PDA

View Full Version : It's time for Gay to get it...

Steelhere10
09-19-2013, 08:49 AM
Some credit that is, I have been hard on him and he actually have played well the first two games knock on wood.

Slapstick
09-19-2013, 05:09 PM
Gay is doing his job...if every player just did their job to the best of their ability instead of trying to be a hero and do too much, the team would be better off...

NorthCoast
09-19-2013, 09:28 PM
I posted elsewhere, the "Lake Effect" is taking hold of Gay. Gay wasn't even ranked in the top 100 DBs last year. This year he is currently sitting at 31st.

LordVile
09-20-2013, 01:55 AM
GAY has PRIDE :-P

Ernie
09-20-2013, 06:13 AM
Gay actually had a pretty good season (i thought) his last year in Pittsburgh. He's proving thus far to be one of the few decent off season transactions that the FO has made.

RussBII
09-20-2013, 02:50 PM
I posted elsewhere, the "Lake Effect" is taking hold of Gay. Gay wasn't even ranked in the top 100 DBs last year. This year he is currently sitting at 31st.

Where does one get these rankings?

Captain Lemming
09-20-2013, 04:16 PM
gay has pride :-p

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BradshawsHairdresser
09-20-2013, 04:49 PM
Gay actually had a pretty good season (i thought) his last year in Pittsburgh. He's proving thus far to be one of the few decent off season transactions that the FO has made.
:Agree Good thing Gay was available. Can you imagine how our D-backfield would have fared WITHOUT him these past couple of games?

Captain Lemming
09-20-2013, 06:59 PM
:Agree Good thing Gay was available. Can you imagine how our D-backfield would have fared WITHOUT him these past couple of games?

Can you imagine predicting this line with all the hate he got in the offseason?

Imagine....with ALL THE CRITICISM right now , Gay OF ALL PEOPLE is pointed at as a bright spot.

Shoe
09-20-2013, 07:52 PM
No its not. I'm not trying to be a hater, but no one deserves "credit" on this team, certainly not some nickel CB who has done nothing of note (i.e. forced a turnover). All he's done is not gotten beat (yet).

Captain Lemming
09-20-2013, 08:16 PM
No its not. I'm not trying to be a hater, but no one deserves "credit" on this team, certainly not some nickel CB who has done nothing of note (i.e. forced a turnover). All he's done is not gotten beat (yet).

Let me lay some Confucius style wisdom on the topic
The darker setting, the less light required to be a "bright spot." :)

NorthCoast
09-21-2013, 09:06 AM
A big part of CB play comes down to confidence. If Gay continues to build his confidence, he can become a very respectable CB. Doesn't have the top end speed to cover the really fast WRs but is generally a very good tackler.
Gay is on pace to have his 2nd best season as a tackler in entering the league in 2007.