PDA

View Full Version : Steelers in talks with Mendy for new contract...bwaaaaahahahahahah

lloydroid
12-17-2012, 04:20 PM
If they do this, I am putting all my Steeler gear in a pile, throwing gas on it and lighting it never to return as a fan. If they are possibly this moronic, I no longer have any time or $ for this team.

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/d9a9d?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=pittsburgh-steelers

They have a MASSIVE chemistry and attitude problem on this team, and they are in talks for a new contract with one of the biggest contributors to attitude problems on the team, not to mention, his performance STINKS. But they want to bring him back? I have a rock in my front yard with more brains than these bozos.

Oviedo
12-17-2012, 04:26 PM
If they do this, I am putting all my Steeler gear in a pile, throwing gas on it and lighting it never to return as a fan. If they are possibly this moronic, I no longer have any time or $ for this team.

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/d9a9d?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=pittsburgh-steelers

They have a MASSIVE chemistry and attitude problem on this team, and they are in talks for a new contract with one of the biggest contributors to attitude problems on the team, not to mention, his performance STINKS. But they want to bring him back? I have a rock in my front yard with more brains than these bozos.

Please sign Mendy! Please sign Mendy! Please sign Mendy!

RuthlessBurgher
12-17-2012, 04:29 PM
This report is crap. The Steelers have never talked contract while a season is in session.

flippy
12-17-2012, 04:31 PM

Can u film and put this on youtube?

BigRob
12-17-2012, 04:43 PM

I have never wanted a team to sign someone to an extension so badly. You are no true Steelers fan. That is one thing I can respect about some Browns fans, they take the good with the bad.

Bye

feltdizz
12-17-2012, 04:49 PM
I could see it happening... his stock is low.. and our RB position is in shambles. I like the "idea" of Dwyer with Redman as a back up but can anyone honestly say they see that combo lasting longer than 2 games?

These guys aren't ready or designed to be the feature back and unless we find a gem in a later round it makes sense to sign Mendenhall.

Eddie Spaghetti
12-17-2012, 04:54 PM
sign mendenhall then cut him.

problem solved.

Dee Dub
12-17-2012, 05:09 PM
Can u film and put this on youtube?

ESPN had this on their front page the other say. I dont understand it myself.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8751797/rashard-mendenhall-pittsburgh-steelers-discuss-deal-sources

phillyesq
12-17-2012, 05:15 PM

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8751797/rashard-mendenhall-pittsburgh-steelers-discuss-deal-sources

Makes no sense. Also, what does this mean:

"communicating and committing to meaningful contractual conversation with the running back's deal expiring this offseason"?

It could be a simple as the Steelers saying to Mendenhall and his agent that they'll talk to him about his contract after the season.

Oviedo
12-17-2012, 05:22 PM

problem solved.

Another Christmas Miracle...we agree again! We would get rid of two problems.

flippy
12-17-2012, 05:48 PM

problem solved.

i never thought about this, but I wonder if you could extend a guy to reduce the cap hit right before cutting him? Like would Colon take $100K to extend his contract a couple of years so we could spread out the cap hit before cutting him?

Just using him as an example because he would cost a lot to cut. wondering if there's a sneaky way to spread out that hit.

lloydroid
12-17-2012, 06:16 PM
This report is crap. The Steelers have never talked contract while a season is in session.

Then why would one of the most reliable reporters be reporting this? Just for crap and coo coos?

lloydroid
12-17-2012, 06:24 PM
I have never wanted a team to sign someone to an extension so badly. You are no true Steelers fan. That is one thing I can respect about some Browns fans, they take the good with the bad.

Bye

Unfortunately for you, you are powerless to cause anything to happen. Just a fart in the wind. As a fan I have every right to form any opinion I choose to, and you can't do a wet fart about it. Nothing. I have remained a fan all through the 80s, when you still were peeing your bed. Come lecture me on being a fan after you have sat through dozens of play off games. Come lecture me when you have had to be a fan through Mark Malone, Cliff Stoudt, Walter Abercombie, Huey Richardson et al. Oh, and respecting Browns' fans? Way to go. They endlessly support an endless looser, and you think that is something to revere. I have some dog turds in my yard; do you want to come over and worship them? I should video tape the turds and then super-impose you bowing to them. Send me your photo and I will make it happen and put it on youtube.

lloydroid
12-17-2012, 06:26 PM
I could see it happening... his stock is low.. and our RB position is in shambles. I like the "idea" of Dwyer with Redman as a back up but can anyone honestly say they see that combo lasting longer than 2 games?

These guys aren't ready or designed to be the feature back and unless we find a gem in a later round it makes sense to sign Mendenhall.

No F-ing way. So, the largest problem of this team is bad attitudes and immaturity and you want to sign the ringleader of said problem? That sounds like a HORRIBLE idea. Hey, why we are at it, can we sign TO?

flippy
12-17-2012, 06:33 PM
Unfortunately for you, you are powerless to cause anything to happen. Just a fart in the wind. As a fan I have every right to form any opinion I choose to, and you can't do a wet fart about it. Nothing. I have remained a fan all through the 80s, when you still were peeing your bed. Come lecture me on being a fan after you have sat through dozens of play off games. Come lecture me when you have had to be a fan through Mark Malone, Cliff Stoudt, Walter Abercombie, Huey Richardson et al. Oh, and respecting Browns' fans? Way to go. They endlessly support an endless looser, and you think that is something to revere. I have some dog turds in my yard; do you want to come over and worship them? I should video tape the turds and then super-impose you bowing to them. Send me your photo and I will make it happen and put it on youtube.

At least we're getting a youtube of something...

This is the first time I've ever thought about a wet fart in the wind. There's some comedy genius in that phrase. I can't quite pinpoint it right now, but it's clever.

focosteeler
12-17-2012, 06:39 PM

reading this article i'm not suprised the way he acted the past week.

hawaiiansteel
12-17-2012, 06:40 PM
I have never wanted a team to sign someone to an extension so badly.

really, of all the Steelers players ever that you wanted the Steelers to sign to an extension you pick Mendenhall?

BigRob
12-17-2012, 07:12 PM
really, of all the Steelers players ever that you wanted the Steelers to sign to an extension you pick Mendenhall?

Sorry if I wasn't being clear in my intentions. I was being facetious.

Chadman
12-17-2012, 07:27 PM
Maybe the FO is realising that on a team devoid of game changing plays, Mendenhall offers them a player with the ability to actually create game changing plays?

lloydroid
12-17-2012, 07:35 PM
Maybe the FO is realising that on a team devoid of game changing plays, Mendenhall offers them a player with the ability to actually create game changing plays?

Really? All he has been has been "potential" without every delivery game-changing plays. When is it time to realize that if "potential" doesn't happen for 4-5 years, it is no longer potential, but a FAILED, UNREALIZED potential?

Chadman
12-17-2012, 07:50 PM
Really? All he has been has been "potential" without every delivery game-changing plays. When is it time to realize that if "potential" doesn't happen for 4-5 years, it is no longer potential, but a FAILED, UNREALIZED potential?

Oh, a failure?

847 rushes, 3,480 yards, 29 TD's, 75 catches, 660 yards, 2 TD's.... what a horrendous player.

Remembering that Year 1 & Year 5 of Mendenhall's career have been washouts through injury.

If that's a failed player- there must be very few success stories in the NFL. You can not like a player without disregarding what his abilities are. Fact is, Mendenhall offers more game changing ability than the likes of Dwyer & Redman, and if the Steelers lose their other game changing player- Mike Wallace- they might need someone that can break a game open.

Sugar
12-17-2012, 08:00 PM
I don't see a problem with them signing RM. He's not the problem here. The FO and coaches see him every day and I have a fair amount of confidence in them despite a rough year.

D Rock
12-17-2012, 08:24 PM
Averaging 1100+ yards and close to 10 TDs rushing a year over his 3 years as the full time starter is far from unrealized potential. That's just silly.

I'm not a huge fan of him as a running back, but he certainly hasn't been a failure.

hawaiiansteel
12-17-2012, 08:32 PM
Sorry if I wasn't being clear in my intentions. I was being facetious.

thank goodness, I was getting worried about you there for a minute...;)

lloydroid
12-17-2012, 09:06 PM
I don't see a problem with them signing RM. He's not the problem here. The FO and coaches see him every day and I have a fair amount of confidence in them despite a rough year.

I disagree. We have a chemistry/attitude problem and he is the ring leader of said problem. He is such not the problem that he isn't showing up for games and is getting suspended. That sounds like a real "non problem" to me.

hawaiiansteel
12-17-2012, 09:11 PM
I disagree. We have a chemistry/attitude problem and he is the ring leader of said problem. He is such not the problem that he isn't showing up for games and is getting suspended. That sounds like a real "non problem" to me.

there is no "I" in team, but there is definitely a "Me" in Mendenhall...;)

Eddie Spaghetti
12-17-2012, 09:16 PM
I'm torn on this one.

we need a RB and if we can get him cheap, I could see this move being made. However, he does seem like he isn't fully committed at times.

tough one.

pittpete
12-17-2012, 09:18 PM
Sure,lets reward him with a nice 3 year contract for his unparalleled performance this season.
A season filled with injuries,fumbles, a suspension. Let's not forget to mention the lack of support he showed for his teammates by not showing up on gameday.
While the front office is at it, why not throw 15 million a year to the malcontent, a.k.a. Mr. Wallace
Whats the worst that could happen?

Steelhere10
12-17-2012, 09:19 PM
I don't mind the signing if it's true, Dwyer to me is not the dedicated one and Red is not the answer.

flippy
12-17-2012, 09:52 PM
I think if someone ever blocked for Mendy, he could be great.

Ghost
12-17-2012, 10:46 PM

I agree. I still have a ton of confidence that the powers that be didn't just up and forget all their football knowledge. Tough season, but the confidence is still there.

lloydroid
12-18-2012, 12:02 AM
I agree. I still have a ton of confidence that the powers that be didn't just up and forget all their football knowledge. Tough season, but the confidence is still there.

Confidence, but most teams tend to give 1st rounders a lot of rope

Oviedo
12-18-2012, 08:46 AM
I don't mind the signing if it's true, Dwyer to me is not the dedicated one and Red is not the answer.

Exactly as I would had described it. Mendy is still the best RB we have talent wise. Needs to get his head on straight. Maybe the talk of a new contract is a confidence builder.

steelfin
12-18-2012, 09:51 AM
I was under the impression that the Steelers don't negotiate during the season...so I wonder what this is really all about...

I wouldn't be opposed to signing a short contract on the cheap....Its good to have depth at RB.

Otherwise let him walk...

Chadman
12-18-2012, 09:57 AM
There's no talk of actual contract negotiations taking place- just a committment to have contract negotiations.

Snatch98
12-18-2012, 10:37 AM
I have zero issue with Mendenhall being resigned. He's not going to be expensive, has the physical intangibles and if he's used properly could be a really good HB for the Steelers for another 3 to 4 years depending on the deal. Get a full back out in front and let the guy build up some rhythm and he's the tailback we need. I'm of the opinion that it's possible he was brought back too soon or expected to carry the load too soon. He came back and ran REALLY well, then had a stinker followed by putting the ball on the ground. Tomlin threw him immediately in the dog house which is fine but I feel like he's been in extended stay when it should have been a night at holiday inn express. I'd much rather sign him than go to the draft. Mendenhall, Dwyer and Redman looks a-okay to me. Plus Rainey for the speed infusion but I'd prefer to see him start lining up as a receiver more or get motioned out.

Snatch98
12-18-2012, 10:42 AM
I think if someone ever blocked for Mendy, he could be great.

Will Johnson has been a bright spot. Mendenhall just needs to be able to get in to a rhythm and be the tailback we've seen on several occasions in the past. Once this line is healthy and playing as a unit, Mendenhall has all the tools to be the tailback of the present and the future. He's also proficient out of the backfield in the pass game and needs to be used more in that capacity. He's a good tailback that has had his fair share of ups and downs both on the field and off. Sign the guy to a respectable deal and I'm all aboard that wagon. The guy has never had a line that was playing at a high level, nor has he had a fb really getting it done out front. If not for all the crazy ass injuries and the fumble problem in his limited time he may be asking for a whole lot more financially as I'd think he'd be putting up very good numbers.