PDA

View Full Version : Well, at least...

Slapstick
09-23-2013, 07:24 AM
...all the talk about Antonio Brown "not being a #1" will die down for awhile...

Also, I can perhaps see why he was so frustrated (allegedly) with Haley...

chiken
09-23-2013, 08:24 AM
The Kid can play - we knew that.. Sanders on the other Hand is not a #2.. That kid can not make 1 big catch.

feltdizz
09-23-2013, 08:40 AM
...all the talk about Antonio Brown "not being a #1" will die down for awhile...

Also, I can perhaps see why he was so frustrated (allegedly) with Haley...

Yep... he did what any playmaker at WR would do..

7 UP
09-23-2013, 09:11 AM
The Kid can play - we knew that.. Sanders on the other Hand is not a #2.. That kid can not make 1 big catch.

Spot on. Ben has put him in position to make some big catches in each game. He hasnt made 1. Maybe we should have taken the draft pick and let him walk.

Chadman
09-23-2013, 09:15 AM
Brown stepped up today & played great. Been a critic of his signing, obviously, and probably will be again going forward, but today was good. For the team's sake, Chadman would like to see an 'open even when he's covered' type WR added before Ben rides off into the sunset, which would not only make Ben better, but Brown as well, as he'd likely see less double coverage.

Oviedo
09-23-2013, 09:21 AM
Brown made catches Mike Wallace would had never made. That is why the Steelers valued Brown more. They probably saw that in practice every single day.

BlitzTo7
09-23-2013, 09:23 AM
So Brown gets put in positions where he's not able to make big plays, calls out Haley on it, then suddenly makes two big plays in a game....

Why are the Steelers keeping Haley around again?

Chadman
09-23-2013, 09:25 AM
Brown made catches Mike Wallace would had never made. That is why the Steelers valued Brown more. They probably saw that in practice every single day. The way fans have erased Wallace's first years with the Steelers are amazing.

Slapstick
09-23-2013, 09:41 AM
The way fans have erased Wallace's first years with the Steelers are amazing.

The closest Wallace came to making a catch like Brown's 2nd TD last night was the winning TD in the GB-Christmas-Ben 500 yard game...which was a great catch and an exciting game...

But, that 2nd TD grab by Brown last night was amazing...

Chadman
09-23-2013, 09:48 AM
The closest Wallace came to making a catch like Brown's 2nd TD last night was the winning TD in the GB-Christmas-Ben 500 yard game...which was a great catch and an exciting game...

But, that 2nd TD grab by Brown last night was amazing... Agreed- great catch. Attribute for attribute- Wallace probably doesn't make that catch. Conversely, there are some catches Wallace can & did make that Brown can't make because he doesn't have the same speed. Not defending or criticising either WR in that comment- both have different skills that teams can utilise. The way some people are so keen to downplay what Wallace did for this team is still amusing to Chadman. One 'bad' season, and he becomes Beazlebub. If Ben doesn't get any better, do the same fans ride him out of town with a "that is why the Steelers value Landry Jones more" attitude?

Slapstick
09-23-2013, 09:52 AM
Agreed- great catch. Attribute for attribute- Wallace probably doesn't make that catch. Conversely, there are some catches Wallace can & did make that Brown can't make because he doesn't have the same speed. Not defending or criticising either WR in that comment- both have different skills that teams can utilise. The way some people are so keen to downplay what Wallace did for this team is still amusing to Chadman. One 'bad' season, and he becomes Beazlebub. If Ben doesn't get any better, do the same fans ride him out of town with a "that is why the Steelers value Landry Jones more" attitude?

I have no problem with what Wallace did in his first three years as a Steeler...

My OP was merely intended as a compliment to Brown for taking advantage of the opportunities presented to him (which I think he has done all season...he just had more and better opportunities last night)...I didn't bring Wallace into the discussion...

I do understand that others did so...

Slapstick
09-23-2013, 09:53 AM
They've been trying to ride Ben out of town for years.

In their eyes Ben is a hindrance. When BA and Ben were winning double digit games every year by throwing the ball people hated that. They wanted their ground game, they wanted their fullback, they want their 1970s Stillers back.

Some Steelers fans are LOVING this. They love seeing Ben struggle. It's sad and embarrassing.

If some people are enjoying this, it isn't because of a love of 70s football...

Chadman
09-23-2013, 09:59 AM
I have no problem with what Wallace did in his first three years as a Steeler...

My OP was merely intended as a compliment to Brown for taking advantage of the opportunities presented to him (which I think he has done all season...he just had more and better opportunities last night)...I didn't bring Wallace into the discussion...

I do understand that others did so...All good. :) Chadman knows you didn't bring Wallace into it (although the topic did lead to the conversation..). It seems we have the 2013 version of the great Crash vs Pirogi Pete "Antonio Bryant is all-world compared to Randle El" debate between us.

Ghost
09-23-2013, 09:59 AM
They've been trying to ride Ben out of town for years.

In their eyes Ben is a hindrance. When BA and Ben were winning double digit games every year by throwing the ball people hated that. They wanted their ground game, they wanted their fullback, they want their 1970s Stillers back.

Some Steelers fans are LOVING this. They love seeing Ben struggle. It's sad and embarrassing.

Who exactly are Steelers fans that are loving this? I don't know of a single one, including anyone who posts on this site. Every fan I know just wants wins. Whatever it takes. And loved when Ben would air it out. I don't know anyone rooting for Ben to fail or not understanding the talent he is, especially in light of all the clowns the Steelers had at QB for over a decade.

You've somehow decided that all fans are Yinzers who are stuck in the 70's drinking luke-warm Iron City and bemoaning the fact that Rocky and Franco aren't running the ball. It's simply not true.