PDA

View Full Version : The Good News despite being 0-3...

legend of polamalu
09-25-2013, 05:55 PM

BradshawsHairdresser
09-25-2013, 06:54 PM
All I see is a few dots on the left-hand column. Am I missing something?:)

SteelCrazy
09-25-2013, 06:58 PM
All I see is a few dots on the left-hand column. Am I missing something?:)

No. I think that about sums it up.

BradshawsHairdresser
09-25-2013, 07:28 PM
No. I think that about sums it up.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

DukieBoy
09-25-2013, 07:29 PM
Very well said, legend, with a great economy in verbiage.

Slapstick
09-25-2013, 07:35 PM
We're not 0-4 (yet)?

thor75
09-25-2013, 08:34 PM
I can list a few I guess..

the signing of Velasco

Heath Miller is back

Jarvis is getting significant PT

Troy is playing and looks good

OK, those haven't amounted to much, but hey its a start. :)

legend of polamalu
09-25-2013, 09:39 PM
In other words...this sucks! I feel like the season is over before it ever began. I am looking forward to Bell but he will probably sprain his foot putting his cleats on for the game.

There is no Good News being 0-3. WE ARE THE PITTSBURGH STEELERS, NOT THE CLEVELAND BROWNS!!!!!

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-25-2013, 10:06 PM
I think the cruel wheel of fortune has run us over the last few years, mainly in terms of injury (starting with Pouncey hurt for the SB ... would someone else besides DJ have been in, would Matthews have been blocked for 1 second longer, so there would be no fumble ... oh, it hurts to even think ... we were marching ...). Then of course everything else/all the other injuries ... culminating in Gilbert taking out DD :wft. NO - even THAT wasn't the worst ... we've got DD taking out Pouncey this year, :wft :wft. The injuries these past few years have been UNbelievable, but more important, it's like 3 100-year storms in one season - it sucks, but you know it won't happen next year.

So, I'm thinking maybe this year is not our year, maybe it is, we'll find out. But either way, we're gonna get healthier and stronger, and these babies on the OL will learn how to play (did I read we have the youngest OL in the NFL?), Bell will learn his craft, Ben will come out of his "Staying Alive" mode and be absolutely unstoppable again, and next year we will be THE team to beat.

So, there is no good being 0-3 ... but we can use this year to get tougher and stronger, and make our run next year ... heck, this year is not mathematically over yet, either!

GO STEELERS!

Keyplay1
09-26-2013, 06:50 AM
I don't usually agree with all the posts but with this one I do. However, I would like to add a few more points.

.? not sure about this one

That just about does it for me.

TD386Steel
09-26-2013, 07:39 AM
Very funny ha ha

Ernie
09-26-2013, 07:53 AM
I can list a few I guess..

the signing of Velasco

Heath Miller is back

Jarvis is getting significant PT

Troy is playing and looks good

OK, those haven't amounted to much, but hey its a start. :)

I'm with you all the way... but the Troy's health is really a non factor, seeing as how this team is a loss or two away from being on their way to a top 5 draft pick next year.

phillyesq
09-26-2013, 12:42 PM
I guess a bright spot is that Tomlin has coached teams that have had long losing streaks and finished with decent records. Previously, it had been a late season collapse (unleashing hell), but maybe this year the team gets the collapse out of the way early and finishes strong.

flippy
09-26-2013, 01:08 PM
I guess a bright spot is that Tomlin has coached teams that have had long losing streaks and finished with decent records. Previously, it had been a late season collapse (unleashing hell), but maybe this year the team gets the collapse out of the way early and finishes strong.

This is what I'm hoping for. I get the impression Tomlin is a little more patient and knows what he's got with all these young players. He's not pressing to unleash hell. To me, that almost seems to acknowledge this is a work in progress. And they have made some small strides forward in the last 2 games. Who knows where we may end up come December. I didn't expect this bad to start, but hopefully it just keeps getting better.

steelblood
09-26-2013, 01:24 PM
This is what I'm hoping for. I get the impression Tomlin is a little more patient and knows what he's got with all these young players. He's not pressing to unleash hell. To me, that almost seems to acknowledge this is a work in progress. And they have made some small strides forward in the last 2 games. Who knows where we may end up come December. I didn't expect this bad to start, but hopefully it just keeps getting better.

"all these young players" overstates the case a bit. Most teams have way more depth and young talent than us.

Captain Lemming
09-26-2013, 03:23 PM
I don't usually agree with all the posts but with this one I do. However, I would like to add a few more points.

.? not sure about this one

That just about does it for me.

I get most of these points but number 3 is just ridiculous!!!!!
And the comment on point 2 is a flagrant violation of board policy. I am deeply offended!!!!!!! :mad:

Oviedo
09-26-2013, 04:54 PM

Well stated and rational assessment. Are you nuts?