PDA

View Full Version : Steelers did not sign Steve Breaston

BigRob
03-01-2013, 05:11 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/01/report-steelers-wont-sign-steve-breaston-for-now/

They did not sign Steve Breaston.

lloydroid
03-01-2013, 05:19 PM
Oh well. Could still end up in Pgh.

supersteeler
03-01-2013, 06:30 PM
Oh well. Could still end up in Pgh.

Yep, at what the Steelers offered not the demands he made. Hopkins or Patterson could solve our WR situation, in the meantime Breaston might rethink his situation.

hawaiiansteel
03-01-2013, 09:24 PM
Steve Breaston to test market, could still join Pittsburgh Steelers

By Aditi Kinkhabwala
Reporter, NFL.com and NFL Network
Published: March 1, 2013

Free-agent wide receiver Steve Breaston had a very good meeting with Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin on Thursday, a source close to Breaston said, but both sides are exploring their options in regard to his free agency.

Breaston's representative team believes the receiver can get the long-term contract he desires, along with the opportunity to be a team's No. 2 wide receiver.

It's important to note that no deal could have been agreed to this week between Breaston and the Steelers, anyway, since the team still needs to create space under the salary cap in order to make such a signing. Contracts also cannot be finalized until the new league year begins March 12.

Breaston is expected to meet with other NFL teams in the coming weeks.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000146285/article/steve-breaston-meets-in-contract-talks-with-pittsburgh-steelers

RuthlessBurgher
03-02-2013, 03:26 PM
This is likely why we didn't sign him right away:

Report: Breaston considering knee procedure
Posted by Mike Florio on March 2, 2013, 1:36 PM EST

Well, perhaps we now know why receiver Steve Breaston has not signed with a new team since being cut by the Chiefs.

Per Adam Schefter of ESPN, Breaston is considering the so-called “Regenokine treatment” in Germany for a lingering knee problem.

Schefter writes that Breaston, who recently visited the Browns and Steelers, has “knee inflammation and early arthritic symptoms.”

The procedure entails removing a blood, incubating it at an elevated temperature, spinning it in a centrifuge to make a serum, and then injecting it to fight inflammation.

In leaking this info to the media, Breaston’s camp is walking a fine line between maintaining the impression that he can pass a physical without it and creating the perception that he could end up being even better if it works.

Indeed, Breaston, Schefter writes, believes the procedure isn’t needed. Breaston’s family and agent are pushing him to do it.

Regardless of whether he undergoes the procedure, he plans to keep trying to improve the knee. Which means that the knee, while possibly “fine,” isn’t 100 percent.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/02/report-breaston-considering-knee-procedure/

Mister Pittsburgh
03-02-2013, 09:22 PM
Sorry, didn't read above post

hawaiiansteel
05-03-2013, 02:48 PM
Steelers reportedly expected to sign Steve Breaston

May 3, 2013 by Paul Jackiewicz

ESPN’s John Clayton mentioned on Thursday’s NFL Live that the Pittsburgh Steelers are expected to sign free agent wide receiver Steve Breaston within the next couple of weeks.

The Steelers will likely sign Breaston to a veteran minimum deal. My guess is that it will be a one-year contract.

While Breaston isn’t Mike Wallace, he’s a solid weapon that can help out Pittsburgh’s offense.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/steelers_reportedly_expected_to_sign_steve_breasto n/13542017

BigRob
05-03-2013, 02:56 PM
Steelers reportedly expected to sign Steve Breaston

May 3, 2013 by Paul Jackiewicz

ESPN’s John Clayton mentioned on Thursday’s NFL Live that the Pittsburgh Steelers are expected to sign free agent wide receiver Steve Breaston within the next couple of weeks.

The Steelers will likely sign Breaston to a veteran minimum deal. My guess is that it will be a one-year contract.

While Breaston isn’t Mike Wallace, he’s a solid weapon that can help out Pittsburgh’s offense.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/steelers_reportedly_expected_to_sign_steve_breasto n/13542017

Expect this to happen post June 1. We need 1.6 million to sign the draft class. With our current cap space that will leave us about 4 million post June 1st.

So, that will give us Brown, Sanders, Breaston, Plax, Cotch, Wheaton? Anyone really see 6 WR's making the team and 5 RB's?

thor75
05-03-2013, 02:58 PM
That is going to be a crowded meeting room. Not sure what he brings that Cotchery doesn't. I'd rather use the money on a OT imo.

Mister Pittsburgh
05-03-2013, 02:58 PM
would they then cut cotchery or plaxico?Or I should say, would cutting one of those two free up money to sign a younger, better option at this point?

BigRob
05-03-2013, 03:02 PM
would they then cut cotchery or plaxico?Or I should say, would cutting one of those two free up money to sign a younger, better option at this point?

Cotch may be a goner. Wouldn't we save about..... (Best Dr. Evil voice I can muster) $1 Million Dollars by cutting him?

supersteeler
05-03-2013, 03:54 PM
Why sign Breaston when Max is out there looking for work and we might need his services? I see more value in what Max could do for us than Breaston.

SteelSpain
05-03-2013, 05:40 PM
I don´t understand this. (If it was written in spanish then I will understand :lol: ) Sorry I was joking. Seriously I don´t understand. If we let go Sanders OK, but Brown, Sanders, Wheaton, Cotch, Plax, Breaston, Brown2... Who doesn´t make the team? Brown2 make practice squad and still there are 6. Cut Cotch or Plax? If we didn´t match the *s offer this would make more sense.

Rara
05-03-2013, 07:30 PM
I can see us signing Winston Justice and Steve Breaston by cutting Redman or Dwyer and Plaxico or Cotchery.