PDA

View Full Version : Lamar Woodley has to eat Crow

supersteeler
01-21-2013, 09:19 PM
What does Woodley think of Flacco now?
January, 21, 2013
Jan 2110:00AM ETBy Jamison Hensley | ESPN.com Recommend58Tweet22Comments458EmailPrintIt was about 19 months ago when Steelers linebacker LaMarr Woodley said Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco wouldn't go to the Super Bowl "in this lifetime." Well, unless the Mayans were a month off on their end-of-the-world prophesy, it looks like Woodley is going to be proven wrong. Flacco and the Ravens will play the 49ers in the Super Bowl in two weeks.

Flacco Woodley
Woodley has only posted a brief message about Martin Luther King Day on his Twitter account since Saturday, and I'll pass along any of his comments on the Ravens or Flacco. In June 2011, when asked if Flacco can lead Baltimore to a Super Bowl, Flacco said, "No, not at all because they have to go through one team -- that's the Pittsburgh Steelers in that AFC championship. So in order for them to get to the Super Bowl, they have to beat us, and we're not gonna let that happen once we get that close. So that's not gonna happen in this lifetime."

Flacco later responded, "Obviously doesn't know what he's talking about. At some level I don't care [what Woodley says] because what does that really mean? But there is another level where it does kind of [ticks] you off a little bit."

Since Woodley made those comments, Flacco has won the AFC North twice and has gone 4-1 in the playoffs. He led the Ravens to their first Super Bowl in 12 seasons by completing 21 of 36 passes for 240 yards and three touchdowns.

Lamar, please come to camp in shape instead of making comments about your opponents, and it wouldn't hurt to take the cement out of your cleats.

Mister Pittsburgh
01-21-2013, 09:22 PM
A lot of Steelers need to get on board with reality.

costanza2k1
01-21-2013, 09:27 PM
Lamar doesn't need to be eating anything else :D

supersteeler
01-21-2013, 09:29 PM

Lol. Isn't that the truth.

BATMAN
01-21-2013, 09:33 PM
I was so on board when they signed Lamar to his second contract but now, I'm sorry we signed him.

SteelBucks
01-22-2013, 12:22 AM

Exactly.....

hawaiiansteel
01-22-2013, 12:44 AM

that's funny, good one! :D :Cheers

BradshawsHairdresser
01-22-2013, 01:00 AM
I was so on board when they signed Lamar to his second contract but now, I'm sorry we signed him. Hope we can find a way to light a fire under his overpaid, underperforming ar$$e, because we're stuck with him for awhile...

squidkid
01-22-2013, 01:04 AM
lamar does all his tough talk on twitter and facebook since he got the big payday.
these guys really set themselves up to look like jackasses when this social media crap.

grotonsteel
01-22-2013, 02:47 AM
Fat Turd Woodley has jinxed this team. He is the most over-rated player on Steelers.

Give him one year and if he again has issues with his hammy i say cut him. There are dirt cheap players in NFL who can give 4 sacks / yr.

rpmpit
01-22-2013, 08:01 AM
A few points:

1. Good one, Costanza!! :lol:

2. I was waiting for someone to bring this up.

3. After every loss it seems that Woodley is saying, "Now we're motivated. Now we're focused. Time to get to work." Tired of it.

4. Would someone to tell him to stop it with the ridiculous kick after his sacks? Doesn't anyone think that a man his size shouldn't be doing that??? ESPECIALLY with his hamstring issues :mad:

supersteeler
01-22-2013, 10:06 AM
Lamar missed some games due to injury, but so did James Harrison. Harrison missed a quarter of the season before he was able to play, and then had to get in game shape.
Here are the numbers between the two:

WOODLEY

solo ast total sacks

27 11 38 4

HARRISON

SOLO AST TOTAL SACKS

49 21 70 6

The only thing going for Lamar is his age, past performance, and if he's healthy he'll play up to his potential....maybe!

James has his age against him but not effort, this guy trains like Ike Taylor and is shape except for injury. When healthy he is a force and IMO more productive than Woodley. I really wish we could keep James, but its business I guess.

Colbert said Woodley was always big, ok, what the problem then? I noticed he isn't as quick as in the past and his numbers show something isn't right.
As was pointed out here, if he has a similar year next season, it shoudn't even be a thought.....cut him!

fezziwig
01-22-2013, 11:26 AM
Woodley and the entire defense lived off of, did well because of James Harrison. Now that James is done so goes our defense.

Slapstick
01-22-2013, 12:20 PM
Woodley and the entire defense lived off of, did well because of James Harrison. Now that James is done so goes our defense.

I disagree...Polamalu is/was the key...

The Steelers win/loss record without Polamalu is skewed much worse than without Harrison...

phillyesq
01-22-2013, 02:10 PM

The Steelers win/loss record without Polamalu is skewed much worse than without Harrison...

They are both pretty key. The stats out there about with vs without Troy speak for themselves. The defense really thrived after Harrison returned this year. Timmons in particular seemed to benefit from his presence and from the attention that he drew.

BURGH86STEEL
01-22-2013, 02:17 PM
Lee Flowers once declared the Bucs paper champs. Not to long after the Bucs went on to win the SB. Talk is cheap.

supersteeler
01-22-2013, 02:39 PM
They are both pretty key. The stats out there about with vs without Troy speak for themselves. The defense really thrived after Harrison returned this year. Timmons in particular seemed to benefit from his presence and from the attention that he drew.

I thought the defense picked up when Harrison rejoined the team after his injury, then we he got in game shape it picked up even more, as well as him making plays.
No doubt both are critical in our defense but I thought Allen played well in Troy's absence but the level of play without JH wasn't as good.

Mister Pittsburgh
01-22-2013, 03:18 PM
Our secondary played much better last year without Troy...when they could play their normal positions vs. having to try and figure out what Troy is doing then having to adjust to that, and then having our SS up at the LOS half the time. Time to cut ties with Troy and Harrison and replace them with other playmakers.

lloydroid
01-22-2013, 03:57 PM
Our secondary played much better last year without Troy...when they could play their normal positions vs. having to try and figure out what Troy is doing then having to adjust to that, and then having our SS up at the LOS half the time. Time to cut ties with Troy and Harrison and replace them with other playmakers.

You will NEVER REPLACE either. There has NEVER been a Steeler LB as hard-hitting and menacing as Harrison, and that includes Lambert, Ham and - my previous favorite - Lloyd. Harrison was a DESERVING DMVP of the year. No other LB has ever brought the insane impact as #92, ever.

lloydroid
01-22-2013, 03:58 PM
Lee Flowers once declared the Bucs paper champs. Not to long after the Bucs went on to win the SB. Talk is cheap.

You won't hear any of the Pats talk that kind of smack. They are too well coached and too smart.

Slapstick
01-22-2013, 04:03 PM
You won't hear any of the Pats talk that kind of smack. They are too well coached and too smart.

Yeah! They wait until after the game and pout like petulant children...

BradshawsHairdresser
01-22-2013, 04:33 PM
Yeah! They wait until after the game and pout like petulant children...$$$$
I wasn't excited about seeing the Ravens in the Super Bowl, but after Bellicheat ran away and hid like a baby (again) after losing that game, I'm thrilled that the Patriots lost.

Mister Pittsburgh
01-22-2013, 08:04 PM
$$$$
I wasn't excited about seeing the Ravens in the Super Bowl, but after Bellicheat ran away and hid like a baby (again) after losing that game, I'm thrilled that the Patriots lost.

I'm also glad the Pats lost, but at this point I'm a 49ers fan.

Chucktownsteeler
01-22-2013, 08:08 PM
I hope this motivates the Steelers. last season was as under-achieving as i have ever seen them play.

BigRob
01-22-2013, 08:37 PM
What does he have to eat crow over? What is Flacco's record against the Steelers in the Playoffs? For that matter what is the Raven's record against the Steelers in the period.

Until Flacco can beat the Steelers in the Playoffs, I don't think Woodley needs to do anything but get into better shape this offseason.

DukieBoy
01-22-2013, 09:55 PM
Hope crow is low cal, then.

supersteeler
01-23-2013, 07:15 AM
What does he have to eat crow over? What is Flacco's record against the Steelers in the Playoffs? For that matter what is the Raven's record against the Steelers in the period.

Until Flacco can beat the Steelers in the Playoffs, I don't think Woodley needs to do anything but get into better shape this offseason.

Woodley stated Flacco would never see a SB, well Flacco's living it. It would be good advice for Lamar to worry more about his play recently than Joe Flacco. Lamar got what a 65 mil contract, time to earn it, his play was disappointing and no wonder our pass rush suffered.

Mister Pittsburgh
01-23-2013, 08:37 AM

This is a slippery slope. True they didn't go through us, but they are there and I am sure they don't care. They beat Manning in Denver and Brady in Foxboro. Pretty impressive to be honest.

The Pats could say we never went through them on our paths to the SB.

Slapstick
01-23-2013, 09:40 AM
Woodley stated Flacco would never see a SB, well Flacco's living it. It would be good advice for Lamar to worry more about his play recently than Joe Flacco. Lamar got what a 65 mil contract, time to earn it, his play was disappointing and no wonder our pass rush suffered.

LaMarr didn't make these comments recently...they were made before the season and dug up by the "journalist" who submitted the article...

I'm sure that, now, after the season, LaMarr is more worried about his play recently...

rockonsteel
01-23-2013, 09:40 AM
I'm also glad the Pats lost, but at this point I'm a 49ers fan.

Nah, Mr. Burgh. We can't have the 49ers winning. That would tie them with us for 6 rings. We just can't have that.

As much as it pains me to type this.....GO RAVENS!!!

Rockon

Slapstick
01-23-2013, 09:43 AM
Nah, Mr. Burgh. We can't have the 49ers winning. That would tie them with us for 6 rings. We just can't have that.

As much as it pains me to type this.....GO RAVENS!!!

Rockon

Here's the thing:

We all remember when the Steelers actually had fewer championships than other teams...it was unpleasant, but we lived through it and the Steelers made things right in thhat area...

If Joe Flacco and John Harbaugh get a ring (not to mention Ray-Ray getting another!), that will never go away...it can never be made right...

feltdizz
01-23-2013, 10:18 AM
Here's the thing:

We all remember when the Steelers actually had fewer championships than other teams...it was unpleasant, but we lived through it and the Steelers made things right in thhat area...

If Joe Flacco and John Harbaugh get a ring (not to mention Ray-Ray getting another!), that will never go away...it can never be made right...

We have a lot of opportunities to make it right every season since the Ravens are in our division.

fezziwig
01-23-2013, 10:25 AM

I forgot about Troy and why not, he seldom plays. Okay so to be more correct/accurate, Troy and James carried the defense. Not to take this thread in a different direction I would like to ask this question: Do you guys think James will be back next seasons and if so, would it be a restructured contract ?

supersteeler
01-23-2013, 10:53 AM
I forgot about Troy and why not, he seldom plays. Okay so to be more correct/accurate, Troy and James carried the defense. Not to take this thread in a different direction I would like to ask this question: Do you guys think James will be back next seasons and if so, would it be a restructured contract ?

Although it looks slim now of him staying, its not a sure thing he won't be here. If JH is willing to restructure his contract the possibility will exist of him staying. I doubt James would play for another team and just retire if it doesn't work out. I think they also will restructure Troy's, and knowing Troy he would be open to it, especially with his injury history.

Harrison is a difference maker and it showed when he wasn't in there. I hope somehow he will be here, its going to be tough to replace the Silverback.

Slapstick
01-23-2013, 10:58 AM
We have a lot of opportunities to make it right every season since the Ravens are in our division.

Once they have the ring, that's it...it doesn't go away...

feltdizz
01-23-2013, 02:02 PM
Once they have the ring, that's it...it doesn't go away...

I don't care if they get a ring... all it does is heighten the rivalry IMO.

BigRob
01-23-2013, 02:57 PM

Flacco still has to win the Superbowl. Going to the Superbowl and not being crowned champion just makes you the first loser.

Mister Pittsburgh
01-23-2013, 03:08 PM
Flacco still has to win the Superbowl. Going to the Superbowl and not being crowned champion just makes you the first loser.
Which is what I am hoping for...I want to see them walk off that field totally deflated. Flacco still got there so his contract demands will be high and hurt their cap. They will be without their spiritual messiah next year. I want to watch the Ravens lose. I could care less if SF has 6 titles. We still have the most AFC titles.

BigRob
01-23-2013, 04:06 PM
Which is what I am hoping for...I want to see them walk off that field totally deflated. Flacco still got there so his contract demands will be high and hurt their cap. They will be without their spiritual messiah next year. I want to watch the Ravens lose. I could care less if SF has 6 titles. We still have the most AFC titles.

I am looking forward to seeing Ray Lewis reaction to losing this game. Unlike Brady the statue, how are they going to stop Kaepernick? Kap's passing is getting better and better by the week. Jim is also a better coach than John.

49'ers also have a much better D than the Patriots. Might be a good game, but 49'ers will pull away in the end.

squidkid
01-23-2013, 04:48 PM
LaMarr didn't make these comments recently...they were made before the season and dug up by the "journalist" who submitted the article...

I'm sure that, now, after the season, LaMarr is more worried about his pay recently...

fixed that for you

Mister Pittsburgh
01-23-2013, 04:57 PM
I am looking forward to seeing Ray Lewis reaction to losing this game. Unlike Brady the statue, how are they going to stop Kaepernick? Kap's passing is getting better and better by the week. Jim is also a better coach than John.

49'ers also have a much better D than the Patriots. Might be a good game, but 49'ers will pull away in the end.

I agree BigRob. There were a few times that Brady went to scramble and with his putrid skills couldn't really go anywhere which I think kaepernick will gash them. I think San Fran will win this one.

supersteeler
01-23-2013, 05:17 PM
kaepernick,
Beware of Pollard if you plan on running with the ball.
The Ravens will win this game, and RAY will have one last dance at the Parade in Baltimore :lol:

supersteeler
01-29-2013, 05:17 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker LaMarr Woodley said Monday on Sports Talk 1040 Radio in Florida that he has no intentions on training with renowned trainer Tom Shaw down in Florida this offseason. Shaw, who currently trains Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor and a number of other NFL players down at the Wide World of Sports complex in Orlando, offered Woodley an invitation to train with him after the season ended and help him avoid the hamstring injuries that have cost him games the last two seasons. "No I wont, Woodley said, when asked if he would be training with Shaw during the offseason.

He claims if a trainer has a remedy for high ankle sprains he'll consider, he said it had nothing to do with hammys.

squidkid
01-29-2013, 07:31 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker LaMarr Woodley said Monday on Sports Talk 1040 Radio in Florida that he has no intentions on training with renowned trainer Tom Shaw down in Florida this offseason. Shaw, who currently trains Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor and a number of other NFL players down at the Wide World of Sports complex in Orlando, offered Woodley an invitation to train with him after the season ended and help him avoid the hamstring injuries that have cost him games the last two seasons. "No I wont, Woodley said, when asked if he would be training with Shaw during the offseason.

He claims if a trainer has a remedy for high ankle sprains he'll consider, he said it had nothing to do with hammys.

shocking......................woodley doesnt feel like working hard

ter1230_4
01-29-2013, 09:05 PM
Seems like there is an awful lot of hostility towards Woodley on this board. I think that many Steelers fans have forgotten what a stand up guy Woodley has been, so let me remind you. Going into the 2010 season Woodley was entering the 4th and final year of his rookie contract and was scheduled to make $550K. In 2008 he had 11.5 regular season sacks and 6 (yes, SIX!) post season sacks, and was a key contributor to the Steelers Super Bowl championship. In 2009 he had 13.5 regular season sacks. Any other time the Steelers would have given Woodley the big contract he had so clearly earned prior to the start of the 2010 season, but because it was an uncapped year the Steelers could not give him a new deal without a gigantic signing bonus that they were not willing to pay. So Woodley was stuck playing 2010 for $550,000. And how did Woodley handle that? He kept his mouth shut, went to all the OTA's, didn't hold out in training camp, played his butt off all season, and was a major contributor to the Steelers getting to the Super Bowl (9.5 regular season sacks and another 3 postseason sacks). Contrast Woodley's conduct in 2010 with that of a certain wide receiver this past season, and perhaps you'll understand my reluctance to throw Woodley under the bus. Then after the 2010 season, Woodley didn't bother to wait and test the market, he signed a contract with the Steelers before the free agency period began, and I absolutely guarantee that he signed for less than he could have gotten elsewhere.

I think it was about the second week of the 2011 seaon that I started hearing the whole "Woodley got his big contract and now he's dogging it" thing. And it's true that he did get off to a slow start (which seems to be standard with him). But he got on a roll after Harrison got hurt in the Texans game, starting with 1.5 sacks in week 5, then 2 sacks each in the following three games including the game against New England in which he suffered the hamstring injury, for a total of 9 sacks in 8 regular season games. So Woodley certainly didn't seem like he was out of shape when he first injured the hamstring, did he? Unfortunately he never really recovered that season. No question that Woodley had a poor year this past season, and he may not have been in the best shape which may have contributed to those injuries. But Woodley still has some good will with me from his past conduct, and he's only 28 years old. Hopefully he has learned from this past season and will get back to his prior form. If the Steelers are going to have any chance to compete for a Super Bowl Championship next season, Lamar Woodley is going to have to perform.

fezziwig
01-29-2013, 09:35 PM
Woodley may have kept his mouth shut when he was making less dollars but his mouth has been open since he has gained the big contract. Maybe if he does shut his mouth he won't eat his way out of football shape. And it doesn't surprise me he turned his nose up to working out in the off season. As much as I think Hood is a waste, at least the guy tried to improve by losing weight and trying to be better. Didn't work but I do respect him for it.

supersteeler
02-01-2013, 06:45 PM
Steelers LB LaMarr Woodley Will Begin Offseason Training In February Out In Arizona per Steeler depot.

Looks like he wants to get serious for the coming season, and probably tired of hearing he is out of shape. He's expected to start mid February. A healthy Lamar can make a difference so I hope he can finish a season without injury.

BradshawsHairdresser
02-01-2013, 08:16 PM
Steelers LB LaMarr Woodley Will Begin Offseason Training In February Out In Arizona per Steeler depot.

Looks like he wants to get serious for the coming season, and probably tired of hearing he is out of shape.

Or maybe he's campaigning to try and get the Cardinals to trade for him...

Shoe
02-01-2013, 08:54 PM

Troy's impact (record-wise) is overstated too though. If I recall correctly, much of that record (that says we lose without Polamalu) coincided with time that Aaron Smith missed. Not saying Smith was the true indicator either, but the combination of the two I felt was the bigger reason.

Chadman
02-01-2013, 10:40 PM
Woodley's weight issues, his conditioning issues, and his work effort issues are greatly overstated. He's not fat, he's a big man. He's not out of shape, he's injured.

People want someone to blame for going 8-8 & the high paid guys are the targets.

Won't post the link, but if you visit Pro Football Focus, they have a formula to show the impact of most positions through the season. When it comes to pass rushing success on 3rd downs, Woodley ranks 3rd in the NFL behind only Cameron Wake & Von Miller.

BradshawsHairdresser
02-02-2013, 12:44 AM
When it comes to pass rushing success on 3rd downs, Woodley ranks 3rd in the NFL behind only Cameron Wake & Von Miller.
This past season? That's hard to believe.

Chadman
02-02-2013, 03:53 AM
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/12/11/pass-rushing-productivity-3rd-4th-down/

Follow the page down to "productivity".

BradshawsHairdresser
02-02-2013, 10:23 AM
Don't know about these guys and what they consider "pressure"...seems to me it must be pretty subjective. I remember game after game of LaMarr being basically invisible on the field, being easily handled by a RB or a TE, ending with two tackles or less. Check out his season stats for 2012....In 7 out of the 13 games he played in, he had fewer than two tackles for the entire game. He finished with only 38 combined tackles for the year...don't see any measure by which that season can be called stellar.

And yes, I know he was playing hurt much of the season...but his own LB coach noted that the problem is that he needs to learn to come into the season properly conditioned. I think LaMarr has thought he can spend his summers eating Doritos and playing golf and play himself into shape by midseason. It may have worked his first year or two, but it ain't working any more.

Slapstick
02-02-2013, 03:18 PM
Don't know about these guys and what they consider "pressure"...seems to me it must be pretty subjective.

Or, perhaps, it is your opinion that is subective...

BradshawsHairdresser
02-02-2013, 09:42 PM
Or, perhaps, yours...

Tell me, if Woodley is such a fearsome pass rusher, why do opponents approach our D as though they fear Harrison more?

Slapstick
02-02-2013, 09:50 PM
Or, perhaps, yours...

I'm not the one disagreeing with PFF...

BradshawsHairdresser
02-02-2013, 09:56 PM
I've seen no concrete evidence for their assertions. I just know what I saw from watching the games.

supersteeler
02-04-2013, 09:14 AM
Woodley:

Flacco will never win a Super Bowl.

Flacco :

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_i8aT_MBlfCEd2vwFbagRCIgXIx_Ba 8jElXqwegbPVaDehx48v9olp8rD Enjoy!

Mister Pittsburgh
02-04-2013, 09:35 AM
Someone should paste Woodley's quotes on his facebook page or his website or whatever he has. Maybe add a little fire under his butt this offseason. We need great offseasons from all the guys that will be returning, and a killer draft.