PDA

View Full Version : Dulac claims the Steelers will

Steelhere10
09-09-2013, 09:16 PM
Bring back Sly to replace Foote, If this happens and he's back to start. The whole staff need to be fired. Why bring players back who you have let go for different reason instead of trying the players who you decided to keep. Is the staff scared of change.

steelz09
09-09-2013, 09:21 PM
There is just no excuse for these type of decisions. Just add another one of these perplexing decisions to the list.

Vindrow
09-09-2013, 09:28 PM
If they bring Sly back then who do they cut to make room? They have already filled the 3 spots for Pouncey, Howling and Foote, with Velasco, Dwyer, and Shayne Graham (filling in for Swishy until he heals up). Wouldn't mid if they got rid of Whimper.

Rara
09-09-2013, 09:53 PM
That is probably what would happen.

feltdizz
09-09-2013, 10:06 PM
Cant bring in new guys to play in this D.

Discipline of Steel
09-09-2013, 10:06 PM
Haha Jeez.... If Whipper gets cut, who will we blame all of our problems on?

hawaiiansteel
09-09-2013, 10:17 PM
Cant bring in new guys to play in this D.

nope, it takes several years to properly learn Dick LeBeau's complicated defensive schemes...:stirpot

fordfixer
09-09-2013, 10:22 PM
The list is long, but distinguished:p

7 UP
09-09-2013, 10:22 PM
This is a team in disarray. The players are not stupid. Tomlin is running the risk of losing this team by making moves like this.

Imagine if you are a player who won a job in preseason, only to find out you lost that job because the guy you were backing up got hurt, and the guy you beat out was signed to take your job. Did that sentence even make sence? Scary thing is its true.

Mister Pittsburgh
09-09-2013, 10:29 PM
This is a team in disarray. The players are not stupid. Tomlin is running the risk of losing this team by making moves like this.

Imagine if you are a player who won a job in preseason, only to find out you lost that job because the guy you were backing up got hurt, and the guy you beat out was signed to take your job. Did that sentence even make sence? Scary thing is its true.

Yes, it does make sense. And yes, it is total bullcrap. You keep Williams and Wilson over Sly, then they play over Sly.

flippy
09-09-2013, 10:57 PM
Yes, it does make sense. And yes, it is total bullcrap. You keep Williams and Wilson over Sly, then they play over Sly.

Williams was kept as the backup to Foote and Wilson is the backup to Timmons. It's possible we kept Williams based on his potential but didn't expect Foote to go down and don't feel Williams is ready to start.

Captain Lemming
09-09-2013, 11:39 PM

We blame him when he is on the bench so we can blame him if he is cut. :)

Discipline of Steel
09-09-2013, 11:50 PM
we blame him when he is on the bench so we can blame him if he is cut. :)

ahahahahahaha!!!

Captain Lemming
09-09-2013, 11:52 PM

Situations vary. For instance if we somehow wound up in playoff contention its week 14 Ben misses a game because his wife is having baby 2. Grad comes in and gets injured for the season while leading the game. We lose on a Landry pick. I would call Batch to backup Ben through the playoffs, despite knowing Landry has WAY MORE potential in the long term.

NJ-STEELER
09-10-2013, 02:50 AM
Williams was kept as the backup to Foote and Wilson is the backup to Timmons. It's possible we kept Williams based on his potential but didn't expect Foote to go down and don't feel Williams is ready to start.

And I would think cap hits came into play as well

Ernie
09-10-2013, 06:01 AM
nope, it takes several years to properly learn Dick LeBeau's complicated defensive schemes...:stirpot

that's right... you pick it up somewhere in your early 30's...one or two years before retirement...lol

Sword
09-10-2013, 11:26 AM
sorry learning plays does not take that long... heck I could learn 50 plays in 2 weeks....

legend of polamalu
09-10-2013, 11:47 PM
So...uhhhhhh...who is are starting ILB to replace Foote????

phillyesq
09-11-2013, 08:27 AM
So...uhhhhhh...who is are starting ILB to replace Foote????

Looks like it will be Kion Wilson, at least initially.

JB13
09-11-2013, 11:15 AM
Perhaps Levon Kirkland or Kendrell Bell is available for Sunday's game. Tomlin seems to be very good at having a plan, but once that plan doesn't progress the way he thought or hoped it would, he doesn't have any answers. The Steelers need to admit Tomlin is not the right guy to lead this team. I don't care how well thought of he is in the league, this team is worse off than it was when he took over. They are softer and not as tough mentally.

Steelchip
09-11-2013, 11:36 AM

I still don't get it...and if they bring back Sly, that will be the clincher ! They do this all the time, bring people off the street to fill in for injured players and ignore the people they are supposedly grooming. If Williams is Footes back-up and he is not ready to call plays then why would Wilson be any more prepared with even less time in the system ? I realize he has some experience with other teams but his forte is on the teams, that's why he was brought in. Now we see that Timmons will wear the green button and that makes me wonder how much game time Williams will get now ??

I'm not an NFL coach, I understand that but there's some stuff they do that jus don't make good sense.

flippy
09-11-2013, 11:39 AM
I still don't get it...and if they bring back Sly, that will be the clincher ! They do this all the time, bring people off the street to fill in for injured players and ignore the people they are supposedly grooming. If Williams is Footes back-up and he is not ready to call plays then why would Wilson be any more prepared with even less time in the system ? I realize he has some experience with other teams but his forte is on the teams, that's why he was brought in. Now we see that Timmons will wear the green button and that makes me wonder how much game time Williams will get now ??

I'm not an NFL coach, I understand that but there's some stuff they do that jus don't make good sense.

williams couldn't play last week cause he didn't get a hat. i'm hoping he dresses and starts this week. i thought he was the most impressive LB in camp. he's one bad dude. i think it might motivate timmy too having on of his alums lined up next to him. I think timmy likes williams and will help get him up to speed quickly.

SteelerOfDeVille
09-11-2013, 11:40 AM
Agreed - however, I would start him and take my lumps... if it was for "potential" and, you truly believe his upside is higher this year, then, within a few games, this will be a better team with him back there. Fingers crossed - I want Williams back there.

flippy
09-11-2013, 11:43 AM
Agreed - however, I would start him and take my lumps... if it was for "potential" and, you truly believe his upside is higher this year, then, within a few games, this will be a better team with him back there. Fingers crossed - I want Williams back there.

i'm with ya bro. i love me some williams.

ramblinjim
09-11-2013, 11:53 AM
Perhaps Levon Kirkland or Kendrell Bell is available for Sunday's game. Tomlin seems to be very good at having a plan, but once that plan doesn't progress the way he thought or hoped it would, he doesn't have any answers. The Steelers need to admit Tomlin is not the right guy to lead this team. I don't care how well thought of he is in the league, this team is worse off than it was when he took over. They are softer and not as tough mentally.

Instead of bringing back Levon Kirkland, let's just bring back Snack. Those men may well be the same size.

Oviedo
09-11-2013, 04:34 PM
This is a losing season. Does it really matter who they start? Jadevon Clowney would look fantastic in Black and Gold but we would never draft him because he is just a 4-3 DE and doesn't fit our scheme. We rather take a chance on a 3 year project and then not play him:rolleyes:

hawaiiansteel
09-11-2013, 04:37 PM
Jadevon Clowney would look fantastic in Black and Gold but we would never draft him because he is just a 4-3 DE and doesn't fit our scheme.

so do you think we should maybe switch to a 4-3? :stirpot

Oviedo
09-11-2013, 04:40 PM
so do you think we should maybe switch to a 4-3? :stirpot

No. Just keep things the same because the DC is comfortable with that

Sugar
09-11-2013, 05:05 PM
This is a losing season. Does it really matter who they start? Jadevon Clowney would look fantastic in Black and Gold but we would never draft him because he is just a 4-3 DE and doesn't fit our scheme. We rather take a chance on a 3 year project and then not play him:rolleyes:

I don't want Clowney, no matter what scheme the team runs.

thor75
09-11-2013, 10:47 PM
Is anyone taking Kion's place on ST if he starts at LB? I wonder how this will affect him towards the end of the game for this first one or two. I don't have a problem with starting Kion or Vince. Lets get some new blood in there and work out the kinks early in the season. Never know what you have until you do.

LordVile
09-11-2013, 11:02 PM
Is anyone taking Kion's place on ST if he starts at LB? I wonder how this will affect him towards the end of the game for this first one or two. I don't have a problem with starting Kion or Vince. Lets get some new blood in there and work out the kinks early in the season. Never know what you have until you do.

yeah, kion is starting..

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Hard-work-pays-off-for-Wilson/ca651ab6-23ef-44b7-b48e-64f764a1de6c

LB Kion Wilson is adjusting to his new role.

A year ago linebacker Kion Wilsonhttp://www.steelers.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.steelers.com/team/roster/kion-wilson/78f608de-959b-4355-8ba3-916c70b26d30/)’s life was completely different. Instead of learning a defensive game plan like he is doing now, he was looking for a way to pay the bills.

Wilson was released by the Carolina Panthers prior to the start of the 2012 season when the team got down to their 53-man roster. When his phone didn’t ring after that, when a team never called to sign him, he knew he had to do something.

“The bills kept rolling around so I had to get a job,” said Wilson, who kept working out and training to keep the football dream alive.

He talked to a friend who owned an insurance company, got certified to sell insurance, and then quickly was out in the field as an adjuster. In late October, after Hurricane Sandy hit the East Coast, he started handling some of the smaller claims, leaky roofs, lost shingles, but the devastation he saw was overwhelming.

“As I worked my way into Long Island where they were hit hard…that area was devastated,” said Wilson. “You feel sorry for the people. You wish you could help. It’s a business and you have to be fair to the people and the insurance company. It’s an eye-opener to go in there and see those things.”

Wilson will have another eye-opener this week when he starts at left inside linebacker for the Steelers when they play the Cincinnati Bengals on Monday night. Wilson is taking over for Larry Footehttp://www.steelers.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.steelers.com/team/roster/larry-foote/8bbeec8c-cae8-4d79-8c84-eb94ce439442/), who was placed on injured reserve after tearing his biceps against the Titans.

It won’t just be Wilson’s first NFL start this week. It will be the first time that he has played extensively on defense outside of coming in for Foote against Tennessee for part of the fourth quarter.

“It’s just football at the end of the day,” said Wilson. “We line up. We practice. It’s something I have been doing for years. I have to get out there, read, react and play.”

Wilson won’t have to worry about doing any of the play-calling that Foote handled as that responsibility will go to Lawrence Timmonshttp://www.steelers.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.steelers.com/team/roster/lawrence-timmons/afc86dd7-633e-4e37-a4da-5f089a96b666/) to ease the load on him. But he will be expected to play up the standard that Steelers’ linebackers are known for.

“I know I have to play to the level I am capable of,” said Wilson. “I still feel my best football is yet to come. I want to show the guys I am someone they can trust and not worry while we are out there on the field.”

Wilson entered the NFL as an undrafted rookie in 2010 with the San Diego Chargers, spending time on the practice squad at the start of the year and was placed on the active roster for a few weeks before an ankle injury ended his season. The Chargers released him prior to the start of the 2011 season, and he was signed to the Panthers practice squad about a month later. The Panthers activated him in mid-November of 2011, playing mainly on special teams. After sitting out the 2012 season he signed with the Steelers this past offseason and now he has the chance to take it to the next level.

“It’s still the childhood dream that is being achieved for me,” said Wilson. “All the emotions, excitement, but I know I have one mission to accomplish.

“I go in with the mindset of playing to the best of my ability. If I do what I know I can do to help the team it should go well.”

When he looks at where he was last year, so far things are going very well for him.

“Not many people are blessed to do what we do,” said Wilson. “Working two jobs to maintain is not fun. I know what it’s like to wake up and drive 80 miles a day not to get ahead, but just make ends meet. For me to back in this position I am truly embracing it and really excited to move forward.”