PDA

View Full Version : It appears Ta'Amu could still be in Steelers plans For NT

supersteeler
01-17-2013, 06:40 PM
If he can clear his legal matters.
I was reading where Hoke our former backup at nose said he thinks Alemeda is a good football player that with 2 yrs under his belt could be pretty good.

There must be something to this or the Steelers would of let him walk for good. The guy made a stupid mistake no question but he's not the only young person to do it , most of us at one time or another did something stupid too at that age.

This could alter their draft plans too, with Ta'Amu, Fangoupo, and Mclendon, they may not even consider NT in the draft so we'll see ahead.

Chadman
01-17-2013, 06:46 PM
Reckon Ta'amu is backed up against the wall. He'll have to be lights-out better in TC this year in order to stick.

He was kept on the roster, not because he was lighting the place up, but because the FO knew they have a problem once Casey's gone. Fangupo might change that thinking.

One thing to consider- Ta'amu is on a 2 year contract. Fangupo is on a 4 year contract.

BradshawsHairdresser
01-17-2013, 06:47 PM
It isn't like it was Ta'Amu's first incident. Are there any reports that he's been getting meaningful help? If not, I don't think we can count on him to be the answer at NT.

8467thekraken
01-17-2013, 06:58 PM
And that would open the door to release Big Snack.

I like that group of 3. Ya gotta figure somebody will rise to the challenge.

Im fine with our D-line being Ta'amu,Mclendon,Fangupo,Keisel,Hayward and Hood in 2013. I would like to see Mclendon and Heyward take the DE starting spots with Keisel and Hood backing them up. Ta'amu and Fangupo hold down the Nose.

Just gotta see what happens with Ta'amu. I'm all for second chances. Let's hope, for Ta'amu's sake, that the right people feel the same way

Chadman
01-17-2013, 07:09 PM

Im fine with our D-line being Ta'amu,Mclendon,Fangupo,Keisel,Hayward and Hood in 2013. I would like to see Mclendon and Heyward take the DE starting spots with Keisel and Hood backing them up. Ta'amu and Fangupo hold down the Nose.

Just gotta see what happens with Ta'amu. I'm all for second chances. Let's hope, for Ta'amu's sake, that the right people feel the same way

Is that the same people that dealt with Chris Rainey?

Slapstick
01-18-2013, 09:10 AM
Is that the same people that dealt with Chris Rainey?

Rainey was given a second chance...he was cited for trespassing a few months ago and then arrested for assault...

The Steelers went through this with Holmes...

If I was Ta'amu, I wouldn't want so much as a parking ticket...

phillyesq
01-18-2013, 11:16 AM
Part of why the Steelers signed Ta'amu to the active roster for the last game, only to have him inactive, was to make sure that he was with the team. Had he remained on the practice squad, he could have been poached.

I'm sure they are not counting on him exclusively, but he is in the mix.

steelz09
01-18-2013, 11:25 AM
The elephant in the room is Ta'mu's legal problems.

Let's not forget how happy everyone was when we drafted Ta'Amu. We thought we had our future NT. Some thought we already had our future NT in McClendon. Add to that, we signed Fangupo. We have more depth on the d-line than other positions especially on defense. Our biggest depth problems are LB (ILB is the worst) and Safety.

feltdizz
01-18-2013, 12:13 PM
Part of why the Steelers signed Ta'amu to the active roster for the last game, only to have him inactive, was to make sure that he was with the team. Had he remained on the practice squad, he could have been poached.

I'm sure they are not counting on him exclusively, but he is in the mix.

Interesting... my theory was the morality of the Steelers is only applied when a guy is expendable. Then I thought I was proved wrong when we released him...

I think he stays because we have a bunch of almost could be good guys on the DL.

Ghost
01-18-2013, 02:03 PM
Rainey was given a second chance...he was cited for trespassing a few months ago and then arrested for assault...

The Steelers went through this with Holmes...

If I was Ta'amu, I wouldn't want so much as a parking ticket...

Really it was 4 chances - you've got the "time to die" text incident in college which had the Steelers leery to take him (so you know that was adressed after the draft), and then there was a driving without a license back in September (no one knows why the charges got dropped) prior to the trespassing and now assault. I liked his potential but at some point the Steelers simply said - we're sick of your sh!t and we're not putting up with it anymore.

I'd like to believe they've had seerious discussions with Ta'amu, put him on razor thin ice, and offered him professional help. Dude should be released if he spits on the sidewalk at this point.

feltdizz
01-18-2013, 04:02 PM
driving without a license? ehh... if we were slim at RB and under the cap Rainey probably stays on the team. Then again...after Ben, I bet all crimes vs women are a quick exit.

lloydroid
01-18-2013, 07:21 PM
The guy made a stupid mistake no question but he's not the only young person to do it , most of us at one time or another did something stupid too at that age.

Something stupid? Sure. Something like take cops on a high speed chase through crowded streets while wasted? I don't think many of us has done things of that nature.

WPXI-TV obtained the criminal complaint, which indicates Ta'amu drove a car on the wrong side of the street and blew through red lights. When police tried to pull him over, Ta'amu reportedly drove his car at them. The police considered shooting but did not because the large number of pedestrians and motorists around.

Ta'amu hit five different vehicles as he tried to get away from police, according to the report. One woman in one of those cars was injured.

According to the Associated Press, after his vehicle was disabled Ta'amu fled on foot, taking off his shirt in his attempt to evade police. Once officers caught up to Ta'amu in a parking lot, they ordered him to the ground but he resisted. Ta'amu appeared to reach for his waistband, the AP reports, so an officer punched him twice. Once handcuffed, Ta'amu was transported in a police wagon "due to (his) extremely large size."

Ta'amu took a blood alcohol test and registered .196, twice the legal limit.

Only a .196 and he totally lost it like that? Dude must have some version of loco in his head to fly off the handle in such an extreme way over a .196. Granted, you are drunk at that level, but so drunk to play bumper cars, hitting 5 parked cars while evading police in a crowded area? That is mental.

lloydroid
01-18-2013, 07:23 PM
driving without a license? ehh... if we were slim at RB and under the cap Rainey probably stays on the team. Then again...after Ben, I bet all crimes vs women are a quick exit.

After Ben, anything out of sorts involving females are an instant ticket out. Here is a dude already accused (not charged) of rape trying to have sex with a college girl in a bar bathroom. Talk about a lack of common sense.

supersteeler
01-18-2013, 07:49 PM
Only a .196 and he totally lost it like that? Dude must have some version of loco in his head to fly off the handle in such an extreme way over a .196. Granted, you are drunk at that level, but so drunk to play bumper cars, hitting 5 parked cars while evading police in a crowded area? That is mental.

Ernie Holmes shot at police helicopters, went to jail. At the trial which Rooney paid Ernie's legal cost, a doctor testified he had acute paranoid psychosis. Ernie got 5 years probation, went to camp and got a starting role on the famous Steel curtain Defense, the rest is history.

steelmann58
01-19-2013, 03:43 AM
First we have Mclendon as the future starter and Tamu has one last shot here but Fangoup might be a big suprise.

pittpete
01-19-2013, 06:07 PM

Hate to nitpick......
Casey is not under contract for 2013, can people pleeeeeeeeeeese stop saying we should release him.
Thank you