PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else going to maybe not watch the Superbowl this year?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-31-2013, 11:30 PM
Usually I'm the guy right up at the TV asking people to not be so loud ...

But I don't know about this year. It's not just that we didn't make it, of course. I think the bottom line is I don't think I can stand looking at 2 Hairballs for 4 hours. I'd be all depressed, knowing the odds were pretty much that one of them was going to win!

I might get called in to work, and if I do ... I won't cry!

HERE WE GO, STEELERS!!

Djfan
01-31-2013, 11:36 PM
Going fishing, myself.

TD386Steel
01-31-2013, 11:39 PM
I'm not watching it.

BradshawsHairdresser
01-31-2013, 11:50 PM
I might go snowshoeing, or something...

LordVile
02-01-2013, 03:09 AM
Imma get drunk as a stunk, eat like a champ, jump on the girlfriend during half time.. and hope flucco plays like garbage and ray ray does something really stupid....

AzStillers1989
02-01-2013, 04:11 AM
Imma get drunk as a stunk, eat like a champ, jump on the girlfriend during half time.. and hope flucco plays like garbage and ray ray does something really stupid....
X2 hahaha accept with the wife

papillon
02-01-2013, 07:30 AM
X2 hahaha accept with the wife

Why you guys waiting until halftime? There's a pre-game show and post-game show to suffer get through as well. :confused::D (And I'm the old guy)

Pappy

8467thekraken
02-01-2013, 07:50 AM
Probably have it on in the background while doing something else...

like my girlfriend.

Crazy thing is, she WANTS to watch it. So we'll see.

supersteeler
02-01-2013, 08:05 AM
I'm a Steelers fan first, but I'm a fan of the game too, so I will be watching.
I like the commercials too, plus Beyonce' will sing in the halftime show. As for the game itself on paper the 49ers are the better team and the line is showing that, but that Raven team will find a way to win this game.

Good luck to the AFC North Division.

RAVENS 31 SAN FRAN 26

Mister Pittsburgh
02-01-2013, 09:51 AM
I like good football games and this has the makings of one. Plus, it's the Superbowl...gotta watch. I hope to see the Ravens walk off the field in tears after San Fran is driving and only needs a fieldgoal to win....SF is just out of field goal range with 20 seconds left and on 4th and 10 a ball is coming to the SF TE and Ray Ray goes helmet to helmet on him giving SF the auto first down and the 15 yds puts them in position to kick the game winning FG. Ray Ray leaves the game losing the SB for the Ravens.

BradshawsHairdresser
02-01-2013, 09:55 AM
It would be funny if a deer came on the field during the game and started sniffing Ray-Ray's butt...

feltdizz
02-01-2013, 10:03 AM
you guys who aren't going to watch are some weirdos...:D

phillyesq
02-01-2013, 10:06 AM
Wow did this thread turn in a direction that I didn't anticipate.

I'm probably going to watch the game. The question is whether my wife will watch it with me or get annoyed with me yelling at Lewis and the Harbaughs and go do something else.

RKSteel
02-01-2013, 10:57 AM
Probably watch it, rooting for the score to equal my superbowl box numbers.

SidSmythe
02-01-2013, 11:17 AM
Good Football Game. Looking forward to it hoping Englebert KaepperDink blows it and comes back down to earth.

supersteeler
02-01-2013, 11:25 AM
Pollard will be waiting for KAP to run, then nick him in the process.

Mister Pittsburgh
02-01-2013, 11:25 AM
Good Football Game. Looking forward to it hoping Englebert KaepperDink blows it and comes back down to earth.

You want the Ravens to win? Gross! :ratsuck

Sugar
02-01-2013, 01:04 PM
Not planning on watching. There are plenty of other things to do with my time. This is not uncommon for me if I don't have any affinity for any of the teams playing. There have been a number of years I haven't watched.

costanza2k1
02-01-2013, 01:10 PM
I love football too much to not watch it. The Steelers not making it to the playoffs this year has had an odd effect on me this year. I normally assume a deep playoff run, not having it this year...I'm a hungry fan again. For the game itself, I'm hoping Bane makes and appearance and the game is cancelled.

feltdizz
02-01-2013, 01:18 PM
I love football too much to not watch it. The Steelers not making it to the playoffs this year has had an odd effect on me this year. I normally assume a deep playoff run, not having it this year...I'm a hungry fan again. For the game itself, I'm hoping Bane makes and appearance and the game is cancelled.

right... I'm giving the side eye to anyone not watching. WTF is that about? I love the Steelers but damn... football doesn't stop when they don't make the playoffs. Now, I won't have a problem getting up and doing random things or missing a few plays but not watching at all?

Sugar
02-01-2013, 01:22 PM
right... I'm giving the side eye to anyone not watching. WTF is that about? I love the Steelers but damn... football doesn't stop when they don't make the playoffs. Now, I won't have a problem getting up and doing random things or missing a few plays but not watching at all?

Look sideways all you want. I've already almost eliminated amateur football from my life (college or HS). There's too much to do in life to waste it on things I don't want to see. The 49er's and Ravens don't interest me even a little. The Texans and the Seahawks might have been interesting enough to watch, but why bother with teams I actively don't like?

feltdizz
02-01-2013, 01:30 PM
Look sideways all you want. I've already almost eliminated amateur football from my life (college or HS). There's too much to do in life to waste it on things I don't want to see. The 49er's and Ravens don't interest me even a little. The Texans and the Seahawks might have been interesting enough to watch, but why bother with teams I actively don't like?

because its Football on the biggest stage.... just seems odd hearing people shun the SuperBowl since that's party time for most regardless of who's playing.

Is there really too much to do in 3 hours on a sunday evening? LOL... I'm just messing around. Do you.... but I still side eye. LOL.

Sugar
02-01-2013, 01:44 PM
because its Football on the biggest stage.... just seems odd hearing people shun the SuperBowl since that's party time for most regardless of who's playing.

Is there really too much to do in 3 hours on a sunday evening? LOL... I'm just messing around. Do you.... but I still side eye. LOL.

Fair enough.

Oddly, I've never cared for the "party" aspect of football. It's just never been a part of my life. I even sing in a rock band and I don't "party like a rockstar." In fact, I'll probably be doing something something related to that while the SB is going on (not performing, of course).

papillon
02-01-2013, 02:05 PM

Actually, football does stop for me once the Steelers are eliminated and the season is over. Football has become almost impossible to watch when I don't have an emotional stake in the game, between commercials, replays, poor refereeing and the rule changes that have neutered defenses I can't watch an entire game Super Bowl or any other game. I'm sure I'll watch to some degree, but I won't be glued to the TV as if it's must see TV. I'm hoping for my wife to get bored at about the same time I do. ;)

Pappy

Djfan
02-01-2013, 02:51 PM
So, watch a game with teams I don't care about instead of fishing, when I am VERY passionate about that?

Hmmm.

Bring on the sideways eyes. I good with that.

williar
02-01-2013, 03:24 PM
I will watch. As much as I am not that interested in either team, it's the super bowl!! I'm hoping for a good game, however I do expect the ravens to win. Everything has been falling into place for them so I reckon they'll finish the job. Quite frankly, I'm ready for them to get their cookie and get the hell on... I'm sick of all of 'em! Especially the Harbros...

Mister Pittsburgh
02-01-2013, 03:26 PM
I saw there was some controversy over the head ref they put in charge of the Superbowl. He is a black dude from DC and some former ref's are saying there is no way he had the highest rating and that he was handed this when he shouldn't have gotten it. Some people were saying expect there to be a lot of flags against San Francisco on big plays. Apparently this dude was in charge of the Giants vs. Redskins game this year and the Giants were the least penalized team in the league heading into the game...but had 12 penalties called that game, and a penalty on almost all of their big plays. Hopefully this isn't rigged for Ray Ray.

feltdizz
02-01-2013, 04:47 PM
I saw there was some controversy over the head ref they put in charge of the Superbowl. He is a black dude from DC and some former ref's are saying there is no way he had the highest rating and that he was handed this when he shouldn't have gotten it. Some people were saying expect there to be a lot of flags against San Francisco on big plays. Apparently this dude was in charge of the Giants vs. Redskins game this year and the Giants were the least penalized team in the league heading into the game...but had 12 penalties called that game, and a penalty on almost all of their big plays. Hopefully this isn't rigged for Ray Ray.

I heard about this but I also heard the best refs aren't always in the SB (sports radio). Not sure if it's true...

I don't know if it's going to be rigged for Ray Ray but the last SB people talk about being rigged was in 2005. LOL...

RuthlessBurgher
02-01-2013, 05:21 PM
Probably watch it, rooting for the score to equal my superbowl box numbers.

I'm rooting for Niners 35, Ravens 17 (or 27...doesn't matter, as I have 5 for SF and 7 for BAL).

We always have a Super Bowl party at my house, so my wife is typically entertaining guests while me a few of the guys (and ladies) who come over are glued to the T.V. This year, since both teams make me want to dry heave, I'll likely due what she normally does...focus more on guests, food, commercials, halftime show, etc....while paying attention to the game itself only somewhat.

My random prediction: I'm predicting that the Ravens knock Kaepernick out of the game with an injury during the 2nd quarter of a tie game, and Alex Smith comes in cold and leads the Niners to victory and Super Bowl MVP honors.

Discipline of Steel
02-02-2013, 05:02 PM
Actually, football does stop for me once the Steelers are eliminated and the season is over. Football has become almost impossible to watch when I don't have an emotional stake in the game, between commercials, replays, poor refereeing and the rule changes that have neutered defenses I can't watch an entire game Super Bowl or any other game. I'm sure I'll watch to some degree, but I won't be glued to the TV as if it's must see TV. I'm hoping for my wife to get bored at about the same time I do. ;)

Pappy

i kind of agree with this but be sure to throw in the announcers. Have they annointed Kap the greatest QB of all time yet?

Mister Pittsburgh
02-02-2013, 07:20 PM
I heard about this but I also heard the best refs aren't always in the SB (sports radio). Not sure if it's true...

I don't know if it's going to be rigged for Ray Ray but the last SB people talk about being rigged was in 2005. LOL...

The highest rated refs through the season are SUPPOSED to ref the bowl.....

feltdizz
02-02-2013, 08:17 PM
The highest rated refs through the season are SUPPOSED to ref the bowl.....

Thats what i thought but there was an NFL release saying that isnt always the case. Not sure if it was made after the ref story went public

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/25/nfl-doesnt-always-put-the-highest-graded-officials-in-the-super-bowl/

Refs cant work 2 SBs in a row and they have to be in the top 5.

Mister Pittsburgh
02-02-2013, 08:35 PM
Thats what i thought but there was an NFL release saying that isnt always the case. Not sure if it was made after the ref story went public

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/25/nfl-doesnt-always-put-the-highest-graded-officials-in-the-super-bowl/

Refs cant work 2 SBs in a row and they have to be in the top 5.

Strange? No ref can work two Superbowls in a row evn if they grade out the best?

flippy
02-02-2013, 09:21 PM
I'm looking forward to the game. I'll be the dork at the SuperBowl party wearing a Mean Joe jersey. And everyone will be like "Steelers suck. You didn't even make the playoffs." And I'll be like, "Steelers rule. Mean Joe could take your dad. And I'm giving a shoutout for the greatest SuperBowl commercial ever." And then I'll mess with someone and tell them I was the kid in the commercial and that's how I got the jersey.

Then again, I prefer not being obnoxious, so I'll probably just wear my Crosby jersey. Or I'll wear a sweater with a Steelers shirt underneath and say I'm hot right before the game starts and take it off to expose the Steelers gear. I may also tuck my Terrible Towel in my belt. Never brought one to a non Steelers game. But this is the douche bowl. I may need protection.

I'm definitely gonna enjoy reminding everyone that Charlie Batch beat the Ravens a few weeks ago. It's a no win situation for the Ravens or 49ers under this circumstance.

In reality, I'm more interested in food, people, and commercials tomorrow. I'll watch the game if competitive, but will lose interest if not.

I will root for embarassment. I hope Ray Ray gets ejected. I hope Flacco has 8 turnovers. I hope Suggs punches Harbaugh on the sideline for staying with Flacco. I will root for a bench clearing brawl. And I will root for Beyonce's clothes to fall off at halftime and for the censors to let it slip.

supersteeler
02-02-2013, 09:46 PM
And I will root for Beyonce's clothes to fall off at halftime and for the censors to let it slip.

And I bet you wouldn't be the lone rooter in that senario.:Boobs