PDA

View Full Version : Opponent Coach Said it...

NorthCoast
12-19-2012, 08:27 PM
"We would not have beat the Steelers if Ike Taylor was playing".

-Norv Turner

Va Steelr
12-19-2012, 10:23 PM
probably true,but that was a sad effort all around

SidSmythe
12-19-2012, 10:50 PM
Mix that with Ben coming off an injury and it was a recipe for disaster

pittpete
12-19-2012, 10:56 PM
O, so thats why we got crushed at home..
Thanks Norv, that explains everything....
Can you tell us why we lost to the Raiders,Titans and Browns earlier in the year?

feltdizz
12-20-2012, 09:53 AM
If Norv said it... it must be true.

papillon
12-20-2012, 10:23 AM
It doesn't make it true, but it is an opinion from someone closely involved in the NFL and in particular that game. Regardless of what fans think, the coaches in the NFL do know a thing or two about playing football, and in particular, playing football in the NFL. Just sayin...

Pappy

fordfixer
12-20-2012, 03:34 PM
It doesn't make it true, but it is an opinion from someone closely involved in the NFL and in particular that game. Regardless of what fans think, the coaches in the NFL do know a thing or two about playing football, and in particular, playing football in the NFL. Just sayin...

Pappy
Now that's just crazy talk;)

feltdizz
12-20-2012, 03:41 PM

Pappy

I get that... and while we are a better team with Ike on D we still lost to Oak, Tenn, Clev, Denver, and struggled to beat KC.

I could see if Ike was an INT machine but it's just fluff to make us feel better about a loss.

Slapstick
12-20-2012, 03:49 PM
I get that... and while we are a better team with Ike on D we still lost to Oak, Tenn, Clev, Denver, and struggled to beat KC.

I could see if Ike was an INT machine but it's just fluff to make us feel better about a loss.

1) Why would Norv Turner want to make us feel better about a loss?

2) It wasn't Ike that cost us the games you mention...it was turnovers on offense and special teams....

Dee Dub
12-20-2012, 03:58 PM
Is there a link for this quote?

I have never in my life heard a coach ever say this. Why would a coach admit his team couldn't win a game based on a single player? It is an omission that your team isn't good enough to overcome one player let alone a whole team. If this is true Norv Turner should be fired on that alone.

RuthlessBurgher
12-20-2012, 04:45 PM
Don't worry, he has plenty of other stuff he should be fired for instead.

Snatch98
12-20-2012, 04:58 PM

Seriously. Here is your answer as to why he'd say it. He has nothing to lose, he's a lame duck Coach right now.

lloydroid
12-20-2012, 05:33 PM
O, so thats why we got crushed at home..
Thanks Norv, that explains everything....
Can you tell us why we lost to the Raiders,Titans and Browns earlier in the year?

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.....

ikestops85
12-20-2012, 07:26 PM
Is it time to start the "Turner for OC" Thread? :stirpot

Dee Dub
12-20-2012, 09:44 PM

Agreed but this is a spot foul. Meaning he should be fired on the spot for that comment. No waiting till the end of the season. You check out on us like that then you don't get to coach anymore.