PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football Leagues?

SteelCrazy
06-30-2013, 08:07 PM
When will they be ready to join? After mini-camp?

D Rock
06-30-2013, 10:00 PM
Yahoo's leagues are up and ready, but there's no real reason to start it yet. I intend to have the draft either after game 3 or 4 of the preseason, so I'll probably start up the league and give everyone a couple weeks to join and set keepers and prepare for the draft....maybe early August I'll start it up.

Shawn
07-01-2013, 12:13 AM
I can never seem to get into these...any spots open this year?

D Rock
07-01-2013, 10:54 PM
I can never seem to get into these...any spots open this year?

I will offer it to returning players first, and any open spots will be first come first serve when I announce them. Jooser's league may have some openings

RuthlessBurgher
07-02-2013, 12:35 PM
I will offer it to returning players first, and any open spots will be first come first serve when I announce them. Jooser's league may have some openings

You'd have better luck in Jooser's league anyway. Everyone in D Rock's league is just playing to determine who will come in second after I win. ;)

Jooser
07-02-2013, 05:48 PM
I plan to have the Mountain Mama League up and running around the same time as D Rock's. Same guidelines, I'll give returning players the chance to sign up first, then fill in the empties. Looking to rebound this year after a disappointing season last year.....((SNIFF)) :D

Shawn
07-02-2013, 06:55 PM
Well, if either of you have openings I would like to play.

SteelCrazy
07-02-2013, 07:11 PM
Jooser, make sure Shawn gets an invite. You've seen his posts. How good can he be? :p

D Rock
07-03-2013, 06:52 AM
You'd have better luck in Jooser's league anyway. Everyone in D Rock's league is just playing to determine who will come in second after I win. ;)

IIRC, you won that contest plenty of times watching everyone else teach you how it is done

Chadman
07-03-2013, 07:41 PM
Who's comp do the Kangaroos of Khaos play in again? Can never remember.

regardless, looking to... 'rebound'... this season.

Should Chadman put Hernandez as my keeper from last year's roster??

Shawn
07-04-2013, 12:16 AM
Jooser, make sure Shawn gets an invite. You've seen his posts. How good can he be? :p

Trust me, not very :)

Steelgal
07-05-2013, 08:00 PM
Count me back in. It's always fun to be able to school you boys on how to play the game ;-)

AngryAsian
07-14-2013, 12:36 PM
Since my Fantasy Sumo league is about done, count me in.

RuthlessBurgher
07-16-2013, 01:11 PM
Since my Fantasy Sumo league is about done, count me in.

When my first round pick opted for gastric bypass surgery, I knew my fantasy Sumo team was going nowhere. :D

Tomlinator
07-16-2013, 06:09 PM
If we are re-upping our commitments, count me in for the Hostile Squirrels revenge tour!

eniparadoxgma
07-18-2013, 09:27 PM
I want back in. I will avenge my horrible season. It is known.

Jooser
07-20-2013, 10:23 AM
The Joose is board this morning, so I went ahead and confirmed the Mt. Mama League. Invites to last year's participants have been emailed. If you were in the league last year and did not get an invite because your email has changed, please let me know so that I can send you an invite manually. Also, I would like to lock in the league managers as quickly as possible, so if you were a manager last season and you don't want to compete this season (because you're scared or whatever), please let me know so that I can accept any other interested parties. I have not set the draft date yet, after the rosters are set, we can discuss that detail. Mods, can we sticky a fantasy football thread? Or perhaps two stickies for the 2 different leagues?

D Rock
07-20-2013, 11:50 AM
The Joose is board this morning, so I went ahead and confirmed the Mt. Mama League. Invites to last year's participants have been emailed. If you were in the league last year and did not get an invite because your email has changed, please let me know so that I can send you an invite manually. Also, I would like to lock in the league managers as quickly as possible, so if you were a manager last season and you don't want to compete this season (because you're scared or whatever), please let me know so that I can accept any other interested parties. I have not set the draft date yet, after the rosters are set, we can discuss that detail. Mods, can we sticky a fantasy football thread? Or perhaps two stickies for the 2 different leagues?

look at Commissioner Chip Kelly over here. I'm just gonna go all Chuck Noll on you, and my league WILL win the combined championship. :p

Jooser
07-20-2013, 01:59 PM
look at Commissioner Chip Kelly over here. I'm just gonna go all Chuck Noll on you, and my league WILL win the combined championship. :p

PFFFFT.... Whatev!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steelgal
07-21-2013, 10:13 AM

I think I was in your league last year, but can't remember. if so, my email changed. Please send invitation to runningmommaof3@gmail.com. thanks :)

Jooser
07-21-2013, 11:08 AM
I think I was in your league last year, but can't remember. if so, my email changed. Please send invitation to runningmommaof3@gmail.com. thanks :)

I sent your invite this morning. So far, we have 6 managers signed up already. 3 Hatfields and 3 McCoys.

Steelgal
07-21-2013, 12:06 PM
Thanks Jooser, just signed up so we have 7 now.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
07-21-2013, 12:13 PM
I'm signed up, but am I not hillbilly enough if I don't know if I'm a Hatfield or a McCoy? ;)

Jooser
07-21-2013, 02:01 PM
I'm signed up, but am I not hillbilly enough if I don't know if I'm a Hatfield or a McCoy? ;)

You're a McCoy, Kentucky side. :D

We now have 8.

Jooser
07-23-2013, 06:31 AM
I'm still waiting on 2 managers from last season, Steelz McGrillz and the Crazies.

SteelCrazy
07-26-2013, 09:08 PM
done...........#9
1 to go.....

Jooser
07-27-2013, 08:56 AM
Welcome back Crazy man.

D Rock
07-28-2013, 12:32 PM
The Planet Steelers league is up and invites have been sent to returned owners. Settings and rules will be the same as last year.

AngryAsian
07-28-2013, 12:48 PM
When's the draft?

D Rock
07-28-2013, 12:50 PM
You will have until Aug. 18 to designate your one keeper player, assigned to be drafted in the same round selected last year (UDFA is final round), with the maximum value of 5 rounds in place. So, if you got a guy in the 12th last year, and he is now Yahoo-ranked in the 3rd round, you will be assigned as selecting him in the 8th.

The draft will take place one week after Keepers are set - Sunday, Aug. 25th at 7:00 PM eastern time. The season starts Thursday, September 5th.

AngryAsian
07-28-2013, 02:30 PM
Where may we see Yahoo's player rankings (with regards to projected draft status) ?

D Rock
07-28-2013, 09:55 PM
Players > player list

It's on the top tab of the main interface

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/327466/players

we will use the 'projected' list as the one for determining keeper values

D Rock
07-28-2013, 10:02 PM
you can also go to

Draft Central > Last Season

to see where you drafted a guy last year

AngryAsian
07-29-2013, 06:35 PM
You will have until Aug. 18 to designate your one keeper player, assigned to be drafted in the same round selected last year (UDFA is final round), with the maximum value of 5 rounds in place. So, if you got a guy in the 12th last year, and he is now Yahoo-ranked in the 3rd round, you will be assigned as selecting him in the 8th.

So I drafted Andrew Luck in the 16th round last year and this year his yahoo projection is 63rd, placing him in the 7th round... so that means his maximum value figured in, if he were to be my keeper this year, I would get him in the 12th round... just trying to clarify, brother.

Also, can't remember if you said we were entitled to our keeper player from last year as well.

D Rock
07-29-2013, 08:46 PM
So I drafted Andrew Luck in the 16th round last year and this year his yahoo projection is 63rd, placing him in the 7th round... so that means his maximum value figured in, if he were to be my keeper this year, I would get him in the 12th round... just trying to clarify, brother.

Also, can't remember if you said we were entitled to our keeper player from last year as well.

your Andrew Luck math is correct. I did not intend to carry over last years keepers, but we can put that one up for discussion. We can also discuss adding more than 1 keeper player if folks want to do that.

fordfixer
07-29-2013, 10:59 PM
902He just a wants his cake and chopsticks too:-)

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
07-30-2013, 09:39 AM
Cool, so I'd get Alfred Morris as a sixth rounder...

D Rock
07-30-2013, 10:40 PM
Cool, so I'd get Alfred Morris as a sixth rounder...

that is correct. He may be the most valuable undrafted guy we see. That one is pretty impressive.

Jooser
07-31-2013, 06:43 AM
Jooser's Mt Mama League has the 10 managers from last season locked in (Steelz09 coming aboard too). I have added more manager slots for anyone interested in joining (*cough* Chadman). Also, I was wondering if anyone is interested in a Keeper this season? The draft is tentatively scheduled for Saturday, August 24th @ 9:00 pm EST. It's a live draft again and the draft order will be set randomly just prior to the live event.

-Joos

D Rock
07-31-2013, 07:33 AM
Jooser's Mt Mama League has the 10 managers from last season locked in (Steelz09 coming aboard too). I have added more manager slots for anyone interested in joining (*cough* Chadman). Also, I was wondering if anyone is interested in a Keeper this season? The draft is tentatively scheduled for Saturday, August 24th @ 9:00 pm EST. It's a live draft again and the draft order will be set randomly just prior to the live event.

-Joos

you trying to steal our Aussie???

D Rock
07-31-2013, 07:38 AM
We are waiting on Ruthless, Sheik, and Toe Jam (I can never remember who runs this team, sorry)

AngryAsian
07-31-2013, 08:26 AM
So do we pm you our keeper for this year or can we just post it here?

Chadman
07-31-2013, 10:16 AM
you trying to steal our Aussie???I don't mind playing both, but in the interest of fairness, I want to give as many people in here the chance to play, so Jooser, keep calling out for interested players (there's always one guy that wants to join 3 days after it's all settled..).But if nothing eventuates, is it bad form for me to dabble in both?

Chadman
07-31-2013, 10:17 AM
that is correct. He may be the most valuable undrafted guy we see. That one is pretty impressive.

If I select Mikel Leshoure as my keeper, as he went undrafted, is he considered a Round 8 guy? Or am I completely misunderstanding it?

Jooser
07-31-2013, 12:21 PM
So far I have no takers, but I'll keep you posted Chadman.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
07-31-2013, 02:51 PM
If I select Mikel Leshoure as my keeper, as he went undrafted, is he considered a Round 8 guy? Or am I completely misunderstanding it?

Without me looking it up, is Leshoure rated as a third rounder? If he is then yes. If anything else add 5 to the round he is projected and there it is. Unless I am misunderstanding it too... :D

D Rock
07-31-2013, 10:07 PM

LeShoure isn't projected until pick #117 right now. That's in the 12th round. Adding 5 rounds, you would get to draft LeShoure in the 17th round.

Keeper players can be selected in Yahoo. Go to

My Team > Choose Keepers

It will let you select as many as you want, but please just choose one. If any team selects more than one player, they will be assigned their highest projected player as the keeper. Any team not selecting a keeper in Yahoo is S.O.L.

Chadman
08-01-2013, 12:06 AM
LeShoure isn't projected until pick #117 right now. That's in the 12th round. Adding 5 rounds, you would get to draft LeShoure in the 17th round.

Keeper players can be selected in Yahoo. Go to

My Team > Choose Keepers

It will let you select as many as you want, but please just choose one. If any team selects more than one player, they will be assigned their highest projected player as the keeper. Any team not selecting a keeper in Yahoo is S.O.L.

17th Round. Hmm.... that suddenly sounds like good value...

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
08-01-2013, 09:55 AM
17th Round. Hmm.... that suddenly sounds like good value...

It is!! the kid has 16th round talent. :D

Iron Shiek
08-01-2013, 09:55 AM
I haven't accepted the invite yet, but I'll be playing.

RuthlessBurgher
08-01-2013, 01:16 PM
We are waiting on Ruthless, Sheik, and Toe Jam (I can never remember who runs this team, sorry)

Sorry about that...I'll have the check my email when I get home tonight then log in (unless you get this before then and PM me the ID and password for this year's league).

RuthlessBurgher
08-01-2013, 07:38 PM
Okay, I'm signed in and ready to roll.

My team name has been changed to Sharknado Thomas, because that's simply an awesome freaking name (it was either that or Le'Veon Bellcow, and since sharks with tornadoes are more intimidating than cows with bells...).

For my keeper, I will be using a 5th round pick to retain Doug Martin.

Which means, the remainder of my awesome roster from last year will be up for grabs. Check out this awesome talent I'm throwing back for you losers...

Arian Foster

Steven Jackson

Dez Bryant

Maurice Jones-Drew

Drew Brees

Danny Amendola

Hakeem Nicks

Tony Romo

Greg Jennings

DeAngelo Williams

Jonathan Stewart

Brandon Myers

Brandon Lloyd

Matt Bryant

New England DEF

Patrick Peterson

Jerod Mayo

Cameron Wake

Luke Kuechly

How does one fantasy GM manage to stockpile that much talent on one team, you ask?

It's simple, really. I rule, and you don't. Deal with it, suckas!!!

D Rock
08-01-2013, 08:44 PM
Okay, I'm signed in and ready to roll.

My team name has been changed to Sharknado Thomas, because that's simply an awesome freaking name (it was either that or Le'Veon Bellcow, and since sharks with tornadoes are more intimidating than cows with bells...).

For my keeper, I will be using a 5th round pick to retain Doug Martin.

Which means, the remainder of my awesome roster from last year will be up for grabs. Check out this awesome talent I'm throwing back for you losers...

Arian Foster

Steven Jackson

Dez Bryant

Maurice Jones-Drew

Drew Brees

Danny Amendola

Hakeem Nicks

Tony Romo

Greg Jennings

DeAngelo Williams

Jonathan Stewart

Brandon Myers

Brandon Lloyd

Matt Bryant

New England DEF

Patrick Peterson

Jerod Mayo

Cameron Wake

Luke Kuechly

How does one fantasy GM manage to stockpile that much talent on one team, you ask?

It's simple, really. I rule, and you don't. Deal with it, suckas!!!

So when I keep AP with a second rounder, and get the first overall pick, then I will have Arian Foster and AP with pick 2.10??? Yeah, I'll take that.

Iron Shiek
08-02-2013, 05:03 PM
I don't know ruthless, just in qbs I can hang with you. Stafford, Russell Wilson and Kaepernick are quite a trio. But you are right, you've got 8 in the top 50, I didn't look at everyone else, but that has gotta be near the top. But if you expand to top 60, you remain at 8, but I've got 10.

wilson has to represent the best value of keepers. He went undrafted but finished #16 last year and projected #46 this year. I think he'll be better than that, so Wilson is my keeper.

eniparadoxgma
08-02-2013, 10:24 PM
So if I decide to keep Megatron he'll still be taken in the 2nd round?

He was 2nd round, 7th pick last year.

Chadman
08-03-2013, 06:13 AM
Funny how when you look back on last season, Chadman's side was God-awful. At the time, can remember feeling like it was ok..

Now the real question comes up about the keeper player- do you take the best player on your roster, or the best value?

For example, Eli is clearly the best QB on the Kangaroo's roster, but would cost a 2nd round pick, while Carson Palmer went undrafted and is now the starting QB in an Arians run offense....

D Rock
08-03-2013, 09:04 AM
So if I decide to keep Megatron he'll still be taken in the 2nd round?

He was 2nd round, 7th pick last year.

that's right

D Rock
08-03-2013, 09:08 AM
Funny how when you look back on last season, Chadman's side was God-awful. At the time, can remember feeling like it was ok..

Now the real question comes up about the keeper player- do you take the best player on your roster, or the best value?

For example, Eli is clearly the best QB on the Kangaroo's roster, but would cost a 2nd round pick, while Carson Palmer went undrafted and is now the starting QB in an Arians run offense....

IMO, you've gotta keep LeShoure, with Mike Williams the only other option.

D Rock
08-03-2013, 09:14 AM
Golden Tate is a value in the 15th as well

RuthlessBurgher
08-03-2013, 03:36 PM
IMO, you've gotta keep LeShoure, with Mike Williams the only other option.

I have to disagree. Not that I want to help Chadman or anything, but if I were him, the best value for him would have to be the Seattle Defense (plug and play every week without ever worrying about it except for their bye week), and the only other option for me would be Dwayne Bowe (always solid production, but may truly blossom as a top notch WR now that he finally has a competant QB to throw him the ball).

eniparadoxgma
08-04-2013, 09:05 PM
So will it be 10 or 12 people, D Rock?

D Rock
08-04-2013, 09:26 PM
So will it be 10 or 12 people, D Rock?

we've got 10, same as last year. I'll expand to 12 if we have folks who want it and everyone in the league is okay with it.

eniparadoxgma
08-05-2013, 12:03 AM
Cool. I have decided to keep:

http://i.imgur.com/T7RlXqo.jpg

RuthlessBurgher
08-05-2013, 01:34 PM
we've got 10, same as last year. I'll expand to 12 if we have folks who want it and everyone in the league is okay with it.

The new folks wouldn't have any keepers, and increasing the teams would also mess with keeper values (for example, picks #11 and #12 are 2nd round picks in our current format, but would be 1st round picks if we had 12 teams).

D Rock
08-05-2013, 10:24 PM
The new folks wouldn't have any keepers, and increasing the teams would also mess with keeper values (for example, picks #11 and #12 are 2nd round picks in our current format, but would be 1st round picks if we had 12 teams).

I'm personally not for it, but I'm a commissioner of the people and for the people. I'll do what is desired by the league. I think the competition is better with 10 than 12 though, especially as injuries start to pile up.

eniparadoxgma
08-06-2013, 01:57 PM
I was only asking because I saw where the league had to be changed from 12 to 10 and I couldn't remember how many we had last year. I'm all for staying at 10.

AngryAsian
08-06-2013, 10:24 PM
Chaulk me up for Andrew Luck in the 12th round.... great value!

Chadman
08-06-2013, 11:53 PM
In what seems a sad indictment of how the Kangaroo's performed last season, Chadman has decided that, yes, his 'keeper' will be.....

The Seattle Seahawks Defence.

steelz09
08-07-2013, 11:24 AM
Is it possible to view the teams from last year? (in Jooser's league)?

If so, can someone tell me the username associated to the team: Steelz McGrillz

That is my team and I'm trying to join the league this year but I think yahoo might have disabled my account due to inactivity. Is steelz09 the username associated to the Steelz McGrillz team?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John

Jooser
08-07-2013, 12:24 PM
John, I tried to send an email invite to the yahoo account you had last year and it comes back undeliverable, so yes it appears the account has been deactivated. Create a new one and PM me your new email address and I'll re-send the invite. You're the last one remaining to join and the league will be set. We have two new managers this year, Shawn and NorCalSteel.

Also, I made some scoring adjustments this year to include some bonuses for passing and rushing yards and things like this. Also, we'll be going with TEAM defenses this season instead of individual players. Any of the settings are changeable if the majority of folks want to to change them (you can review the settings on the league page). Also, the LIVE DRAFT is set for Saturday, AUG 24th, @ 9:00 pm EST. This also can be changed, but I'd like to have feedback early as the available slots will start to fill up. Thanks everyone.

-Joos

D Rock
08-07-2013, 09:43 PM
John, I tried to send an email invite to the yahoo account you had last year and it comes back undeliverable, so yes it appears the account has been deactivated. Create a new one and PM me your new email address and I'll re-send the invite. You're the last one remaining to join and the league will be set. We have two new managers this year, Shawn and NorCalSteel.

Also, I made some scoring adjustments this year to include some bonuses for passing and rushing yards and things like this. Also, we'll be going with TEAM defenses this season instead of individual players. Any of the settings are changeable if the majority of folks want to to change them (you can review the settings on the league page). Also, the LIVE DRAFT is set for Saturday, AUG 24th, @ 9:00 pm EST. This also can be changed, but I'd like to have feedback early as the available slots will start to fill up. Thanks everyone.

-Joos

Our leagues are starting to develop individual personalities now. I like it. It's exciting.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
08-08-2013, 12:12 PM
Also, we'll be going with TEAM defenses this season instead of individual players.

I like it!! Individual players is a pain because yahoo doesn't rank them correctly so you have to go searching individually for them.

Jooser
08-08-2013, 12:15 PM
I like it!! Individual players is a pain because yahoo doesn't rank them correctly so you have to go searching individually for them.

Exactly, one really big reason I chose to go team this year.

D Rock
08-08-2013, 12:26 PM

Sorry SFTO, that's the other league. Ours will continue to use IDP roster spots.

If you filter and sort D players by projected 2013 full season stats, you can easily get the "yahoo rank" of the player even if they don't outright do it.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
08-08-2013, 12:33 PM
Exactly, one really big reason I chose to go team this year.

I find it takes longer to rank D players than the O players, and that is for 4 spots that might account for around 25 points a week combined.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
08-08-2013, 12:34 PM
Sorry SFTO, that's the other league. Ours will continue to use IDP roster spots.

If you filter and sort D players by projected 2013 full season stats, you can easily get the "yahoo rank" of the player even if they don't outright do it.

I know, and I'll do both. Just my preference. BTW I'm thinking either JJ Watt or AP first overall, what do you think? ;)

RuthlessBurgher
08-08-2013, 04:12 PM
I know, and I'll do both. Just my preference. BTW I'm thinking either JJ Watt or AP first overall, what do you think? ;)

I'd go Watt (if I were you, of course). :p

steelz09
08-10-2013, 10:41 AM
Thanks Jooser for sending out the new invite.

Do you guys want me to sticky this thread or create a new fantasy football thread?

D Rock
08-10-2013, 11:18 AM
Thanks Jooser for sending out the new invite.

Do you guys want me to sticky this thread or create a new fantasy football thread?

Either is fine, we can maybe start a new thread when the real season is here and let this one die at that point

Iron Shiek
08-13-2013, 11:27 AM
Were we good with posting our keeper on here D ROCK? Or is there an additional step?

RuthlessBurgher
08-13-2013, 01:48 PM
Were we good with posting our keeper on here D ROCK? Or is there an additional step?

Under the "My Team" tab, there is an option to "Choose Keepers." It has to be done before Sunday, though.

eniparadoxgma
08-16-2013, 02:17 AM
How we doing on our 10th, D Rock?

D Rock
08-17-2013, 10:03 AM
Yes, you must select your keeper within yahoo for me to process it, and that must be done by Midnight tonight, pacific time (3 AM eastern, if you care to be up that late). The draft is 4 PM next Sunday, pacific time - not sure why it reports in pacific time, but 7 PM for all of us eastern folks.

as far as the 10th, I have not heard from Toe Jam Football. I am going to open that spot to the public as of right now.

THE PLANET STEELERS LEAGUE HAS ONE SPOT AVAILABLE TO BE FILLED IMMEDIATELY. YOU WILL RECIEVE TOE JAM'S OLD TEAM AND BE ABLE TO SELECT A KEEPER FROM THEIR ROSTER.

7 UP
08-17-2013, 12:29 PM
Ill take it D Rock. Works perfect. I was looking for a second league to be in this year.

D Rock
08-18-2013, 08:06 AM
Keepers are set (except 7 UP right now) and the draft order has been randomized on Random.org. Initial ordering of the names in the list to be randomized was done by finish position in last year's league. I have a screen shot of both that and the randomized draft order for verification. I will not post it here or set it within the league until I have 7 UP's keeper selection to keep things fair.

Chadman
08-18-2013, 10:26 AM
4pm Pacific Time next Sunday (for you) makes it.... 9AM Monday for the Kangaroos. See? We are already a step ahead of you...

D Rock
08-18-2013, 12:18 PM
All keepers are assigned and draft order is determined and set on the Yahoo page.

1. Underachievers - I swear it is legit, see the attached images.
2. Hostile Squirrels
3. Psycho Ward
4. AngryFugginAsians!!!
5. The Doodie Balls
6. Steeler Fan in T.O.
7. Kangaroos of Khaos
8. Landry St. Dixons
9. Sharknado Thomas
10. Iron Shieks

draft order will be snaking style

first image is team names put in by finishing position last year, second image is the randomized order

RuthlessBurgher
08-19-2013, 01:54 PM
Thanks for letting us know in advance where we will be drafting (even if the 9th spot is not my favorite spot, by any means). I loved having a late first round pick last year (because I gave up my top pick to keep Arian Foster back then, so that gave me the highest possible initial pick in round 2), but this year, I really wanted to be in the top half of the first round. Oh well. You scrubs are going down anyway.

I see that we have 3 QB keepers (P. Manning, R. Wilson, A. Luck), 5 RB keepers (A. Peterson, D. Martin, M. Lynch, C.J. Spiller, A. Morris), 1 WR keeper (C. Johnson), and 1 DST keeper (Seattle).

It doesn't look like anyone sacrificed a first rounder for their keeper, either.

Landry St. Dixon (Beast Mode), Doodie Balls (Megatron), and Underachievers (All Day) all sacrificed a 2nd round pick.

Sharknado (Muscle Hamster) sacrificed a 5th round pick.

Steeler Fan in T.O. (Morris) and Hostile Squirrels (Spiller) sacrificed a 6th round pick.

Psycho Ward (Peyton) sacrificed a 9th round pick.

Iron Shieks (Wilson) sacrificed a 10th round pick.

AngryFugginAsians (Luck) sacrificed a 12th round pick.

Kangaroos of Khaos (Seattle) sacrificed a 19th round pick.

Apparently, the higher the pick used, the greater likelihood of a nickname.

D Rock
08-19-2013, 07:38 PM
Thanks for letting us know in advance where we will be drafting (even if the 9th spot is not my favorite spot, by any means). I loved having a late first round pick last year (because I gave up my top pick to keep Arian Foster back then, so that gave me the highest possible initial pick in round 2), but this year, I really wanted to be in the top half of the first round. Oh well. You scrubs are going down anyway.

I see that we have 3 QB keepers (P. Manning, R. Wilson, A. Luck), 5 RB keepers (A. Peterson, D. Martin, M. Lynch, C.J. Spiller, A. Morris), 1 WR keeper (C. Johnson), and 1 DST keeper (Seattle).

It doesn't look like anyone sacrificed a first rounder for their keeper, either.

Landry St. Dixon (Beast Mode), Doodie Balls (Megatron), and Underachievers (All Day) all sacrificed a 2nd round pick.

Sharknado (Muscle Hamster) sacrificed a 5th round pick.

Steeler Fan in T.O. (Morris) and Hostile Squirrels (Spiller) sacrificed a 6th round pick.

Psycho Ward (Peyton) sacrificed a 9th round pick.

Iron Shieks (Wilson) sacrificed a 10th round pick.

AngryFugginAsians (Luck) sacrificed a 12th round pick.

Kangaroos of Khaos (Seattle) sacrificed a 19th round pick.

Apparently, the higher the pick used, the greater likelihood of a nickname.

to go a step further with the Keeper analysis...

AP, Lynch, and CJ were all 1 round values (1st round rankings, taken in the 2nd)

Doug Martin was a 4 round value ( 1st round ranking, taken in the 5th)

Seattle D and Manning were both 5 round values without adjustment (14th in the 19th, and 4th in the 9th)

Luck (7th in the 12th, originally 16th), Morris (1st in the 6th, originally undrafted), Spiller (1st in the 6th, originally 10th), and Wilson (5th in the 10th, originally undrafted) were all 5 round values after max value adjustment

That means that 6 projected first rounders are tagged as keepers, and none with 1st rounders given up to get them. The remaining 1st round projected players this year are:

Arian Foster (2), Jamaal Charles (4), LeSean McCoy (7), and Ray Rice (9)

D Rock
08-19-2013, 07:48 PM
Last years 1st rounders, none of which are keepers this year:

1.1 Aaron Rodgers
1.2 Chris Johnson
1.3 Ray Rice
1.4 Ryan Mathews
1.5 Andre Johnson
1.6 LeSean McCoy (keeper)
1.7 Drew Brees
1.8 Maurice Jones Drew
1.9 Matt Stafford
1.10 Arian Foster (keeper)

That looks weird, but consider that keepers affected that and pushed some guys into the 1st round

Other keeper picks were:

2nd: Matt Forte, Calvin Johnson
3rd: Tom Brady
6th: Wes Welker
7th: Cam Newton, Jimmy Graham
8th: Julio Jones
9th: Jordy Nelson

Calvin Johnson is the only carry-over keeper player. It appears that maybe only CJ, Forte, and Cam Newton had a chance to be 1st rounders last year.
AP, Jamaal Charles, Marshawn Lynch are the guys who were fringe 1st rounders and made their way inside the top 10 rankings this year.
Doug Martin, Alfred Morris, and CJ Spiller were the big surprise guys who became this years 1st rounders

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/archive/nfl/2012/226578/draftresults

eniparadoxgma
08-21-2013, 01:25 PM
Trying to remember how the teams are set up:

QB
RB
RB
WR
WR
RB/WR
TE
K
DEF
CB
DL
LB
D

Plus how many bench? 7?

On edit: And to make sure I have the draft order right, this look right for the first 2 rounds?

1. Underachievers
2. Hostile Squirrels
3. Psycho Ward
4. AngryFugginAsians!!!
5. The Doodie Balls
6. Steeler Fan in T.O.
7. Kangaroos of Khaos
8. Landry St. Dixons
9. Sharknado Thomas
10. Iron Shieks
11. Iron Shieks
12. Sharknado Thomas
13. -------------(Marshawn Lynch)
14. Kangaroos of Khaos
15. Steeler Fan in T.O.
16. --------------(Megatron)
17. AngryFugginAsians
18. Psycho Ward
19. Hostile Squirrels
20.----------------(Adrian Peterson)

RuthlessBurgher
08-21-2013, 01:35 PM
Trying to remember how the teams are set up:

QB
RB
RB
WR
WR
RB/WR
TE
K
DEF
CB
DL
LB
D

Plus how many bench? 7?

Yeah, 7 bench spots (20 rounds total). Your defensive back doesn't need to be a corner...it could be a safety.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/327466/settings

eniparadoxgma
08-21-2013, 02:00 PM
Cool. Thanks. I was just going by Yahoo's categories. They lump both safeties and corners under CB.

The draft order look right?

RuthlessBurgher
08-21-2013, 02:20 PM
Cool. Thanks. I was just going by Yahoo's categories. They lump both safeties and corners under CB.

The draft order look right?

You got a better draft spot than me (you're drafting 5th, I'm drafting 9th).

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/327466/draftresults

eniparadoxgma
08-21-2013, 10:04 PM
You got a better draft spot than me (you're drafting 5th, I'm drafting 9th).

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/327466/draftresults

That's because I'm awesome and because you smell funny. :)

But thanks for that link. I hadn't seen it.

Iron Shiek
08-24-2013, 08:40 AM
Why didnt anyone keep Kordell Stewart?
hope he falls to #10

Jooser
08-24-2013, 09:22 AM
Hey everyone in Jooser's Mt Mama League, I have changed the draft date to NEXT Saturday, August 31st, @ 9:00 pm EST. Sorry for any inconvenience, but with the number of injuries this preseason, I thought it may be wise to wait another week before we draft. Thanks.

-Joos

D Rock
08-24-2013, 04:08 PM
Hey everyone in Jooser's Mt Mama League, I have changed the draft date to NEXT Saturday, August 31st, @ 9:00 pm EST. Sorry for any inconvenience, but with the number of injuries this preseason, I thought it may be wise to wait another week before we draft. Thanks.

-Joos

yeah I waited until after most of the week 3 games are played...hopefully no one significant goes down in the meaningless week 4.

eniparadoxgma
08-25-2013, 08:47 PM
Good draft. Sorry I have the winning team this year. :tt2:tt2:tt2

D Rock
08-25-2013, 08:50 PM
Good draft. Sorry I have the winning team this year. :tt2:tt2:tt2

funny...I'm the one who got the A+ draft grade rating, while no one else even got an A.

fordfixer
08-25-2013, 09:19 PM
Looks like you over achieved :-)

eniparadoxgma
08-25-2013, 09:31 PM
funny...I'm the one who got the A+ draft grade rating, while no one else even got an A.

Just saw that. I realize I reached with McFadden but I have a feeling he'll be a monster this year. Of course I could be wrong, but how likely is that? :)

Other than that, I think I did well at my draft position. I'm still projected to finish 3rd in the league even with the McFadden reach.

However, I don't put much stock into these types of grades/projections. We'll see once the season starts and I leave a trail of vanquished foes in my wake. Go team Doodie Balls!!1

D Rock
08-25-2013, 09:38 PM

nah, that was just par for the course...achieving if you will.

there is still plenty of time for this group to underachieve....much like last year

Chadman
08-25-2013, 11:16 PM
Meh... Chadman was all over the place with his picks.

Thought we scored well when Rodgers fell to us in the 1st- always planned on going QB in the 1st. Then was happy to see Carson Palmer survive until late- he was almost the Keeper player, so to basically score 2 keepers for low round picks is a bonus.

RB...kind of got 'stuck' with Chris Johnson. It was one of those "do we or don't we?" type picks. Who knows- he might blow it up this year. Frank Gore was 'safe'. Sproles- Chadman had decided early that Sproles was one that he wanted because he's a duel threat. Might have been able to grab him a round later though. Ivory is the starter at the Jets, so he was valuable. Woodhead.... wanted another runner/reciever type & he looked best of the remaining at that point. Boom or bust position..

At WR, Reggie Wayne is always good value, and Luck with a year of experience under his belt might make Wayne even better value. Mike Wallace...can't defend him to the hilt in here & then not pick him...Mike Williams & Cecil Shorts are safe fallback options. DeAndre Hopkins was too good to pass up late. Could be a few points in there.

Got in on the bum-end of the TE selections but ended up with Owen Daniels & Jermaine Gresham, both who, if matched up well, are more than handy.

The Defense was good- happy with Seattle, Timmons, Geno Atkins, Dumervil & Weddle. Might be the best unit for the Kangaroos.

At K, went with Janikowski because......well, recognised his name...

Think this is a better team than last season's- but good enough? Might be Aaron Rodgers vs all you lot..

D Rock
08-26-2013, 07:17 AM
From a guy who has had Sproles the last few years....you're going to be very happy you took him. He is a solid and steady contributor, and the Saints feed him a ton in the red zone passing game.

steelz09
09-03-2013, 04:27 PM

I got an A. You all are done for.

D Rock
09-09-2013, 11:25 PM
nah, that was just par for the course...achieving if you will.

there is still plenty of time for this group to underachieve....much like last year

I'm very likely to lose with what will be the 6th highest score in the past 4 seasons.

Looks like the Underachievers are right back to their old tricks!

DrCalculus
09-10-2013, 05:42 PM
Well at least you made it close, D Rock. Good game. I thought Foster was going to blow it for me.

D Rock
09-12-2013, 06:58 PM
well at least you made it close, d rock. Good game. I thought foster was going to blow it for me.

stat corrections!!!!!!

I beat peyton manning. Woooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chadman
09-12-2013, 07:22 PM
Good to see the Kangaroos maintained last season's form. Consistancy is a good thing, right?

AngryAsian
09-13-2013, 05:53 PM
Last week the the Asian Hibatchi was serving up Shieks-a-Bob.... this week Shark-B-Que. Yum Yum.:Boobs

fordfixer
09-13-2013, 08:16 PM
Last week the the Asian Hibatchi was serving up Shieks-a-Bob.... this week Shark-B-Que. Yum Yum.:Boobs
You must of run out of cat:p

RuthlessBurgher
09-15-2013, 12:59 PM

Hopefully our real-life Steelers are able to serve up some kitty filets tomorrow night. :tt2

eniparadoxgma
09-15-2013, 06:41 PM
Going to be a barn burner, D Rock. :cool:

Chadman
09-15-2013, 07:02 PM
Good grief... the Kangaroos are winning...

D Rock
09-16-2013, 10:33 PM
Going to be a barn burner, D Rock. :cool:

nice game Doodie head.

I'm getting really sick of kicking ass an losing. Will stat corrections bail me out again?!?!

RuthlessBurgher
09-17-2013, 01:10 PM
I was hoping for stat corrections to save my butt in my other fantasy league (the one with actual $ on the line) last week. I had the Steeler D/ST, and sacks are worth 1 point. The Steelers were credited for 1 sack against the Titans by LaMarr Woodley. I was waiting for them to credit Troy a sack too for when he burst through the line at the snap of the ball and tackled Jake Locker for a 3 yard loss. I lost last week by 0.8. If that play is a sack (I see no reason why it shouldn't be), then I would have won by 0.2 instead. Anyone have any idea why that isn't a sack?

D Rock
09-17-2013, 05:43 PM
I was hoping for stat corrections to save my butt in my other fantasy league (the one with actual $ on the line) last week. I had the Steeler D/ST, and sacks are worth 1 point. The Steelers were credited for 1 sack against the Titans by LaMarr Woodley. I was waiting for them to credit Troy a sack too for when he burst through the line at the snap of the ball and tackled Jake Locker for a 3 yard loss. I lost last week by 0.8. If that play is a sack (I see no reason why it shouldn't be), then I would have won by 0.2 instead. Anyone have any idea why that isn't a sack?

I guess they couldn't establish that it was a passing play, so it probably went down as a rush for negative yards.

Iron Shiek
09-18-2013, 08:03 AM
Man i gotta make a turnaround. My team isn't terrible, but the results are. I feel like the Steelers. I'll blame it on my line and OC.

D Rock
09-19-2013, 07:57 AM
nice game Doodie head.

I'm getting really sick of kicking ass an losing. Will stat corrections bail me out again?!?!

DANG! I almost got it again. They added 11 rush yards to Vick, but I still fell just short.

eniparadoxgma
09-19-2013, 07:30 PM
DANG! I almost got it again. They added 11 rush yards to Vick, but I still fell just short.

Whoa. That was scary. If you'd won I would've started calling it Statgate and started a full scale investigation. :)

AngryAsian
09-21-2013, 08:28 AM

LMAO! I'm Filipino.... its dog.... get it right. Lol

fordfixer
09-21-2013, 04:46 PM
LMAO! I'm Filipino.... its dog.... get it right. LolOops my fault I'll try to do better in the future:oops:

eniparadoxgma
09-30-2013, 06:15 AM
Good match, Sharknado. At least I made it a game.

RuthlessBurgher
09-30-2013, 01:06 PM
Good match, Sharknado. At least I made it a game.

Just think, in the entirity of all human existence, you are likely the first person ever to type the sentence "Good match, Sharknado." So you've got that going for you. Which is nice. :p

D Rock
10-09-2013, 09:06 PM
Julio is done for the year. I'm already 1-4. I'm sunk. How does this keep happening?!?!

I am STILL the league's 2nd highest scoring team, and my only win was a stat correction miracle in a shootout barnburner.

I feel cursed.

D Rock
10-13-2013, 01:42 PM
Julio is done for the year. I'm already 1-4. I'm sunk. How does this keep happening?!?!

I am STILL the league's 2nd highest scoring team, and my only win was a stat correction miracle in a shootout barnburner.

I feel cursed.

yep, cursed.

James Jones injured in the first quarter.

Chadman
10-23-2013, 06:43 PM
Just struck a trade deal with the Shiek to send the underperforming Chris Johnson away for Jeff Gordon. After losing Reggie Wayne for the season, depth at WR was required...

It's the beginning of a Steelers-like comeback for the Kangaroos..

Iron Shiek
10-23-2013, 07:40 PM
I'm glad I was able to trade a NASCAR driver for an NFL running back. I didn't even know he was on my team!!!

good trade for both of us. I'm okay at rb, but was hoping to buy low on CJ. And I'm not sure Gordon can do any better than what he's done with those awful qbs throwing to him.

D Rock
11-03-2013, 11:05 PM
seriously....

COME ON!

RuthlessBurgher
11-03-2013, 11:39 PM
seriously....

COME ON!

Just think, if I didn't replace Chris Ivory in my starting lineup with Ben Tate this morning, I'd be up about 50 points now with around 185 points. But yeah, your team is pretty much cursed, considering that you would have pretty much blown away everyone but me and Shieky. Odd stuff.

D Rock
11-05-2013, 09:54 AM
Just think, if I didn't replace Chris Ivory in my starting lineup with Ben Tate this morning, I'd be up about 50 points now with around 185 points. But yeah, your team is pretty much cursed, considering that you would have pretty much blown away everyone but me and Shieky. Odd stuff.

If they played the same schedule as The Underachievers, Sharknado Thomas would be 3-5.

That about says it all. Even the 8-1 team would suck against my schedule.

D Rock
11-05-2013, 09:56 AM
and this....

Four of the seven losses for The Underachievers this season have come when their opponent had their highest-scoring week of the season.

Iron Shiek
11-05-2013, 11:00 AM
That's bad ju-ju

eniparadoxgma
12-08-2013, 02:00 PM
I don't think there's anyone you could have offered me to give up Megatron, Ruthless. All of my trade requests have been shot down this year and I've shot down the one I received. But I'm in the playoffs for what I think is the first time so WOO HOO! Go Team Doodie Balls!

eniparadoxgma
12-11-2013, 09:31 PM
From the only two games this week, the biggest difference in scores was 2.95. I'm in the playoffs for the first time and just won by 1.48 points. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Ahem, anyone else enjoying the FF? (stay quiet Mr. 180-point-game-Ruthless, you don't count)

Iron Shiek
12-12-2013, 09:32 AM
My secret weapon Nick Foles will be unleashed this week. Prepare for doom Ruthless.

RuthlessBurgher
12-13-2013, 01:10 PM
My secret weapon Nick Foles will be unleashed this week. Prepare for doom Ruthless.

I'm actually quite happy that you are using your secret weapon Foles, because in my other league (where we all put 100 jellybeans in the pot before the season), Russell Wilson is my QB, so I will be rooting for Russell to do well this weekend...glad he has a seat squarely on your bench.

I will be rooting against my own Shady McCoy, however, because my opponent has him in our jellybean league. Bragging rights on this board are nice, but a win in my other league moves me from winning 125 jellybeans to winning 250 jellybeans, with the ultimate goal of 400 jellybeans still in sight.

Iron Shiek
12-13-2013, 02:01 PM
Ruthless i'm in the same position as you are, but every week! I play in 3 different leagues for jelly beans with 3 different groups of friends...and there is always some cross pollenation of rooting for AND against the same player. Its comical sometimes. But I just lay there and let it happen (and hope for the best!).

7 UP
12-15-2013, 05:17 AM
Ahem, anyone else enjoying the FF? (stay quiet Mr. 180-point-game-Ruthless, you don't count)

Enjoyed FF also while it lasted. I made it to the playoffs. Not bad for a team dubbed by yahoo as having the second worst draft. LOL. Cant wait till next year.

RuthlessBurgher
12-17-2013, 01:28 PM
Hats off, Shieky. 193.94 in the playoffs...nicely done. If I had lost because my team was crap, then I might be upset, but when you face off against someone who is essentially a TD away from 200 pts., you just gotta show respect.

Every one of your regular starters was comfortably in double digits (your average non-IDP players score was over 19 points), and you had 7 guys who outscored my best guy. That's all around impressive!

I'll have to console myself that I made it to the championship in my jellybean league on the back of Jamaal Charles' 51.5 points, which I certainly needed after getting 2.1 from Shane Vereen, 2.4 from Dwayne Bowe, 2.5 from Jimmy Graham, 2.6 from Andre Brown, and 4.2 from Eric Decker...I thought I was dead in the water until Charles went nuts during that late afternoon slate (never thought a RB could pull off a game like that despite only getting 8 carries for 20 yards in the game!). Although getting 23 points from the Ravens kicker last night gave me even more of a cushion...he was one cross-pollination player that I overlooked when posting last week. My initial investment of 100 jellybeans has now improved to 250 jellybeans, with one more matchup with 400 jellybeans on the line! Woo hoo!

Iron Shiek
12-17-2013, 01:51 PM
Thanks Ruthless. My team finally stepped up, i had to be in the middle of the pack when it comes to average weekly score. The guys came together at the right time! One more to go! DoodieBalls has good wide receivers, but he's gotta be the only person in America with Ryan Tannehill as a quarterback on a championship game team.

Fortunately for me in one of my jelly bean leagues (at work), I made a deal to split the championship winnings prior to the week starting. I typically am against that...but the guy that set the league up made it $300 for first and $50 for second (after a $50 entry fee). Me and the other guy in the final thought it prudent to simply split it. Worked out for me as I got smoked by jamal charles.

RuthlessBurgher
12-17-2013, 02:37 PM
The Tannehill one is interesting, but I may have one better. I have Russell Wilson as my QB, and he is facing a tough Cardinal defense (although they are the top ranked rush defense in the NFL, they are only a middle of the road pass defense and recently lost the Honey Badger to injury). My backup is Kirk Cousins, who facing the PATHETIC Dallas pass defense. I am actually giving legit consideration to starting Cousins in the championship...the Dallas pass defense is just THAT BAD (ask Matt Flynn).

Iron Shiek
12-17-2013, 03:41 PM
Well I don't blame you. Cousins has that "late in the season Fantasy Stud out of nowhere" potential, as evidenced by a performance last year and then last week. Plus, Dallas defense is terrible. I never bench my studs, but that one would make me think for a bit. Tough call.

D Rock
12-17-2013, 07:44 PM
play Cousins

eniparadoxgma
12-17-2013, 09:54 PM
Holy flippin jamcakes on a bobcat I'm in the championship game! WOOOO!!!

I would like to give my respects to Steeler Fan in T.O. as he was my opponent this past week. While it wasn't close close it was definitely a more entertaining match up than Mr. 190 points Sheik/Ruthless here.

Thanks Ruthless. My team finally stepped up, i had to be in the middle of the pack when it comes to average weekly score. The guys came together at the right time! One more to go! DoodieBalls has good wide receivers, but he's gotta be the only person in America with Ryan Tannehill as a quarterback on a championship game team.

I somehow stuck with RGIII all year, even though he's been pretty sucky, and when I heard he was benched I picked up Tannehill. Not sure if I'll stay with him or not (vs Buffalo). My WRs, my stable of Raiders RBs (lol), and some lucky pick ups have somehow kept me afloat. Regardless, I'm looking forward to our match up. Just don't drop another 190 pointer this week. :tt2

eniparadoxgma
12-23-2013, 01:36 AM
Although I'll probably lose, been a good game Shiek.

Iron Shiek
12-23-2013, 09:08 AM
Just like the Steelers...there's still a chance! I'm down 100.73 to 106.46 and I still have Vernon Davis and Navorro Bowman. Getting -1 each from my K (Tucker) and Def (KC) was not very helpful...they've been solid all year. Its not over, but the odds are in my favor based on the projections (Davis +8, Bowman +6).

Good matchup so far!

SteelCrazy
12-23-2013, 04:12 PM
I would like to announce that in the Jooser Mt. Mama League, myself and Wicked Pixies are battling it out in the championship game.

As it stands right now, the score is The Crazies (me) 167.52 to WP's 85.10. I'm out of players, but WP has 2 players remaining in C. Kaepernick and F. Gore. He only needs 85.42 points combined from the 2 to overtake me.

Good Luck WP!

eniparadoxgma
12-24-2013, 01:35 AM
Well, congrats to Iron Shiek! What a strange ending. Vernon Davis got no points...but Navarro Bowman returns an INT for 92 yards and gets 17 points? An LB got ya 17 to win it? Crazy crazy crazy. Good game man, and congrats! :Cheers

Iron Shiek
12-24-2013, 09:10 AM
Holy crap...who woulda thought. That play towards the end of the game bailed me out! How does Vernon Davis get 0 points? That was a crazy swing. Nice game.

I'm going to Disney World.

RuthlessBurgher
12-24-2013, 04:34 PM
Congrats, Shieky!

In my matchup, was down 11 points going into MNF and had Crabtree going. Five catches for 102 yards got me 10.2 points, so I lost by less than a single point...0.8. Oof. That all-run, no-pass TD drive killed me, because I knew that the Niners would not need to throw again. However, miraculously, when the Falcons scored and then recovered the onside kick already in FG range with 2 minutes to go, hope came rushing back, because a quick TD would mean that SF would have to throw since they would be down 4, and a FG would mean OT, which was a light at the end of the tunnel, since I would only need 9 more yards from Crabtree in the extra frame to take the title. And then your Bowman pick 6 happens, ruining everything for me...even my wife and daughter were glued to the end of this game knowing that jellybeans were at stake. Oh well.

I had Cousins penciled in as my starting QB all week, but chickened out at the last minute and reinserted Russell Wilson, which was my downfall (especially considering that I was up against Peyton Manning). I was actually relieved with my QB choice after the early games since Cousins didn't play particularly well, but then Wilson crapped the bed even worse in the late afternoon games.

SteelCrazy
02-14-2014, 05:53 PM
test. i cannot post a new thread. just checkin......