PDA

View Full Version : Steeler Fan Super Bowl Dilema

AngryAsian
01-20-2013, 11:10 PM
Who do you root for? Cheer on our perennial divisional rival or a team that could tie your Steeler's 6th Super Bowl Championship?

Me? I would rather share the 6 with San Fran than cheer for the Ravens.

D Rock
01-20-2013, 11:17 PM
Who do you root for? Cheer on our perennial divisional rival or a team that could tie your Steeler's 6th Super Bowl Championship?

Me? I would rather share the 6 with San Fran than cheer for the Ravens.

No doubt about it. I'm the worlds biggest 49'ers fan for the next couple weeks. I would much rather see Kaepernick and the Niners tie the Steelers at the top than hear about the Ravens and especially Joe Flacco being Super Bowl champs. Joe Flacco winning a Super Bowl taints the allure of the Super Bowl winning QB in a way that I wont be able to tolerate.

DukieBoy
01-20-2013, 11:23 PM
I'm with you GG and D Rock. But I will have to shower over and over and then wash my hands repeatly and even clean the house a couple times. Go Niners, I guess.

steelmann58
01-20-2013, 11:41 PM
No it the ratbrds don't need the 49 tying our record. Beside qb that tarnisjed with their wins before like Willians and Dilfer

SidSmythe
01-20-2013, 11:43 PM
Go Ravens. I have no problem with them beating the Niners.

supersteeler
01-20-2013, 11:43 PM
http://thumbs3.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mlMnMGWJ4-k4U1u6OctcqkQ.jpg Lol.

DBR96A
01-20-2013, 11:57 PM
Go Ravens. I kind of enjoy being a fan of the only team with six Lombardi Trophies. Besides, the Ravens ain't going back for a while after Ray Lewis retires, and Joe Flacco will have the clear upper hand in contract negotitations, which will either hinder their ability to extend him or extend some of the other important players on the team.

MeetJoeGreene
01-21-2013, 12:41 PM
I call this day Harbaughgeddon.

But .. i am rooting against 49ers more.

I don't want another with 6.

And maybe if the Ratbirds win, Ed Reed will retire too.

Mister Pittsburgh
01-21-2013, 12:58 PM
i'll pull for the niners. i don't care if someone else has 6. maybe that will motivate our fat players to actually workout this offseason. I hate the Ravens, Ray Lewis, and that Harbaugh since I see him whining all game long 2x per year. Really the only Ravens I don't mind are Ray Rice and Ed Reed.

Jooser
01-21-2013, 01:24 PM
I don't like either one because of the Harbaugh factor for just for starters. Now, the only thing I love more than watching the Ratbirds have their hearts ripped out is watching the Pats* go down in flames and watch Marsha and Belicheat sulk off the field, that alone is euphoric. I was loving it last night. Then, the cameras focused on the second biggest (arguably) prima dona in football. Big RayRay laying on the ground, surrounded by cameras putting on the show. What's worse than choking and just falling short of the big dance? That would be making it to the dance and having the bully kick your arse and take your girl away to have his way in the back seat of his mustang. That's how I see it when the 9er's win this thing. Ratbird nation jeered and loved it when we fell to Green Bay, now it's their turn. MUHAHAHA - MUHAHAHAH- MUH-HAHAHAHAHAHAH

:D

-Joos out

Jigawatts
01-21-2013, 02:15 PM
I call this day Harbaughgeddon.

But .. i am rooting against 49ers more.

I don't want another with 6.

Why not? We just get 7 next year.

flippy
01-21-2013, 02:43 PM
The only interesting story in this SuperBowl is Kaepernick. Everything else about this game sucks.

feltdizz
01-21-2013, 02:52 PM
I don't have a problem with the Rats getting a SB. I think it would light a fire in our guys and they play our brand of football.

costanza2k1
01-21-2013, 03:03 PM
I live right smack in the middle of 49er world. Too may bandwagon fans and they're freaking cocky. I'm pulling for the Ravens and am probably going to hell for it.

NW Steeler
01-21-2013, 03:18 PM
I hate the Ravens far too much to root for them. I dont want to see Ray Ray go out with another ring.

SS Laser
01-21-2013, 03:26 PM
Go afc north!

phillyesq
01-21-2013, 03:44 PM
I live right smack in the middle of 49er world. Too may bandwagon fans and they're freaking cocky. I'm pulling for the Ravens and am probably going to hell for it.

I remember them also having a bunch of awful bandwagon fans in the 90s. Even with that, I have to root against the ravens more. Can't stand Ray Lewis and the rest. I'd love to have Lewis miss a tackle or not make it to a ball carrier late in a crucial situation and have the loss rest on his shoulders.

NW Steeler
01-21-2013, 03:48 PM
I remember them also having a bunch of awful bandwagon fans in the 90s. Even with that, I have to root against the ravens more. Can't stand Ray Lewis and the rest. I'd love to have Lewis miss a tackle or not make it to a ball carrier late in a crucial situation and have the loss rest on his shoulders.

I would like to see Gore run right over the top of him a few times. And watch Flacco have a complete meltdown. But I doubt that happens. I bet it will be a close game.

Oviedo
01-21-2013, 03:50 PM
I want whatever causes Ray Lewis to leave the league on a negative and unfulfilled. So I'm a 49er fan for two weeks.

RuthlessBurgher
01-21-2013, 04:42 PM
I'll be much more interested in the Pens-Caps game earlier in the day (if hockey were still in lockout, I'd be truly miserable). I'll likely treat this particular awful Super Bowl like my wife treats it. More interested in the food and guests at the Super Bowl Party than the game itself. Focus on the commercials and the halftime show, I guess. As far as I'm concerned this year's Super Bowl in 2 weeks is as dead to me as the Pro Bowl next week. Blech.

lloydroid
01-21-2013, 05:17 PM
I've been rooting for the Ravens all play offs. I respect and admire them. This run is like the Steelers 2005 run. And their QB is now superior to ours, as is their head coach, it would seem. Kudos. I tip my hat.

Steelgal
01-21-2013, 06:25 PM
I'll be much more interested in the Pens-Caps game earlier in the day (if hockey were still in lockout, I'd be truly miserable). I'll likely treat this particular awful Super Bowl like my wife treats it. More interested in the food and guests at the Super Bowl Party than the game itself. Focus on the commercials and the halftime show, I guess. As far as I'm concerned this year's Super Bowl in 2 weeks is as dead to me as the Pro Bowl next week. Blech.

Absolutely agree with this. There's no way I can root for the Rats, ever...... The only good thing that might come out of them winning it is it should push Flacco's contract price up, like someone else already said. Normally, even in the years the Steelers haven't made it, I still enjoyed watching it. This year between RayRay's last game and the "Harbaugh Brothers Bowl", I want to vomit already.

AngryAsian
01-21-2013, 11:08 PM
Love all the varied perspectives... Hate either coach because both remind me of a young Bill Cowher.... hate because I miss that kind of intensity on the sidelines. I have been a big Tomlin supporter from the get-go and still am, but over the years I've seen a regression. I may be wrong, but it appears a lot of the Tomlin-speak that is distributed has had little back up. That said, to clarify my choice... I'm rooting for Kaepernick. I like this kid's story and the gifts he brings to the position. I think he may be a future elite QB and wouldn't mind seeing him win one.

Just can't root for the Ravens... to many classless remarks pre/post AFCCG by several players.... can't get on board with the arrogance.

bowldog
01-22-2013, 12:13 AM
I will never root for the ratbirds!

BradshawsHairdresser
01-22-2013, 09:59 AM
I wish there was a way they could both lose the game. You think the Harbags are arrogant now? Just imagine the arrogance after a Super Bowl win! Uggghhh.... Maybe I'll spend that evening cleaning my garage...

Slapstick
01-22-2013, 10:03 AM
So, which would you prefer?

Being kicked in the teeth or kicked in the nuts?

That is a choice akin to choosing a team in this Super Bowl...

feltdizz
01-22-2013, 10:16 AM
Maybe I'm just a football junkie but these comments about not watching the Super Bowl or finding other things to do instead of watching the game is crazy talk.

fezziwig
01-22-2013, 11:17 AM
If the niners win i'm glad if the ravens win i'm glad. seeing ray lewis run, wee, wee home after a loss will do well for me. seeing the niners not win their 6th super bowl will do well for me. worse case scenario was avoided when the cheats lost.

Slapstick
01-23-2013, 07:25 AM
I've given this some thought, and this is what I have decided:

I don't want to live in a world where Joe Flacco has a Super Bowl ring...

Not that I can't or that I won't...I really just would prefer not to...

supersteeler
01-23-2013, 08:18 AM
If fans hate the the ravens thats one thing, but I give them credit for making a run most didn't think they were capable of.
They were big underdogs against Denver and the Pats and beat three good QB's.
They are underdogs again against the 49ers, but they like that role just like we did in 2005. Look for the Ravens to defy all odds and hoist the Lombardi.

BALTIMORE 2013

costanza2k1
01-23-2013, 01:05 PM
I've put a lot of thought into this since my last post, I've changed my pick to no one! Whoever wins I will end up winning a little and losing a little. I'm with Ruthless focus on the food and commercials. I am going to my childhoods friend's house (lifelong 49ers fan) to watch the game with my Heath Miller jersey on. I've already hung up my 6 time SB champions flag too. I love getting these folks all riled up :D

steelz09
01-23-2013, 01:25 PM
As a Steelers fan, it can't get much worse....

I knew last weekend that I was rooting for the NFC. Choosing between the Rats/Pats is like choosing the lesser of 2 evils. I have to go for the 49ers although I historically have disliked the niners. Add to that, they will match us with 6 SBs.

This SB matchup makes me sick!

smitty16
01-27-2013, 01:07 PM
For all the fans that said they would never root for the Ravens. lets just say it's the last game of the season & you need the Bengals to lose to get into the playoffs & they are playing the Ravens. YOU would not root for the Ravens?

Starlifter
01-27-2013, 06:39 PM
i know this is in really poor taste but I think it illuminates our dilemma. I was at mad mex the other night sitting at the bar and overheard two guys talking about this very subject. one says, he hates the ravens and he's rooting for the niners.

the other guy says, screw'em both........... I'm rooting for Al queda.

like I said, horrific and very poor taste - but is it wrong of me for laughing????..........:confused:

yinzers. gotta love'em.

supersteeler
01-27-2013, 07:02 PM
I'm picking the Ravens because they represent the North division, and I was glad they knocked off the Patriots and their sulking coach.
They are underdogs again, but I wouldn't count them out from hoisting the Lombardi.

I read where some media wanted them to take pics with the Lombardi and Ray said no, and told his teammates don't touch it or take a pic with it you have to earn it, good advice I would think.

Sugar
01-27-2013, 08:54 PM
As a Steelers fan, it can't get much worse....

I knew last weekend that I was rooting for the NFC. Choosing between the Rats/Pats is like choosing the lesser of 2 evils. I have to go for the 49ers although I historically have disliked the niners. Add to that, they will match us with 6 SBs.

This SB matchup makes me sick!

I agree with all of this. In fact, I don't even plan on watching the SB. There are plenty of things that I need to get done to waste my time with this game.