PDA

View Full Version : Gilbert Quote on Bell

Shawn
09-26-2013, 02:29 PM
"He's an Adrian Peterson-type -- I don't want to put him in the same category yet, but he has that type of playmaking ability to break tackles and get yards after he's hit," said tackle Marcus Gilbert.

Discuss

Captain Lemming
09-26-2013, 02:38 PM
he has that type of playmaking ability to break tackles and get yards after he's hit," said tackle Marcus Gilbert.

Not to put a damper I hope he is right but considering THE SOURCE it might be a little "wishful thinking" :)

Shawn
09-26-2013, 02:44 PM
LOL...CL I was thinking the same thing. IMO, Peterson is the best back the NFL has seen since Barry Sanders. I am a Bell fan, but he isn't Peterson...not even close. But, obviously Gilbert has some man love for Bell. That can't be a bad thing.....right?

Steelhere10
09-26-2013, 03:29 PM
Speaking of Gilbert, on cooler talk radio broadcast he was asked about Beachum rotation and while Adams said that it was done to push them to make them play better. But Gilbert answer was that the whole OL had a stellar game. So just consider the source.

feltdizz
09-26-2013, 03:37 PM
man.. when will this nonsense stop.. just win a freaking game. I'm sick of all these interviews talking about what they see in practice and how hard so and so is working. Show us on game day that you are working harder than the other team. Until then... shut it up.

RuthlessBurgher
09-26-2013, 03:57 PM
"He's an Adrian Peterson-type -- I don't want to put him in the same category yet, but he has that type of playmaking ability to break tackles and get yards after he's hit," said tackle Marcus Gilbert.

"...and he better be able to break tackles and get yards after he's hit, because he's going to be hit in the backfield a ton running behind this o-line," said everyone who has watched Marcus Gilbert and the Steelers o-line play this year.

Oviedo
09-26-2013, 04:52 PM
"...and he better be able to break tackles and get yards after he's hit, because he's going to be hit in the backfield a ton running behind this o-line," said everyone who has watched Marcus Gilbert and the Steelers o-line play this year.

Exactly. Just wonder how quick everyone will turn on him like they did Mendanhall when he is constantly getting hit in the backfield blaming the RB versus the terrible OL play.

Discipline of Steel
09-26-2013, 05:48 PM
If Bellcow gives him something to play harder for then by all means...praise away! Who knows, Gilbert could still surprise and turn out to be a respectable lineman yet.

skyhawk
09-26-2013, 06:17 PM
Not to put a damper I hope he is right but considering THE SOURCE it might be a little "wishful thinking" :)

If anything Gilbert is THE best guy to ask. Because Gilbert doesn't block anyone, Bell MUST make the first move and breaK tackles ;) Who better to know this than Gilbert?

Edit: Oops! Ruthless gets it!

Eddie Spaghetti
09-26-2013, 06:51 PM
I'm just so happy that we have our back up back up QB position taken care of.

anything bell does this year is just gravy.

Slapstick
09-26-2013, 07:01 PM
I'm just so happy that we have our back up back up QB position taken care of.

anything bell does this year is just gravy.

I agree with you wholeheartedly. With this o-line, he'll probably be playing...

Eddie Spaghetti
09-26-2013, 07:07 PM
and therein lies the problem. This roster was no where near deep enough to waste a 4th on a back up to the back up QB.

can you grasp that concept? You can't have it both ways.

NorthCoast
09-26-2013, 07:08 PM
Exactly. Just wonder how quick everyone will turn on him like they did Mendanhall when he is constantly getting hit in the backfield blaming the RB versus the terrible OL play.

haa,haaa,hhaaa...no. We were dogging Mendenhall because he was Spindenhall and because he peaked way too soon in his career. Guy isn't in the top half of the league right now and he is supposed to be a feature back. He is a slightly better than average back, that's it.

Slapstick
09-26-2013, 07:19 PM
and therein lies the problem. This roster was no where near deep enough to waste a 4th on a back up to the back up QB.

can you grasp that concept? You can't have it both ways.

Yeah! All the Steelers had to do was spend that day 3 pick on someone who isn't as good a player, and they'd suddenly be 3-0!!!

Eddie Spaghetti
09-26-2013, 07:29 PM
yep, that's what I said.

your blind homerism makes your credibility zero.

tell me again how the steelers will make him into trade bait in this offense.

Slapstick
09-26-2013, 07:46 PM
To tell you "again" would mean that I would have told you "before"...which never happened...

Blind homerism...that's funny...

DukieBoy
09-26-2013, 08:59 PM
Speaking of Gilbert, on cooler talk radio broadcast he was asked about Beachum rotation and while Adams said that it was done to push them to make them play better. But Gilbert answer was that the whole OL had a stellar game. So just consider the source.

Meaning nobody got their knee taken out by friendly fire-falling?

fordfixer
09-26-2013, 09:42 PM
Hopefully Bell is fast enough to keep Gilbert from falling on him:D

feltdizz
09-27-2013, 07:11 AM
Hopefully Bell is fast enough to keep Gilbert from falling on him:D

At least Gilbert "falls".... DD is the one Bell needs to watch out for...that guy dives with the precision of a Stanford grad...

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
09-27-2013, 09:07 AM
Let's give Bell a chance to stack up or did a deeper hole before we crown or drown him. That's coming from a skeptic.

ikestops85
09-27-2013, 11:56 AM
Let's give Bell a chance to stack up or did a deeper hole before we crown or drown him. That's coming from a skeptic.

Why? We normally crown or drown as soon as the name is announced at the draft. :rolleyes:

Shawn
09-27-2013, 12:09 PM
Yeah JPN, that wouldn't much fun now would it.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
09-27-2013, 12:35 PM
What was I thinking??? Nothing but "Busts" in the Steelers drafts. Drown him!

Shawn
09-27-2013, 01:02 PM
Much better. :)

Iron City Inc.
09-27-2013, 07:37 PM
Yeah he looked good at camp (caught the ball well enough and pass blocking was at least okay) but that seems so long ago. With our O line I'm not sure what we will see but we could use a ray of hope so at least he gives us that. Since we have a group of backs that are servicable but not special Bell wont need to do much to be the guy.