PDA

View Full Version : Mark Sanchez: New backup QB?

DBR96A
12-18-2012, 03:06 PM
It appears that Mark Sanchez is done with the Jets, and though he probably doesn't have what it takes to be a starter in the NFL, I'm sure he can play well for a couple of games at a time if needed. He's pretty durable, from what I can tell, and besides, if Todd Haley could help resurrect Kurt Warner's career and make Matt Cassel look good, then I'm sure he can make Sanchez look at least adequate. Do you think the Steelers should give him a look as a backup QB?

pfelix73
12-18-2012, 03:15 PM
No. I would be in favor of bringing Hoyer back to compete for that back up role.

fordfixer
12-18-2012, 03:16 PM
We have enough people giving the ball away already don't we?

Oviedo
12-18-2012, 03:18 PM
No. I would be in favor of bringing Hoyer back to compete for that back up role.

Yes, I would also like to see Hoyer come back and maybe grab a developmental QB in Rounds 5-7.

Sanchez just needs to get out of New York. I think he could be a serviceable QB ala Alex Smith on a new team. However, no one is going to trade for him with the ridiculous contract the Jets jsut gave him.

SidSmythe
12-18-2012, 03:23 PM
He's got athletic ability, but I see him having that "west coast" surfer mentality and is on cloud 9 half the time.

His biggest problem is inaccuracy and I don't know if that can be fixed.

DBR96A
12-18-2012, 03:28 PM
He's got athletic ability, but I see him having that "west coast" surfer mentality and is on cloud 9 half the time.
Ah, Matt Leinart Syndrome.

lloydroid
12-18-2012, 03:29 PM
It appears that Mark Sanchez is done with the Jets, and though he probably doesn't have what it takes to be a starter in the NFL, I'm sure he can play well for a couple of games at a time if needed. He's pretty durable, from what I can tell, and besides, if Todd Haley could help resurrect Kurt Warner's career and make Matt Cassel look good, then I'm sure he can make Sanchez look at least adequate. Do you think the Steelers should give him a look as a backup QB?

U R insane? Why would you add a QB with zero upside, ON PURPOSE? Well, I guess that is what they did with Batch and Lefty but why not look for a QB who could develop and has some POTENTIAL upside?

feltdizz
12-18-2012, 03:30 PM
Sanchez SUCKS... hell no.

lloydroid
12-18-2012, 03:37 PM

His biggest problem is inaccuracy and I don't know if that can be fixed.

Yea, and he is immature and mentally weak. No thanks.

skyhawk
12-18-2012, 03:42 PM
We have enough people giving the ball away already don't we?

+1 :cool:

skyhawk
12-18-2012, 03:42 PM
NO Sanchez. No way. WTF.

Sugar
12-18-2012, 03:53 PM
Let's just draft Matt Barkley instead. He can sit behind Ben for a year or two and learn along the way. He can also fill in for the handful of games that Ben is invariably out every year. We then have our line of succession for the post-Ben years.

It sounds crazy, and maybe it is, but it makes just as much sense to me as picking up Sanchez.

steelfin
12-18-2012, 05:07 PM
I think I just puked in my mouth a little...Hell no to Sanchez....

pittpete
12-18-2012, 06:30 PM
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/56196/1457610-____________________super.jpg

SidSmythe
12-18-2012, 06:36 PM

I watched the Hard Knocks Series with the Jets in his 2nd year.
He obviously didn't take his job seriously....known as the practical joker type. Then he ordered a hot dog on the sideline during a preseason game.

I thought maybe he'd grow up and maybe he has some....but I don't think he has any focus.

AngryAsian
12-18-2012, 06:41 PM

This epitomizes irony.

JAR
12-18-2012, 07:49 PM
No to Sanchez and Hoyer is a Cardinal as of now. http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/12477/brian-hoyer

fordfixer
12-18-2012, 08:48 PM
This epitomizes irony.
funny:D..........

RuthlessBurgher
12-18-2012, 08:53 PM
I still say we should use a mid-round pick on Zac Dysert as a developmental QB prospect.

After all, we've had success with drafting a QB from Miami of Ohio before.

Chucktownsteeler
12-30-2012, 11:26 AM
I would rather see Matt Cassell brought in to bacl-up Ben.

Oviedo
12-30-2012, 11:28 AM
I still say we should use a mid-round pick on Zac Dysert as a developmental QB prospect.

After all, we've had success with drafting a QB from Miami of Ohio before.

Totally love the Dysert pick!

Chucktownsteeler
12-30-2012, 11:32 AM
Totally love the Dysert pick!

Very interesting pick!

NorthCoast
12-30-2012, 11:32 AM
Let me help you with that answer:

BWHAAAA....Haaaaa.....haaaaa....... while we are at it, let's just sign Tebow as well.

phillyesq
12-30-2012, 11:39 AM
I would rather see Matt Cassell brought in to bacl-up Ben.

He makes sense as a guy who should be competent.

As for Sanchez, no way. He is the type of QB who will lose games for you. Plus, he seems to bring drama and celebrity with him, and that is not what you want out of a backup.

NorthCoast
12-30-2012, 11:52 AM
He makes sense as a guy who should be competent.

As for Sanchez, no way. He is the type of QB who will lose games for you. Plus, he seems to bring drama and celebrity with him, and that is not what you want out of a backup.

word out of NY is Sanchez is more in love with status of being an NFL QB than he is about actually being a good one...

Mister Pittsburgh
12-30-2012, 01:52 PM
Sign Tebow as a RB.

Shoe
12-30-2012, 03:44 PM
Look, like everyone else, I know this guy sucks as a starting or franchise QB. But as a back-up? $hoot, you could do a heckuva lot worse (e.g. Batch, Leftwich) than Buttfumble as your back-up QB. Five years starting experience, under 30 years old, and deep playoff experience (two AFCC games)...

It's not going to happen, because he will most certainly go to a place where his prospects to start are much greater... Plus, we don't need his "pretty-boy" drama. But I can't think of many (any) back-ups who are obviously better than him.