PDA

View Full Version : Shout out to our forum hawaiian!

costanza2k1
01-22-2013, 02:15 PM
Thank you for posting all the of the articles you post. Not only do you post them individually in their own posts, but also correlate them to the topic at hand with in posts. It's appreciated!

steelz09
01-22-2013, 02:17 PM
I could probably automate the process but then hawaiiansteel's post count would be negatively impcated :) :)

fordfixer
01-22-2013, 03:16 PM
I agree with both of the above posts:-)

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
01-22-2013, 03:31 PM
By calling out Hawaiian personally, this is an ad hominem attack and subject to disciplinary actions.

Okay, I know it wasn't an attack. I just felt left out because I'd never used the term "ad hominem" on the forum yet. :D

Steelhere10
01-22-2013, 03:32 PM
Ford fixer does a great job also, kudos to both.

lloydroid
01-22-2013, 03:40 PM
By calling out Hawaiian personally, this is an ad hominem attack and subject to disciplinary actions.

Okay, I know it wasn't an attack. I just felt left out because I'd never used the term "ad hominem" on the forum yet. :D

Yes, but you didn't use the term correctly.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ad%20hominem

When a person uses an ad hominem attack during a debate, it's just a sure sign that they lost the argument. But according to stated board rules, ad hominem attacks are prohibited, even though they have been used towards me. I have no way of knowing, but those involved with ad hominem attacks were warned to stop the rule-breaking posts. As we have all seen, those dealing in them have stopped, and we can imagine why: warnings.

phillyesq
01-22-2013, 03:47 PM

Agreed. Good source for information and good spark to conversation.

costanza2k1
01-22-2013, 04:46 PM

Ford is the man as well!

lloydroid
01-22-2013, 05:00 PM
Thank you for posting all the of the articles you post. Not only do you post them individually in their own posts, but also correlate them to the topic at hand with in posts. It's appreciated!

HI is good people.

flippy
01-23-2013, 02:49 PM
Yes, but you didn't use the term correctly.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ad%20hominem

When a person uses an ad hominem attack during a debate, it's just a sure sign that they lost the argument. But according to stated board rules, ad hominem attacks are prohibited, even though they have been used towards me. I have no way of knowing, but those involved with ad hominem attacks were warned to stop the rule-breaking posts. As we have all seen, those dealing in them have stopped, and we can imagine why: warnings.

Someone could argue it's impossible to appeal to intellect when none exists.

That's why people ad hominemate me all the time. :)

Slapstick
01-23-2013, 04:01 PM
When a person uses an ad hominem attack during a debate, it's just a sure sign that they lost the argument.

The same thing applies to message board wagers...

fezziwig
01-23-2013, 07:25 PM
hawaiin is the best !

Mister Pittsburgh
01-23-2013, 08:13 PM
Hahahaha. I enjoy reading all the great posts you guys bring to the forum!

hawaiiansteel
01-24-2013, 02:43 PM

yes, fordfixer certainly does.

he is the reason why I used to frequent this board before i actually started posting myself, I came here to read the articles he would always religiously post without fail. it was my one-stop shopping trip which allowed me to catch up on all of the latest Steelers news without having to search a lot of different sites.

so thank you fordfixer, I want to be just like you when I grow up...:Cheers