anybody play in the NFL?
anyone have a family member in the NFL?
friend in NFL?
coach or have coached in NFL?
relative that is/has coached in NFL?
friend of a parent of an NFL player?
work in the NFl?
relative or friend work in the NFL?

with all the talk and speculation that happens on this message board(and every other for that matter), is there anyone here that has any actual connection to the steelers or any other NFL team?

ME= my coworker is the step mother to a currect steeler
i have another coworker that is the step brother of a former NFL player

RuthlessBurgher
02-08-2013, 05:06 PM
It was very cool when we had Mike Lorello's dad on the board when the former WVU Mountaineer spent a couple of training camps (and possibly practice squads...I forget) with us a few years back.

I have no connections personally, but there is someone on here who claims to have been inside the weight room at the Steeler practice facility (fo wheel!). I would say more, but I don't want anyone accusing me of making ad hominem attacks or straw man arguments. ;)

phillyesq
02-08-2013, 05:37 PM
My Mom routinely runs into Jason Gildon and she sees a bunch of the other Steelers at the gym in the offseason from time to time including, among others, Ziggy and Chris Hoke. This great connection has yielded zero inside information for me.

phillyesq
02-08-2013, 05:40 PM
It was very cool when we had Mike Lorello's dad on the board when the former WVU Mountaineer spent a couple of training camps (and possibly practice squads...I forget) with us a few years back.

I have no connections personally, but there is someone on here who claims to have been inside the weight room at the Steeler practice facility (fo wheel!). I would say more, but I don't want anyone accusing me of making ad hominem attacks or straw man arguments. ;)

Was very cool when Lorello's dad was a poster. Jim Wexell also used to post on the old trib forum under a different name.

SS Laser
02-08-2013, 06:12 PM
I went to school/graduated with a front office person who is good friends with someone I grow up with and is like family. The only perk for me is I went to camp in place of my friend last year. My friend gets a few other perks, games and such. It is really cool for my friend, but feels funny asking for anything. So if there is no offer my friend won't ask. I give my friend a hard time about it. No "inside info" ever though. :(

Mister Pittsburgh
02-08-2013, 06:35 PM
on our steelers or any NFL team?

anybody play in the NFL?
anyone have a family member in the NFL?
friend in NFL?
coach or have coached in NFL?
relative that is/has coached in NFL?
friend of a parent of an NFL player?
work in the NFl?
relative or friend work in the NFL?

with all the talk and speculation that happens on this message board(and every other for that matter), is there anyone here that has any actual connection to the steelers or any other NFL team?

ME= my coworker is the step mother to a currect steeler
i have another coworker that is the step brother of a former NFL player

What players step momma you work with?

Jooser
02-08-2013, 06:53 PM
Legursky's dad is a regular at my brother-in-law's barber shop. The only inside scoop I've ever gotten was a heads up few years ago that Legs was gonna make the final cut prior to camp closing.

feltdizz
02-08-2013, 07:49 PM
I'm good friends with a guy who played with Ty Law and is cool with Revis and Baldwin. No inside scoop though...

lloydroid
02-08-2013, 07:50 PM
Yes, but you didn't list my correct option.

pfelix73
02-08-2013, 08:29 PM
I know Jeff Blake, Robert Jones, (who are brother-in-laws) and John Jett- all retired now. And a few other former ECU players who play/ played in the NFL who shall remain nameless-lol.. OK, I said enough..

Oops- Forgot- haven't seen him in ages, but I know Scott Fitzkee too.

Sorry- presently, no Steelers

supersteeler
02-08-2013, 08:45 PM
I met James Harrison a year ago, he was nice enough to take a pic with me and a friend. I didn't ask him any specific questions regarding the Steelers, heck I thought it was cool just to get a pic.
I had his 92 Super Bowl jersey on so that might have helped getting a shot with him.
Anyway, even if someone knew a player on a personal basis I doubt that player is going to divulge inside info, where it could get out to the public.

flippy
02-08-2013, 10:16 PM
I've known a handful of guys over the years - mostly nobodies. A guy with a SuperBowl ring. Another who I played basketball with prior to his time in the NFL. Another I met after his NFL days.

They all had good stories. But I never hung out with anyone who was playing for the Steelers that had any inside info at the time. And I suspect the only guys that really know much of anything would be Rooney, Colbert, or Tomlin. So you'd need an in with one of those guys.

Actually a friend of mine went to school with Tomlin. She showed me some old pics when the Steelers first hired him because she knows I'm a fan. But it's not like she kept in touch with him - although I did ask if she could hook me up with some tickets. :smile:

When I lived in Pittsburgh, I do remember meeting quite a few players in and around town. The coolest guys played for the Penguins and we'd always run into a group of them at a few bars all the time during Jagr's early career. He was nuts. If the internet and cell phones were as prevalent back then as they are today, he would have gotten in so much more trouble than Ben.

I also remember meeting a lot of guys around Latrobe during training camp or at the airports. I'd be curious if guys are as approachable/friendly now given the media, twitter, youtube, etc. Any of the people I've known, I've never pestered for inside info. Back then it was just cool to know somebody. It's been close to 20 years since I've lived in Pittsburgh and times have changed. But back then, I remember players kinda like normal people. But there's no way these guys could act normal unless they're complete unknowns.

Shaker
02-08-2013, 10:30 PM
I have no connections personally, but there is someone on here who claims to have been inside the weight room at the Steeler practice facility (fo wheel!). I would say more, but I don't want anyone accusing me of making ad hominem attacks or straw man arguments. Very funny Ruthless

D Rock
02-08-2013, 11:28 PM
My cousin and her ex-husband used to hang out with Faneca and I think maybe Keisel? quite a bit. A highschool friend of mine regularly babysat for Jerame Tuman.

Me? I lived down the road from Gary Anderson and my mom did some sewing for him or his wife. I saw Faneca at the movie theater, and Max Starks walking in to Target. I delivered flowers to Aaron Smith and Heath Miller's houses. My mom delivered flowers to a bunch of other guys on a weekly basis. I think Rod Woodson helped jump our car in a WalMart parking lot when I was very very young.

I'm totally connected.

NJ-STEELER
02-08-2013, 11:41 PM
My Mom routinely runs into Jason Gildon and she sees a bunch of the other Steelers at the gym in the offseason from time to time including, among others, Ziggy and Chris Hoke. This great connection has yielded zero inside information for me.

if ziggy goes to the same gym as your mom, then i think we've found what's wrong with the guy ;)

costanza2k1
02-09-2013, 12:07 AM
I once drank beer with Dwight White for 3 hours with a bunch Steelers players in the room after the 75 year anniversary award show. Very random. Oh and I walked around wearing the head of securities SB 40 ring on. Best night of my life! Other than that I just have "sources" like most of the local media :D

Chadman
02-09-2013, 12:50 AM
Chadman has taps on both Tomlin & Colbert's phones, but other than that, nothing.

SDSteel1
02-09-2013, 01:58 AM
I played ball and went to college with the last CFO of the NFL, I also played ball with an OC for one of the teams in Florida. My sister dated and almost married one of Brett Favre's centers a few years back. I just ran into Robert Griffith who I played Pop Warner with and High School ball against at a function thrown by Marshall Faulk. The strength coach for the Super bowl Champs was my strength coach in college, and I currently coach pop warner with a guy who played for Andy Reid at UTEP and was Sean Kuglers roommate on the road in college, and my son who just got certified as a personal trainer worked out with a current d line man for the Detroit Lions today....and yet I have no inside information on anything.:)

SteelBucks
02-09-2013, 03:22 AM
I have a family member that plays for the Pats. I know, I know...I'm as disgusted as you are! :D

Jooser
02-09-2013, 07:00 AM
I do know Carl Lee and Randy Moss. Moss's mother lives right across the street from my uncle, back in West by-God Virginia.

MeetJoeGreene
02-09-2013, 09:53 AM
if ziggy goes to the same gym as your mom, then i think we've found what's wrong with the guy ;)

:D.

... but then again.. we haven't seen his mother ..

http://cdn2.listsoplenty.com/listsoplenty-cdn/uploads/2010/03/female-body-builder.jpg

MeetJoeGreene
02-09-2013, 09:55 AM
........ I delivered flowers to Aaron Smith and Heath Miller's houses. ......

I'm totally connected.

Maybe your user name should be D Rose.

Did you really think no one would comment on THAT zinger?

feltdizz
02-09-2013, 11:24 AM
Almost forgot... in HS Jim Hasletts brothers were basketball and football coaches. I also have a good friend who's older brother coached on the Ravens for a few years. He introduced us to Dungy at Latrobe back in the late 80's.

D Rock
02-09-2013, 12:01 PM
Maybe your user name should be D Rose.

Did you really think no one would comment on THAT zinger?

money is money my good sir

D Rock
02-09-2013, 12:03 PM
Almost forgot... in HS Jim Hasletts brothers were basketball and football coaches. I also have a good friend who's older brother coached on the Ravens for a few years. He introduced us to Dungy at Latrobe back in the late 80's.

I forgot about Haslett too...he used to live next door to our best family friends, so my family has been to neighborhood parties with them and things like that.

Crazy isn't it...none of these guys we all have some connections to ever talk about work outside of work.....

RuthlessBurgher
02-09-2013, 01:13 PM
money is money my good sir

I once delivered a pizza to Mitch "Wild Thing" Williams back in the day (too bad it wasn't Ricky "Wild Thing" Vaughn instead).

Jigawatts
02-09-2013, 05:47 PM
I once delivered a pizza to Mitch "Wild Thing" Williams back in the day (too bad it wasn't Ricky "Wild Thing" Vaughn instead).

When you dropped off the pizza did you act like you were rounding the bases like Joe Carter?:D

thor75
02-09-2013, 06:48 PM
One of my co-workers went to high school with Brett Keisel and they go hunting a lot in Wyoming. I'm currently in Antarctica and I brought my terrible towel of course. We took some pics from one of the field camps with the towel and sent them to Brett. He said they don't talk much football though.

fordfixer
02-09-2013, 09:12 PM
Our youth pastor's wife's mom is good friends with Bens stepmom.

Djfan
02-09-2013, 09:53 PM
I used to have Rich Tylski in my youth group when I lived in San Diego. His dad and I are still good friends. His connection to the Steelers has been destroyed due to his legal issues. He never got me tickets. I was so bummed. He knew that I was a huge fan, too.

Chucktownsteeler
02-10-2013, 09:54 AM
We used to have "TMC" that knew Vince Young and Limus Sweed, but he is gone. Didn't Jimbo Covert used to stop by here from time to time?

snarky
02-10-2013, 10:45 AM
Jerry Olsavsky's dog tried to bite me once. (True story)

snarky
02-10-2013, 10:47 AM
Oh, and Lynn Swann shot me with a squirt gun at a bar. (Forgot about that one.)

phillyesq
02-10-2013, 11:33 AM
:D.

... but then again.. we haven't seen his mother ..

http://cdn2.listsoplenty.com/listsoplenty-cdn/uploads/2010/03/female-body-builder.jpg

Well played.

Yeah, I guess I should have mentioned, they do have slightly different routines... :p

Chucktownsteeler
02-10-2013, 12:24 PM
Well played.

Yeah, I guess I should have mentioned, they do have slightly different routines... :p
Is this John Pavesi's wife?

feltdizz
02-10-2013, 12:30 PM
My wife worked at Macy's in Charlotte for a few months when we first moved here. She worked with Hines Ward's aunt. Said he biught her house and told her about his pending divorce a few years ago.

Chucktownsteeler
02-10-2013, 02:06 PM
I met Hines at a mall outside Charlotte 2 years back. Great guy and very down to earth.

rpmpit
02-11-2013, 02:34 PM
I have a "special" relationship with Coach Lebeau. I really don't want to discuss it here :oops:

But seriously, met Coach LeBeau last year at training camp. Had a great conversation with him about Lloyd - I was wearing his jersey. Also took a pic with Armpit Jr. and signed his football. A great day at camp!

RuthlessBurgher
02-11-2013, 02:47 PM
I have a "special" relationship with Coach Lebeau. I really don't want to discuss it here :oops:

But seriously, met Coach LeBeau last year at training camp. Had a great conversation with him about Lloyd - I was wearing his jersey. Also took a pic with Armpit Jr. and signed his football. A great day at camp!

It's okay that you had a "special" relationship with coach LeBeau (as long as it wasn't a "special" relationship with another defensive coordinator in central PA, you're okay). :shock:

RuthlessBurgher
02-11-2013, 02:49 PM
I'm currently in Antarctica.

Internet access in Antarctica. Sweet. Say hi to the Penguins for me.

rpmpit
02-11-2013, 02:54 PM
It's okay that you had a "special" relationship with coach LeBeau (as long as it wasn't a "special" relationship with another defensive coordinator in central PA, you're okay). :shock:

Funny. Though the thought of that guy makes me sick. So thanks for making me sick :mad:

steelerkeylargo
02-11-2013, 03:19 PM
nope:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

squidkid
02-11-2013, 04:11 PM
I played ball and went to college with the last CFO of the NFL, I also played ball with an OC for one of the teams in Florida. My sister dated and almost married one of Brett Favre's centers a few years back. I just ran into Robert Griffith who I played Pop Warner with and High School ball against at a function thrown by Marshall Faulk. The strength coach for the Super bowl Champs was my strength coach in college, and I currently coach pop warner with a guy who played for Andy Reid at UTEP and was Sean Kuglers roommate on the road in college, and my son who just got certified as a personal trainer worked out with a current d line man for the Detroit Lions today....and yet I have no inside information on anything.:)

i think you are the winner

ikestops85
02-12-2013, 01:16 PM
I used to serve pie to Jon Kolb when he came into the restaurant I worked at. That guy was massive. He would leave me tips but no inside information. :cool:

squidkid
02-12-2013, 04:37 PM
i also worked with a cousin of jerome bettis. she was on a different shift from me tho. the cousing invited another coworker of mine down to jeromes mom and dads after a preseason game, i believe, between pitt and detroit. the cooworker took my bettis jersey with her. jerome showed up at mom and dads afeter the game and signed a bunch of stuff for my cooworker friends. she said jerome and his pareents were the nicest people you could imagine.

SDSteel1
02-13-2013, 01:55 AM
i think you are the winner

What's really funny is I have been taking IGF-1 the Deer antler stuff for the last 2 years. I was talking about it with my son who was doing the training, and he was approached by some other guys in the league who would like to purchase from me and my connection. I'm checking to see whether I can private label it or not tomorrow morning. I could be the next Balco! hahaha. I also used to play high school ball against TD Tommy Vardell, and I run into Scott Sheilds every summer at the OMBAC OTL championships, and played against him a couple of years ago....and I still have no inside information.....except I did recently hear Cam Newton is a prick.

BradshawsHairdresser
02-13-2013, 09:38 AM
I did recently hear Cam Newton is a prick.
I didn't need any inside information to figure that out...

Mister Pittsburgh
02-13-2013, 12:27 PM
What's really funny is I have been taking IGF-1 the Deer antler stuff for the last 2 years. I was talking about it with my son who was doing the training, and he was approached by some other guys in the league who would like to purchase from me and my connection. I'm checking to see whether I can private label it or not tomorrow morning. I could be the next Balco! hahaha. I also used to play high school ball against TD Tommy Vardell, and I run into Scott Sheilds every summer at the OMBAC OTL championships, and played against him a couple of years ago....and I still have no inside information.....except I did recently hear Cam Newton is a prick.

IGF-1 seem to help you? What have your results from it been, and what did you start taking it for? I tore both MCL's at one time about 4 years ago and they kill me. I was pitcher all my life through college and my shoulder kills me. I looked at IGF-1 spray a few years ago but never spent the money as I didn't know if it actually worked. So...does it work and is it worth the money? Would one of those bottles that cost 70 bucks from that SWAT place last a month?

SDSteel1
02-13-2013, 11:04 PM
IGF-1 seem to help you? What have your results from it been, and what did you start taking it for? I tore both MCL's at one time about 4 years ago and they kill me. I was pitcher all my life through college and my shoulder kills me. I looked at IGF-1 spray a few years ago but never spent the money as I didn't know if it actually worked. So...does it work and is it worth the money? Would one of those bottles that cost 70 bucks from that SWAT place last a month?

I have been taking the product for about 2 years. I am in my 40's, and I work out hard 4 days a week and it helps with my recovery and my lean body mass. I have moved from taking a spray product from off the shelf, to a extra strong prescription type product where the purity and the strength are about 10-15 times stronger than what I started taking 2 years ago. It's like the fountain of youth formula. But I went through about 4 different companies and 2 years of research to find this company and product.

So, yes I feel it works, but I am paying $150-$200 per bottle....a months supply, but the new stuff should be better than what Ray Ray was taking to heal his bicep.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
02-14-2013, 01:50 PM
I used to serve pie to Jon Kolb when he came into the restaurant I worked at. That guy was massive. He would leave me tips but no inside information. :cool:

By "tips" do you mean information like "Bet against the Steelers this weekend. Their linemen are too fat and slow from eating too much pie"? ;)

Captain Lemming
02-14-2013, 05:52 PM
My sister in laws grandmother came from the same country as Hines Wards mom. So it is not beyond the realm of possibility that they went to the same elementary school.

Unfortunately my sister-in-laws grandmother never gave me any inside Steeler info

NorthCoast
02-16-2013, 10:19 AM
I grew up a few houses away from and knew the Steelers No. 1a draft pick in 1989. Sadly, he was a bust.

squidkid
02-16-2013, 10:28 AM
so it sounds official. not one of us on this site has any insight into anything steelers.

thor75
02-17-2013, 07:01 AM
Internet access in Antarctica. Sweet. Say hi to the Penguins for me.

OK Will do.

flippy
02-18-2013, 08:59 AM
so it sounds official. not one of us on this site has any insight into anything steelers.

I read planetsteelers daily.