PDA

View Full Version : Vonta Leach?

phillyesq
06-11-2013, 12:16 PM
He was just released by the Ravens.

He is a very good blocker, and he also added 21 receptions. Will Johnson has more raw athleticism, but I think that Leach would be an instant upgrade. Any interest?

Shawn
06-11-2013, 12:28 PM
Nah, I like Johnson. I think we groom him and let Leach go somewhere else.

Oviedo
06-11-2013, 12:49 PM
Nah, I like Johnson. I think we groom him and let Leach go somewhere else.

Make sure you clarify Will Johnson and not unnecessary "oxygen consumer" David Johnson.

I think Will takes a big step this season and really contributes, particularly as a receiver out of the backfield.

SteelerOfDeVille
06-11-2013, 01:13 PM
crap... read this and thought Vontae Davis! old age... move along - nothing to see here.

RuthlessBurgher
06-11-2013, 01:51 PM
Vonta Leach made the Pro Bowl the last 3 years as a fullback. Someone with cap room will likely pay the man more than we would be able to...he's certainly not playing for the minimum...if he was willing to do that, then he'd just have accepted the pay cut from the Ravens (he had a $4.33 cap number) and would still be there. Instead, Baltimore drafted the kid from Harvard to take his place (with Matt Birk now retired, they needed Harvard man on their roster).

Captain QB
06-12-2013, 12:34 PM
Didn't Leach want something like $3 million to $4 million dollars? For a guy who'd probably be out there just 10% of the time, no thanks. In today's NFL, fullbacks are in no position to make such contract demands.

hawaiiansteel
06-12-2013, 04:29 PM
Leach is reportedly visiting the Miami Dolphins today...