PDA

View Full Version : 18-1 Baby!!!!

flippy
09-10-2013, 07:38 AM
OK, so I've accepted 19-0 isn't gonna happen this season. It's starting to look like 18-1 is in the cards. What you clowns say? Who's down?

Let's go!!!!!!!

It's on like mother humping donkey kong!!!!!

Velasco, Dwyer, and Graham are the missing pieces to the puzzle and we got em now mofos. Can't believe we got em. But we did.

Unstoppable. Don't be late to get on the bandwagon.

I can smell #7 in the air.

History to be made.

Stay tuned!!!

JAR
09-10-2013, 08:05 AM
OK, so I've accepted 19-0 isn't gonna happen this season. It's starting to look like 18-1 is in the cards. What you clowns say? Who's down?

Let's go!!!!!!!

Velasco, Dwyer, and Graham are the missing pieces to the puzzle and we got em now mofos. Can't believe we got em. But we did.

History to be made.

Stay tuned!!!

So happy to see optimism! It'worse than a zombie apocalypse around here over one game. I still don't understand why so many even watch when everything the Steelers do make them so miserable. Cheers Flip!

flippy
09-10-2013, 08:08 AM
I was a little bummed for a day. But today I woke up refreshed. There's no sense looking back on yesterday. No worrying about tomorrow. Just an opportunity to be great today. Today is our day!!!!

The Bengals should be very worried.

Gus
09-10-2013, 08:20 AM

Let's go!!!!!!!

History to be made.

Stay tuned!!!
but, but, but, b-b-b-b-b-but what about our crappy........................oh hell...........................GO STEELERS!!!!!!

Eich
09-10-2013, 08:32 AM
Love the optimism. Anything can happen but a LOT has to happen for this team to have any success this year.

The offense is totally and completely broken. Sanders dropping balls. Redman putting them on the ground. None of the backs were effective. Line was a sieve. Ben was running for his life. Two offensive players out for the season and another on D. There's really nothing worse than watching a totally inept offense that has no life, no organization, no obvious plan - just floundering. Watching Monday night last night, there was excitement in the air on both teams. A good battle to the end. Our HOME OPENER looked like the team couldn't wait to get into the locker room.

But Ben is still healthy and maybe they can start finding their way. I hope that we can safely say that Monday night against the Bungles can't be worse than this home opener. I also think that the one-game-at-a-time mentality is in full force.

flippy
09-10-2013, 10:10 AM
Sometimes you gotta hit rock bottom before you realize it's time to dig yourself out. Were we awful? Yup. Can we get better? Yup. Will we get better? We better.

For sanity's sake, I gotta believe in something.

"It's the repetition of affirmations that leads to belief. And once that belief becomes a deep conviction, things begin to happen" - Muhammad Ali

It's time to believe mofos!!!!!!

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-10-2013, 10:17 AM
Flippy - I think your post has demonstrated you have the kind of solid grasp on reality that qualifies you to ... be an honorary member of the Steeler Front Office and Talent Evaluation Committee!

Sign me up too please! :-)

HERE WE GO!

flippy
09-10-2013, 10:22 AM
Flippy - I think your post has demonstrated you have the kind of solid grasp on reality that qualifies you to ... be an honorary member of the Steeler Front Office and Talent Evaluation Committee!

Sign me up too please! :-)

HERE WE GO!

We could take this team over and lead the way to 7. Can you play C? How good is your positional flexibility? :)

Shoe
09-10-2013, 10:55 AM
We could take this team over and lead the way to 7. Can you play C? How good is your positional flexibility? :)

I would not play Center... not after I saw the way Decastro treats his own linemate.

flippy
09-10-2013, 11:09 AM
I would not play Center... not after I saw the way Decastro treats his own linemate.

Maybe we can use you at ILB, CB, or a tackling dummy at QB ;)

Eich
09-10-2013, 11:45 AM

I can't fathom how the "next day at the office" must be for DeCastro. Took out the anchor of our line for the season - on a play that looked beyond absurd on tape. Can you imagine how distraught he must be?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-10-2013, 12:13 PM
I can't fathom how the "next day at the office" must be for DeCastro. Took out the anchor of our line for the season - on a play that looked beyond absurd on tape. Can you imagine how distraught he must be?

Adam Schefter reports: New bank account in Switzerland opened in DD's name on Monday traced to " Mr. RG, NYC". Wonder where all that will lead?? :-)

flippy
09-10-2013, 12:49 PM
Adam Schefter reports: New bank account in Switzerland opened in DD's name on Monday traced to " Mr. RG, NYC". Wonder where all that will lead?? :-)

I'll believe that when Mike mysteriously goes down next week ;)

Jooser
09-10-2013, 05:00 PM
This still isn't a Super Bowl or Bust thread.....:wft

Va Steelr
09-10-2013, 05:17 PM
Always count on you flip !!!! Didn't want to post for a few days. I was stocking the shelter because after a couple board visits I thought the world was ending. Only one way to go......UP !!!! HERE WE GO !!!!!!

flippy
09-10-2013, 05:33 PM
This still isn't a Super Bowl or Bust thread.....:wft

Sorry Joos. Wasn't feeling the conviction this season. But I'm totally on board with 18-1 as of this week ;)

flippy
09-10-2013, 05:34 PM
Always count on you flip !!!! Didn't want to post for a few days. I was stocking the shelter because after a couple board visits I thought the world was ending. Only one way to go......UP !!!! HERE WE GO !!!!!!

The world still may be ending. But I'm putting my fingers in my ears and yelling la la la la la la la as loud as I can :)

AzStillers1989
09-10-2013, 05:34 PM

Let's go!!!!!!!

History to be made.

Stay tuned!!!
Flip, you have a rare ability to create optimism when everyone else is purely negative. I'm not trying to be unrealistic and expect us to play offense like the broncos did to the ravens but there is no way this teams offense is THIS bad... Lets do this!!

flippy
09-10-2013, 05:39 PM
Flip, you have a rare ability to create optimism when everyone else is purely negative. I'm not trying to be unrealistic and expect us to play offense like the broncos did to the ravens but there is no way this teams offense is THIS bad... Lets do this!!

I just got tired of the all the negative. Now that everyone's gone overboard, I feel like it's time to get back to enjoying the season. Warts and all, I love me some Steelers.

AzStillers1989
09-10-2013, 06:00 PM
I just got tired of the all the negative. Now that everyone's gone overboard, I feel like it's time to get back to enjoying the season. Warts and all, I love me some Steelers.
Haha I am with ya brotha. :tt2

Captain Lemming
09-10-2013, 06:21 PM
Flippy, I thought I was optimistic but you deserve a meme for starting this thread :)

flippy
09-10-2013, 06:24 PM
Flippy, I thought I was optimistic but you deserve a meme for starting this thread :)

LMAO. I was going for genius more than crazy ;)

flippy
09-11-2013, 10:24 AM
18-1, you can believe that mofos!!!!! All aboard!!!!!

fordfixer
09-11-2013, 02:30 PM
I'm in !!!!!!!!

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
09-11-2013, 02:35 PM
18-1, you can believe that mofos!!!!! All aboard!!!!!

Flip, I'll be in only if you promise that under no circumstances will you start a "17-2 Baby!!!" thread next week. :D

flippy
09-11-2013, 02:52 PM
Flip, I'll be in only if you promise that under no circumstances will you start a "17-2 Baby!!!" thread next week. :D

lol - i can't fathom doing that right now ;)

feltdizz
09-11-2013, 03:08 PM

I have to admit... last year I said I would take a Pirates winning season over a Steeler SB.. sorry but it's been that long for the Bucco's. Now that we have 83 wins and the playoffs are in reach I think the Steelers may turn it around. I think we gave them our mojo so they could get over 20 years of misery.

Hopefully a division foe brings out the best in us... it usually does.

papillon
09-11-2013, 03:12 PM
I have to admit... last year I said I would take a Pirates winning season over a Steeler SB.. sorry but it's been that long for the Bucco's. Now that we have 83 wins and the playoffs are in reach I think the Steelers may turn it around. I think we gave them our mojo so they could get over 20 years of misery.

The problem is, what is the "best" this team has?

Pappy

Töm87
09-11-2013, 03:56 PM
The defense is good enough to win us the AFC North.
Seriously, the Ravens are in a transition year, the Bengals always underachiev and the Browns, well the Browns.
Heck seriously, i am absolutely convinced that 9-7 will win the AFC North. In the playoffs anything is possible anyway.

papillon
09-11-2013, 04:11 PM
The defense is good enough to win us the AFC North.
Seriously, the Ravens are in a transition year, the Bengals always underachiev and the Browns, well the Browns.
Heck seriously, i am absolutely convinced that 9-7 will win the AFC North. In the playoffs anything is possible anyway.

Based on the week one performance can you find 9 wins on the Steeler schedule? Lets hope week two goes a little better than week one.

Pappy

flippy
09-11-2013, 04:39 PM
Based on the week one performance can you find 9 wins on the Steeler schedule? Lets hope week two goes a little better than week one.

Pappy

I found 15 regular season games we can win on the schedule. That was the whole point of this thread :)

flippy
09-11-2013, 04:45 PM

Whoa dizzy!!! No need to trade a SuperBowl for a Pirates winning season. Let's just get both. Actually lets get an MLB, NFL, and NHL championship while we're at it. Heck, even Pitt can win the NCAA tourney. Let's all win :)

I'm still not getting my hopes up on the Buccos just yet. Every time I do, they kick me in the face :)