PDA

View Full Version : Manti Te'o just ran an unofficial 4.71 40.

Dee Dub
03-26-2013, 12:05 PM
Per ESPN..............

Siggy00
03-26-2013, 12:46 PM
His GF runs faster.

Rara
03-26-2013, 02:00 PM
ZING! Nice one, Crash!

SteelerOfDeVille
03-26-2013, 03:14 PM
I'd be OK with him as the pick

Shawn
03-26-2013, 03:18 PM
He will be a late second rounder.

Oviedo
03-26-2013, 03:24 PM
I still take another Notre Dame guy named TYler Eifert at #17

Eddie Spaghetti
03-26-2013, 03:29 PM
I'm more impressed with what ertz did at his pro day last week. Could have just had a bad day at the combine. Seems like the tape was very similar on these guys Ertz/Eifert, but the combine established eifert as the #1 guy at TE.

he may not be there by the time we pick in the 2nd now. Eifert seems to be a popular pick on the board, but this guy may represent better value if he is hanging around at 48.

Captain Lemming
03-26-2013, 03:49 PM
His GF runs faster.

On a roll with the zingers. :)

Ghost
03-26-2013, 04:06 PM
His GF runs faster.

You think it's funny making fun of imaginary dead girls? There's no place for that on this board....

Siggy00
03-26-2013, 04:13 PM
You think it's funny making fun of imaginary dead girls? There's no place for that on this board....

She runs so fast it was like she was never there!

Ghost
03-26-2013, 04:21 PM
He actually put up that time trying to catch her!

hawaiiansteel
03-26-2013, 04:22 PM
She runs so fast it was like she was never there!

http://dailyupperdecker.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/te-oing.jpg

SteelerOfDeVille
03-26-2013, 05:24 PM
I'm more impressed with what ertz did at his pro day last week. Could have just had a bad day at the combine. Seems like the tape was very similar on these guys Ertz/Eifert, but the combine established eifert as the #1 guy at TE.

he may not be there by the time we pick in the 2nd now. Eifert seems to be a popular pick on the board, but this guy may represent better value if he is hanging around at 48.

I wonder how many of these "OMG, it's gotta be Eifert" peeps have ever watched the guy play or just think "he's the top TE, so I'll take him"... I saw Ertz - he's a stud as a pass catcher... he stood out. I watched ND and don't remember Eifert...

Eddie Spaghetti
03-26-2013, 05:33 PM
I wonder how many of these "OMG, it's gotta be Eifert" peeps have ever watched the guy play or just think "he's the top TE, so I'll take him"... I saw Ertz - he's a stud as a pass catcher... he stood out. I watched ND and don't remember Eifert...

that's my thought as well. It seems like eifert is much loved, but I'm not as sure. I just haven't seen enough. I'm not opposed to TE @17 if the FO and coaches think eifert is the clear cut #1 guy, but I wonder is he just the #1 in a pretty weak class? If that's the case, wait and grab ertz in the 2nd if available and he grades out there, or roll with what we have.

guess that's one upside to having a lot of needs. Lots to choose from.

SteelerOfDeVille
03-26-2013, 05:49 PM
that's my thought as well. It seems like eifert is much loved, but I'm not as sure. I just haven't seen enough. I'm not opposed to TE @17 if the FO and coaches think eifert is the clear cut #1 guy, but I wonder is he just the #1 in a pretty weak class? If that's the case, wait and grab ertz in the 2nd if available and he grades out there, or roll with what we have.

guess that's one upside to having a lot of needs. Lots to choose from.

:Bow:Bow:Bow:Bow:Bow

Dee Dub
03-26-2013, 06:56 PM
I'd be OK with him as the pick

Me too. Mike Mayock is now saying (after seeing his drills today), what I said 4 months ago. He is a 3 down LB. Go figure.

Dee Dub
03-26-2013, 06:56 PM
He will be a late second rounder.

Wanna bet? He will be a first rounder.

SidSmythe
03-26-2013, 07:09 PM
I just can't see anyone taking this guy in the 1st round.
After N.D.'s awful defensive performance and this whole GF thing, I think he's a 2nd rounder.

Dee Dub
03-26-2013, 07:17 PM
I just can't see anyone taking this guy in the 1st round.
After N.D.'s awful defensive performance and this whole GF thing, I think he's a 2nd rounder.

You are entitled to your opinion but NFL scouts and personnel are saying differently. They dont ever rate a player based on one game. Mayock just said he goes 19, 20 or 23. New York Giants, Chicago Bears, or Minnesota Vikings. Wont get past Baltimore at 32.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/0ap2000000154048/Mayock-on-Te-o-pro-day

feltdizz
03-26-2013, 07:23 PM
I watched Eifert and he is legit.. but Im not sure he is head and shoulders above Errz..

thor75
03-26-2013, 10:24 PM
I probably wouldn't take Te'o with #17 but I would in the second round. I think he will be a solid pro but as ILB he better be a Patrick willis or Derek Johnson type to be worthy of #17 and I don't see Te'o as that type.

Chadman
03-27-2013, 04:15 AM
Te'o is one player who has gone pretty cold in draft talk.

For pure, wild speculation's sake, Chadman thinks Te'o might actually go significantly lower than originally predicted. We've all seen players predicted to go high that end up falling out the bottom end of a draft class- Burfect is a great example.

Just saying that it wouldn't be a huge shock to Chadman to see something similar happen, regardless of how deserved that is.

feltdizz
03-27-2013, 09:32 AM
Te'o is one player who has gone pretty cold in draft talk.

For pure, wild speculation's sake, Chadman thinks Te'o might actually go significantly lower than originally predicted. We've all seen players predicted to go high that end up falling out the bottom end of a draft class- Burfect is a great example.

Just saying that it wouldn't be a huge shock to Chadman to see something similar happen, regardless of how deserved that is.

Same blueprint as Brady Quinn....

High draft prediction...
played SEC team in bowl game...
looked overwhelmed and undersized...
sexuality was in question (ball shots)....

and was still drafted higher than he should have been.

pfelix73
03-27-2013, 11:17 AM
I'd be all for the ND TE at #17... He is very impressive. Didn't he just run a mid 4 sec. in the 40 at his pro day? He'd be a nice target for Ben.....

thor75
03-27-2013, 11:22 AM
I'd be all for the ND TE at #17... He is very impressive. Didn't he just run a mid 4 sec. in the 40 at his pro day? He'd be a nice target for Ben.....

Eifert didn't run the 40 at his pro day

I heard Mayock say that he tells the players that if they are willing to stand on their 40 time from the combine, then just concentrate on position drills for your pro day. Maybe Eifert got the same advice??

supersteeler
03-27-2013, 11:33 AM

Don't get me going on this pick, I would love to have Tyler @17 but all the experts say no to TE feeling other positions need
attention first. I thought the Steelers don't draft on need? Pick any position on the board guys, can you say the pick outside of TE will be the best player at his position?

I feel confident Tyler will be the BPA when it' our turn to pick, but I don't expect the Steelers to pick him as it would be a surprise for many here including me.

Dee Dub
03-27-2013, 12:31 PM
Same blueprint as Brady Quinn....

High draft prediction...
played SEC team in bowl game...
looked overwhelmed and undersized...
sexuality was in question (ball shots)....

and was still drafted higher than he should have been.

Horrible comparison. QB is a position of major need in the NFL. It is the premier position and teams always reach for them. And how do you say Te'o is under-sized? Have you seen the ILB around the NFL?

But we get it.....hater. ;)

Here are the facts. Te'o produced for 4 years at ND at a high level. Showed leadership qualities. Improved in all areas. Went from being deficient in pass coverage to actually being pretty descent. Has shown a great work ethic and drive to get better. Was above average in his drills at the combine and pro day. Showed quickness (lateral movement), and strength. Improved his 40 time. Made a ton of splash plays during his 4 years. Also manned up and took accountability for the hoax incident. Faced the media and NFL personnel in a way that actually impressed most (per what the media has reported).

These are the things that the NFL is going to look at more than anything else. Teddy Bruschi predicted he will be an above average ILB in the NFL. Raved about his feet, quickness, and instincts. He also said that ND front 4 played a huge roll in the failures of the entire defense for ND in the championship game. It was a team effort in that failure and not just on Te'o.

feltdizz
03-27-2013, 01:01 PM
Horrible comparison. QB is a position of major need in the NFL. It is the premier position and teams always reach for them. And how do you say Te'o is under-sized? Have you seen the ILB around the NFL?

But we get it.....hater. ;)

Here are the facts. Te'o produced for 4 years at ND at a high level. Showed leadership qualities. Improved in all areas. Went from being deficient in pass coverage to actually being pretty descent. Has shown a great work ethic and drive to get better. Was above average in his drills at the combine and pro day. Showed quickness (lateral movement), and strength. Improved his 40 time. Made a ton of splash plays during his 4 years. Also manned up and took accountability for the hoax incident. Faced the media and NFL personnel in a way that actually impressed most (per what the media has reported).

These are the things that the NFL is going to look at more than anything else. Teddy Bruschi predicted he will be an above average ILB in the NFL. Raved about his feet, quickness, and instincts. He also said that ND front 4 played a huge roll in the failures of the entire defense for ND in the championship game. It was a team effort in that failure and not just on Te'o.

What team reached for Quinn in the top 10 of his draft?

yeah.. it's hard for you to see the comparison for what it is because you are too busy shaking those pom poms.

Quinn... just like Te'o... had early predictions of being a top 10 pick... and just like Quinn I think Te'o will drop to the bottom of the 1st or be an early second rounder due to his bowl game against NFL talent.

Dee Dub
03-27-2013, 01:07 PM
What team reached for Quinn in the top 10 of his draft?

yeah.. it's hard for you to see the comparison for what it is because you are too busy shaking those pom poms.

Quinn... just like Te'o... had early predictions of being a top 10 pick... and just like Quinn I think Te'o will drop to the bottom of the 1st or be an early second rounder due to his bowl game against NFL talent.

But before you had said he wasnt a first round pick. Now you are back tracking. Nice.

feltdizz
03-27-2013, 01:28 PM
But before you had said he wasnt a first round pick. Now you are back tracking. Nice.

He isn't.... IMO if he goes anywhere before the mid 3rd round he will be considered a bust...

I don't think he is anywhere near as good as advertised and will struggle vs NFL talent...

where I think he should go vs where he will go are 2 different things.

steelblood
03-27-2013, 01:37 PM
I just can't see anyone taking this guy in the 1st round.l

if that logic applies, scratch Vaccaro off the list, his team's defense was terrible all year long (not just for one game).

feltdizz
03-27-2013, 01:46 PM
if that logic applies, scratch Vaccaro off the list, his team's defense was terrible all year long (not just for one game).

True... and ND's D was great last year except for the PITT and Alabama game... the problem with the Bama game is Te'o was one on one more than a few times with blockers and RB's and he failed miserably.

If Te'o had shown out in a blowout loss he wouldn't have taken such a big hit in the media.

RuthlessBurgher
03-27-2013, 01:49 PM
Teddy Bruschi predicted he will be an above average ILB in the NFL.

I generally hope for impact players with All-Pro type skills with my day one picks, above average players with my day two picks, and depth players/special teamers contributors/developmental projects with some possible long-term potential with my day three picks. Bruschi's description seems to fit my day two criteria more than what I tend to look for with pick #17. If one of the ILB prospects like Kevin Minter, Arthur Brown, or Manti Te'o happens to fall to us at #48, then I jump...but not at #17...an ILB will not be the BPA at #17 this year.

Dee Dub
03-27-2013, 02:05 PM
I generally hope for impact players with All-Pro type skills with my day one picks, above average players with my day two picks, and depth players/special teamers contributors/developmental projects with some possible long-term potential with my day three picks. Bruschi's description seems to fit my day two criteria more than what I tend to look for with pick #17. If one of the ILB prospects like Kevin Minter, Arthur Brown, or Manti Te'o happens to fall to us at #48, then I jump...but not at #17...an ILB will not be the BPA at #17 this year.

I respect that. I too generally want more for the Steelers at that high of a pick. But lets look at James Farrior. Would he be worthy of the 17th overall pick? He wasnt great but he was above average and provided great leadership and contributed to two Super Bowl Championships. Looking at the body of work over his entire career I think the 17th overall pick would have been justified on A James Farrior.