PDA

View Full Version : Blame yourself Ben two weeks straight

Steelhere10
12-23-2012, 05:15 PM
You are the main reason for two losses straight.

BradshawsHairdresser
12-23-2012, 05:19 PM
Some of you didn't want to hear it last week, but once again we see, Ben is no longer clutch. He can no longer be counted on to make the right decisions and the right throws in crunch time. Sorry, but the truth is painful. Too bad. A good defensive effort was wasted today.

feltdizz
12-23-2012, 05:20 PM
I asked...

drprwnap
12-23-2012, 05:21 PM
Ben, the running backs, and the PUTRID OFFENSIVE LINE.

Steelhere10
12-23-2012, 05:21 PM
The bad thing about it is Wallace was open and the overthrew him twice the first was a td.

SidSmythe
12-23-2012, 05:23 PM
I say we CUT him and DeCastro!!!

8467thekraken
12-23-2012, 05:24 PM
i effin can't stand steelers fans.

you are unbelievable.

without ben we have ZERO superbowl appearances in the past 8 years. not to mention 2 superbowl wins and an additional appearance.

just shut up!!!

Eddie Spaghetti
12-23-2012, 05:26 PM
cant wait for his hollow apology.

supersteeler
Our defense put out a tremendous effort, I would of punted and let our defense win the game. Ben was terrible and the GOAT for two weeks now.

Steelhere10
Ben brought this on himself, blaming Haley last week although true.

ramblinjim
12-23-2012, 05:27 PM
yeah Ben stunk two weeks in a row.

SteelBucks
12-23-2012, 05:28 PM
You are the main reason for two losses straight.
tomlin made some really bad decisions though. 56 yd FG? Not taking a knee for OT? DUMB

eniparadoxgma
12-23-2012, 05:30 PM
Ben, the running backs, and the PUTRID OFFENSIVE LINE.

Why are you blaming the RBs? I thought they were good today.

Va Steelr
12-23-2012, 05:30 PM
Ben has done a lot for this team,but the fact is he has been bad since coming back.I expect him to do a lot more in the future.There were a LOT of stupid decisions today,more than enough to go around but it was ALL on the offense and coaches.

Steelhere10
12-23-2012, 05:31 PM
Tomlin, Haley and DL was questionable at best. But neither blamed any one other than the whole team. Ben distinctly called out TH although both was directly his fault for the loss

SteelBucks
12-23-2012, 05:34 PM
This collapse was a team effort. Fundamentally unsound football on the field and on the sideline.

Steeler Mafia
12-23-2012, 05:40 PM
I have stayed quiet all year long, but I can't stand to do so any longer. Ben can say or blame whomever he wants, but these two losses are on him. He made the descision to throw both those balls. Trying to be cute rather than thinking about managing the game in the situations given. He needs to take this offseason and think about protecting the football and, hopefully, LEARN THE DANG OFFENSE!

DukieBoy
12-23-2012, 05:41 PM
1 and 6 for the last 7 games. 3 losses since Ben's return.

SteelBucks
12-23-2012, 05:43 PM
1 and 6 for the last 7 games. 3 losses since Ben's return.
Not exactly the resume of a playoff team.

8467thekraken
12-23-2012, 05:44 PM
i say again...

BradshawsHairdresser
12-23-2012, 05:52 PM

you are unbelievable.

without ben we have ZERO superbowl appearances in the past 8 years. not to mention 2 superbowl wins and an additional appearance.

just shut up!!!

Sorry to disappoint, but I won't shut up. Who died and made you boss?

Undoubtedly, we owe a debt of gratitude to Ben for his contributions in past years. I'm thankful we've had him these past 8 years.

But does that mean that we can't come to a point where we recognize that his performance isn't what it could be, or once was? Hey, let's suit up Terry Bradshaw...and I can't believe anyone would ever argue with that notion or say otherwise...because, after all, without him, we would have 4 less superbowl wins than we do.

SS Laser
12-23-2012, 05:57 PM
Ben told everyone he did not want to change the offense. This offense has taken some of Ben's magic away it seems. Hope Ben can get healthy and find his magic again for next year.:(

Eddie Spaghetti
12-23-2012, 05:57 PM
Tomlin, Haley and DL was questionable at best. But neither blamed any one other than the whole team. Ben distinctly called out TH although both was directly his fault for the loss

how is lebeau questionable today?

SidSmythe
12-23-2012, 06:01 PM
how is lebeau questionable today?

This guy hasn't posted anything that's made sense on here so don't expect an intelligent response here.

Eddie Spaghetti
12-23-2012, 06:03 PM
This guy hasn't posted anything that's made sense on here so don't expect an intelligent response here.

yeah, i know.

was just hoping he would try. i need a laugh.

DukieBoy
12-23-2012, 06:09 PM
Dalton outplayed Ben today.

rider500
12-23-2012, 06:11 PM
...I've seen this before with the Penguins. ...arguably the best player on the team at one point, JJ, was disatisfied with the coaching (Constantine) his star status v. Lemieux, his arrogance, and suddenly the entire team is in disarray. I don't like Tomlin because he did not corral the attitude problems. I have a really hard time with Ben's controlling ego. I just have a funny feeling that Ben wanted to play poorly enough so as to see Haley gone. Ben forced his teamates to take an unnecessary stand for him a couple of years ago, and Ben did not reperesent his team well over the years publically. Those are the things that JJ did. Nobody would argue JJ's skill, but his attitude

DukieBoy
12-23-2012, 06:14 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/ben-roethlisberger-inexplicable-interception-finishes-steelers-playoff-hopes-215209018--nfl.html

When teams are tempted to take a chance late in a game backed up in their own territory, they might remember what Ben Roethlisberger (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6770) did on Sunday and run out the clock instead. ....

williar
12-23-2012, 06:14 PM
Ben has issues. Draft Geno Smith!

SidSmythe
12-23-2012, 06:17 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/ben-roethlisberger-inexplicable-interception-finishes-steelers-playoff-hopes-215209018--nfl.html

When teams are tempted to take a chance late in a game backed up in their own territory, they might remember what Ben Roethlisberger (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6770) did on Sunday and run out the clock instead. ....

Darned if you DO, Darned if you DON'T

Jooser
12-23-2012, 06:29 PM
...I've seen this before with the Penguins. ...arguably the best player on the team at one point, JJ, was disatisfied with the coaching (Constantine) his star status v. Lemieux, his arrogance, and suddenly the entire team is in disarray. I don't like Tomlin because he did not corral the attitude problems. I have a really hard time with Ben's controlling ego. I just have a funny feeling that Ben wanted to play poorly enough so as to see Haley gone. Ben forced his teamates to take an unnecessary stand for him a couple of years ago, and Ben did not reperesent his team well over the years publically. Those are the things that JJ did. Nobody would argue JJ's skill, but his attitude

This. I thought the same today myself. He wants Haley out of there.

NJ-STEELER
12-23-2012, 06:47 PM
BEN TODAY FOR SURE

last week, AB gets my vote

SS Laser
12-23-2012, 07:38 PM
Quick funny post. My Mother is talking to my 3 year old daughter about liking footbal or notl. My little one says " I don't like Ben" He does not play good. No one here said anything about Ben playing good or bad. Was just watching redzone and they were talking about liking football. LOL! Way to funny. She pulls stuff like this all the time and shocks everyone. Hope someone else on here gets a laugh on a bad day. I did.:D

lloydroid
12-23-2012, 08:38 PM
Sorry to disappoint, but I won't shut up. Who died and made you boss?

Undoubtedly, we owe a debt of gratitude to Ben for his contributions in past years. I'm thankful we've had him these past 8 years.

But does that mean that we can't come to a point where we recognize that his performance isn't what it could be, or once was? Hey, let's suit up Terry Bradshaw...and I can't believe anyone would ever argue with that notion or say otherwise...because, after all, without him, we would have 4 less superbowl wins than we do.

Yea, I hate the (il)logic of "We would have never won 2 Super Bowls" as if that is a bullet proof vest, never to have said player questioned, ever again. That is just stupid.

Mister Pittsburgh
12-23-2012, 08:44 PM

you are unbelievable.

just shut up!!!

You are crazy. The defenses we have had would have made it possible to have Phillip Rivers under center and we make Superbowls. With Ben at the helm our offenses are rarely above 20th in the NFL while our defenses are right at the top if not at the top.

Dee Dub
12-23-2012, 09:03 PM
Ben has issues. Draft Geno Smith!

And what if Geno Smith turns into Akili Smith? Oh never mind, you are the genius that would rather have 12-19 Cam Newton over Ben Roethlisberger. :p

steelfin
12-23-2012, 10:06 PM
Ben lost the magic this year...Ben had plenty of chances to win late in games this year but couldn't get the job done...Obviously there are several factors that contributed to us losing all the games we lost, but QB play is a big factor.

Ben has been great for this team over the years and he seemed to be off to a good start this year. I am not certain that the Haley offense is a fit for Ben's style of play. Ben just doesn't seem to be consistent enough to put together long scoring drives on a regular basis....maybe he just loses his patience...I don't know....but Ben's game needs the big play to be successful. Haley's offense took very few shots down field this year, even though we have some of the fastest receivers in the league...I thought he was praised for evolving the offense around the strengths of his players? I am not sure I am buying into that....I think the Haley offense was the same one he used in KC and our performance against the AFC West appears to confirm this....We struggled on offense and lost 3 of 4....

Ben is a great QB and should be considered in the elite class....but Ben is no Tom Brady or Peyton Manning (and maybe a few others)...They are in a different class

I am glad he is our QB...but he needs to play much better than he did this year....another year wasted with our franchise QB.

SF

SidSmythe
12-23-2012, 10:39 PM
And what if Geno Smith turns into Akili Smith? Oh never mind, you are the genius that would rather have 12-19 Cam Newton over Ben Roethlisberger. :p

It's amazing how people are so blinded by emotion they can't see the forest from the trees.

I'm all for drafting a Young backup QB.....but not in case BEN just turns into a bum, but in case BEN goes down.
But moving forward, I make him my Franchise QB for the next 5 yrs. at least w/ a decent backup just in case

Slapstick
12-23-2012, 10:50 PM
Ben hasn't been right since he came back from the shoulder injury. Period. Look at the stats and the record before and after.....

steelfin
12-23-2012, 10:56 PM
Ben hasn't been right since he came back from the shoulder injury. Period. Look at the stats and the record before and after.....

Agreed....which begs the question...Should he have played? Did he give us the best shot at winning over the last three weeks?