PDA

View Full Version : Somebody hold me back

birtikidis
09-29-2013, 05:03 PM
I swear if I see anyone celebrate a first down after being down 17pts with a record of 0-3 that I will freak out.
AB - you caught a ball, good for you. You're losing. Get in the huddle and stfu!

ramblinjim
09-29-2013, 05:05 PM
agreed. what the heck is wrong with people. your team is no good, you are getting stomped and you are celebrating? give me a break.

Eddie Spaghetti
09-29-2013, 05:07 PM
but he has a nice smile and is a hard worker guys

DukieBoy
09-29-2013, 05:08 PM
And I agree with that. Quit the stupid self-absorbed antics and get motivated for Team success.

eniparadoxgma
09-29-2013, 05:11 PM
Been saying the same thing for awhile now. I don't get it. Does it even seem that the players are taking responsibility for this turd of a 4 game stretch? They don't seem like they care that much. Where's the fire?

Seems to me like the players care more about individual accomplishments than about having heart. I dunno. A lot of the guys just look like they need the Arby's sign over their head when they should be fighting tooth and nail for a win.

flippy
09-29-2013, 05:11 PM
As far as I'm concerned, Adams can do a dance after making any block.

DukieBoy
09-29-2013, 05:14 PM
Jack Ham routinely made great plays, with great consistency. No showy celebrations. None necessary. His play spoke loudly and clearly for itself.

AzStillers1989
Lmao now that's funny.

Töm87
Sorry i blame this on Tomlin 100%! For god's sake, he should have stoppend Brown doing that a long time ago. Any serious head coach would. Unfourtantely we have a clown that got his job on affirmative action. And if you want to play the race card now, so say whatever you wanna say.

DukieBoy
09-29-2013, 05:15 PM

And there are exceptions.

buccoray61
09-29-2013, 05:17 PM
Reminds me of Bobby Shaw flashing his Superman shirt when the Steelers were getting smoked by Tennessee

flippy
And there are exceptions.

Heck, I'll twerk myself if Adams ever makes even an average football play :)

Shoe

Yup.
No disrespect intended guys, but at this point, I don't care if AB whips out his ding dong and does the Cabbage Patch.

BlitzTo7
09-29-2013, 05:18 PM
Typical of a Tomlin coached team. He's too buddy-buddy with the players to humble them.

papillon
09-29-2013, 05:19 PM
Jack Ham routinely made great plays, with great consistency. No showy celebrations. None necessary. His play spoke loudly and clearly for itself.

It helps to be one of the top 4 or 5 linebackers of all time.

Pappy

DukieBoy
09-29-2013, 05:20 PM
Heck, I'll twerk myself if Adams ever makes even an average football play :)

Careful to not get twerkorrhoids.

birtikidis
09-29-2013, 05:27 PM
Sorry i blame this on Tomlin 100%! For god's sake, he should have stoppend Brown doing that a long time ago. Any serious head coach would. Unfourtantely we have a clown that got his job on affirmative action. And if you want to play the race card now, so say whatever you wanna say.
Cowhers guys did the same thing. Remember Bobby "superman" Shaw? It's the players in general. They know you can't bench them because who else they got?

eniparadoxgma
09-29-2013, 05:27 PM
Unfourtantely we have a clown that got his job on affirmative action. And if you want to play the race card now, so say whatever you wanna say.

Take your bull**** elsewhere ffs.

birtikidis
09-29-2013, 05:31 PM
Yup.
No disrespect intended guys, but at this point, I don't care if AB whips out his ding dong and does the Cabbage Patch.
Hey if that's what you want to see.. More power to ya man. I don't play for that team, but Y'all should have rights too.

DukieBoy
09-29-2013, 05:34 PM
It helps to be one of the top 4 or 5 linebackers of all time.

Pappy

A good example for players who want to be great, too.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-29-2013, 06:04 PM

$$$

All it means is they are focused on themselves rather than the team. It's a zero sum thing, IMO.

Nobody's seen Heath's victory dance. Because he's never done one.

Chadman
09-29-2013, 06:18 PM
The celebrations at 17-0 down show either a lack of game awareness, complete self importance or rank stupidity.

Actually, maybe all 3.

It's not the biggest issue facing the Steelers, but at the same time it is. This general lack of fight...this inability to focus on the job.. the lack of individual discipline- those are the problems this team currently suffers.

Chadman does not think the Steelers are lacking in talent. They have the players. The schemes could be wrong, but the talent is there. But the attitude from last year & this year is dreadful.

And it's not Tom Haley's fault, or Mike Wallace's fault... it's on all the players, all the coaches & the owners.

Here's the question- what was the catalyst that started this lack of team discipline/spirit?

thor75
09-29-2013, 06:21 PM
Here's the question- what was the catalyst that started this lack of team discipline/spirit?

No one outside of the organization can answer that.

JB13
09-29-2013, 06:43 PM
It's not the biggest issue facing the Steelers, but at the same time it is. This general lack of fight...this inability to focus on the job.. the lack of individual discipline- those are the problems this team currently suffers.

I believe it is Tomlin's fault. These guys are clueless about what it takes to win. They're coasting and other teams are getting better. Do you think they'll beat the Raiders in Oakland this year, which is a house of horrors for the Steelers? The Lions put 40 on the Bears today. This season is a disaster and is only going to get worse. Adams can't block, Steelers can't create TOs and the defense is filled with holes. Such a frustrating year and if there aren't major changes made after this year, I'm not sure what the FO is doing. Do what you can to improve your tea.m. I know there's a cap and your moves are limited, but try SOMETHING.

thor75
09-29-2013, 06:49 PM
There are some leadership issues for sure. The "No Ping Pong" rule may be an example. If this passive aggressive approach to get the younger guys ready for the game plan is needed, then leadership among the players is lacking.

papillon
09-29-2013, 06:50 PM

He was a once in three lifetime player, it will be a long time before a player that good with that much class plays this game, the players now are too self-absorbed.

Here's to Jack Ham, Dobre Shunka!

Pappy

papillon
09-29-2013, 06:56 PM
The celebrations at 17-0 down show either a lack of game awareness, complete self importance or rank stupidity.

Actually, maybe all 3.

Chadman does not think the Steelers are lacking in talent. They have the players. The schemes could be wrong, but the talent is there. But the attitude from last year & this year is dreadful.

And it's not Tom Haley's fault, or Mike Wallace's fault... it's on all the players, all the coaches & the owners.

I'm beginning to think there wasn't a catalyst that sparked the current state of affairs as much as it is the inability to fill the voids in leadership left by guys like Hines Ward, Jerome Bettis, Aaron Smith, Chris Hoke, Casey Hampton, etc. No one taught the young guys how to be professionals and the players that could just aren't that type of leader, Polamalu and Miller, they expect you to watch how they go about business and then emulate it, not to have to hold your hand and tell how to be a professional.

It's going to be a long year boys and girls, the season is 4 weeks old and its over for Steeler fans, wow. I think one team the 1992 Chargers made the playoffs after starting 0-4.

Pappy

feltdizz
09-29-2013, 06:59 PM
Worried about dancing and celebrating.... sure signs of a losing season.

feltdizz
09-29-2013, 07:06 PM
He was a once in three lifetime player, it will be a long time before a player that good with that much class plays this game, the players now are too self-absorbed.

Here's to Jack Ham, Dobre Shunka!

Pappy

If Lambert played today he would be the Suh of the NFL. Dirty... cheap shot artist...another James Harrison...

Sugar
09-29-2013, 07:06 PM
Worried about dancing and celebrating.... sure signs of a losing season.

On the one hand, people complain that there is no passion. On the other hand, when a guy does something good and gets fired up about it he's criticized. There's just no way to please some people.

Chadman
09-29-2013, 07:09 PM
On the one hand, people complain that there is no passion. On the other hand, when a guy does something good and gets fired up about it he's criticized. There's just no way to please some people.

It's probably more about context.

Celebrate getting back in the game? Scoring a TD? Yeah, sure.

Celebrating a 1st down when you are losing by 17?

Moonie
09-29-2013, 07:16 PM
It's probably more about context.

Celebrate getting back in the game? Scoring a TD? Yeah, sure.

Celebrating a 1st down when you are losing by 17?

Its the way he celebrates too. If he got up, hustled back to the huddle and high fived Roethlisberger or an OL, it would be fine. He just makes a spectacle of himself, because its all he cares about. And I think Brown is a great receiver, great hands, great running abilities. But the attention whore in him can't help the team, and its looks really stupid.

phillyesq
09-29-2013, 07:45 PM
I swear if I see anyone celebrate a first down after being down 17pts with a record of 0-3 that I will freak out.
AB - you caught a ball, good for you. You're losing. Get in the huddle and stfu!

I agree completely. Drives me nuts. And it has for a long time.

Eddie Spaghetti
09-29-2013, 07:48 PM
Its the way he celebrates too. If he got up, hustled back to the huddle and high fived Roethlisberger or an OL, it would be fine. He just makes a spectacle of himself, because its all he cares about. And I think Brown is a great receiver, great hands, great running abilities. But the attention whore in him can't help the team, and its looks really stupid.

I like brown as well, but the celebrating has to be toned down.

the double standard that some apply to him is off the charts ridiculous.

feltdizz
09-29-2013, 07:59 PM

People are pissed off and need someone or something to b!tch about... a 1st down signal is low on my list of worries this season.

Some people like players who do their job and show no emotion... I don't give a rip how you carry yourself as long as you do your job.

Its really not a big deal but some people hold onto these things because it gives them a reason the whine after a good play.

feltdizz
09-29-2013, 08:00 PM

Brown is the reason we are losing?

eniparadoxgma
09-29-2013, 08:43 PM
Brown is the reason we are losing?

Brown isn't the reason we're losing, and I don't recall anyone saying that.

As Chadman said, it has to do with context. When you're down double digits and are 0-3, no one wants to see someone celebrating a first down. I'm tired of all of the "first down" gestures around the league, period. The first person I remember doing that a lot was Hines, and even that quickly lost its novelty.

We're in a tailspin as a team, and while those little celebrations are not detrimental to our play, I think it's bad form and completely unnecessary.

feltdizz
09-29-2013, 09:01 PM
Brown isn't the reason we're losing, and I don't recall anyone saying that.

As Chadman said, it has to do with context. When you're down double digits and are 0-3, no one wants to see someone celebrating a first down. I'm tired of all of the "first down" gestures around the league, period. The first person I remember doing that a lot was Hines, and even that quickly lost its novelty.

We're in a tailspin as a team, and while those little celebrations are not detrimental to our play, I think it's bad form and completely unnecessary.Moonie said it can't help the team...

Brown is our best weapon... are only hope IMO. Its not that serious...

Moonie
09-29-2013, 09:30 PM
Isn't it a fair assumption that there are players on the Steelers seeing it as we do, and questioning where Brown's head is when he's acting like a self-involved twit when the team is getting run over?

Separate issue, but about a year ago, I watched large chunks of Super Bowl 13 (Steelers 35, Cows 31) on youtube, and its striking how little celebrating both teams did compared to today. Big plays, and people simply get up and walk to the huddle. I like it much better, but I understand how some fans would like constant jacking around.

DukieBoy
09-29-2013, 09:36 PM
I think the intensity and passion is more productive before the whistle, not so much after it.