PDA

View Full Version : Maybe Just Me But...

NorthCoast
12-30-2012, 06:18 PM
It looked to me like Ben was indecisive, staring down receivers, and generally not in sync with the offense. He definitely needs some time off to heal and reflect.

pittpete
12-30-2012, 06:21 PM
Ben didnt have much time today to stare down receivers IMO.
Pretty much pressured all game

Steelhere10
12-30-2012, 06:23 PM
Looked the same to me doing all of the above like his whole career, but with this offensive line I think any QB will. Maybe it's me but this OL still stinks even Pouncey looked bad constantly getting shoved back into Bens lap.

pittpete
12-30-2012, 06:28 PM
I think Pouncey is great when hes pullin.
IMO there are too many OL pulling and moving on any given run play.
Probably why our handoffs seem to takeforever.
Also, Paulson is absolute garbage in the run game.

NorthCoast
12-30-2012, 06:33 PM
did I hear the announcers say that the Browns OL played snap this season except for the LG?? .... OMG...what that must be like? ... at one point I thought I had a Malecki sighting on the Steelers OL... ??

Steel Life
12-30-2012, 06:36 PM
We see this a lot - our WRs are not getting open on the initial break or the line doesn't hold long enough for the play to develop, whatever it is...Ben is lacking confidence to put the ball in there. As for Pouncey, I know he's being run down for the Pro-Bowl selection & I'll admit he's not playing his best but he is surrounded by rookies & scrubs & it's gotta be hard to make chicken-salad out of chicken-sh!t all the time.

JB13
12-30-2012, 10:44 PM
Watched the Pats game today. Every time I see them play, Brady has all day to throw. Amazing how much time he has to sit back and survey the field. His O line is beastly - big, quick, tough. Our O line doesn't seem to be any of those things.

tiproast
12-30-2012, 10:56 PM
Watched the Pats game today. Every time I see them play, Brady has all day to throw. Amazing how much time he has to sit back and survey the field. His O line is beastly - big, quick, tough. Our O line doesn't seem to be any of those things.
Dante Scarnecchia has been o line coach for a long time. He does a really good job. And Belichick invests in the line at draft time.

Having Gronkowski back is huge - it's like having another tackle on the field.