PDA

View Full Version : Bleacher Report, Post-Senior Bowl 7 Rd Steelers Mock

Jooser
01-27-2013, 12:00 PM
This is a large article of several pages, here's the link.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1502819-pittsburgh-steelers-mock-draft-7-round-projections-after-senior-bowl

It basically unfolds like this:

Round 1: Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
Round 2: Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford
Round 3: Marcus Lattimore, RB, South Carolina
Round 4: Sean Porter, LB, Texas A&M
Round 5: Jonathan Cyprien, S, Florida International
Round 6: B.W. Webb, CB, William & Mary Round 7: Tanner Hawkinson, OL, Kansas
The reasoning isn't too bad in the development of this mock. If Lattimore fully comes back from injury and we used a 3rd to get him, he'd indeed be the steal of the draft. Although, I have to say with all of our injuries from last season in the spotlight, I'm not sure the Steelers FO would pull the trigger on him.

supersteeler
01-27-2013, 12:21 PM
I like #2 and 4. I had Sean porter on my mock and the TE form ND. I'm thinking WR will be drafted below #1, if we get Ertz or the TE from ND that should help us in the offense.

If we don't sign Lewis, they may take the best CB available in round one unless a can't miss player is there.

Oviedo
01-27-2013, 12:46 PM
Who is going to play on the OL, especially if Starks and Foster leave?

I do love the offensive slant in Round 1-3 and I think a TE in Round 2 would be a great pick. I also like Cyprien at Saftey.

Shoe
01-27-2013, 02:21 PM
This is a large article of several pages, here's the link.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1502819-pittsburgh-steelers-mock-draft-7-round-projections-after-senior-bowl

It basically unfolds like this:

Round 1: Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee

Round 2: Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford

Round 3: Marcus Lattimore, RB, South Carolina

Round 4: Sean Porter, LB, Texas A&M

Round 5: Jonathan Cyprien, S, Florida International

Round 6: B.W. Webb, CB, William & Mary

Round 7: Tanner Hawkinson, OL, Kansas

The reasoning isn't too bad in the development of this mock. If Lattimore fully comes back from injury and we used a 3rd to get him, he'd indeed be the steal of the draft. Although, I have to say with all of our injuries from last season in the spotlight, I'm not sure the Steelers FO would pull the trigger on him.

Marcus Lattimore is not a steal in the 3rd round. Maybe in the 6th, 7th round. This guy has had two knee reconstructions! Yeah, I know Frank Gore has done it before. But be real--guys like Gore are an exception, not the rule. You can't gamble on WASTING a premium pick (i.e. 1st-3rd), when your team is as "old" as the Steelers is. You need young bodies (i.e. healthy).

hawaiiansteel
01-27-2013, 02:59 PM
Marcus Lattimore is not a steal in the 3rd round. Maybe in the 6th, 7th round. This guy has had two knee reconstructions! Yeah, I know Frank Gore has done it before. But be real--guys like Gore are an exception, not the rule. You can't gamble on WASTING a premium pick (i.e. 1st-3rd), when your team is as "old" as the Steelers is. You need young bodies (i.e. healthy).

I completely agree, there is a very high likelihood that Lattimore will have to sit out the entire next season and we have too many holes to fill to be able to afford that luxury.

NJ-STEELER
01-27-2013, 05:38 PM
love that mock

if latti's knee doesnt check out well at the time of the draft, get another back..

as far as the OL goes, we have 4 premium picks in the last couple of years. i'd try to get starks back and let the rest fight it out. i remember reading gilbert could play guard too when we drafted him. and what about that ryan lee kid on the PS?

Eddie Spaghetti
01-27-2013, 05:43 PM
I think we lost ryan lee, unfortunately.

steelz09
01-27-2013, 06:08 PM
Lattimore is easily 1st round talent. With that being said, his reconstruction knee surgies (on both knees now) is obviously a major concern. There is no way I would chance him in the 3rd. If it was the 6th or 7th round... then by all means.... draft him.

Jooser
01-27-2013, 06:16 PM
Willis McGahee has had a decent career post-traumatic surgeries. I think the obvious question with Lattimore is whether or not he'll be ready by the start of the season. If not, then we pass on him of course. But like steelz09 points out, the guy is first-round talent. The article quoted Lattimore as saying he's on track to be ready for the start of the season, so of course you take that with a grain of salt, but if he is ready to go, he COULD be huge.

feltdizz
01-27-2013, 06:51 PM
Love the Patterson pick... that kid is smooth and he can do it all. I'm on the fence with Lattimore but I think he is worth the risk.

Eddie Spaghetti
01-27-2013, 07:06 PM
patterson is raw and has trouble running routes.

electric once he gets his hands on the ball.

Sugar
01-27-2013, 08:04 PM
From what I've read, I don't think Ertz will be there in #2 when we pick.

Dee Dub
01-27-2013, 10:18 PM
From what I've read, I don't think Ertz will be there in #2 when we pick.

Nope I dont think so either. He's a possible 1st rounder and if not he'll be gone by pick 40. Also reading a lot about how Patterson is a top 15 pick now. But I personally do not agree with that as he is very raw and only has one year of division 1 football under his belt. And 46 rec. 778 yards and only 5 TD's doesn't scream top 15 to me.

DeAndre Hopkins and Terrence Williams are better and more polished in my opinion.

Eddie Spaghetti
01-28-2013, 12:02 AM
living in knoxville, there were rumors of patterson hardly ever attending classes as well.

lots of upside though.

steelmann58
01-28-2013, 12:41 AM
I soory lattimore to much of a risk that early.

feltdizz
01-28-2013, 08:24 AM
living in knoxville, there were rumors of patterson hardly ever attending classes as well.

lots of upside though.

Ehhh sounds like sec to me...lol. I attended UT for a year. Hess Hall baby! I try to watch the Vols as much as possibl.. I say TRY, becausr its difficult watching them stink it up but Patterson has huge upside. The QB was inconsistent and his routes can be cleaned up at the next level if he isnt a head case.