PDA

View Full Version : Matt Cassel will start for the Vikings on Sunday

eniparadoxgma
09-27-2013, 10:27 AM
https://twitter.com/Vikings/status/383556846713602048

feltdizz
09-27-2013, 10:34 AM
I just read that Brady knew about it before Cassell and called him with the news.

papillon
09-27-2013, 11:14 AM
While not a great quarterback, Matt Cassell does do the things well that the Steeler defense has had a difficult time defending our the past few years and that's taking what the defense will give you, the short to intermediate stuff that kills you with 1,000 cuts until you bleed to death. I would have rather had Ponder in the game.

Just my .02

Pappy

feltdizz
09-27-2013, 11:39 AM
While not a great quarterback, Matt Cassell does do the things well that the Steeler defense has had a difficult time defending our the past few years and that's taking what the defense will give you, the short to intermediate stuff that kills you with 1,000 cuts until you bleed to death. I would have rather had Ponder in the game.

Just my .02

Pappy

he didn't when we played him in NE... he will hold the ball and we should be able to make him pay for it.

SteelSpain
09-27-2013, 01:09 PM
We´ll win anyway, because I´ll be there :p :tt1

skyhawk
09-27-2013, 05:18 PM

Just my .02

Pappy

Agreed 100%!

fordfixer
09-27-2013, 08:12 PM
Wasn't he Haley's QB in KC?

eniparadoxgma
09-27-2013, 08:36 PM
Wasn't he Haley's QB in KC?

Looks like it (wiki):
Chiefs starting QB Matt Cassel broke his hand during a week 11 game vs. the Denver Broncos. He was replaced by Tyler Palko, and had surgery on the injured hand on November 14. On November 21, Cassel was placed on injured reserve, ending his season.

(at least until he was injured)

Also noticed this:
Despite having lost several key players to injuries, on October 31, 2011 Haley led The Chiefs to a come-from-behind victory in dramatic fashion on Monday Night Football. The win was KC's fourth in a row, which moved them into first place in the AFC West. It marked the first time in NFL history that a team which started 0-3 was leading its division by the halfway point of the season.

C'mon Haley, time to tap into your 0-3 turnaround magic!

DukieBoy
09-27-2013, 09:01 PM
We´ll win anyway, because I´ll be there :p :tt1

Great --- enjoy the game!

flippy
09-27-2013, 09:17 PM

Just my .02

Pappy

Cassell or Ponder would do the same thing, just hand the ball to AP. And that is something that might give this current Steelers' team fits.

JDSteeler
09-28-2013, 10:30 AM
Hasn't Cassel been out for over a year?? I can't remember the last time he took a snap. If the Steelers defense can't stop him, and have 3 to 5 interceptions, it should be LeBeau on the chopping block. It would be inexcusable to lose to this QB!!!

JD

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
09-28-2013, 12:42 PM
Hasn't Cassel been out for over a year?? I can't remember the last time he took a snap. If the Steelers defense can't stop him, and have 3 to 5 interceptions, it should be LeBeau on the chopping block. It would be inexcusable to lose to this QB!!!

JD

I watched Brian Hoyer shred the Vikes D last week, and he was a player who has not played a meaningful game since...college?? I watched Christian Ponder - an entrenched NFL starter - play at a level that should be several steps below high school backup last week. (I had the Vikes in my elimination pool, otherwise I wouldn't have spent that much time watching a game between those two teams.)

Don't judge until you have watched him play. At the very least he will be an upgrade over Ponder, just not as mobile. Not saying we shouldn't beat him, but I would have been much happier to see Cassel in last week instead of Ponder.