PDA

View Full Version : Dumervil a Raven

supersteeler
03-24-2013, 04:50 PM
AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
Ravens and former Broncos DE Elvis Dumervil reached agreement, as Denver Post reported.
about a minute ago

Jooser
03-24-2013, 04:52 PM
That sucks.

Jooser
03-24-2013, 04:56 PM
Here it is:
__________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

Elvis Dumervil picks Ravens Posted by Josh Alper on March 24, 2013, 4:47 PM EDT
http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/350x-293.jpg?w=250 AP
It looks like the Ravens have beaten the Broncos again.

A couple of months after beating Denver in the AFC playoffs, they’ve reportedly beaten them out for defensive end Elvis Dumervil (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3941/elvis-dumervil)’s services. Mike Klis of the Denver Post reports that Dumervil has agreed to a contract (http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_22861665/elvis-dumervil-agrees-contract-baltimore-ravens) with the Ravens after taking most of the weekend (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/23/dumervil-waiting-at-least-one-more-day-to-pick-his-next-team/) to settle on which offer he liked best.

Dumervil’s departure from Denver after it appeared he’d be taking a pay cut to stay created a quick response from Baltimore, who will likely plug Dumervil into the role vacated by Paul Kruger (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5181/paul-kruger) as a pass rusher across from Terrell Suggs (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2237/terrell-suggs). It’s a move that could pay off quite well given Dumervil’s ability to get after the quarterback over the course of his career.

The Broncos will have to move on to another option on the edge, with Klis reporting John Abraham (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/849/john-abraham) as the likeliest target. Dwight Freeney (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1517/dwight-freeney) would be next in line as the Broncos try to fill a hole that they never thought they’d have to fill a little more than a week ago.

UPDATE 4:51 p.m. ET: The Ravens have confirmed the agreement. He will take a physical Tuesday to make deal official.

phillyesq
03-24-2013, 05:00 PM
Looks like the Ravens used Harrison as leverage to get this deal finalized:

Jeff Zrebiec ‏@jeffzrebiecsun (https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiecsun)10m (https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiecsun/status/315927936425410560)
Interesting timing. Former Steeler James Harrison was due in town tonight to visit #Ravens (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Ravens&src=hash). But that obviously isn't a fit anymore.

supersteeler
03-24-2013, 05:03 PM
Dumervil gives the Ravens a lift for their defense

BradshawsHairdresser
03-24-2013, 05:20 PM
Finishing well in the distance in the bidding for Dumervil's services? The Pittsburgh Steelers, who reportedly had upped their ante in recent days, throwing in an offer of a three-months supply of perogis and 10 cases of Iron City beer to go along with a league-minimum salary.

Jooser
03-24-2013, 05:28 PM
Finishing well in the distance in the bidding for Dumervil's services? The Pittsburgh Steelers, who reportedly had upped their ante in recent days, throwing in an offer of a three-months supply of perogis and 10 cases of Iron City beer to go along with a league-minimum salary.

Damn, if only they'd thrown in the 2 for 1 Primanti Bros coupons!!!!!

BradshawsHairdresser
03-24-2013, 06:25 PM
Damn, if only they'd thrown in the 2 for 1 Primanti Bros coupons!!!!!
That would've been a deal-maker for sure!

DukieBoy
03-24-2013, 07:09 PM

Sure made it difficult for Dumerville, didn't they?

:D:D:D

DukieBoy
03-24-2013, 07:12 PM
Looks like the Ravens used Harrison as leverage to get this deal finalized:

Wondering where this leaved James, and if he'll take a home town discount deal to return for another year. If they will have him. I'd like to see him back for one more year.

supersteeler
03-24-2013, 07:14 PM
James is going to retire and drive a truck.

phillyesq
03-24-2013, 07:33 PM
Wondering where this leaved James, and if he'll take a home town discount deal to return for another year. If they will have him. I'd like to see him back for one more year.

The coaching staff wants him back too, otherwise they never would have tried to restructure. If Abraham and Freeney set a lower market, the perhaps there would still be a way for James to return to Pittsburgh.

Eddie Spaghetti
03-24-2013, 07:40 PM
The coaching staff wants him back too, otherwise they never would have tried to restructure. If Abraham and Freeney set a lower market, the perhaps there would still be a way for James to return to Pittsburgh.

I hope you are right philly, but I fear james might just take his ball and go home.

pride only hurts, it never helps.

that was for ruthless.

Sugar
03-24-2013, 07:43 PM
I hope you are right philly, but I fear james might just take his ball and go home.

that was for ruthless.

I'm thinking you're probably right. It would be really awkward to be him going back into the locker room after taking short money. I'm also not sure about the message that sends to Jason.

williar
03-25-2013, 08:07 AM
Once again, Ozzie Newsome running rings around Kevin Colbert... They sign Canty, Spears and Dumervil. Who do we sign, retreads - Spaeth, Gay and Ooo-Foo, from the dollar store sale rack. I know people will say "but this is how we do" and that's why the ravens have been kicking our asses the past couple of years. Yeah! I'm panicking! Ozzie has a plan and we don't.

BradshawsHairdresser
03-25-2013, 08:25 AM
Once again, Ozzie Newsome running rings around Kevin Colbert... They sign Canty, Spears and Dumervil. Who do we sign, retreads - Spaeth, Gay and Ooo-Foo, from the dollar store sale rack. I know people will say "but this is how we do" and that's why the ravens have been kicking our asses the past couple of years. Yeah! I'm panicking! Ozzie has a plan and we don't.
Kinda looks that way so far. But we still have some time and opportunities. Hopefully, we hit about 7 home runs in the draft...

feltdizz
03-25-2013, 09:32 AM

They haven't been kicking our asses... it's a pretty even series and we are 3-0 vs them in the playoffs. The problem is Ben keeps missing games vs the Ravens...

williar
03-25-2013, 09:50 AM
They haven't been kicking our asses... it's a pretty even series and we are 3-0 vs them in the playoffs. The problem is Ben keeps missing games vs the Ravens...

Well. We won with Charlie Batch in probably our best game of the season. The way our offense has underwhelmed with Ben, I'm not so sure he would be the difference maker. Just call a spade a spade. Ozzie Newsome has done a better job replacing talent, drafting talent, and signing quality (not breaking the bank) type of free agents. Say what you want, but we have been looking up at the ravens the past couple of years and I don't see that changing. They have a plan, we don't! Signing William Gay, David Johnson and Matt Spaeth is not progress.

grotonsteel
03-25-2013, 10:09 AM
Dumervil and Suggs will be licking their chops when they have to go against Adams and Gilbert...

Ozzie has been a better GM last 2-3 years..

phillyesq
03-25-2013, 10:12 AM

that was for ruthless.

Yeah, the pride factor is tough to overcome. I don't think there is a strong chance that James returns - his agent's bluster will make that really difficult - but I will hold out a bit of hope until he signs elsewhere.

fezziwig
03-25-2013, 11:51 AM
If you think things are bad now with the suspect players the team is considering as our starters this season. When some of these guys get injured and they will, what the heck will it look like when we send in our backups that are already replacing backups.

I've lost confidence in this teams ability to recognize talent, to bring in talent or to develope talennt. They just don't have it and they can't even get good number one picks.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
03-25-2013, 12:13 PM
Asking out of ignorance ... did the Ravens have more to spend this FA season than we did? Is that why we are doing the retread thing but they are able to buy prime beef?

phillyesq
03-25-2013, 12:53 PM
Asking out of ignorance ... did the Ravens have more to spend this FA season than we did? Is that why we are doing the retread thing but they are able to buy prime beef?

They did have more to spend this year, in large part because they traded Boldin for peanuts. The first year of Flacco's new deal is also very cap friendly, but really pounds them in year 3 (I think).

Mister Pittsburgh
03-25-2013, 01:01 PM
Dumervil and Suggs will be licking their chops when they have to go against Adams and Gilbert...

Ozzie has been a better GM last 2-3 years..

Was thinking the same. We need to bolster the OT position.

The Ravens signed Dumervil for cheaper than the Browns paid for Kruger...jeez.

Mister Pittsburgh
03-25-2013, 01:13 PM
Here is the thing that will piss me off when we play these clowns....they have Suggs, Dumervil, Canty, Ngata, etc....and lost Ed Reed and their CB Williams....so will have a really young secondary....and yet we will be sure to run it into the box and be sure to go 50/50 run-pass. I would really like it to have two coordinators that actually gameplan on a weekly basis to attack a teams weakness and can also adjust on the fly during the game. As soon as Ike goes down every other team would throw right at the backup we bring in for him and exploit the weakness. We dont' do crap like that. We would still run up the gut.

NorthCoast
03-26-2013, 08:54 AM
Here is the thing that will piss me off when we play these clowns....they have Suggs, Dumervil, Canty, Ngata, etc....and lost Ed Reed and their CB Williams....so will have a really young secondary....and yet we will be sure to run it into the box and be sure to go 50/50 run-pass. I would really like it to have two coordinators that actually gameplan on a weekly basis to attack a teams weakness and can also adjust on the fly during the game. As soon as Ike goes down every other team would throw right at the backup we bring in for him and exploit the weakness. We dont' do crap like that. We would still run up the gut.

I was thinking that the Steelers simply chose a different path than the Ravens. They preferred to keep their secondary largely intact, which was a very strong unit last season, while the LBs were just OK. Vice versa for Ravens. I suspect the Steelers see some good opportunity for LB talent in this draft and may pick up a couple.

Mister Pittsburgh
03-26-2013, 10:15 AM
I was thinking that the Steelers simply chose a different path than the Ravens. They preferred to keep their secondary largely intact, which was a very strong unit last season, while the LBs were just OK. Vice versa for Ravens. I suspect the Steelers see some good opportunity for LB talent in this draft and may pick up a couple.

Which is more likely to play well in year one? First year members of the secondary for Baltimore, or first year LB's in Lebeau's 3-4? Even if we draft LB's, they won't touch the field besides special teams.

supersteeler
03-27-2013, 02:33 PM
Now they just signed Huff, looks like they are replacing the players they lossed.

Mister Pittsburgh
03-27-2013, 02:46 PM
Ravens sign Canty, Dumervil, Huff
Steelers sign Johnson, Foster, Spaeth

hawaiiansteel
03-27-2013, 03:25 PM
Steelers sign Johnson, Foster, Spaeth

Super Bowl!!!!!!! :tt2

fezziwig
03-27-2013, 03:58 PM
Don't forget Gay.