PDA

View Full Version : Mike Adams is worse than Gilbert..

Steelhere10
09-29-2013, 02:25 PM
I know that's like comparing one shiny penny to a dull one but all I hear is how terrible Gilbert is but Adams is far worse.

Starlifter
09-29-2013, 02:27 PM
Allen is destroying him today

Ernie
09-29-2013, 02:27 PM
He is definitely looking crappy this game. The only way to know for sure if to put Gilbert and LT and Adams at RT and see what Gilbert does.

DukieBoy
09-29-2013, 05:29 PM
Adams probably had too much bangers and mash for breakfast this morning. Not that it would not have been bad anyway. It's like he was chasing Allen around a roundabout, on those rare occasions he was not standing and watching.

JB13
09-29-2013, 06:35 PM
On that last series, Ben had throw it into the stands after Adams was destroyed on the line. You know they are coming and you still can't stop them. Adams is sh*t and I don't see how he's going to get any better soon. What a f**king joke.

BURGH86STEEL
09-29-2013, 06:50 PM
Some fans want young players to take their lumps while they learn.

ramblinjim
09-29-2013, 07:05 PM
I'm one of those that say "take your lumps and learn" when the season is over but I'm not sure what our options are. Doctor Sean BEGGED the Steelers not to draft this guy, I thought he was a coup in the second round. Shows what I know.

papillon
09-29-2013, 07:12 PM
Even if the future LT is not on the roster if Adams played as bad as everyone is saying that he played, he needs to be benched and play someone else, you can't continue to leave him in the game, he hasn't earned that privilege.

Pappy

pittpete
09-29-2013, 07:56 PM
Learn what?
How to block.
The FN guy played LT for 4 years in the Big Ten.
Maybe he played stoned

pittpete
09-29-2013, 07:57 PM
Pap you didnt see the game?

Eddie Spaghetti
09-29-2013, 08:08 PM
they had no one else to play after foster went down pap.

maybe they could have flipped gilbert over to LT, but that would take somebody actually doing some coaching.

pittpete
09-29-2013, 08:10 PM
Was Whimper dressed?

Ernie
09-29-2013, 08:12 PM
Was Whimper dressed?

you know it is a desperate situation when Guy Whimper's name is brought up in conversation

pittpete
09-29-2013, 08:14 PM
Watching what Adams displayed on the field i would have welcomed one of our DL at LT

Eddie Spaghetti
09-29-2013, 08:18 PM
Was Whimper dressed?

I believe so. In tomlins presser he mentioned something along the lines of nobody else having the proper preparation to be able to go in the game. That, in itself, seriously calls tomlins leadership into question. How in the hell can a guy be active and not prepared to p,ay?

ridiculous.

Shoe
09-29-2013, 08:25 PM
I believe so. In tomlins presser he mentioned something along the lines of nobody else having the proper preparation to be able to go in the game. That, in itself, seriously calls tomlins leadership into question. How in the hell can a guy be active and not prepared to p,ay?

ridiculous.

Especially when you consider that anyone could have seen an oncoming train wreck this week (i.e. Adams' horrendous season to this point + Jared Allen). Your only contingency can't just be Beachum backing up every position.

Steelhere10
09-29-2013, 08:26 PM

ridiculous.Translation, Beachum was prepared for one of the tackles spot, Foster went down and so did the theory. He also explained that you can
only prepare so many players and the fact of the matter is .....That if you have to prepare Whimper that means all hope is lost because the talent is not there and there is no one else worth even mention from the bench. It's not leadership it's TALENT PERIOD, they the FO took the chance on the young OLINEMAN gambled and lost PERIOD!!!!!!!

feltdizz
09-29-2013, 08:27 PM
How about double teaming Allen... running plays at Allen, RB chipping Allen???

Allen abuses good LT's and we left Adams out their all day.

Eddie Spaghetti
09-29-2013, 08:28 PM
its most certainly leadership if players are active and aren't prepared to play.

Ernie
09-29-2013, 08:29 PM
Especially when you consider that anyone could have seen an oncoming train wreck this week (i.e. Adams' horrendous season to this point + Jared Allen). Your only contingency can't just be Beachum backing up every position.

Yea I read on here this week where several members were forcasting the "Train Wreck"...and you are right about Beacham being the backup at every position. Just can't happen.

Ghost
09-29-2013, 08:30 PM
Joe Long on the Practice Squad could compete as well as Adams. The DE is around him before he even raises an arm. He's moving in slow motion out there.

And the new o-line coach doesn't' take nearly enough heat for this debacle. Has he coached any one up? I'm sick to my stomach watching opposing QBs stand back with infinite time.