PDA

View Full Version : Want to improve this team's offense? Figure out a way to sign Eric Winston

BigRob
03-29-2013, 02:55 PM
I, of course, know there is almost no way to get this done. But you could plug him in on the right side and let Adams and Gilbert battle it out on the left side.

Pouncey, Decastro, Winston would destroy a lot of teams.

Siggy00
03-29-2013, 03:04 PM
What's the point when every run is up the middle and too predictable in play-calling?

The OL isn't the real problem, the coach calling the plays is.

hawaiiansteel
03-29-2013, 03:11 PM
What's the point when every run is up the middle and too predictable in play-calling?

I thought it was Art II who dictates the play calling to our yinzer ex-golf coach? :confused:

Siggy00
03-29-2013, 03:23 PM
Art dictates how they play and the philosophy on offense.

Thus good ol' boy Yinzer Todd Haley was hired.

Like I said before, if Art wants to be Jerry Jones? Send Colbert, Ben, and Tomlin on their way and grab a head set.

Shawn
03-29-2013, 09:15 PM
What's the point when you have two slugs fighting to protect your franchise QBs blind slide? Adams is going to get Bens head beat in.

Siggy00
03-29-2013, 09:52 PM
No Haley is going to get him killed again.

He needs to actually COACH, rather than just be a hen-pecked ass kisser.

Big Ern McCracken
03-30-2013, 08:02 AM
Hopefully they bring starks back. He's been their best OL the last two seasons.

Coolie Man
03-30-2013, 08:29 AM
According to buckwheat Darla says his dictate good

Shawn
03-30-2013, 06:44 PM
According to buckwheat Darla says his dictate good

And kids, this is why you don't drink and post. :)

Coolie Man
03-30-2013, 09:58 PM
And kids, this is why you don't drink and post. :)

Stoned dude. Get it right you great person.

ikestops85
04-01-2013, 11:30 AM

So how come most on this board could call our plays before they were run when Arians was the OC? My biggest complaint about him was that we ALWAYS ran up the middle. We had FWP and Arians was trying to turn him into a guy who only ran up the middle. It ruined Parker's career.

skyhawk
04-01-2013, 03:29 PM
I don't get it. Didn't the Steelers rush the fewest amount or percentage of plays last year in the last 30 years? How is that on Art II and Haley if all they want the Steelers to do is RUTM?

hawaiiansteel
04-01-2013, 03:37 PM
I don't get it. Didn't the Steelers rush the fewest amount or percentage of plays last year in the last 30 years? How is that on Art II and Haley if all they want the Steelers to do is RUTM?

what are you trying to do, introduce logic into this discussion?

fezziwig
04-01-2013, 04:19 PM
When you hate for no reason or have an axe to grind, you don't need logic. I have a feeling siggy00 is really Arians wife.

ikestops85
04-01-2013, 05:52 PM

Didn't Crash teach you anything? Quit looking at stats. If you believe those stats you don't know anything about football. It matters WHEN they run the ball ... not how often. Even if they only ran it twice last year but it was on 1st down that is wrong, wrong, wrong. They should have thrown the ball on those downs. How can you waste the talents of a QB who is the product of sperm from Johnny U, Bart Starr, Otto Graham, and Roger Staubach mixed together and used to fertilize an egg from Babe Didrikson? Everything is either the fault of the damn yinzer golf coach or the overrated HOF defensive coordinator who teaches his defenders to let the opponent score after we score ... every time.

The preceding message was paid for by the Siggy is a Zero committee.

Siggy00
04-01-2013, 07:07 PM
So how come most on this board could call our plays before they were run when Arians was the OC? My biggest complaint about him was that we ALWAYS ran up the middle. We had FWP and Arians was trying to turn him into a guy who only ran up the middle. It ruined Parker's career.

No, Parker breaking his leg in St. Louis ended his career. He never recovered from it.

And ironically? He was hurt on a toss sweep.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d8054ce89/Week-16-Willie-Parker-injury

Try again.

Siggy00
04-01-2013, 07:10 PM
It matters WHEN they run the ball ... not how often.

Absolutely. What do you want the Steelers to do in the last 2 minutes of a half?

Run and quit, or throw the ball and score?

WR screens and throwing in the last two minutes skew the numbers.

Have to watch the game instead of reading the stat sheet.

Mike Mayock for example, is the ONLY national expert to state during a game that the Steelers won their games by throwing early to get leads, and THEN running to protect it.

But people who are more worried about "Steeler reputation" and trying to link everything this team does now to the freaking 1970s Stillers rather than facts won't ever admit that these weren't your granddads Steelers once #7 showed up week 3 in 2004.

hawaiiansteel
04-01-2013, 07:32 PM
Absolutely. What do you want the Steelers to do in the last 2 minutes of a half?

Run and quit, or throw the ball and score?

how about when we have the lead at the end of games and we run the ball to milk time off the clock?

don't those runs skew the numbers also?

Siggy00
04-01-2013, 07:36 PM
how about when we have the lead at the end of games and we run the ball to milk time off the clock?

don't those runs skew the numbers also?

You mean like idiots who complain about lack of points without taking into account that they don't even TRY to get them because they take the air out of the football?

Fantasy football and the Yinzers simpleton way of football has destroyed football logic.

They know three things:

Run the ball.

The defense is great.

Ben/BA are evil.

hawaiiansteel
04-01-2013, 07:38 PM
Didn't Crash teach you anything? Quit looking at stats.

The preceding message was paid for by the Siggy is a Zero committee.

well, unless those stats favor your argument of course...

Siggy00
04-01-2013, 07:40 PM
well, unless those stats favor your argument of course...

Forgive Ike. He's still blaming Arians for running Parker up the middle.

Even though he barely did it in the three years BA was his OC.

hawaiiansteel
04-01-2013, 08:12 PM
You mean like idiots who complain about lack of points without taking into account that they don't even TRY to get them because they take the air out of the football?

Fantasy football and the Yinzers simpleton way of football has destroyed football logic.

They know three things:

Run the ball.

The defense is great.

Ben/BA are evil.

and you know three things:

Pass the ball.

The 4th quarter defense is awful.

Art II/Haley are evil.

Shawn
04-02-2013, 12:43 AM
Stoned dude. Get it right you great person.

Just being playful, not trying to offend.

RuthlessBurgher
04-02-2013, 01:13 PM
This was a thread introduced to suggest trying to sign Eric Winston. Notice that Eric Winston's name has not been even mentioned one single time in any of the replies after the original poster brings it up in the first post. Not once!

In an effort to actually address the question answered instead of complaining about ownership mandates and golf coach playcalling and what mindless yinzers want for the bazillionth time, I'd say that I like Winston, but unfortunately, he is a RT only, when we need a LT. At this point, I could live with Adams and Gilbert battling for the RT spot, but I worry when one of those guys is charged with protecting Ben's blind side. The more prudent (and likely more cost-effective) move would be to bring back Starks to play LT yet again and let Adams and Gilbert fight it out for RT instead.

thor75
04-02-2013, 01:14 PM
just out of curiosity on how you all would react....

KC reportedly looking for a second round pick in trade for LT Brandon Albert. I know we can't take his contract straight on, but instead of draft picks what if the Steelers traded Lamar Woodley for Albert and moved Woirlds to the left side. Make Gilbert a back up at tackle and look to draft an OLB for the right side. Not sure how the contracts of Woodley and Albert compare to even see if this is feasible. Just sparking conversation....

thor75
04-02-2013, 01:16 PM
This was a thread introduced to suggest trying to sign Eric Winston. Notice that Eric Winston's name has not been even mentioned one single time in any of the replies after the original poster brings it up in the first post. Not once!

I'm guilty as charged!

RuthlessBurgher
04-02-2013, 01:21 PM
just out of curiosity on how you all would react....

KC reportedly looking for a second round pick in trade for LT Brandon Albert. I know we can't take his contract straight on, but instead of draft picks what if the Steelers traded Lamar Woodley for Albert and moved Woirlds to the left side. Make Gilbert a back up at tackle and look to draft an OLB for the right side. Not sure how the contracts of Woodley and Albert compare to even see if this is feasible. Just sparking conversation....

Trading Woodley would accelerate the remainder of his signing bonus onto this year's cap, so that isn't feasible.

fezziwig
04-02-2013, 01:25 PM

In an effort to actually address the question answered instead of complaining about ownership mandates and golf coach playcalling and what mindless yinzers want for the bazillionth time, I'd say that I like Winston, but unfortunately, he is a RT only, when we need a LT. At this point, I could live with Adams and Gilbert battling for the RT spot, but I worry when one of those guys is charged with protecting Ben's blind side. The more prudent (and likely more cost-effective) move would be to bring back Starks to play LT yet again and let Adams and Gilbert fight it out for RT instead.

I too believe they should have Max on the team but, not penciled in as a starter but, as a backup. Allow Gilbert/Adams/Beechum to fight for their jobs with knowing there is a comfort level having a veteran like Maxs on the sidelines. If what you say about Eric is true and I don't doubt you, Tomlin won't want a guy that can't multi task. Have any teams looked at Max. Just not to start a new thread, has anyone signed or looked into Chris Rainy ?

grotonsteel
04-02-2013, 05:24 PM
I too believe they should have Max on the team but, not penciled in as a starter but, as a backup. Allow Gilbert/Adams/Beechum to fight for their jobs with knowing there is a comfort level having a veteran like Maxs on the sidelines. If what you say about Eric is true and I don't doubt you, Tomlin won't want a guy that can't multi task. Have any teams looked at Max. Just not to start a new thread, has anyone signed or looked into Chris Rainy ?

I think problem is Max wont play as a backup. He want a starter job and i don't blame him.

hawaiiansteel
04-02-2013, 08:53 PM
I'm guilty as charged!

you and I are both only guilty of wasting our time arguing with a guy who is never going to admit he's wrong no matter how wrong he is.

so this makes 6 posts in this thread now where I haven't mentioned the player this thread is supposed to be about so to make up for it:

Eric Winston, Eric Winston, Eric Winston, Eric Winston, Eric Winston, Eric Winston...

fezziwig
04-03-2013, 04:35 PM
I think problem is Max wont play as a backup. He want a starter job and i don't blame him.

I did not know that and thank you. So that I'm not guilty, Eric Winston, Eric Winston, Eric Winstin, Eric Malbaro, Eric Winston, Eric Winston.