PDA

View Full Version : Don't laugh Tim Tebow a Steeler ?

supersteeler
01-11-2013, 08:04 PM
The experts can say want they want but I think Tim has value as a back-up. He's not going to wow anyone with his quarterback
play for sure, but as a game manager he might be good in that role.
When he played for the Bronco's he relied on the run game, didn't make many mistakes and more less managed the game, without throwing much.
If you can keep a game close all you need is one big play to win, don't we know, when he knocked us out of the playoffs last season.
Remember Dilfer for the Ravens when they won the SB, he was a game manager, but they did have one of the best defenses in history that year.
We probably will select a QB in the draft, or pick up an undrafted one teams missed out on, but it was just a thought on my part.

Ok, now you can laugh.;)

Crash
01-11-2013, 08:08 PM
And when teams decided to blitz him he lost his last 3 regular season games.

Then we decided to sit back and he killed us.

Then New England pressured him and he blew ass again.

No thanks, don't want that side show freak anywhere near this team.

SS Laser
01-11-2013, 08:42 PM
The experts can say want they want but I think Tim has value as a back-up. He's not going to wow anyone with his quarterback
play for sure, but as a game manager he might be good in that role.
When he played for the Bronco's he relied on the run game, didn't make many mistakes and more less managed the game, without throwing much.
If you can keep a game close all you need is one big play to win, don't we know, when he knocked us out of the playoffs last season.
Remember Dilfer for the Ravens when they won the SB, he was a game manager, but they did have one of the best defenses in history that year.
We probably will select a QB in the draft, or pick up an undrafted one teams missed out on, but it was just a thought on my part.

Ok, now you can laugh.;)

I like it. How much better can he get if he stays in the same offense for a couple seasons? Works on the QB stuff with someone like Ben and Batch. I figure he would be very motivated and work with a QB coach in the off season. Because he will see some playing time backing up Ben. He has played in the NFL. He would HELP keep Ben motivated!
It would also have to be LOUD and CLEAR to him an the media that he is a BACK UP QB. Not the gimmick guy. But I might even play him on special teams. :razz: Another thing is plan a offense for Tebow in advance like training camp for WHEN Ben gets hurt again. He has Talent. Is a stand up guy. Would be a nice #2 to have I think. Plus he might be better then some of the starting QB's for the steelers in the past. Need a very strong running game to help him I think also. It could work just as good as Leftwich.

Crash
01-11-2013, 08:45 PM
Yeah Tebow will motivate Ben......LOL

Steelhere10
01-11-2013, 09:18 PM
ha ha ha ha ha ..... now I had too laugh now we want the worst qb in the history of the game.

SidSmythe
01-11-2013, 09:23 PM
This team doesn't win without Ben, so does it really matter who our backup is.
Sure i'd take TeBoW ....but I'd also have a real QB developing on my roster.

squidkid
01-11-2013, 10:03 PM
i would take him in a second.
if we added him to the team we would be up to 3 guys that try hard all the time

hawaiiansteel
01-11-2013, 10:15 PM
No thanks, don't want that side show freak anywhere near this team.

agreed, this team needs to regain its focus and Tebow comes with way too many distractions...

fezziwig
01-11-2013, 10:28 PM
Can this guy catch ? If he can make him a tightend because he is always going to be a disruption as a QB and not a very good QB at that.

SidSmythe
01-11-2013, 10:34 PM
Can this guy catch ? If he can make him a tightend because he is always going to be a disruption as a QB and not a very good QB at that.

are a classic H-back is what i've always though.
You could also carry 2 QB's instead of 3 on the roster.

supersteeler
01-11-2013, 10:48 PM
Tebow reminds me of a ILB/RB playing QB.

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/media/USATODAY/USATODAY/2012/11/16/tim-tebow-career-gallery-5-4_3_r560.jpg?f061b7ce9937c38b702e6f308816ac2a14e2a 4ec

Djfan
01-11-2013, 11:52 PM
He would be great teamed up with Vick full time. Both of them on the field at all times. It would create big issues for defenses IMO.

Mister Pittsburgh
01-12-2013, 12:13 AM
Sure...start him at RB and you have a new Alstott. You KNOW he wouldn't be motioning to come off the field after only two handoffs.

SS Laser
01-12-2013, 01:18 AM
Some of you guys are shortsighted. Tebow is only a media distraction when he is behind a crummy QB. We don't have that problem. Would there really be Tebow at QB chants ever at heinz field? Is he really worse then Leftwich or Batch? Give the guy a chance in a good situation. Give him a good defense some running game and he can win games WHEN Ben gets hurt. That crummy coach who drafted him in the 1st started all this crap. He should have been drafted later and been a regular rookie QB.

Snatch98
01-12-2013, 01:19 AM
I think one of the worst things about the guy is his ability to no doubt divide a locker room. As far as I know he was hated on the Jets.

SS Laser
01-12-2013, 01:23 AM
I think one of the worst things about the guy is his ability to no doubt divide a locker room. As far as I know he was hated on the Jets.
Ask Plax about the royal mess the Jets are. There were plenty of reports about there mess before Tebow. I don't think he caused any of it. Was the Bronco's locker room divided? I never heard such a thing.

thor75
01-12-2013, 01:30 AM
He didn't want to play wildcat for the Jets at the end, was this because he didn't want to get hurt for next year or something else?? I don't know his decisions. It will be interesting to see what positions he would be open to. Too many other needs imo to pursue him at his qb skill level. As so many are quick to cite on here its a passing league and he has to be the most unpredictable (accuracy wise) qb out there.

Crash
01-12-2013, 03:26 AM
Would there really be Tebow at QB chants ever at heinz field?

Absolutely.

Ben isn't appreciated by the locals. The Steelers fans OUTSIDE of Pittsburgh appreciate him more.

thor75
01-12-2013, 06:28 AM
Absolutely.

Ben isn't appreciated by the locals. The Steelers fans OUTSIDE of Pittsburgh appreciate him more.

So your take is that someone will actually call out the worst passer in the league over a two time super bowl winning QB? Say what you want about character, but Tebow DOES NOT make that pass to Holmes. No way, no how. Yes he beat us in the playoffs and i give him respect, but Thomas was a brute and the broncos oc called a great game to supplant our "supposed genius" def. coord.

fezziwig
01-12-2013, 10:46 AM
I don't believe Ben gets the credit he deserves nation wide, fan wide or media wide. Bens a tough guy that plays injured more times than not. Boomer Esiason that has always hated the Steelers talks his crap on Ben but in all fairness, Boomer couldn't carry Bens jockstrap.

This is Bens team and it will go as far as Ben takes in and he doesn't beat his chest about it and he just keeps giving it his all. Should he curb some of his comments at times or pick his words better, probably yes but after that, I have little to no problem with Ben.

phillyesq
01-12-2013, 12:07 PM

It's unfortunate because it's not entirely his fault. I don't think he asks for the media attention, but it is something that follows him. He could probably do a better job of handling it, but the bottom line is that he is a decent guy and a hard worker.

As for Tebow on the Steelers - I think his skillset could fit as a backup, but I'd prefer to avoid the distraction.

supersteeler
01-12-2013, 12:09 PM
Absolutely.

Not so, I'm a local Burgh fan and know Ben is our best chance for championships, this isn't about Ben but if Tebow could fit into our system as BACKUP. We'll need to get younger at QB as Lefty seen his last days, Batch on the other hand won games for us this year and when Ben was out for the first four games under his suspension.
Most likely the Steelers will consider a QB either in the draft or an undrafted one that teams missed, but at this point its not a need position as Ben can play for another 5 years or so if he chooses.

Shoe
01-12-2013, 12:15 PM
agreed, this team needs to regain its focus and Tebow comes with way too many distractions...

He's only a sideshow freak because Skip Bayless and ESPN makes him a sideshow freak. He doesn't get in any trouble with the law. He's not doing the Hollywood scene. He doesn't self-promote. He works his @s$ off. He's NO threat to Rothlisberger. And he's a better back-up than Batch or Leftwich (who end up on IR walking in from their car).

Crash
01-12-2013, 12:58 PM
So your take is that someone will actually call out the worst passer in the league over a two time super bowl winning QB?

In PITTSBURGH? Yes.

thor75
01-12-2013, 01:23 PM
In PITTSBURGH? Yes. [/COLOR]

I don't live there, so I'll take your word for it. It just seems unfathomable. Maybe because I live in Denver and saw more of him than I would care. And someone said he doesn't self-promote.....that's laughable. His PR machine is in full gear. He is a feel-good story and likable but does not possess the skillset to be an NFL QB full time. As much as Ben gets hurt, I wouldn't want him as a backup either, just my opinion. The stories coming out of Dove Field about his inaccuracy and poor decisions are usually on exhibition every Sunday.

BATMAN
01-13-2013, 12:44 AM
To add to this conversation, I am here living in the Pittsburgh area and Ben is well appreciated by the fans.

supersteeler
01-13-2013, 01:06 AM
To add to this conversation, I am here living in the Pittsburgh area and Ben is well appreciated by the fans.

Ben is appreciated here, we seen this team with the Mark Malone's, Bristers, and the rest. Talking about Brister boy was he a character, they wanted him to replace the injured starter at the time and he said, " I don't mop up for anyone. Lmao

BradshawsHairdresser
01-13-2013, 01:44 AM
I think Tebow could have value somewhere if used properly. I don't know that the Steelers could be that team. If it was made clear that he wasn't going to get to compete for the starting QB job, if he would be willing to play RB and ST's (maybe even defense)...but then, I don't know if he would ever agree to those conditions. Maybe a place like Jacksonville would be best for Tim...

feltdizz
01-13-2013, 10:59 AM
Crash doesn't live there and has no idea what he is talking about... I don't live there anymore but I come home to.see my dad 7 to 8 times a year. Ben is appreciated by most and hated by some... Just like every QB in every NFL city.

Crash
01-13-2013, 12:32 PM
Crash doesn't live there and has no idea what he is talking about... I don't live there anymore but I come home to.see my dad 7 to 8 times a year. Ben is appreciated by most and hated by some... Just like every QB in every NFL city.

Who's loved more? Ben or Batch

And WHY?

You know the answer, we'll see if you're man enough to admit it.

Ben isn't as loved by the locals as he should be, he should be Joe friggin' Namath in that city.

phillyesq
01-13-2013, 01:17 PM

And WHY?

Ben isn't as loved by the locals as he should be, he should be Joe friggin' Namath in that city.

Batch is liked better, but I don't think anybody in Pittsburgh would say that he should start over Ben.

Ben is not particularly likeable - that's a personality issue that has nothing to do with talent or the city.

Crash
01-13-2013, 01:30 PM
Batch is liked better, but I don't think anybody in Pittsburgh would say that he should start over Ben.

Ben is not particularly likeable - that's a personality issue that has nothing to do with talent or the city.

No, what it is, is jealous Yinzers who believe every rumor and story, and ignore the GOOD that Ben has done in that city off the field long before Reno and Georgia.

All while loving their beloved Yinzer who was accused of kidnapping and gang rape.

lloydroid
01-13-2013, 02:10 PM
No. No. No. Dumb, dumb, dumb idea.

feltdizz
01-13-2013, 02:12 PM
No, what it is, is jealous Yinzers who believe every rumor and story, and ignore the GOOD that Ben has done in that city off the field long before Reno and Georgia.

All while loving their beloved Yinzer who was accused of kidnapping and gang rape.

Here we go...

feltdizz
01-13-2013, 02:16 PM
No. No. No. Dumb, dumb, dumb idea.

I agree... Nothing is more annoying than the "Tebow works hard" crowd.

phillyesq
01-14-2013, 01:29 PM

I don't get into uncharged or unproven allegations against either guy. I've heard some good stories about encounters with Ben (in particular, the one that Mike Lorello's dad posted on the old Trib Board), but I've heard of a lot more negative encounters. And Ben is often his own worst enemy in interviews. He's just not a likeable guy. He's generally more fun to watch than he is frustrating, but nowhere is it written that you have to like an athlete because they are talented.

And I'm far from a "jealouse Yinzer"

SS Laser
01-14-2013, 01:45 PM

And WHY?

Your nutty. He has not even past the 4 time SB QB from the 70's yet in pittsburgh. Ben is very good but there is a standard here. Plus EVERY NFL city loves the back up QB when all is not going well.
I really have never seen the love for Batch as a QB. More love for his work with Ben and being the home town boy.

feltdizz
01-14-2013, 02:11 PM
I don't get into uncharged or unproven allegations against either guy. I've heard some good stories about encounters with Ben (in particular, the one that Mike Lorello's dad posted on the old Trib Board), but I've heard of a lot more negative encounters. And Ben is often his own worst enemy in interviews. He's just not a likeable guy. He's generally more fun to watch than he is frustrating, but nowhere is it written that you have to like an athlete because they are talented.

And I'm far from a "jealouse Yinzer"

if you don't juggle the kiddie bags of Ben you are a jealous yinzer

feltdizz
01-14-2013, 02:18 PM

And WHY?

This Joe? LOL...

It's funny because Joe is loved like crazy yet most say he was pretty sucky...

Why should we treat Ben like Joe Namath? That guy is the only thing the Jets have to hold onto. You talk about Ben like Bradshaw never existed or we never had a trophy in the case before Ben arrived.

RuthlessBurgher
01-14-2013, 02:44 PM

This Joe? LOL...

It's funny because Joe is loved like crazy yet most say he was pretty sucky...

Namath is the most overrated QB ever. A career 50.1 completion percentage with 47 more INT's than TD's over his career (I know it's tough to compare stats across across eras, but those numbers suck out loud in any era). He made the Hall of Fame because of his "guarantee" before Super Bowl III. An AFL team beating an NFL team was certainly a big deal at that time, but Namath himself had little to do with the ultimate result of that game (he was 17-28 for 206 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT). The Jets won because their defense had 4 interceptions and held the Colts a single TD scored with just over 3 minutes left in the game, plus Matt Snell ground out 121 yards on 30 carries and a TD. With his fur coats, sunglasses, and pantyhose, he was way more style than substance. Luckily, southwest PA has spawned numerous other worthy HoF QB's over the years.

Djfan
01-14-2013, 02:44 PM
Tebow does nothing to promote his media attention. The media is soley responsible for his mess of "being a distraction."

I feel bad for the guy. Not a great QB, but he does win when given the chance. Reminds me of Flutie in this regard, except Flutie had mad skills.

We have no need for him though.