PDA

View Full Version : NO ONE has answered this, our OL injuries waiting to happen

lloydroid
02-07-2013, 05:11 PM
As I was watching the Super Bowl, and obvious trend played out in front of my two eyes: Both SF and Balt. could run plays and fully expect their OL men to not fall down with an injury every other play. They are able to play football and not suffer injuries all over the OL. As a matter of fact, I believe SF has played EVERY DOWN this year with the exact same OL in tact. EVERY down.

We have ALL lamented over our OL injuries. but I want to know why; why do our OLmen regularly fall down to injury? What is Pgh doing wrong? I am no longer going to write it off to just bad luck. There must be a reason Pgh has so many injuries. What kind of training do they have these guys doing? Are they over-working them in the weight room, leading to injuries? I have yet to hear what Pgh does specifically in the weight room, which could lead to this. For instance, do they have the fellas lifting free weights, in the power rack (squats, dead lifts) adding further stress to their legs. leading to injuries from over-working the knees, ankles, etc? Some trainers/coaches believe hitting heavy weights during the season, and preseason for that matter, just puts too much stress on the joints, ligaments, etc. and will lead to injuries. Are the Steelers clueless on this front? It is highly possible, as something is being done fricked up to make so many injuries occur.

Oviedo
02-07-2013, 05:12 PM
You're right. Steelers are just screwed up and not as good as other teams. We should just fire Colbert, Tomlin and the rest of the coaches. Start all over.

lloydroid
02-07-2013, 05:24 PM
You're right. Steelers are just screwed up and not as good as other teams. We should just fire Colbert, Tomlin and the rest of the coaches. Start all over.

Why are you resorting to a straw man argument, intellectual dishonesty and not addressing the specific subject of the post? Anyone can deal in straw man arguments, as they are the weakest, least intelligent form of discussion. Stick to the subject at hand, or shut your stink hole.

supersteeler
02-07-2013, 05:40 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers investigate 2012 spate of injuries
By Sian Cowper, Reporter
Filed: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 at 15:15 UK
Last Updated: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 at 22:24 UK
The Pittsburgh Steelers have said that they will look into why so many players sustained injuries during the 2012 season.

Quarterbacks Ben Roethlisberger and Byron Leftwich, safety Troy Polamalu and wide receiver Antonio Brown were among the players to miss multiple games with injuries in the regular season.

Steelers president Art Rooney II told the team's website: "It does happen sort of in cycles, and hopefully we're getting through this cycle. But having said that I don't think we can just sit here and believe we'll come to the end of the cycle.

"We have to look at everything we're doing, and we will look at everything we're doing, from the training and conditioning side of things, from a practice side of things and see if there are things we can do to get better.

"Conditioning is something that's always evolving, people are always coming up with new ideas on how to train, and so we'll look at all of that."

The Steelers missed the playoffs for just the second time in six seasons.

Now ya have it FO wheel:D

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2013/1/11/3862412/2012-pittsburgh-steelers-injuries-injured-reserve-how-many-games-were-actually-lost-missed-playoffs

Quote from a person in the article: Some of the o-line injuries may be attributed to Ben holding the ball at times. This probably increases the chance to get rolled up on from the back side.

lloydroid
02-07-2013, 06:14 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers investigate 2012 spate of injuries
By Sian Cowper, Reporter
Filed: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 at 15:15 UK
Last Updated: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 at 22:24 UK
The Pittsburgh Steelers have said that they will look into why so many players sustained injuries during the 2012 season.

Quarterbacks Ben Roethlisberger and Byron Leftwich, safety Troy Polamalu and wide receiver Antonio Brown were among the players to miss multiple games with injuries in the regular season.

Steelers president Art Rooney II told the team's website: "It does happen sort of in cycles, and hopefully we're getting through this cycle. But having said that I don't think we can just sit here and believe we'll come to the end of the cycle.

"We have to look at everything we're doing, and we will look at everything we're doing, from the training and conditioning side of things, from a practice side of things and see if there are things we can do to get better.

"Conditioning is something that's always evolving, people are always coming up with new ideas on how to train, and so we'll look at all of that."

The Steelers missed the playoffs for just the second time in six seasons.

Now ya have it FO wheel:D

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2013/1/11/3862412/2012-pittsburgh-steelers-injuries-injured-reserve-how-many-games-were-actually-lost-missed-playoffs

Yes, I saw this article, but thanks. Last time I was in the Steelers' weight room, they were doing pretty antiquated work outs, using pyramid schemes with things like bench pressing, etc. Other teams are using much more modern techniques and I was wondering if Pgh has since gone more modern with their way of working out. If they are still having super overweight OLmen hitting it with heavy squats during the season, there is no wonder why they are experiencing so many injuries.

Fo wheel. I did find this about our conditioning coach.

“My training philosophy is to get the midline in shape and then make the circle a little larger and a little larger around the body,” says Garrett Giemont, strength and conditioning coach for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. “When you look at that philosophy and then at Pilates, a trainer can see that it is a great adjunct to what he or she is trying to accomplish from an overall conditioning standpoint.”

One Buccaneer who has seen a difference is punter Josh Bidwell. Bidwell began doing Pilates mat exercises during the 2004 season and statistically had his best overall season. This year he began working on a reformer. “As a punter I put tremendous pressure on my hamstrings, my lower back and my glutes,” says Bidwell. I'm not the most flexible person but Pilates has defiantly lengthened my muscles and increased my agility. I can really feel it in the way I move.” Bidwell had also been bothered by periodic, painful flare-ups in his lower back. But since he started Pilates that trouble has disappeared. “It is completely gone,” says Bidwell.

As costs of amateur and professional sports continue escalating, keeping an athlete on the field and off the injured list becomes paramount. Trainers who implement Pilates as a component to their conditioning programs will see increased results in flexibility, durability and strength.

Says Giemont: “When you take an athlete with a tremendous skill level and then give them the tools of length, strength and balance on a continual basis, it elevates their performance to an entirely new level.”

http://stottpilates.se/aboutus/articles/PilatesTrainerSecret.html

He seemed to be barking up the right tree, for 1998, any how. At least he understands the benefits of training the core. That's a good start. But I hope they aren't having the guys lift heavy during the season; if they are, they can start at fixing the injury problem right there. If they are having the OLmen doing power rack stuff during the year, they are really F-ing up right there. They have to know better than that, right?

Fo wheel

phillyesq
02-07-2013, 06:20 PM
What kind of training do they have these guys doing? Are they over-working them in the weight room, leading to injuries? I have yet to hear what Pgh does specifically in the weight room, which could lead to this. For instance, do they have the fellas lifting free weights, in the power rack (squats, dead lifts) adding further stress to their legs. leading to injuries from over-working the knees, ankles, etc? Some trainers/coaches believe hitting heavy weights during the season, and preseason for that matter, just puts too much stress on the joints, ligaments, etc. and will lead to injuries. Are the Steelers clueless on this front? It is highly possible, as something is being done fricked up to make so many injuries occur.

I have no idea what your qualifications are but I'm pretty sure that the Steelers have a professional training staff.

BigRob
02-07-2013, 06:25 PM
Last time I was in the Steelers' weight room

Ha hahahahahahahaha, funniest joke I've heard all day. Thanks for the laugh.

lloydroid
02-07-2013, 06:33 PM
Ha hahahahahahahaha, funniest joke I've heard all day. Thanks for the laugh.

Give out that huge belly laugh all you want. You'd be embarrassed if you only knew. But live in ignorance. It works for you.

lloydroid
02-07-2013, 06:34 PM
I have no idea what your qualifications are but I'm pretty sure that the Steelers have a professional training staff.

Assume all you want, but at one time, the guy they had in charge of conditioning was more of a pencil pusher than anyone who knew leading edge work out techniques.

BigRob
02-07-2013, 07:37 PM
if you only knew

Only those with truly nothing to boast about use this line. Insecure much?

Shawn
02-07-2013, 07:44 PM
Considering no injuries on the OL is not the norm but rather an exception...I see why SF was successful rather than a question about the Steelers training.

Chadman
02-07-2013, 09:09 PM
Funny how the guy that claims to be in on the Steelers training is the one asking why the Steelers suffer 'all these injuries- maybe it's due to training?'.

Dude- maybe it's you?

bostonsteeler
02-07-2013, 10:27 PM
Funny how the guy that claims to be in on the Steelers training is the one asking why the Steelers suffer 'all these injuries- maybe it's due to training?'.

Dude- maybe it's you?

He didn't claim to be in on the Steelers' training. He claimed to have been in their training room a long time ago.

I've met a couple of guys who claimed to have been in NFL training rooms (and who I believe were telling the truth). They were not NFL players, although they were both related to one. I wouldn't be surprised to find another such on a steelers bboard. They're not as uncommon as you'd think.

D Rock
02-08-2013, 12:49 AM
He didn't claim to be in on the Steelers' training. He claimed to have been in their training room a long time ago.

I've met a couple of guys who claimed to have been in NFL training rooms (and who I believe were telling the truth). They were not NFL players, although they were both related to one. I wouldn't be surprised to find another such on a steelers bboard. They're not as uncommon as you'd think.

funny story along those lines...I found out yesterday that a guy I work with is Drew Butler's uncle.

Shawn
02-08-2013, 12:54 AM

Yeah, I remember Cedrick Wilson's cousin back in the day...now that was comedy. :)

Chadman
02-08-2013, 02:55 AM

True, she could be the sanitary bin cleaner... or the overpaid janitor.

Hadn't considered those options.

SS Laser
02-08-2013, 03:02 AM
I am lost here. The OP is trying to say the Steelers training methods are "old" in this thread. In other threads he makes fun of Troy P. for doing "new" training methods. This is not the OP's first argument I mean posts that go in circles. Boy I hope the mods are really watching.:D He is getting to crash level fast. Time for the ignore button I guess.:rolleyes:

pittpete
02-08-2013, 04:33 AM
I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night:p

phillyesq
02-08-2013, 09:44 AM
Assume all you want, but at one time, the guy they had in charge of conditioning was more of a pencil pusher than anyone who knew leading edge work out techniques.

What are your qualifications? Did you buy P90x? Please share. And thanks for the comic relief.

Shawn
02-08-2013, 01:13 PM
I am lost here. The OP is trying to say the Steelers training methods are "old" in this thread. In other threads he makes fun of Troy P. for doing "new" training methods. This is not the OP's first argument I mean posts that go in circles. Boy I hope the mods are really watching.:D He is getting to crash level fast. Time for the ignore button I guess.:rolleyes:

Don't insult Crash like that. :)

BigRob
02-08-2013, 02:12 PM

I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night. Now I'm qualified to critique the Steelers training staff.

Eddie Spaghetti
02-08-2013, 03:25 PM
hemorrhoids, errrr lyodroid will clear all this up when he gets home from school.

5th grade is tough y'all.

lloydroid
02-08-2013, 03:26 PM
Considering no injuries on the OL is not the norm but rather an exception...I see why SF was successful rather than a question about the Steelers training.

True, but Pgh's history of OL injuries is not the norm either - it is exceptionally high. You DO realize that, right? Therefore, looking into their training and conditioning practices IS appropriate.

lloydroid
02-08-2013, 03:28 PM
hemorrhoids, errrr lyodroid will clear all this up when he gets home from school.

Mods, do you enforce board rules?

lloydroid
02-08-2013, 03:32 PM
I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night. Now I'm qualified to critique the Steelers training staff.

I think anyone paying attention is qualified to question the methods of the Steelers' training as their level of excessive injuries is beyond the norm. SOMETHING needs questioned. Are they doing heavy power rack work during the season? Many experts say this will lead to too many foot, ankle and knee injuries. ARE they doing heavy power rack lifting during the season or not? (It also doesn't help that they let too many players get excessively fat and sloppy, and being a fatso leads to more injuries, as your joints and ligaments have that much more additional stress to contend with.)

lloydroid
02-08-2013, 03:35 PM

Dude- maybe it's you?

Do you have a reading and comprehension problem? Or are you just dealing with straw man arguments? I never said I was "in on the current Steelers training" - on the contrary - I was asking if anyone knew what they were doing, CLEARLY ILLUSTRATING that I did not know their current practices, but rather only their FORMER practices which were not very leading edge. Now, do you want to discuss the ACTUAL POINT or just mindlessly blather about?

Slapstick
02-08-2013, 03:37 PM
True, but Pgh's history of OL injuries is not the norm either - it is exceptionally high. You DO realize that, right? Therefore, looking into their training and conditioning practices IS appropriate.

Neither is the health of the Ravens O-Line and the Niners O-Line the norm...

lloydroid
02-08-2013, 03:38 PM

Hahahhaah, what bothers you is you know you are light years away from any from this, if you can even see your feet. Go ahead and hate; it's all you got, after all.

lloydroid
02-08-2013, 03:40 PM

There are a colossal amount of options you don't consider every day, it would appear.

lloydroid
02-08-2013, 03:48 PM

Let's try to help you. First of all, stop putting words in my mouth; straw man arguments are a sign of weakness. I didn't say their training methods were "old" I merely said that a fairly long time ago, they were and I was QUESTIONING what their current methods were, since there is such an obvious trend of injuries, especially to the big guys. I QUESTIONED what their current training methods were, something that no one in here seems able to answer. Secondly, the two points are not mutually exclusive: It is indeed possible for both points to be true. That is, Steelers MAYBE using antiquated methods AND Troy's past methods may be lacking in their OWN WAY. BOTH points can be true - they can both exist. They are NOT mutually exclusive. Can you grasp this concept? Please try. If Pgh has their big guys training heavy on the power rack during the season, it would be ill advised. If Troy training without any weights heavier than 20 lbs, as it has been reported, that method may be lacking as well. Try to comprehend those points.

Now, does anyone want to actually address the original post or is all you can do is offer ad hominem attacks?

supersteeler
02-08-2013, 03:56 PM
In some instances you can be in the best shape, train well, a good diet too, but if you continue to :HeadBanger, its going to hurt.

steelnavy
02-08-2013, 04:02 PM
Let's try to help you. First of all, stop putting words in my mouth; straw man arguments are a sign of weakness. I didn't say their training methods were "old" I merely said that a fairly long time ago, they were and I was QUESTIONING what their current methods were, since there is such an obvious trend of injuries, especially to the big guys. I QUESTIONED what their current training methods were, something that no one in here seems able to answer. Secondly, the two points are not mutually exclusive: It is indeed possible for both points to be true. That is, Steelers MAYBE using antiquated methods AND Troy's past methods may be lacking in their OWN WAY. BOTH points can be true - they can both exist. They are NOT mutually exclusive. Can you grasp this concept? Please try. If Pgh has their big guys training heavy on the power rack during the season, it would be ill advised. If Troy training without any weights heavier than 20 lbs, as it has been reported, that method may be lacking as well. Try to comprehend those points.

Now, does anyone want to actually address the original post or is all you can do is offer ad hominem attacks?

I don't know much about Lloydroid's background and don't care. But I do agree that the Steelers have had WAY too many injuries on the O-line the past couple of years. It would be nice if some people on here could try harder to hold an intelligent conversation instead of trying to bring the other guy down. I just want to come here for the latest news about my favorite team and don't care to waste my time reading the grade school antics.

BigRob
02-08-2013, 04:17 PM

Hahahhaah, what bothers you is you know you are light years away from any from this

Wow, nice one. I don't know if I will ever get over this one from you. If only I had your gift of prose.

The more you try to impress people, the less impressed they’ll be.

It is more and more funny as you kick and scream like a toddler.

BigRob
02-08-2013, 04:18 PM
I don't know much about Lloydroid's background and don't care. But I do agree that the Steelers have had WAY too many injuries on the O-line the past couple of years. It would be nice if some people on here could try harder to hold an intelligent conversation instead of trying to bring the other guy down. I just want to come here for the latest news about my favorite team and don't care to waste my time reading the grade school antics.

You don't have to read anything. You can also ignore posters whom you find to be tedious. There is a setting for this very thing.

lloydroid
02-08-2013, 04:31 PM
Neither is the health of the Ravens O-Line and the Niners O-Line the norm...

Exactly. So maybe their training methods are superior to the norm. Evidence points to Pgh's being inferior. Could just be luck or lack there of, but it needs looked into.

lloydroid
02-08-2013, 04:33 PM
You don't have to read anything. You can also ignore posters whom you find to be tedious. There is a setting for this very thing.

Coming from the guy who constantly does degrade the discussion into grade school level insults. I asked a perfectly relevant, perfectly meaningful question, and you had to drag it all down to ad hominem attacks, something that the stated board rules disallow. Instead of making people have to use the ignore feature, how about not trying to start ad hominem attacks?

lloydroid
02-08-2013, 04:41 PM
Wow, nice one. I don't know if I will ever get over this one from you. If only I had your gift of prose.

It is more and more funny as you kick and scream like a toddler.

Gee whiz, well someone in this thread is the one turning into grade school insults. I wonder who that person is? I am perfectly secure with the truth of my posts. You? Well, the one dealing with ad hominem attacks is always on the side of the weaker argument. And, just checking into the reality zone, I am guessing that a poster who self proclaims size by inserting "BIG" into his self-given screen name might be the one who is self-aggrandizing; after all, we must all picture some super gargantuan guy since he does incorporate the word "big" into his name. Keep going. Your insecurities become more glaring every post. But, after all, you are "big."

BigRob
02-08-2013, 04:42 PM
Coming from the guy who constantly does degrade the discussion into grade school level insults. I asked a perfectly relevant, perfectly meaningful question, and you had to drag it all down to ad hominem attacks, something that the stated board rules disallow. Instead of making people have to use the ignore feature, how about not trying to start ad hominem attacks?

Anyone is perfectly well suited to ignore me should they choose to do so. Once again, pot meet kettle. You bring it on yourself.

lloydroid
02-08-2013, 04:47 PM

/\ /\ /\ /\ THIS. I don't care that you know my background either. I simply wanted to address a subject worth discussing. There are a few in here that seem to want to go to ad hominem attacks with every post. I thought that was against board rules, but what do I know. This place prides itself of not allowing the petty name calling. But certain posters are seemingly allowed to blow off board rules.

Back to the original topic: What practices do the Steelers employ in the conditioning and training front? Do they have the big guys doing heavy lifts on the power rack, such as squats and dead lifts during the season? Do such practices lead to injuries as many experts in the field contend? Do such practices lead to less recovery resulting in more injuries?

supersteeler
02-08-2013, 04:55 PM
Question: NO ONE has answered this, our OL injuries waiting to happen.

I don't believe anyone can answer that until a detailed investigation is put into play. The FO alluded to the rash of injuries and they also are looking into why they occured on a consistent basis.
Injuries are part of the game as we know, but when you have the amount we had especially on the o-line for the last three years something is wrong, it can't be just by accident.

I think the FO is very concerned about this, and will take the steps to find out the reasons to the best of their ability. The findings could make an impact on reducing these injuries not only for the Steelers but other teams as well.

lloydroid
02-08-2013, 05:17 PM
Question: NO ONE has answered this, our OL injuries waiting to happen.

I don't believe anyone can answer that until a detailed investigation is put into play. The FO alluded to the rash of injuries and they also are looking into why they occured on a consistent basis.
Injuries are part of the game as we know, but when you have the amount we had especially on the o-line for the last three years something is wrong, it can't be just by accident.

I think the FO is very concerned about this, and will take the steps to find out the reasons to the best of their ability. The findings could make an impact on reducing these injuries not only for the Steelers but other teams as well.

Here is this.

http://www.stack.com/2010/11/16/in-season-lifting-for-football-players/

I don't know what they are thinking but they have players lifting the day after a game. Huh? They say "unless you are too sore, and if so wait another 24 hours." Huh? Most NFL players say it takes them an hour just to get out of bed. Who on God's green earth isn't too beat up the day after the game to lift? And this specifies football "pros" so it's not just addressing pee wee players.

But I think it's safe to say: If Pgh is having it's players doing heavy squats, dead lifts and clean and jerks during the season, we can start to figure out their injury problem right there.

lloydroid
02-08-2013, 05:25 PM
Anyone is perfectly well suited to ignore me should they choose to do so. Once again, pot meet kettle. You bring it on yourself.

Re-read this thread. When was I making ad hominem attacks? When were you? Try to deal with reality and what really happened. You are not showcasing any clear, rational thought. You claim others are boasting, and yet, you gave YOURSELF a screen name incorporating "BIG" - which is as self-aggrandizing as it gets. No one would need to use the "ignore" function if you stopped the name calling, which is against board rules.

BigRob
02-08-2013, 05:27 PM
Here is this.

I don't know what they are thinking but they have players lifting the day after a game. Huh? They say "unless you are too sore, and if so wait another 24 hours." Huh? Most NFL players say it takes them an hour just to get out of bed. Who on God's green earth isn't too beat up the day after the game to lift? And this specifies football "pros" so it's not just addressing pee wee players.

But I think it's safe to say: If Pgh is having it's players doing heavy squats, dead lifts and clean and jerks during the season, we can start to figure out their injury problem right there.

Interesting and meaningless article.

This article says most NFL teams have their players do this. So it doesn't have any real bearing on the Steelers or why they have injuries.

This guy says lifting this way is key to:

On both the college and professional levels, most teams have at least two lifting regimens a week during the season. NFL players are weighed weekly to make sure they maintain their ideal playing weight, and pumping iron is a key component to ensure their hard-earned muscles aren’t wasting away. In-season workouts are crucial to maintaining lean mass, working out soreness, preventing injuries, and staying explosive on the field.

Perhaps the Steelers aren't doing this and that is the problem. Not the other way around.

phillyesq
02-08-2013, 05:43 PM
Here is this.

You found a link, but what are your qualifications? Are you a professional trainer? Have an advanced degree?

In issues of health and fitness, there are often differing schools of thought.

lloydroid
02-08-2013, 05:59 PM
You found a link, but what are your qualifications? Are you a professional trainer? Have an advanced degree?

In issues of health and fitness, there are often differing schools of thought.

Great differing opinions. And guess what? If one of those with "differing opinions" constantly has their OLmen injured, how much credit do their "differing opinions" have? Many experts say doing too much power rack type of lifting puts extra stress on the lower body, leading to injuries. Do you know more than the leading strength and conditioning coaches in the US? What does your issue of "health and Fitness" say?

BigRob
02-08-2013, 06:36 PM
What does your issue of "health and Fitness" say?

Wow, no ad hominem attacks from you. Pot meet kettle.

pfelix73
02-08-2013, 08:35 PM
Some of these posts are to say the least- comical. Thanks.

D Rock
02-08-2013, 11:36 PM
I don't even know why this thread was started. It was pretty darn obvious all season long that the cause of the injuries was Marcus Gilbert.

thor75
02-09-2013, 07:43 AM
You can eliminate one factor after this year.. Sean Kugler. If the injuries persist like they have in the past few years, you have to look long and hard at the strength and conditioning coach. The injuries are too prevalent imo to be coincidental.

Slapstick
02-09-2013, 09:49 AM
Keenan Lewis never lifted the Monday after a game...until this season, when Ike Taylor finally convinced him to do so...

How did Keenan's season work out?

supersteeler
02-09-2013, 10:06 AM
It seems when Ben is in rhythm everything clicks on offense, but when he starts holding the ball too long things break down and linemen going down on the backside of plays.
I'm like throw the damn ball sometimes watching the game. We tend to blame the O-line for all our problems on offense but is Ben part of the problem?
It nice to see him extend plays but he also puts himself in jeapardy for injuries and his o-line too.....This may seem like hog wash but hey, we're trying to figure out the problem with so many injuries on that line. Three years in a row, something is very wrong!

phillyesq
02-09-2013, 10:41 AM
Great differing opinions. And guess what? If one of those with "differing opinions" constantly has their OLmen injured, how much credit do their "differing opinions" have? Many experts say doing too much power rack type of lifting puts extra stress on the lower body, leading to injuries. Do you know more than the leading strength and conditioning coaches in the US? What does your issue of "health and Fitness" say?

I do not purport to be an expert. You do. I find it quite comical that somebody with no apparent expertise jumps to conclusions that the Steelers must not only be doing certain types of exercises, but that those exercises must be wrong.

lloydroid
02-10-2013, 01:52 AM
Keenan Lewis never lifted the Monday after a game...until this season, when Ike Taylor finally convinced him to do so...

How did Keenan's season work out?

OK, a CB doesnt have near the contact that everyone else has, lets be real. They CAN lift the next day, but lineman?

lloydroid
02-10-2013, 01:53 AM
I do not purport to be an expert. You do. I find it quite comical that somebody with no apparent expertise jumps to conclusions that the Steelers must not only be doing certain types of exercises, but that those exercises must be wrong.

Please specify where I claimed I was an expert.

Shawn
02-10-2013, 02:59 AM

Says you. When you put something like that out there support your opinion with some facts. Over the last 5 years where do the Steelers rank in OL injuries compared to other NFL teams?

lloydroid
02-10-2013, 02:10 PM
Says you. When you put something like that out there support your opinion with some facts. Over the last 5 years where do the Steelers rank in OL injuries compared to other NFL teams?

I don't know where you can look such a thing up, but we can use this thing called "common sense." Let's put it this way: How many teams were on their 5th string OT and didn't have a single back up OLmen on their bench, having to put in a TE as a OLmen if they had 1 more injury?

Chucktownsteeler
02-10-2013, 02:19 PM
I don't even know why this thread was started. It was pretty darn obvious all season long that the cause of the injuries was Marcus Gilbert.

Now that's some funny stuff right there.

DukieBoy
02-10-2013, 03:24 PM

So true. The trainers should get him the Medical Alert System. Better still, get them for his OL mates.

supersteeler
02-10-2013, 05:11 PM
I'm hearing Gilbert might not even make the team unless some serious training and diet are utilized this off season.

http://www.nathanbeaver.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/fat-guy-eating-giant-hamburger1-469x288.jpg

lloydroid
02-10-2013, 05:56 PM
I'm hearing Gilbert might not even make the team unless some serious training and diet are utilized this off season.

http://www.nathanbeaver.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/fat-guy-eating-giant-hamburger1-469x288.jpg

Is he still hiding from the team?

Shawn
02-11-2013, 09:33 AM
I don't know where you can look such a thing up, but we can use this thing called "common sense." Let's put it this way: How many teams were on their 5th string OT and didn't have a single back up OLmen on their bench, having to put in a TE as a OLmen if they had 1 more injury?

lol...yes I have no common sense. That is why I don't see what you see. There is such thing as bad luck...statistical anomolies, etc. What I want to see is hard evidence that since this regime took over that the Steelers have ranked in the bottom third when it comes to OL injury. Anything other than that is fluff or merely histrionic ramblings.

lloydroid
02-11-2013, 02:57 PM
lol...yes I have no common sense. That is why I don't see what you see. There is such thing as bad luck...statistical anomolies, etc. What I want to see is hard evidence that since this regime took over that the Steelers have ranked in the bottom third when it comes to OL injury. Anything other than that is fluff or merely histrionic ramblings.

So in your bizarro world, it isn't obvious that Pgh has had many more injuries on the OL than average? What color is the sky in your world? Next, should I need to prove that water is wet and fire is hot? So answer. Do you not think that Pgh's OL had a rash in injuries much higher than the average NFL team? Yes or no?

RuthlessBurgher
02-11-2013, 05:06 PM
So in your bizarro world, it isn't obvious that Pgh has had many more injuries on the OL than average? What color is the sky in your world? Next, should I need to prove that water is wet and fire is hot?

In case you haven't figured it out by now (and judging by your continued posting style, you haven't), your "know-it-all" vibe is quite off-putting to say the least. In this thread, you are currently debating with phillyesq (an attorney) and shawn (a doctor) and yet you still seem to be looking down upon them as if you are somehow smarter than everyone else in the room. There are a lot of intelligent people on this board (not to toot my own horn or anything, but I graduated from an Ivy League university myself), but most of us don't use a condescending attitude when dealing with others. We've had our share of "holier than thou" posters come through these parts...putting up with a "smarter than thou" poster (in his own mind, at least) also gets old quickly.

lloydroid
02-11-2013, 05:20 PM
In case you haven't figured it out by now (and judging by your continued posting style, you haven't), your "know-it-all" vibe is quite off-putting to say the least. In this thread, you are currently debating with phillyesq (an attorney) and shawn (a doctor) and yet you still seem to be looking down upon them as if you are somehow smarter than everyone else in the room. There are a lot of intelligent people on this board (not to toot my own horn or anything, but I graduated from an Ivy League university myself), but most of us don't use a condescending attitude when dealing with others. We've had our share of "holier than thou" posters come through these parts...putting up with a "smarter than thou" poster (in his own mind, at least) also gets old quickly.

Wow. So innocent are we that we forget who got condescending and who was reactionary. I guess an Ivy League degree doesn't make one omnipotent. Instead of attacking the poster, refute the assertions, if you are capable. And I am sure you must be, since anyone bragging of an Ivy League degree is without fault. Soak in the irony; those who have made ad hominem attacks, unwarranted, in the past, now complain of "condescending" attitudes. You are as pure as the white driven snow. Once again, I start an appropriate, on topic thread, and am not the one dealing with the personal attacks. Oh, and excuse me if I am to believe that MDs and lawyers are the foremost authorities in NFL training and conditioning. Oh wait, they aren't. Nor are "Ivy League grads." So take your "I am an Ivy League grad, so I am smarter than everyone" attitude and ride a pony.

lloydroid
02-11-2013, 05:27 PM
OK, response from a bro in the upper end training industry (D1 college, pro football). If Pgh IS having their players lift heavy during the season, then they are not the norm.

In a nutshell, there is more focus on bar speed (explosiveness) than poundages. It's all formulated though. Using bands and chains, they go percentages. Waves vary from 50% to 70%, sometimes lower. There will be an occasional phase of heavy 1 rep maxes, but it is rare. I just forwarded you our latest newsletter that explains the primary methods. I actually wrote that part of it for XXX, so I'm ready for your critique.

Oviedo
02-11-2013, 05:31 PM
Wow. So innocent are we that we forget who got condescending and who was reactionary. I guess an Ivy League degree doesn't make one omnipotent. Instead of attacking the poster, refute the assertions, if you are capable. And I am sure you must be, since anyone bragging of an Ivy League degree is without fault. Soak in the irony; those who have made ad hominem attacks, unwarranted, in the past, now complain of "condescending" attitudes. You are as pure as the white driven snow. Once again, I start an appropriate, on topic thread, and am not the one dealing with the personal attacks. Oh, and excuse me if I am to believe that MDs and lawyers are the foremost authorities in NFL training and conditioning. Oh wait, they aren't. Nor are "Ivy League grads." So take your "I am an Ivy League grad, so I am smarter than everyone" attitude and ride a pony.

You would really enjoy the discourse on this board if you wouldn't turn everything into a personal attack. I've been on this board and the previous board many of us participated on for nearly 7 years. I have to honestly say I have never come across another poster who seems so determined to turn everything into a personal affront as you do.

Lighten up and when people don't agree with you just move on, state what you believe, stay consistent in your message if you really believe it and don't take it personal. Trust me more than a few don't agree with me but I could really care less and I don't go into attack mode whenever they attack me for having a different opinion as several frequently do. Life is too short for that nonsense.

lloydroid
02-11-2013, 05:45 PM

I asked the poster when I EVER claimed to be an expert. He had no reply.

Purposeful condensation.

Inflammatory.

Dude- maybe it's you?

Focused on attacking poster instead of discussing the original point.

Inflammatory, for no apparent reason.

What are your qualifications? Did you buy P90x? Please share. And thanks for the comic relief.

Combative. Unnecessary.

Pure ad hominem attacks, prohibited by stated board rules.

So I have a question: Why is it when others turn to ad hominem attacks, it's just over looked? But if I even respond to said attacks, I am the one stirring stuff up? I think it's safe to way there are some warped perceptions going on around here.

Slapstick
02-11-2013, 06:16 PM
So I have a question: Why is it when others turn to ad hominem attacks, it's just over looked? But if I even respond to said attacks, I am the one stirring stuff up? I think it's safe to way there are some warped perceptions going on around here.

There are some warped perceptions here, but use common sense...

If everyone seems to have a problem with you, perhaps it is not everyone else who is causing the problem...

Please examine closely whose perceptions may be warped...

DBR96A
02-11-2013, 06:23 PM
We have ALL lamented over our OL injuries. but I want to know why; why do our OLmen regularly fall down to injury?
Because they fall backwards instead of forwards.

DukieBoy
02-11-2013, 06:52 PM
Because they fall backwards instead of forwards.

Now, this is funny. And poignant.

I do so enjoy relationships with many on this board based on mutual interests.
Never really wanted a debate school forum. I imagine one of those could be found elsewhere.

Chadman
02-11-2013, 07:04 PM
It must suck to be the 'inocent' victim of abuse...

Stick to the subject at hand, or shut your stink hole.

You'd be embarrassed if you only knew. But live in ignorance. It works for you

Do you have a reading and comprehension problem?

Now, do you want to discuss the ACTUAL POINT or just mindlessly blather about?

Hahahhaah, what bothers you is you know you are light years away from any from this, if you can even see your feet. Go ahead and hate; it's all you got, after all.

And, just checking into the reality zone, I am guessing that a poster who self proclaims size by inserting "BIG" into his self-given screen name might be the one who is self-aggrandizing; after all, we must all picture some super gargantuan guy since he does incorporate the word "big" into his name. Keep going. Your insecurities become more glaring every post. But, after all, you are "big."

Do you know more than the leading strength and conditioning coaches in the US? What does your issue of "health and Fitness" say?

So in your bizarro world,

What color is the sky in your world? Next, should I need to prove that water is wet and fire is hot?

ad hominem attack or not, you're a douche.

Probably would use another d word that finishes with head, but you'd run off & dob to the mods, no doubt.

fordfixer
02-11-2013, 09:15 PM
It must suck to be the 'inocent' victim of abuse..

Probably would use another d word that finishes with head, but you'd run off & dob to the mods, no doubt.
He is very sensitive so he will more than likely do just that. :roll:

Chadman
02-11-2013, 10:42 PM
He is very sensitive so he will more than likely do just that. :roll:

Fully expecting it. :)

DukieBoy
02-11-2013, 11:44 PM
Chadman is advocating for the greater good of this board. I imagine there is a long lineup of members who will line up with him. I am one.

bostonsteeler
02-12-2013, 01:06 AM

This! .

ikestops85
02-12-2013, 02:43 PM
I want to address your post and point out some obvious conclusions that you have jumped to.

As I was watching the Super Bowl, and obvious trend played out in front of my two eyes: Both SF and Balt. could run plays and fully expect their OL men to not fall down with an injury every other play. They are able to play football and not suffer injuries all over the OL. As a matter of fact, I believe SF has played EVERY DOWN this year with the exact same OL in tact. EVERY down.

We have ALL lamented over our OL injuries. but I want to know why; why do our OLmen regularly fall down to injury?

First we haven't proved that our injury situation over a period of time is worse than the norm in the NFL. Do you have any evidence to support that our problem is greater than everybody else?

What is Pgh doing wrong? I am no longer going to write it off to just bad luck. There must be a reason Pgh has so many injuries. What kind of training do they have these guys doing?

I don't know exactly but I have to assume it isn't that much different than most NFL teams. Why are you not willing to write it off to bad luck? The year GB beat us in the SB I think they put 17 players on IR. Was that bad luck or did it have something to do with their training methods?

Are they over-working them in the weight room, leading to injuries? I have yet to hear what Pgh does specifically in the weight room, which could lead to this. For instance, do they have the fellas lifting free weights, in the power rack (squats, dead lifts) adding further stress to their legs. leading to injuries from over-working the knees, ankles, etc? Some trainers/coaches believe hitting heavy weights during the season, and preseason for that matter, just puts too much stress on the joints, ligaments, etc. and will lead to injuries. Are the Steelers clueless on this front? It is highly possible, as something is being done fricked up to make so many injuries occur.

Why would you jump to the conclusion that the Steelers are clueless on the weight lifting program done by the Steelers during the season? Please provide us with some shred of evidence that it is highly possible that the Steelers are fricking something up that causes injuries. You seem to point to weight lifting but don't give any empirical evidence to lead us in that direction. You don't know what their program is, you don't know if it is tailored to specific individuals, you don't even know if they lift weights during the season.

I could make the argument that we have so many injuries because they don't sleep on a posterpedic mattress. I think that makes them tight and the muscles never relax which puts undue stress on the joints which leads to injury. Other teams are sleeping on the advanced number mattress where they can dial the firmness that suits them.

I have a buddy who works in a mattress store. He has sold mattresses to many NFL players and none of them were Steelers. He says these players always get top of the line mattresses. Why are the steelers so behind in mattress technology? Why are they so clueless on this front? How can they be so fricked up not to look into the power of the mattress?

Now my post makes about as much sense as yours does. Maybe I should have started a new thread but I thought I would just shoe horn it in this one.

P.S. This is not an attack against you. It might be considered one against your post. ;)

lloydroid
02-12-2013, 02:56 PM
It must suck to be the 'inocent' victim of abuse...

This is a blatant abuse of board rules. And, you need to look up the definition of ad hominem. And in each and every case of the above responses, it was others who used ad hominem attacks before I responded, still not resorting to ad hominem attacks. But, you sure are a real tough guy, with your internet tough guy act. Can you even get out of your chair without losing your breath?

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
02-12-2013, 03:03 PM
"When the F$ck Did We Get Ice Cream?"

lloydroid
02-12-2013, 03:20 PM
I want to address your post and point out some obvious conclusions that you have jumped to.

Coolio.

First we haven't proved that our injury situation over a period of time is worse than the norm in the NFL. Do you have any evidence to support that our problem is greater than everybody else?

Look, even the OWNER of the team said it was bad enough that they need to explore the area. Should we ask Art 2 if he has any "evidence" that they have more injuries than normal? Why has he said it needs looked into? I don't think you need an act of Congress to realize that in the last few years, the # of injuries to our OL has been higher than normal. Just use common sense. Is it really normal to be down to your 7th-round, rookie OT to start and to having to use a TE on your OL if one more player goes down? You don't think that is excessive in terms of injuries to your OL? Is that your contention?

I don't know exactly but I have to assume it isn't that much different than most NFL teams. Why are you not willing to write it off to bad luck? The year GB beat us in the SB I think they put 17 players on IR. Was that bad luck or did it have something to do with their training methods?

We don't know. But we DO know that our OL has been riddled with excessive injuries for a few years now. GB did NOT have the same injury level the season following their injury-riddled one.

Why would you jump to the conclusion that the Steelers are clueless on the weight lifting program done by the Steelers during the season? Please provide us with some shred of evidence that it is highly possible that the Steelers are fricking something up that causes injuries. You seem to point to weight lifting but don't give any empirical evidence to lead us in that direction. You don't know what their program is, you don't know if it is tailored to specific individuals, you don't even know if they lift weights during the season.

Are you so sure about all of that? I don't know FOR SURE what they are doing now, but I do KNOW what they were doing in the late 90s. I do KNOW back then their total budget for the weight room was $100 a year. That's right. So before YOU make assumptions about what I know, you might not want to jump to conclusions and assumptions yourself.

I could make the argument that we have so many injuries because they don't sleep on a posterpedic mattress. I think that makes them tight and the muscles never relax which puts undue stress on the joints which leads to injury. Other teams are sleeping on the advanced number mattress where they can dial the firmness that suits them.

But you'd being doing so without any info. or insight whatsoever, making it a horrible analogy.

I have a buddy who works in a mattress store. He has sold mattresses to many NFL players and none of them were Steelers. He says these players always get top of the line mattresses. Why are the steelers so behind in mattress technology? Why are they so clueless on this front? How can they be so fricked up not to look into the power of the mattress?

Inaneness not worthy of response.

Now my post makes about as much sense as yours does. Maybe I should have started a new thread but I thought I would just shoe horn it in this one.

Well, your point DOESN'T make as much sense as mine. Have you stood in the Steelers' bedrooms and witnessed what they were sleeping on? Have you personally viewed their sleeping regime on a chalkboard? No? Than your analogy doesn't apply.

P.S. This is not an attack against you. It might be considered one against your post. ;)

And the board rules and mods have no problem with that, nor do I. I am happy to respond to someone who is refuting my posts, and not resorting to ad hominem attacks. As you can see, I responded in kind. ;-)

lloydroid
02-12-2013, 03:24 PM
Now, this is funny. And poignant.

I do so enjoy relationships with many on this board based on mutual interests.
Never really wanted a debate school forum. I imagine one of those could be found elsewhere.

You don't think that virtually every message board engages in debate? You think this only happened here from my posting? Really? OK.

RuthlessBurgher
02-12-2013, 05:28 PM
I do KNOW back then their total budget for the weight room was $100 a year. That's right.

This makes zero sense. You couldn't run a lemonade stand in the 1920's for $100 a year. Where in the world did you get that information?

ikestops85
02-12-2013, 05:35 PM
Coolio.
Look, even the OWNER of the team said it was bad enough that they need to explore the area. Should we ask Art 2 if he has any "evidence" that they have more injuries than normal? Why has he said it needs looked into? I don't think you need an act of Congress to realize that in the last few years, the # of injuries to our OL has been higher than normal. Just use common sense. Is it really normal to be down to your 7th-round, rookie OT to start and to having to use a TE on your OL if one more player goes down? You don't think that is excessive in terms of injuries to your OL? Is that your contention?

I don't know that the number of injuries to our O-Line has exceeded the norm. This past year I would say it did but I have no evidence of this. Since you started the topic I was hoping you could provide some stats that proved this.

Do you realize that some teams START late round rookies? Beachum actually did a decent job for us and I think he is a nice find by the scouts. One reason we almost had to use a TE is because Tomlin activates one less lineman in some games than most coaches do. Neither of these situations says we have more injuries to our O-line than the norm. It just means that Beachum was the next tackle up and we had 2 linemen injured in one game.

Are you so sure about all of that? I don't know FOR SURE what they are doing now, but I do KNOW what they were doing in the late 90s. I do KNOW back then their total budget for the weight room was $100 a year. That's right. So before YOU make assumptions about what I know, you might not want to jump to conclusions and assumptions yourself.

Now you are getting to the meat of the issue. You say you KNOW what they were doing back in the late 90's but you neglect to say how or even state what they were doing. You just state that they were fricking it up. So just state what you know upfront and how you know it. That way people can make an informed decision on whether your topic has merit.

But you'd being doing so without any info. or insight whatsoever, making it a horrible analogy.

I am doing it without any info but from what you posted you are doing the same thing so I believe my analogy stands.

lloydroid
02-12-2013, 05:43 PM
This makes zero sense. You couldn't run a lemonade stand in the 1920's for $100 a year. Where in the world did you get that information?

From their strength and conditioning coach. Philosophy was after all the weights and equipment was purchased, they basically lasted forever so what did you need more $ for? They had duct tape wrapped around some of their benches. I guess that is where the $100 went towards: duct tape. Not saying that is still the case today; when they moved from 3RS to Heinz F they got a brand new, sparkling weight room, obviously.

Chadman
02-12-2013, 05:43 PM
This is a blatant abuse of board rules. And, you need to look up the definition of ad hominem. And in each and every case of the above responses, it was others who used ad hominem attacks before I responded, still not resorting to ad hominem attacks. But, you sure are a real tough guy, with your internet tough guy act. Can you even get out of your chair without losing your breath?

This is the best you can come back with?

You know- you came on this board a little while ago, sent me a friendly PM wanting to know how I became a Steeler fan, etc... I thought you sounded alright. And from pretty much that point on you've been a knob.

This is a good site. These posters here, they are good people to spend Steeler-time with. The likes of you, the smart-ass know-it-all, come & go every year.

All this crap about 'ad hominem attack this, ad hominem attack that'... nobody cares. You just sound like a bleating child.

"Oh, oh... looky, looky... he said a nasty thing to me Mods..."... I hope the Mods are reading this. They can pull me up on it if they want, that's fine. Posters like you ruin this place.

The annoying thing is, you can make good points. But you just follow it up with so much rubbish & vitriol toward other posters that your good points get lost in the muck you follow it up with.

Internet tough guy? Really? Never had anyone call me that before, and it's not the 'schtick' I try to achieve. But your attacks on my weight & also on BigRob's just make you look like a fool.

lloydroid
02-12-2013, 05:47 PM
Now you are getting to the meat of the issue. You say you KNOW what they were doing back in the late 90's but you neglect to say how or even state what they were doing. You just state that they were fricking it up. So just state what you know upfront and how you know it. That way people can make an informed decision on whether your topic has merit.

I realize that if I truly give all info. you all will just say I am making it up, so why bother? That is already the course it's gone even though I have not let all the truth out about how I know.

I am doing it without any info but from what you posted you are doing the same thing so I believe my analogy stands.

In order for the analogy to stand you would have had to have stood in their bedrooms, viewed a chalk board of their sleeping routines, etc. Since you have not done that, the analogy is invalid.

lloydroid
02-12-2013, 05:52 PM
This is the best you can come back with?

You know- you came on this board a little while ago, sent me a friendly PM wanting to know how I became a Steeler fan, etc... I thought you sounded alright. And from pretty much that point on you've been a knob.

This is a good site. These posters here, they are good people to spend Steeler-time with. The likes of you, the smart-ass know-it-all, come & go every year.

All this crap about 'ad hominem attack this, ad hominem attack that'... nobody cares. You just sound like a bleating child.

"Oh, oh... looky, looky... he said a nasty thing to me Mods..."... I hope the Mods are reading this. They can pull me up on it if they want, that's fine. Posters like you ruin this place.

The annoying thing is, you can make good points. But you just follow it up with so much rubbish & vitriol toward other posters that your good points get lost in the muck you follow it up with.

Internet tough guy? Really? Never had anyone call me that before, and it's not the 'schtick' I try to achieve. But your attacks on my weight & also on BigRob's just make you look like a fool.

Attack on weight? So now you are just making stuff up again. That takes real skill.....not. You continue to CREATE the ad hominem attacks, not reduce them. You continue to break board rules while I am not.

I guess the rules are just there for window dressing, as they don't seem to enforce them.

You have made personal attacks on me several times, just today. Your tough guy act is very unfortunate. It takes no courage to call others names from behind a keyboard.

lloydroid
02-12-2013, 05:56 PM

You got it backwards. The personal attacks come to me, after I am merely expressing football opinions. Each and every time, that is the course. I don't deal with ad hominem attacks; I post on football. It is the likes of you who get into the personal attacks. If you get a little stiff arm back after you attack, don't be surprised. All your name calling breaks stated board rules. I thought you were a decent guy, but I don't respect those who deal in name calling. They are without substance and honor.

Chadman
02-12-2013, 06:02 PM
Attack on weight? So now you are just making stuff up again. That takes real skill.....not

Can you even get out of your chair without losing your breath?

Care to explain?

Eddie Spaghetti
02-12-2013, 06:18 PM
this clown isn't worth the bandwidth, but the mods favor him because he drives traffic.

pretty sad.

ikestops85
02-12-2013, 07:03 PM
I realize that if I truly give all info. you all will just say I am making it up, so why bother? That is already the course it's gone even though I have not let all the truth out about how I know.

In order for the analogy to stand you would have had to have stood in their bedrooms, viewed a chalk board of their sleeping routines, etc. Since you have not done that, the analogy is invalid.

Now how am I supposed to judge the info if you won't give it to me? Let me decide if I believe you or not but when you don't provide anything your statements mean as much to me as my statements on the mattress mean to you. That's why I said the analogy stands. You haven't provided me any info for me to make that judgement.

Now back to the O-line injuries ... the weight lifting regiment of the late 90's has nothing to do with their regiment now so we still don't have any information to make a judgement that their current training program is bad.

lloydroid
02-12-2013, 07:26 PM
Care to explain?

I never referenced weight; I don't even know your weight. It's just my experience that once people start spewing out, calling people "douche bags" and "d-ck heads" they tend to be dudes who aren't likely to get desire anything physical even though they pose as if they are.

lloydroid
02-12-2013, 07:43 PM
Now how am I supposed to judge the info if you won't give it to me? Let me decide if I believe you or not but when you don't provide anything your statements mean as much to me as my statements on the mattress mean to you. That's why I said the analogy stands. You haven't provided me any info for me to make that judgement.

Now back to the O-line injuries ... the weight lifting regiment of the late 90's has nothing to do with their regiment now so we still don't have any information to make a judgement that their current training program is bad.

So it's pretty obvious that I alluded to physically being in their weight room. But, now you can just say, "We have no proof you really were there." Now what? We are at the same place. Also, there are still people in that field who could be impacted, so I am not going to give out fine details. And, this is the same ownership who ran things they way I observed back in the day; have the changed their ways? Quite possibly. Is it a given that they have? No, not really. There are other aspects of the team that remain even as new coaches come and go. For instance, the team philosophy is defense first. That hasn't changed in 40 years. Are there other elements that the team keeps the same philosophy? Quite possibly. Could their mentality on training and conditioning remain similar as it once was? Possibly. All I did was ask the question: Are the Steelers doing something inherently wrong in the weight room that leads to increased injuries, especially with the big guys? It's a legit question, and everyone didn't have to freak out and call me names over it. I have seen their workouts written out on their chalkboard. And it was in-season. And most experts in the field would not agree with them in the current day. But, there is no doubt, they might have altered them since. Having lineman during heavy squats during the season could quite likely increase over all injuries, because they are putting additional stress on the ligaments and joints. I know many trainers shy away from having the big guys lift heavy free weights for this reason.

So, when I question their mode of training and if it's leading to injuries, I deserve scorn. But Art Rooney is questioning the very same thing, and it's different.

lloydroid
02-12-2013, 07:46 PM
this clown isn't worth the bandwidth, but the mods favor him because he drives traffic.

pretty sad.

Hmmm, that, or maybe it's because I am adhering to board rules far more strictly than those who take part in personal attacks. Just a thought. You yourself regularly delve in name calling, and yet, here you still are. Is that because you drive traffic?

D Rock
02-12-2013, 08:13 PM
http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Oviedo http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=548325#post548325)

Why are you resorting to a straw man argument, intellectual dishonesty and not addressing the specific subject of the post? Anyone can deal in straw man arguments, as they are the weakest, least intelligent form of discussion. Stick to the subject at hand, or shut your stink hole.

You've got it so twisted it's ridiculous.

A guy makes a sarcastic comment, and you're response is that he is being 'intellectually dishonest' and only capable of the 'least intelligent' form of discussion.

You then tell him to stick to the subject or shut his stink hole.

Quick recap:

no 'ad hominem' attacks or anything else made at you, yet you call the guy intellectually dishonest and only capable of being an idiot.

You bring this all on yourself.

DukieBoy
02-12-2013, 08:27 PM
You don't think that virtually every message board engages in debate? You think this only happened here from my posting? Really? OK.

You are catching on a bit, exceeding what appears to be your average for catching on. But missing alot too.

This board would certainly be better without your particular way of "debate", IMO. Since you seem insufferably committed to your act, the board would be better off without you. I've seen other boards where your act would fit in, where you could be in your own kind of debate heaven. Go for it on one of those boards. Or just go.

Shawn
02-12-2013, 08:33 PM
I never referenced weight; I don't even know your weight. It's just my experience that once people start spewing out, calling people "douche bags" and "d-ck heads" they tend to be dudes who aren't likely to get desire anything physical even though they pose as if they are.

Just so you know, I have known Chadman through message boards and facebook for probably 7 or 8 years. In all that time, I have rarely if ever seen him write an ill word to someone. He is probably one of the more pleasant people I interact with through cyber space. It's why he is one of the more respected members of this community. So, when he does speak up, it says something.

Chadman
02-12-2013, 08:55 PM
Just so you know, I have known Chadman through message boards and facebook for probably 7 or 8 years. In all that time, I have rarely if ever seen him write an ill word to someone. He is probably one of the more pleasant people I interact with through cyber space. It's why he is one of the more respected members of this community. So, when he does speak up, it says something.

Thanks Shawn- appreciate that. I like a debate, I like differing opinions. Pretty sure most of us do & that's why we are here.

But when every post is responded into in an almost accusational manner, or every post is written to imply someone knows more than someone else- that's no longer debate & it's more about stroking an ego.

These sorts of posters pop up every year, and we get infected by them more after a bad year.

as I said earlier- it's a shame because he makes some decent points. But they are cleverly disguised behind a lot of showboating.

lloydroid
02-13-2013, 01:29 AM
Thanks Shawn- appreciate that. I like a debate, I like differing opinions. Pretty sure most of us do & that's why we are here.

But when every post is responded into in an almost accusational manner, or every post is written to imply someone knows more than someone else- that's no longer debate & it's more about stroking an ego.

These sorts of posters pop up every year, and we get infected by them more after a bad year.

as I said earlier- it's a shame because he makes some decent points. But they are cleverly disguised behind a lot of showboating.

You know what? I think you are a good dude. And if I am not wanted here, later bros. This is a good group of quality dudes. Peace.

pfelix73
02-13-2013, 10:32 AM
And with that said ^^^^ maybe this 10 page thread has come to an end...Wow. And this is my 1st post on it too...:D

Yea, Chadman is a good guy, even if he is like 16 hrs. ahead of us...