PDA

View Full Version : I was wrong

lloydroid
02-18-2013, 05:50 PM
It turns out Pgh wasn't going overboard with lifting heavy free weights in the season - they are doing the exact opposite, and THAT is likely leading to all the injuries. It turns out that Pgh mostly uses machines for weight training, and THAT is the problem. Machines don't allow for the huge benefit of muscles stabilizing the chain and core, which is a huge benefit of free weights. That would explain why SF was so low in injuries, because they do lots of free weight work.

Reality is, Pgh has only two power racks in their entire gym. Sources say they use more machines than any other team and free weights are virtually non-existent. My source says every single NFL team uses more free weight training than do the Steelers.

So, I was right in that something in their training was likely to be adding to injuries, but it was the exact opposite of what I thought. It appears Pgh is pretty lax in what they require players to do in the weight room, and they are under the false belief that cutting out most all of free weights is safer. They are not benefiting from the stabilizing effect of free weight training, as all other clubs are.

Eddie Spaghetti
02-18-2013, 06:01 PM
this should be good.

internet sources are the best!

Oviedo
02-18-2013, 06:12 PM
It turns out Pgh wasn't going overboard with lifting heavy free weights in the season - they are doing the exact opposite, and THAT is likely leading to all the injuries. It turns out that Pgh mostly uses machines for weight training, and THAT is the problem. Machines don't allow for the huge benefit of muscles stabilizing the chain and core, which is a huge benefit of free weights. That would explain why SF was so low in injuries, because they do lots of free weight work.

Reality is, Pgh has only two power racks in their entire gym. Sources say they use more machines than any other team and free weights are virtually non-existent. My source says every single NFL team uses more free weight training than do the Steelers.

So, I was right in that something in their training was likely to be adding to injuries, but it was the exact opposite of what I thought. It appears Pgh is pretty lax in what they require players to do in the weight room, and they are under the false belief that cutting out most all of free weights is safer. They are not benefiting from the stabilizing effect of free weight training, as all other clubs are.

You do realize that most of the training the players do to get ready for the season IS NOT at the Steelers facility. The vast majority of the players do that on their own with private trainers at their off season home locations. The work they do at the facility is usually in season exercises where they are just working to maintain.

NJ-STEELER
02-18-2013, 06:19 PM
how does lifting free weights help in avoiding you ankle getting rolled up on?

which of the injuries the players suffered could have been avoided by lifting better in your opinion

spence? decastro?? ben? woodley? troy? harrison?

flippy
02-18-2013, 06:41 PM

which of the injuries the players suffered could have been avoided by lifting better in your opinion

Gotta train to keep your distance from Gilby.

anger 82&95
02-18-2013, 08:35 PM
So that’s why Woodley was plump as a chump, injury prone and basically useless last year. His exercise regimen consisted solely of slaving away on an old-school circa 1973 Universal Gym machine…

SteelCrazy
02-18-2013, 08:38 PM
lloydroid says, "I was wrong".............

and that is what everyone has been trying to tell ya bro. carry on

steelblood
02-18-2013, 09:01 PM
http://www.steelers.com/assets/images/Playoff%20Diary/AFC%20Championship%20Game/01182011_Diary_McLendon_wghts.JPG

I see quite a few free weights in the background.

steelz09
02-18-2013, 09:23 PM
http://www.steelers.com/assets/images/Playoff%20Diary/AFC%20Championship%20Game/01182011_Diary_McLendon_wghts.JPG

I see quite a few free weights in the background.

Those weights to the right look like they are on Hammer Strength equipment. It's like a hybrid between free weights and machine equipment. There are no cables and you use free weights. However, hammer strength equipment helps with form and stabilization compared to true free weights. I like hammer strength equipment a lot of it does assist you with stabilization compared to free weights/dumbells/barbells.

pfelix73
02-18-2013, 09:36 PM
This is total BS. Next time you are in Latrobe at training camp, walk up to the entrance where the team comes out on the field every day. The fitness center/ weightlifting room is right there in the front. You can see for yourself that they USE free weights.... Granted, its at training camp, but I'm sure it carries on to the southside as well....

Strike 1 and you're out.

Ghost
02-18-2013, 10:24 PM
My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Harrison pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

eniparadoxgma
02-18-2013, 10:33 PM
Gotta train to keep your distance from Gilby.

hahahahaha NOICE!

eniparadoxgma
02-18-2013, 10:36 PM
My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Harrison pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Bueller?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Bueller?

hawaiiansteel
02-19-2013, 02:47 AM
I was wrong once also.

of course, it turned out later that I was right...

SteelBucks
02-19-2013, 09:24 AM

Thanks Samone....:D

feltdizz
02-19-2013, 10:37 AM
How can someone be wrong and still say they are right in the same post?

This question is for everyone but Loid.

SDSteel1
02-19-2013, 11:52 AM
I disagree, I think the reason for the injuries is because they aren't taking enough Deer Antler Supplements.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
02-19-2013, 12:06 PM
I'm not going to say free weights had anything to do with injuries. What I will say from experience is that free weight training provides the most benefit. Especially benching, squating, or any clean jerk from floor. I can't tell you how many times I have seen someone lose the bar on the bench ending a set or lose balance squating or jerking the weight from the floor when they come from a machine training to free weight. You use different muscles when you make your body balance the counter weight versus putting that on a machine.

Mister Pittsburgh
02-19-2013, 12:08 PM
I certainly think Troy's medicine ball and balance board hippie training vs weight training has screwed him up.

lloydroid
02-19-2013, 01:54 PM
this should be good.

internet sources are the best!

Ummm, just too bad the source is a living, breathing friend of mine. So, nice try. Swing and a miss, again.

lloydroid
02-19-2013, 01:56 PM
I certainly think Troy's medicine ball and balance board hippie training vs weight training has screwed him up.

Yes and no. There is a place for the type of stuff Troy was doing, but I think he just took it too far. That "core training" stuff - which is what you would describe the medicine and hippie board as - is valuable. But so is regular benching, weight stuff. I think Troy not using any weight over 20 lbs just went too far.

lloydroid
02-19-2013, 01:58 PM
I'm not going to say free weights had anything to do with injuries. What I will say from experience is that free weight training provides the most benefit. Especially benching, squating, or any clean jerk from floor. I can't tell you how many times I have seen someone lose the bar on the bench ending a set or lose balance squating or jerking the weight from the floor when they come from a machine training to free weight. You use different muscles when you make your body balance the counter weight versus putting that on a machine.

Exactly.

Well said.

I don't think that we yet know all the benefits from free weight training, but there is no question it provides value that is not there with machines. And if Pgh is using mostly all machines for weight training, they are losing out - that much I know. According to my sources, who consult to many NFL teams, Pgh seems to do less free weight training than almost every other team.

feltdizz
02-19-2013, 02:04 PM

I think age, jumping over the OL to sack the QB, getting his knee twisted and fell on by a fat TE on a blocked kick, making tackles in the box like a LB or diving and running around like a crazed animal screwed him up too...

who knows, could be the hippie med ball too.

lloydroid
02-19-2013, 02:04 PM
How can someone be wrong and still say they are right in the same post?

This question is for everyone but Loid.

Too bad. I was wrong. My hunch was they were over-training with free weights during the season and the truth is they barely do free weights, which is just as faulty as doing too much. They aren't mutually exclusive. How can you not grasp that? They only have two power racks in the entire weight room. That tells me they are really going light on the free weights. I met with a former Steeler who is into strength and conditioning coaching; he was a fairly successful defensive player in the 1980s. Any how, he said he believed in machines more than free weights because there was less risk of injury. I think that thinking is faulty. It is only true when the person working out is inexperienced in lifting. Other than screwing up and trying to squat too much, or lifting too heavy when not properly worked out, free weights will actually make players LESS likely to get hurt, because all the support and chain muscle reaction is what makes us over all stronger and less likely to get hurt.

lloydroid
02-19-2013, 02:07 PM

Does you best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend hear directly from a guy who personally, physically visits NFL/D1 college weight rooms and observes and consults on training techniques? Because, if so, then it would be similar.

feltdizz
02-19-2013, 02:10 PM
Too bad. I was wrong. My hunch was they were over-training with free weights during the season and the truth is they barely do free weights, which is just as faulty as doing too much. They aren't mutually exclusive. How can you not grasp that? They only have two power racks in the entire weight room. That tells me they are really going light on the free weights. I met with a former Steeler who is into strength and conditioning coaching; he was a fairly successful defensive player in the 1980s. Any how, he said he believed in machines more than free weights because there was less risk of injury. I think that thinking is faulty. It is only true when the person working out is inexperienced in lifting. Other than screwing up and trying to squat too much, or lifting too heavy when not properly worked out, free weights will actually make players LESS likely to get hurt, because all the support and chain muscle reaction is what makes us over all stronger and less likely to get hurt.

being wrong doesn't make you right.

Everyone knows there is a problem with all the injuries so why declare yourself right about the obvious.

...and stop bragging about all the imaginary people you know.

lloydroid
02-19-2013, 02:10 PM
You do realize that most of the training the players do to get ready for the season IS NOT at the Steelers facility. The vast majority of the players do that on their own with private trainers at their off season home locations. The work they do at the facility is usually in season exercises where they are just working to maintain.

This is even far more true today, with the new CBA, which limits how much teams can work out players. That being said, this entire discussion was re: the workouts being done DURING the season, if you recall, which is 100% done IN THE STEELERs' facility. It appears that Pgh uses more machines than free weights, and I believe that is a mistake. That is my opinion and it's not one without some insight.

feltdizz
02-19-2013, 02:11 PM
That is my opinion and it's not one without some insight.

You don't get to decide that...

Eddie Spaghetti
02-19-2013, 02:13 PM
Ummm, just too bad the source is a living, breathing friend of mine. So, nice try. Swing and a miss, again.

just in case you haven't figured this out yet.......

nobody believes a word you say.

BigRob
02-19-2013, 02:15 PM
I was right except I was wrong except I was right.

It would have been easier for you to just post the above.

lloydroid
02-19-2013, 02:20 PM

Not much. But it could make all the connecting structure a little more solid to aid such an injury being as severe, hypothetically.

You know I'd only be guessing. But my GUESS is that Harrison's injuries have nothing to do with the lack of free weights, as he is an animal in the weight room. Spense was too severe to be prevented from any training technique. Probably same with DeCastro. Woodley certainly COULD be a case where if he did more free weight working out, he could have prevented his hammie from popping every season in the last few. He is NOT known to work out much. His body fat is way too high to be playing OLB in the NFL. Had he been doing squats, who knows? Had working out made him drop 25 lbs of fat, who knows? Would his hammie pop if he was 25 lbs lighter? Not sure. Possibly. No one knows for sure, as you must realize. Troy's hippie mode training? Could very well be somewhat of a potential element. Had he mixed in some squats with his hippie board stuff? Who knows? Maybe it would have made him less likely to blow out his calf every other play.

The point is: Pgh seems to shy away from free weight training. And it doesn't seem like the best of ideas. Many of you have worked out with free weights and realize it is a tremendous aid in many ways. We don't even fully understand why, but we know it is far superior to ANY machine work.

Ghost
02-19-2013, 05:06 PM
Bender: "When have you ever gotten laid"?
lloydroid: "I've gotten laid, lotsa times"!
Bender: "Name One".
lloydroid: "She lives in Canada, met her at Niagra Falls. You wouldn't know her..."

lloydroid
02-19-2013, 05:29 PM
Bender: "When have you ever gotten laid"?
lloydroid: "I've gotten laid, lotsa times"!
Bender: "Name One".
lloydroid: "She lives in Canada, met her at Niagra Falls. You wouldn't know her..."

Insecure much?

NJ-STEELER
02-19-2013, 06:40 PM
Not much. But it could make all the connecting structure a little more solid to aid such an injury being as severe, hypothetically.

You know I'd only be guessing. But my GUESS is that Harrison's injuries have nothing to do with the lack of free weights, as he is an animal in the weight room. Spense was too severe to be prevented from any training technique. Probably same with DeCastro. Woodley certainly COULD be a case where if he did more free weight working out, he could have prevented his hammie from popping every season in the last few. He is NOT known to work out much. His body fat is way too high to be playing OLB in the NFL. Had he been doing squats, who knows? Had working out made him drop 25 lbs of fat, who knows? Would his hammie pop if he was 25 lbs lighter? Not sure. Possibly. No one knows for sure, as you must realize. Troy's hippie mode training? Could very well be somewhat of a potential element. Had he mixed in some squats with his hippie board stuff? Who knows? Maybe it would have made him less likely to blow out his calf every other play.

The point is: Pgh seems to shy away from free weight training. And it doesn't seem like the best of ideas. Many of you have worked out with free weights and realize it is a tremendous aid in many ways. We don't even fully understand why, but we know it is far superior to ANY machine work.

hammy injuries are avoided by stretching.

getting them too big (or tight) by ligtingis increasing the chance of a "pull" when running

lloydroid
02-19-2013, 07:22 PM

getting them too big (or tight) by ligtingis increasing the chance of a "pull" when running

You are right, but can't you strengthen hammies so they are less likely to go? I know making them tighter makes them more at risk, but, there must be a reason why those coming off inactivity tend to pull them more often than those who have been working out all along. And, Woodley sure doesn't look like someone who is doing many sprints or lifting much. He appears to be a guy doing very little work out wise.

Eddie Spaghetti
02-19-2013, 08:13 PM
You are right, but can't you strengthen hammies so they are less likely to go?

why don't you ask your imaginary training friend and report back?

D Rock
02-19-2013, 08:32 PM
you want the reason for Woodley's hammy pulls?

That ninja kick crap he does after a sack. Probably started there and just kept getting worse.

BURGH86STEEL
02-19-2013, 08:36 PM

A study suggests that stretching doesn't prevent injuries.

BURGH86STEEL
02-19-2013, 08:43 PM
I don't think anyone can say with 100 percent certainty that free weights are better then other forms of strength training. It boils down to what works an individual.

People will continue to search high and low looking for reasons for injuries. Football is a sport where injuries can't be avoided regardless of the training. The human body wasn't made to endure the punishment that happens out on the football field. The answer is right in front of people and they are still blind to the facts.

lloydroid
02-19-2013, 09:36 PM
I don't think anyone can say with 100 percent certainty that free weights are better then other forms of strength training. It boils down to what works an individual.

I don't know. I feel secure in saying training with free weights is more effective than using single-plane machines. Call it an opinion if you wish, but having to balance free weights during lifts have beneficial qualities; it not only makes you develop your core but also the muscle chains.

People will continue to search high and low looking for reasons for injuries. Football is a sport where injuries can't be avoided regardless of the training. The human body wasn't made to endure the punishment that happens out on the football field. The answer is right in front of people and they are still blind to the facts.

To a degree you are right, but there is a reason why some players rarely get injured when others do: DNA, training methods and style of play. The great LT was said to never lift weights. Does that mean not lifting is the answer? Does that mean for him, he was better because he didn't lift, or would he have been even BETTER if he had? It has been mentioned that Fat Boy Woodley didn't touch weights last season - how did he do again? How often did Jerry Rice or Walton Peyton get injured, to a degree where they missed game? Almost never. If Ben would hit the weights a little bit, would he be better or worse? Injured more or less?

The bottom line is it appears Pgh doesn't do much free weight training and in my opinion, it is hurting their results on the field and adding to players in hot tubs.

lloydroid
02-19-2013, 09:36 PM

That ninja kick crap he does after a sack. Probably started there and just kept getting worse.

Actually, every time I see him do that I think he is on the verge of hurting himself. You might not be totally wrong on this one.

supersteeler
02-19-2013, 09:45 PM
lloydroid,
You may want to take your theory down to the Steelers FO, I'm sure they will be all ears.:)

calmkiller
02-20-2013, 08:35 AM

You have been here for 6 months and you already have 1632 posts. From what I have seen from your posts its a lot of hot air. Maybe you should post more quality and less quantity.

lloydroid
02-20-2013, 02:43 PM
lloydroid,
You may want to take your theory down to the Steelers FO, I'm sure they will be all ears.:)

That's basically among the lamest response on football boards. You could say that about every single opinion ever posted. "Go tell the FO, I am sure they would want to listen to your opinions." I could say the same thing about every single thing you post on. But I don't feel the need to go immediately to the lowest level of content. There is nothing special about laying in the mud with pigs. Oh, and unlike your blathering, I actually have knowledge on the subject.

lloydroid
02-20-2013, 02:45 PM
You have been here for 6 months and you already have 1632 posts. From what I have seen from your posts its a lot of hot air. Maybe you should post more quality and less quantity.

A WVU fan? OK, I can see how you don't realize some are fast thinkers. It's OK. I've been to WVU.

D Rock
02-20-2013, 07:17 PM
A WVU fan? OK, I can see how you don't realize some are fast thinkers. It's OK. I've been to WVU.

and once again you move to calling someone an idiot

lloydroid
02-21-2013, 02:40 PM
and once again you move to calling someone an idiot

Ignoring what I was responding to once again? How convenient. You are a one-trick pony, per usual. Let's just forget the part of the initial personal attack, shall we? Oh, and the list of your ad hominem attacks is long and bloated.

AngryAsian
02-21-2013, 03:43 PM
I know... its like passing by a MVA on the side of the road, you can't help but look. Trying to engage in debate with a narcissist is futile. Entertaining mind you, but inevitably futile.

D Rock
02-21-2013, 07:11 PM
Ignoring what I was responding to once again? How convenient. You are a one-trick pony, per usual. Let's just forget the part of the initial personal attack, shall we? Oh, and the list of your ad hominem attacks is long and bloated.

really? please show me this list, because I really don't think it exists.

lloydroid
02-21-2013, 07:39 PM
really? please show me this list, because I really don't think it exists.

Just the ad hominem attacks on me alone would suffice.

D Rock
02-21-2013, 07:40 PM
Just the ad hominem attacks on me alone would suffice.

that's what I thought.

lloydroid
02-21-2013, 07:42 PM
When I was benching a few nights ago, I could really feel all the connecting muscles, other than the prime muscle group (pecs), forming chains and really contributing to each rep. I can see how using free weight, for football training, is quite superior to using machines with a fixed, single plane. I think the Steelers would really benefit by increasing the amount of free weight work, but NOT going heavy in the power rack during the season. I really hope they will take a serious look at this.

7 UP
02-21-2013, 07:49 PM
When I was benching a few nights ago, I could really feel all the connecting muscles, other than the prime muscle group (pecs), forming chains and really contributing to each rep. I can see how using free weight, for football training, is quite superior to using machines with a fixed, single plane. I think the Steelers would really benefit by increasing the amount of free weight work, but NOT going heavy in the power rack during the season. I really hope they will take a serious look at this.

Im not even sure why I found this particular post so hilarious. But I just nearly spit powerade all over my monitor. So rare to find the perfect blend of conceded, retarded, and ridiculous.

lloydroid
02-21-2013, 08:05 PM
Im not even sure why I found this particular post so hilarious. But I just nearly spit powerade all over my monitor. So rare to find the perfect blend of conceded, retarded, and ridiculous.

Your post breaks board rules, but it won't matter unless mods bother to enforce board rules.

fordfixer
02-21-2013, 08:13 PM
Your post breaks board rules, but it won't matter unless mods bother to enforce board rules.
So you would like the board rules enforced?

D Rock
02-21-2013, 08:13 PM

I don't know why you constantly complain about that, you break the rules too and are allowed to stay around.

two wrongs don't make a right, and just because you feel attacked by everything doesn't mean you don't break the rules towards others as well.

lloydroid
02-21-2013, 08:18 PM
I don't know why you constantly complain about that, you break the rules too and are allowed to stay around.

two wrongs don't make a right, and just because you feel attacked by everything doesn't mean you don't break the rules towards others as well.

You are making assumption. Read what I post. I see when you guys do, you claim they are ad hominem attacks but more often than not, you are not even offering actual examples. There is a difference between name calling and debate. I don't flat out name call as you and yours do. There is a difference. And I am NEVER the one who starts that off topic crap. I NEVER start it.

7 UP
02-21-2013, 08:24 PM

Im not even attacking you. Cmon man. Re-read that post. That was over the top even for you

Tell us how your veins were feeling while you were lifting. Were they constricting? Did sweat slowly drip down your brow as you basked in the satisfaction of another hard workout? If only you could train Troy he would play till hes 60. Nothing prevents injuries like the free weight bench press.

D Rock
02-21-2013, 08:28 PM
You are making assumption. Read what I post. I see when you guys do, you claim they are ad hominem attacks but more often than not, you are not even offering actual examples. There is a difference between name calling and debate. I don't flat out name call as you and yours do. There is a difference. And I am NEVER the one who starts that off topic crap. I NEVER start it.

Actually, I posted a set of quotes between you and Ovi the other day in which you certainly did start it. It was right before your post about how you were leaving.

And making claims of ad hominem attacks? You're the only one who cares about that, and the only one who makes those claims for the most part. You don't debate, you don't name call either. You try to hide your attacks in thinly and poorly veiled references to the intelligence of others because you aren't man enough to come out and say anything directly.

lloydroid
02-21-2013, 08:41 PM
Im not even attacking you. Cmon man. Re-read that post. That was over the top even for you

OK, I will.

So rare to find the perfect blend of conceded, retarded, and ridiculous.

OK, I re-read it. And.................?????

the perfect blend of conceded, retarded, and ridiculous.

Slapstick
02-21-2013, 10:22 PM
I agree...retarded is an offensive word...

You should have just typed "stupid"...

Eddie Spaghetti
02-21-2013, 11:14 PM
lyoidroid comes off as a small petulant child.

its pointless to even engage him.

flippy
02-21-2013, 11:47 PM
I agree...retarded is an offensive word...

You should have just typed "stupid"...

I've been told it's offense, but I also hear a lot of people use the term. I think it depends on how it's used. If it's used as a synonym of stupid, then it's offensive. But I think it's acceptable to use it to mean drunk or high like the Black Eyed Peas song from only a few years ago.

Unless it's become socially unacceptable entirely in just the last 5 years.

I can't keep up with political correctness. It changes so often. If people just mean no harm in what they say, I think anything's ok. Because in a sense it's just as offensive to call someone stupid if you are using it as a euphemism for retarded.

Maybe we can just outlaw adjectives completely. And you can never refer to anyone using any descriptive word. Because any word can have a negative connotation.

Slapstick
02-22-2013, 07:00 AM
I've been told it's offense, but I also hear a lot of people use the term. I think it depends on how it's used. If it's used as a synonym of stupid, then it's offensive. But I think it's acceptable to use it to mean drunk or high like the Black Eyed Peas song from only a few years ago.

Unless it's become socially unacceptable entirely in just the last 5 years.

I can't keep up with political correctness. It changes so often. If people just mean no harm in what they say, I think anything's ok. Because in a sense it's just as offensive to call someone stupid if you are using it as a euphemism for retarded.

Maybe we can just outlaw adjectives completely. And you can never refer to anyone using any descriptive word. Because any word can have a negative connotation.

Generally, if one simply does their best to be respectful (particularly to those who have earned it), there is nothing to worry about...

Political correctness usually takes care of itself in that case...

But, it's difficult to be respectful to someone if they haven't earned it...or if they seem to be actively working in the opposite direction...

7 UP
02-22-2013, 12:33 PM
I have no regret of my word choice and felt it was appropriate in the context it was used. My only apology is to those with learning disabilities that were wrongfully compared to the creator of this thread.

Slapstick
02-22-2013, 12:40 PM
I have no regret of my word choice and felt it was appropriate in the context it was used. My only apology is to those with learning disabilities that were wrongful compared to the creator of this thread.

My original response was facetious...

Flippy just kicked it up a notch...

Captain Lemming
02-22-2013, 01:20 PM
OK, I will.

OK, I re-read it. And.................?????

The line starts with "I found this particular post..."
While, there are better word choices than "retarded" (not for your sake but its use period in this context) 7up very clearly attacked the content of your post.

While, I am not a moderator, there would seem to be a difference between "you are such an idiot" (a clear personal attack) and "that is the most idiotic thing I have ever read" which goes after the content of a post.

Now I understand that the very nature of your post Ldroid, makes the attack on that particular post feel essentially like a personal attack, but I dont see how you moderate out this kind of thing when this forum is filled with spirited debates, and all posts are fair game.

feltdizz
02-22-2013, 01:37 PM
When I was benching a few nights ago...

ha ha ............

now all you need do is find 21 other guys with your awesomeness and dedication and play full contact football in pads for 60 minutes and see if you remain healthy. Then do it again for 4 to 6 weeks and report back.

lloydroid
02-22-2013, 03:20 PM
lyoidroid comes off as a small petulant child.

its pointless to even engage him.

Coming from the guy who appears to have never made it past the 7th grade. Those govt. checks still coming in?

lloydroid
02-22-2013, 03:52 PM
The line starts with "I found this particular post..."
While, there are better word choices than "retarded" (not for your sake but its use period in this context) 7up very clearly attacked the content of your post.

While, I am not a moderator, there would seem to be a difference between "you are such an idiot" (a clear personal attack) and "that is the most idiotic thing I have ever read" which goes after the content of a post.

Now I understand that the very nature of your post Ldroid, makes the attack on that particular post feel essentially like a personal attack, but I dont see how you moderate out this kind of thing when this forum is filled with spirited debates, and all posts are fair game.

No, I am definitely not making my true opinion clear. I wouldn't care if there was a policy where all out flame wars were allowed or even encouraged. It wouldn't bother me one bit. I have been on a few boards (which I don't even think exist, 1 doesn't for sure that I know of) where half the posts were nothing more than flames. And, there was really some good entertainment value there, but it could get tedious at some points. The only reason I make mention of those offering ad hominem attacks here is because the mods sent me PMs over ridiculously lame stuff. For instance, after making another correct prediction, I posted, "If anyone wants more predictions from me, you can get them by paying me for them." Do you really think that I thought that there was anyone on God's green earth who was going to pay me for predictions? It was an overly obvious joke. And yet, a mod PMd me wanting to know what I charged, all in an attempt to prove I was soliciting business and that was against board rules. For realz? Serious? Really? They have also pestered me on "personal attacks" even though you can't find one instance where I started any of that; I am reactionary in each and every case.

So, in all honesty, the personal attack stuff rolls off me like water off a duck's back. But if they are going to give me crap about it, why do they just let others go hog wild? Inconsistent. If you are going to create board rules, apply them evenly, or not at all, but don't apply them selectively. That's the only reason I ever bring it up at all.

7 UP
02-22-2013, 04:06 PM
For instance, after making another correct prediction, I posted, "If anyone wants more predictions from me, you can get them by paying me for them." And yet, a mod PMd me wanting to know what I charged, all in an attempt to prove I was soliciting business and that was against board rules.

Bwahahahahah. Now thats funny!! I also would like to know how much you charge for your correct predictions. Do you accept payment plans?

feltdizz
02-22-2013, 06:02 PM
Bwahahahahah. Now thats funny!! I also would like to know how much you charge for your correct predictions. Do you accept payment plans?

This guy takes himself so serious he cant see the jokes.

lloydroid
02-23-2013, 07:40 PM

Shhhhhh, I will be kicked off for attempting solicitation if I give you my picks for pay. I just know so many are going to want to pay me for my picks. It's completely believable. :rolleyes:

lloydroid
02-23-2013, 07:40 PM
This guy takes himself so serious he cant see the jokes.

No, the joke is actually on you.

docsteelholiday
09-09-2013, 07:45 AM

So, I was right in that something in their training was likely to be adding to injuries, but it was the exact opposite of what I thought. It appears Pgh is pretty lax in what they require players to do in the weight room, and they are under the false belief that cutting out most all of free weights is safer. They are not benefiting from the stabilizing effect of free weight training, as all other clubs are.It has Nothing to do with weights, its ALL about TALENT! 2 to 3 yrs before we are competitive again

flippy
09-09-2013, 08:37 AM
It has Nothing to do with weights, its ALL about TALENT! 2 to 3 yrs before we are competitive again

What's gonna make us magically competitive in 2 or 3 years? There seems to be 0 basis for that prediction.

Sword
09-09-2013, 08:42 AM
Get some Pilates trainers in there besides changing there weight training...they do have a serious problem...

flippy
09-09-2013, 08:43 AM
Get some Pilates trainers in there besides changing there weight training...they do have a serious problem...

Just make everyone do whatever Ike does.

TomlintheClown
09-09-2013, 10:22 AM
What's gonna make us magically competitive in 2 or 3 years? There seems to be 0 basis for that prediction.

Tomlin will be gone (fingers crossed). It didn't take Carroll and Harbaugh long to turn around the Seahawks and 49ers. We just need a coach not a "Rooney Rule example." Someone who can actually can evaluate talent, hire the right coordinators, get their team ready to play, make halftime adjustments and make the right in game decisions. Tomlin has zero of that.

Captain Lemming
09-09-2013, 10:56 AM

While that is the most STUPID looking awkward celebrations ever, it comes after A SACK. Definitely not the cause of his recent injuries. :)

Slapstick
09-09-2013, 12:01 PM
It didn't take Carroll and Harbaugh long to turn around the Seahawks and 49ers.

After inheriting a team with several years of high draft picks, I would hope not...

noitall0605
09-09-2013, 12:37 PM
After inheriting a team with several years of high draft picks, I would hope not...

Those teams are talented- look at every position. Those teams are solid. Their scouting Dept have kicked ass- the Steelers scouting dept has missed a bunch the last couple years.