PDA

View Full Version : I blame all the draft talk for our bad season.

feltdizz
12-24-2012, 08:38 PM
After the 3rd week I started seeing threads about who we should draft. I thought it was a bad idea and this season proves me right... lol.

Good teams and good fans don't talk about draft slots until we are out of the playoff hunt.

Mods... do better, be great next year.

papillon
12-24-2012, 10:31 PM
Merry Christmas. :moon

Pappy

Oviedo
12-24-2012, 11:20 PM
After the 3rd week I started seeing threads about who we should draft. I thought it was a bad idea and this season proves me right... lol.

Good teams and good fans don't talk about draft slots until we are out of the playoff hunt.

Mods... do better, be great next year.

I'm sure that was the reason. Next year maybe we should sacrifice some goats or something:rolleyes:

hawaiiansteel
12-25-2012, 02:32 AM
Dee Dub is obviously to blame for us not making the playoffs this season, what could he possibly have been thinking with all of these mock draft threads? :o

fordfixer
12-25-2012, 02:44 AM
I'm sure that was the reason. Next year maybe we should sacrifice some goats or something:rolleyes:
Or at least feltdizz :)

papillon
12-25-2012, 07:59 AM

See, now this is the kind of critical thinking that is needed at this time. :p Merry Christmas Feltdizz, we're having a little fun at your expense.

Pappy

feltdizz
12-25-2012, 10:35 AM

Ayoooo! Yoooooi and double yoi.

Merry Christmas.... and bring back Crash!

Dee Dub
12-25-2012, 02:16 PM
Dee Dub is obviously to blame for us not making the playoffs this season, what could he possibly have been thinking with all of these mock draft threads? :o

Yeah...some have the ability to actually see past their hearts. ;-) My "The Window has Closed" post was pretty spot on. But as I said in that thread that window could be re-opened rather easily and another long run could be made by the Steelers, if they make the right moves.

Manti Te'o is a huge step in that direction.

papillon
12-25-2012, 02:23 PM
Yeah...some have the ability to actually see past their hearts. ;-) My "The Window has Closed" post was pretty spot on. But as I said in that thread that window could be re-opened rather easily and another long run could be made by the Steelers, if they make the right moves.

Manti Te'o is a huge step in that direction.

I'll be shocked if he makes it past 1.5 in the draft. However, if he makes it past there he could slip to 1.11 which is about as high as the Steelers might be drafting. I'd love to see him in Black and Gold, but highly unlikely.

Pappy

Dee Dub
12-25-2012, 02:28 PM
I'll be shocked if he makes it past 1.5 in the draft. However, if he makes it past there he could slip to 1.11 which is about as high as the Steelers might be drafting. I'd love to see him in Black and Gold, but highly unlikely.

Pappy

I think the Steelers will be drafting at 12, and I do believe there is a good chance Te'o will be there. With the need for QB's, OT's, and pass rushers, teams will over draft like they do every year. I believe Buffalo is the only team, ahead of the Steelers who may look at drafting Te'o. But they also have a lot of other needs as well.

papillon
12-25-2012, 02:47 PM
I think the Steelers will be drafting at 12, and I do believe there is a good chance Te'o will be there. With the need for QB's, OT's, and pass rushers, teams will over draft like they do every year. I believe Buffalo is the only team, ahead of the Steelers who may look at drafting Te'o. But they also have a lot of other needs as well.

Dee Dub, don't take this the wrong way, but I'd seek you out and kiss you if the Steelers manage to figure a way to get Te'o in the Black and Gold,between him and Timmons the Steelers would have electrifying sideline to sideline play makers.

Pappy

lloydroid
12-25-2012, 03:02 PM
We have to make it through the combines before we have a better idea on our chances with this guy. If he blows up the 40, etc. we aren't gonna have a shot unless we give up a boat load of picks, which I don't think would be wise. But the image of him and Timmons roaming the middle of the field is enticing.

papillon
12-25-2012, 04:05 PM
We have to make it through the combines before we have a better idea on our chances with this guy. If he blows up the 40, etc. we aren't gonna have a shot unless we give up a boat load of picks, which I don't think would be wise. But the image of him and Timmons roaming the middle of the field is enticing.

Well, we didn't think DeCastro would drop either and, then, like clockwork teams started overdrafting quarterbacks and other players and the next thing you know, there's DeCastro just sitting for the taking. Personally, I can't wait to see him with a complete training camp under his belt and healthy tio see what he can do.

Pappy

fordfixer
12-26-2012, 12:19 AM
Ayoooo! Yoooooi and double yoi.

Merry Christmas.... and bring back Crash!
Merry Christmas to you also and NO