Steelhere10
01-10-2013, 01:22 PM
In Gainesville

Eddie Spaghetti
01-10-2013, 01:25 PM
that's not good.

RuthlessBurgher
01-10-2013, 01:28 PM
Any word what for? Hope he's not stalking former girlfriends again...

phillyesq
01-10-2013, 01:30 PM
No idea who this source is, but I hope this isn't true. Reprehensible behavior.

Matt Watts ‏@MattWatt5 Chris Rainey was arrested on a simple battery charge after witnesses saw him pull his girlfriend out of a car and slap her in the face.

Mister Pittsburgh
01-10-2013, 01:34 PM
Oh man. It starts already. Hopefully this is false information.

supersteeler
01-10-2013, 01:41 PM
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/gator_clause/2013/01/former-gators-and-current-steelers-rb-chris-rainey-arrested-on-battery-charge.html

Mister Pittsburgh
01-10-2013, 01:42 PM
Awesome. Now Mike Adams just needs to get caught driving with 5lbs of reefer in his trunk and we will be all set.

supersteeler
01-10-2013, 01:46 PM
Our Steelers are crumbling right before our eyes WTF is going on around here.

Or should I say out there!

BigRob
01-10-2013, 01:47 PM
Our Steelers are crumbling right before our eyes WTF is going on around here.

Really? A guy who had little impact and was going to have to fight tooth and nail just to be on the team gets arrested. And the Steelers are crumbling before our eyes?

Crash
01-10-2013, 01:49 PM
That's his second incident involving a girlfriend.

Interesting to see how they treat this one compared to what they did when James Harrison did the same thing.

supersteeler
01-10-2013, 01:51 PM
The entire season was a disappointment, stories like this add to the disappointment just like when Ta'amu was arrested.
I didn't mean it literally,.....crumbling right before our eyes, but the fact is this season was a huge disappointment!

Notleadpoisoned
01-10-2013, 01:55 PM
Our more recent drafts continue to suck more and more by the day.

phillyesq
01-10-2013, 01:56 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/10/chris-rainey-arrested-for-slapping-girlfriend-over-cell-phone/

feltdizz
01-10-2013, 02:00 PM
not cool at all...

BigRob
01-10-2013, 02:09 PM

Interesting to see how they treat this one compared to what they did when James Harrison did the same thing.

That's an easy answer. He doesn't do **** for this team, he will likely be cut. If he was a star, he would still be on the team.

BigRob
01-10-2013, 02:10 PM
The entire season was a disappointment, stories like this add to the disappointment just like when Ta'amu was arrested.
I didn't mean it literally,.....crumbling right before our eyes, but the fact is this season was a huge disappointment!

Crumbling before our eyes was a bit dramatic. Wouldn't you say?

BradshawsHairdresser
01-10-2013, 02:12 PM
Steelers and Bengals are reversing roles...

After an 8-8 season, players like Rainey and Ta'amu ought to be nervous about their status on the team...it's not like they're indispensible...

Mister Pittsburgh
01-10-2013, 02:43 PM
Rainey should be cut if this incident went down as witnesses said.

steelz09
01-10-2013, 02:58 PM

After an 8-8 season, players like Rainey and Ta'amu ought to be nervous about their status on the team...it's not like they're indispensible...

I was thinking the same thing. What is happening with this team?

What happened to our "high character" locker room? Oh yeah... they are old and retired and we never filled their shoes with anyone that is willing or capable of being a leader. Ben included.

Crash
01-10-2013, 03:14 PM
What happened to our "high character" locker room?

The Steelers locker room has never been the peaches and cream that people think it is.

Ben nor another teammate has no responsibility or capability to stop Chris Rainey from acting like an ass.

flippy
01-10-2013, 03:46 PM
Couple of important questions:

1. What was on the cell phone that the girlfriend wanted so desperately to see? Bet whatever he was hiding on his phone speaks to his character as well.

2. Why in the heck would he have a roommate? I thought only broke people had roommates, not NFLers.

lloydroid
01-10-2013, 04:03 PM
Oh man. It starts already. Hopefully this is false information.

It's not false. He is still locked up and there were several witnesses that viewed him striking her in the face.

Oviedo
01-10-2013, 04:14 PM

Also worried should really be players like Harrison, Woodley, etc. who were actually counted on to do something on the field unlike late round rookie picks. I'm more concerned with the veterans who "vanished" on the field than rookies off the field.

Crash
01-10-2013, 04:26 PM
Chris Rainey waived....

hawaiiansteel
01-10-2013, 04:33 PM
Ed Bouchette ‏@EdBouchette:

GM Colbert “Under the circumstances and due to this conduct, Chris will no longer be a member of the Pittsburgh Steelers.””

and:

Ed Bouchette ‏@EdBouchette:

#steelers waive Chris Rainey

https://twitter.com/EdBouchette

SteelCrazy
01-10-2013, 04:36 PM
Quit playin' girl!

SteelCrazy
01-10-2013, 04:39 PM
They cut him already??? That is fast! He must have admitted to the charges.

Oviedo
01-10-2013, 04:42 PM

Multiple incidents of violence against a woman doesn't sell well. Especially when you make the front page of ESPN's "news mcnuggets"

hawaiiansteel
01-10-2013, 04:42 PM

the Steelers are obviously sending a message that enough is enough...

Dee Dub
01-10-2013, 04:48 PM

The Steelers have been pretty consistent with this stuff. They will give you a chance (prior bad behavior before joining the team), a second chance, but after that you are gone. This is strike two for Rainey.

flippy
01-10-2013, 04:51 PM
Maybe all the Pouncey's will have to reunite in FL. Wonder how Maurkice feels about his brother getting cut?

phillyesq
01-10-2013, 04:55 PM
Maybe all the Pouncey's will have to reunite in FL. Wonder how Maurkice feels about his brother getting cut?

I really don't care how he feels. Maurkice needs to show some leadership, both with Rainey and with his former Florida teammate, Gilbert, who seems to have an aversion to conditioning.

hawaiiansteel
01-10-2013, 04:58 PM

he should be disappointed in Rainey, after all he vouched for his "little brother" before the Steelers went ahead and drafted him.

Crash
01-10-2013, 05:07 PM
He's too busy hawking T-shirts and rap albums.

hawaiiansteel
01-10-2013, 05:18 PM
It's not false. He is still locked up and there were several witnesses that viewed him striking her in the face.

the Pittsburgh Steelers have been voted as the football franchise with the largest female fan base and this type of behavior was not going to go over well at all.

if the Steelers didn't make a move, there would have been quite a backlash from our female fan base so the Steelers went ahead and struck first.

hawaiiansteel
01-10-2013, 09:19 PM
Awesome. Now Mike Adams just needs to get caught driving with 5lbs of reefer in his trunk and we will be all set.

our draft class now doesn't look nearly as good as it first did, huh?

Crash
01-10-2013, 09:21 PM
the Pittsburgh Steelers have been voted as the football franchise with the largest female fan base and this type of behavior was not going to go over well at all.

if the Steelers didn't make a move, there would have been quite a backlash from our female fan base so the Steelers went ahead and struck first.

Oh please.

Steelers female fans don't give a rats ass about Chris Rainey slapping someone.

hawaiiansteel
01-10-2013, 09:31 PM
Oh please.

I disagree, women don't like that sh**.

lloydroid
01-10-2013, 09:42 PM
our draft class now doesn't look nearly as good as it first did, huh?

No....no it doesn't. I was excited about every single pick out of the first 5 rounds. Every one of them.

- DeCastro - supposed can't miss, perenial pro bowler; highest OG grade since Faneca, and not just as a Steeler but as every OG pick since Faneca. He still could end up great, but not yet.

- Adams - I was thrilled they took an OT who looked to be a first round value. Definitely hasn't proven to be of that grade yet, but I am still hoping.

- Spense - had all the signs of a mad killer defender; had all the speed, instincts, desire, was the U's all time tackler. And then the horrible knee injury; no one knows if he will ever be the same player. Major bummer.

- T'amu - described as bigger, faster Hampton. So far, barely stays out of jail, have seen nothing on the field yet.

- Rainey - Huge value as a 5th rounder. No, off team forever.

Definitely a downgrade from what I felt initially. But, four players could still pan out, but haven't yet, for sure.

lloydroid
01-10-2013, 09:43 PM
Oh please.

Most wouldn't really care to the extent of stop being fans.

feltdizz
01-10-2013, 09:52 PM
Female fans aren't shocked when they hear a football player smacked a girlfriend.

hawaiiansteel
01-11-2013, 12:09 AM
Female fans aren't shocked when they hear a football player smacked a girlfriend.

I know my wife doesn't like that player afterwards, that's for darn sure.

fezziwig
01-11-2013, 11:49 AM
I still hear the ladies saying how much they now hate Ben.

The NFL puts on this front of being so above it all but, they continue to allow these guys with gray areas in their past to become players. I'm all for giving a guy a second chance but I wonder if the NFL would ever put their foot down and say, " any arrest, warrants, troubles with the law or criminal records and you are not eligible for the NFL.
If they really want to speak to the youth of America and give these guys guidance they need to get that strict. We might have a few seasons of lack luster players coming through but eventually/hopefully kids will realize you have to fit into society.

Goodell should use his evil powers for good instead of for good of the NFL.

Sugar
01-11-2013, 11:56 AM

The NFL puts on this front of being so above it all but, they continue to allow these guys with gray areas in their past to become players. I'm all for giving a guy a second chance but I wonder if the NFL would ever put their foot down and say, " any arrest, warrants, troubles with the law or criminal records and you are not eligible for the NFL.
If they really want to speak to the youth of America and give these guys guidance they need to get that strict. We might have a few seasons of lack luster players coming through but eventually/hopefully kids will realize you have to fit into society.

Goodell should use his evil powers for good instead of for good of the NFL.

I respectfully disagree. It's just not that big a deal to me.

Slapstick
01-11-2013, 01:09 PM
Didn't Rainey receive a citation for trespassing just a few weeks ago?

After that, the Steelers probably put him on notice...

fezziwig
01-11-2013, 02:42 PM
As an adult it isn't that big of deal for me either but, I do want our children to look up to the proper role models or people they see as role models.

Crash
01-11-2013, 02:51 PM

And those same people cheer for Hometown Charlie.

Just ignorant broads, nothing else.

Sugar
01-11-2013, 03:35 PM
As an adult it isn't that big of deal for me either but, I do want our children to look up to the proper role models or people they see as role models.

IMO, that's a job for parents, teachers, pastors and communities. If someone runs afoul of the law, then they should pay the consequences and have their due process in a court of law and not in Goodell's mind.

feltdizz
01-11-2013, 04:50 PM
IMO, that's a job for parents, teachers, pastors and communities. If someone runs afoul of the law, then they should pay the consequences and have their due process in a court of law and not in Goodell's mind.

Down here in Charlotte there are some fans who are still hating on Cam because he stole a laptop at Florida. Some fans think these guys are role models.

Shawn
01-11-2013, 07:09 PM

we both know it will be different, because Harrison is a superstar...Rainey is questionable at best. Right or wrong that is how things work.

Eddie Spaghetti
01-11-2013, 11:28 PM
speculation is the case will be dismissed.

supersteeler
01-12-2013, 12:20 AM

Yep. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000125142/article/chris-raineys-girlfriend-says-no-assault-took-place

Eich
01-12-2013, 01:43 AM
So,if Rainey was jailed over a misunderstanding and released, can he be released by the Steelers and then rejoin?

A bit of a premature overreaction by the Steelers it seems.

This team seems to have lots of stupid in it lately.

thor75
01-12-2013, 01:50 AM
So,if Rainey was jailed over a misunderstanding and released, can he be released by the Steelers and then rejoin?

Including the players.

hawaiiansteel
01-12-2013, 01:58 AM

why not, we cut and then later re-signed Ta'amu after his act of stupidity...

Slapstick
01-12-2013, 09:06 AM
Officially, Rainey can't be waived until after the Super Bowl. The Steelers could reconsider...

fezziwig
01-12-2013, 10:34 AM
why not, we cut and then later re-signed Ta'amu after his act of stupidity...

Good stuff Hawaiin. I personally don't care if we get him back or not because I don't think he'll be a durable player through the years and if he shows a spark of talent the Steelers will over pay for him when his contract is due. I just don't believe he's that much of an improvement to the team. I was currious if other teams would have tried signing him after this last incident but now, I'm sure someone would take him since his name looks like it will be cleared. Even with what I have said, the Steelers acted to quickly on this.

phillyesq
01-12-2013, 12:20 PM

Tough to prosecute when the alleged victim won't cooperate.

Eddie Spaghetti
01-12-2013, 12:24 PM
personally, I think the FO overreacted, but I don't know what rainey was told in regards to staying out of the news.

should have waited a day or two to let the dust settle.