PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin or Cowher - Take your pick

steelz09
01-10-2013, 02:44 PM
If Cowher wants to return to coaching and he wanted to coach in Pittsburgh, would you as a fan be willing to swap Tomlin for Cowher right now?

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
01-10-2013, 02:47 PM
Right now? No. Ask again in a year or two.

feltdizz
01-10-2013, 02:47 PM
I voted no...

Sugar
01-10-2013, 02:51 PM
No. Hell no. Not now. Not ever.

steelz09
01-10-2013, 02:56 PM
I would consider it but I'm torn.

Both have their pros and cons.

hawaiiansteel
01-10-2013, 03:33 PM
Bill Cowher reportedly won't coach for 4 to 5 years

By Gregg Rosenthal
Published: Jan. 9, 2013

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/photo/2013/01/09/0ap1000000124101.jpg

Bill Cowher raised some eyebrows at a media event this week by saying he believes he'll coach in the NFL again someday. The 55-year-old CBS analyst has been out of the game for six years. His name no longer comes up for openings, but interest in him remains.

Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that Cowher was contacted by "several" NFL teams in the last few weeks, with the Cleveland Browns one likely team to contact him. But Cowher reportedly doesn't want to coach again for another "four or five years," according to Dulac's source.

Cowher is said to be in a "good place" in his life and seeking "stability" since the death of his wife, Kaye, in 2010. That makes all the sense in the world, but the four- or five-year timeline is a little surprising.

Cowher will be 60 by then. Will interest in him still be high? Even if he intends to coach again, will he feel differently after another five years of a cushy television gig?

This follow-up report sounds like Cowher's camp trying to ease any concerns of his employers at CBS. For now, Cowher doesn't want to close the door on a return to coaching. He likes his name coming up, but we'll believe he's actually coming back when he starts taking interviews and not before.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000124092/article/bill-cowher-reportedly-wont-coach-for-4-to-5-years

Crash
01-10-2013, 03:44 PM
Never.

Cowher was an imbecile. A simple minded Yinzer who had no clue what it took to win championships.

If Cowher had his way Shawn Andrews was our 2004 draft pick.

squidkid
01-10-2013, 06:05 PM
if cowher would have stayed another 6 years he would have a couple more superbowls....minimum

fezziwig
01-10-2013, 07:02 PM

:Agree . ...... .......

hawaiiansteel
01-10-2013, 07:37 PM
if Cowher were to return and win, would it only be because of "Tomlin's players"? ;)

pfelix73
01-10-2013, 08:24 PM
Hell YES. I'd swap in a second. No make that a milli second.

SteelBucks
01-10-2013, 08:26 PM

+1.........

Steelhere10
01-10-2013, 08:29 PM
if Cowher were to return and win, would it only be because of "Tomlin's players"? ;)The haters would say NO that it was all Cowher until he lose multiples AFCCG.

lloydroid
01-10-2013, 08:51 PM
I would consider it but I'm torn.

Both have their pros and cons.

I think a lot depends on what kind of team they were to take over. Right now? I'd have to see after the draft and free agency to make that call. Cowher is better at getting the most out of a team as far as wins in the regular season, and beating the teams he should beat, without question. He is better at holding on to leads, without any doubt. I think Tomlin is better at getting a good team further, as Cowher tends to freeze up in the play offs. He only had two SB trips and one win in 15 years. Tomlin did the same in just four.

lloydroid
01-10-2013, 08:53 PM
Never.

Cowher was an imbecile. A simple minded Yinzer who had no clue what it took to win championships.

If Cowher had his way Shawn Andrews was our 2004 draft pick.

All true, but Cowher doesn't lose to Oak, Cle, SD and TN this season. It doesn't happen.

Sugar
01-10-2013, 08:59 PM
All true, but Cowher doesn't lose to Oak, Cle, SD and TN this season. It doesn't happen.

I don't see why not. Remember the Texans??

Crash
01-10-2013, 09:04 PM

Would this be the same Bill Cowher who lost to three 1st year expansion teams?

Would this be the same Bill Cowher who lost twice to the Bengals in 1998 who were 1-13 vs. the rest of the league?

That guy?

Steelhere10
01-10-2013, 09:06 PM
Or the same Cowher who lost to SD in the AFCCG with that bum qb?

supersteeler
01-10-2013, 09:16 PM
This was an off year where we squashed grapes instead of drinking the wine, I'll stick with Mike Tomlin until the wheels fall off.
They both have the same SB record 1-1. They were in four Super Bowls between them.
I like both Cowher and Tomlin, most teams would love to have either one.

fezziwig
01-10-2013, 09:47 PM
I tell you guys, if Cowher didn't leave the team when he did I would have probably taken up sometype of hobby on Sunday. Cowher can get a cities hopes up like no other coach but, getting the legs kicked out from beneath me too many times has worn a canyon in my Steeler soul.
He would be a great motivator for his first season or two and would have the guys playing beyond their talent but after that, roll the dice and find someone new.

I believe I have always been in Tomlins corner. The 2011 and 2010 seasons cut me deep with Arians and his crapfest. Lebeau too was wearing thin on me and I was starting to focus on Tomlin with displeasure. I'm a bit upset with some of Tomlins stuff from the past and this season. I won't go into but, I will say after all these seasons with Cowher and the whole getting the legs kicked out and so on. All I can say is, Cowher has ruined me for all other disappointing seasons. I just don't have the patience for the losses anymore. I'm getting older, I'm doing the math and there isn't many more Super Bowls in my lifetime or my lifetime to share with my children.
See, I'm not a spoiled Steeler fans as we are looked upon, I want the Steelers to win for all the children. Us benevolent Steeler fans are misunderstood.

Crash
01-10-2013, 10:56 PM
2010 was a crap fest? Didn't we win the conference that year?

kindlecatsb'ng
01-11-2013, 08:06 AM
I tell you guys, if Cowher didn't leave the team when he did I would have probably taken up sometype of hobby on Sunday. Cowher can get a cities hopes up like no other coach but, getting the legs kicked out from beneath me too many times has worn a canyon in my Steeler soul.
He would be a great motivator for his first season or two and would have the guys playing beyond their talent but after that, roll the dice and find someone new.

I believe I have always been in Tomlins corner. The 2011 and 2010 seasons cut me deep with Arians and his crapfest. Lebeau too was wearing thin on me and I was starting to focus on Tomlin with displeasure. I'm a bit upset with some of Tomlins stuff from the past and this season. I won't go into but, I will say after all these seasons with Cowher and the whole getting the legs kicked out and so on. All I can say is, Cowher has ruined me for all other disappointing seasons. I just don't have the patience for the losses anymore. I'm getting older, I'm doing the math and there isn't many more Super Bowls in my lifetime or my lifetime to share with my children.
See, I'm not a spoiled Steeler fans as we are looked upon, I want the Steelers to win for all the children. Us benevolent Steeler fans are misunderstood.

Count your blessings. You could have been a Browns fan! They are wishing to keep a coach more than 2 seasons ;) AND get a franchise QB as well.

Kindle

fezziwig
01-11-2013, 10:26 AM
I've never or at least I think I never decided to be happy or content with my life or my success compared that someone else has it worse than me. I get what your saying, it must be horrible to be a Browns fan or even a Clevlander for that matter.

Oviedo
01-11-2013, 11:46 AM
No way do I want to see Cowher hamming it up on the sidelines so he can get his face on TV. We did that and it got old.

Slapstick
01-11-2013, 12:35 PM
I've never or at least I think I never decided to be happy or content with my life or my success compared that someone else has it worse than me. I get what your saying, it must be horrible to be a Browns fan or even a Clevlander for that matter.

I choose to have an attitude of gratitude and appreciate the blessing that I have...

That does not mean an attitude of complacency...things can usually improve...

I live in the Cleveland area...if I were a Browns fan, life would probably suck...but, Cleveland itself is not a bad place...

It's not as picturesque as Pittsburgh, with the surrounding Allegheny Mountains and all of the bridges, but I have seen and lived in worse places...

fezziwig
01-11-2013, 02:46 PM
I choose to have an attitude of gratitude and appreciate the blessing that I have...

That does not mean an attitude of complacency...things can usually improve...

I live in the Cleveland area...if I were a Browns fan, life would probably suck...but, Cleveland itself is not a bad place...

It's not as picturesque as Pittsburgh, with the surrounding Allegheny Mountains and all of the bridges, but I have seen and lived in worse places...

Ohio does have beautiful places and I didn't mean it like that. It's the point that after having a losing team year after year and in the way they implode every two seasons kind of gives the place a black eye.