PDA

View Full Version : Season Over, Let's Talk About Something Stupid

Jigawatts
12-23-2012, 07:49 PM
Keisel's 15 yard penalty. WTF was that. Yukon Cornelius has been doing this after a sack his entire career and he gets flagged today???:moon

DukieBoy
12-23-2012, 07:52 PM
I was trying to get over my OCD fit over that call. Here we go ... Maybe I'll try handwashing this time.

NJ-STEELER
12-23-2012, 08:02 PM
what about the people mimicking tebow last year.

no calls on them?

lloydroid
12-23-2012, 08:28 PM
If there was a rule change (didn't they say something about he went on the ground?) then he should have been told about it. He has been doing that forever, never a flag. He doesn't do it in anyone's face; I don't find it all that disrespectful. That was BS. And it cost us major field position at least.

jj28west
12-23-2012, 09:29 PM
Ironically, the reason was because he went to the ground. RG III & Tebow go to the ground. The thing that gets the blood boiling is the inconsistency in the interpretation of the rule.

steelfin
12-23-2012, 10:20 PM
That was crazy....It seemed to me I have been watching that celebration for years...

Does he usually not go down to his knee?

That was a total BS call...but typical of the season this team had....

SidSmythe
12-23-2012, 10:29 PM
Ironically, the reason was because he went to the ground. RG III & Tebow go to the ground. The thing that gets the blood boiling is the inconsistency in the interpretation of the rule.

Not sure if TEBOW has had anything to TEBOW about this year???

Slapstick
12-23-2012, 10:37 PM
It's not over. We've got one more game. If the offense doesn't show up to play next week, I don't know what I'll do. They can't ruin another holiday for me....

Steelersdude
12-23-2012, 11:05 PM
I know they said it was because he knelt down. How does that constitute excessive celibration? If what 99 did is excessive, then leaving the field of play, alla Lambeau Leap, should result in a full game suspension.

skyhawk
12-23-2012, 11:16 PM
It's not over. We've got one more game. If the offense doesn't show up to play next week, I don't know what I'll do. They can't ruin another holiday for me....

Wait. What???

Almost all of the guys at the Steelers bar here in Seattle aren't even watching next weekend. Ha. It's over.

BUT, there's always next season! Go Cubs!

SS Laser
12-24-2012, 02:20 AM
Wait. What???

Almost all of the guys at the Steelers bar here in Seattle aren't even watching next weekend. Ha. It's over.

BUT, there's always next season! Go Cubs!

That is so wrong. Next week is the start for next year. Who comes to play for some pride?

NW Steeler
12-24-2012, 02:35 AM
That is so wrong. Next week is the start for next year. Who comes to play for some pride?

Exactly. If this team comes out and lays an egg next weekend, it is a bad sign going forward.

Oviedo
12-24-2012, 07:40 AM

Really? Play one game with pride? What about the previous 15 where they looked terrible. Sorry but I don't embrace the play for pride nonsense when the game means nothing. Yesterday was the pride game and they blew it.

flippy
12-24-2012, 09:40 AM
I remember Willie Parker having a breakout performance in a game that didn't matter. I'd like to see what some of our young guys can do next week. We should bring back Hoyer to see what he can do. Give him a chance to come back next year.

How bout giving Rainey the start at RB? Or letting him play in the slot with Sanders and Brown on the outside?

If Adams can dress, give him a game at LT.

It's like preseason all over. Hopefully Cleveland brings their A game next week.

DukieBoy
12-24-2012, 10:19 AM
I remember Willie Parker having a breakout performance in a game that didn't matter. I'd like to see what some of our young guys can do next week. We should bring back Hoyer to see what he can do. Give him a chance to come back next year.

How bout giving Rainey the start at RB? Or letting him play in the slot with Sanders and Brown on the outside?

If Adams can dress, give him a game at LT.

It's like preseason all over. Hopefully Cleveland brings their A game next week.

Didn't Hoyer sign somewhere else and is on someone's roster? Probably Arizona, given history.