PDA

View Full Version : So Troy is limping again.....

lloydroid
12-11-2012, 04:12 PM
...call Genius Book of World Records. We now have witnessed the worst "strained calf" in the history of strained calves. Gad dammit. That is pathetic. A calf injury that lasts for 3 years. That's wonderful. They better bring in the leading authorities of calf injuries to study this case. This has never happened before in the history of mankind. As a matter of fact, when they do an addendum on this show, they are going to cover this calf injury.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd_zRFvB3ww

SidSmythe
12-11-2012, 04:21 PM
What are you getting at??
do you have a Conspiracy Theory??

lloydroid
12-11-2012, 05:15 PM
What are you getting at??
do you have a Conspiracy Theory??

No, just that a "strained calf" doesn't last for 3 years. It's obviously more than that, but tricky Tomlin is tricking the rest of the NFL with his super sophisticated tom foolery. (Only he thinks he is tricking anyone, but how would he know?)

Chadman
12-11-2012, 05:44 PM
Psst.... your anti-Tomlinism is showing....

:)

lloydroid
12-11-2012, 05:48 PM
Psst.... your anti-Tomlinism is showing....

:)

Oh, well I hope so, because I have this thing against head coaches who f-=-k up decisions all the time. It's just this weird quirk I picked up as a kid.

Chadman
12-11-2012, 06:04 PM
Oh, well I hope so, because I have this thing against head coaches who f-=-k up decisions all the time. It's just this weird quirk I picked up as a kid.

Looks like Ryan Clark might have been on the money.... :)

flippy
12-11-2012, 06:24 PM
Calfgate continues.....

Oviedo
12-11-2012, 06:42 PM
...call Genius Book of World Records. We now have witnessed the worst "strained calf" in the history of strained calves. Gad dammit. That is pathetic. A calf injury that lasts for 3 years. That's wonderful. They better bring in the leading authorities of calf injuries to study this case. This has never happened before in the history of mankind. As a matter of fact, when they do an addendum on this show, they are going to cover this calf injury.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd_zRFvB3ww

I think it was mentioned it was actually a slight tear. Would not be uncommon for an athlete with a high percentage of fast twitch muscle fiber.

D Rock
12-11-2012, 06:52 PM
I think it was mentioned it was actually a slight tear. Would not be uncommon for an athlete with a high percentage of fast twitch muscle fiber.

you are correct. An article from Oct. 17th:

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2792211-85/polamalu-calf-week-muscle-season-won-injury-steelers-game-sunday#axzz2EmopCBfc

from the article:

“Calf strains are in the muscle bellies, so they tend to heal on their own and take time,” said Dr. David Geier, an orthopedic surgeon and the director of sports medicine at the Medical University of South Carolina. “If you try to go back too soon, a sudden explosive (move) can stretch muscle fibers, and you start back at square one. Calf strains are a tough injury because everything you do in sports involves pushing off.”

I fail to see how our resident high school debate captain thinks this is some mysterious injury

eniparadoxgma
12-11-2012, 07:00 PM
Calfgate continues.....

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

skyhawk
12-11-2012, 07:49 PM
The lack of heavy lifting in Troy's career has now made him injury prone. A calf tear is no easy injury to heal from, apparently.

I also notice he wears no pads at all below the waist. Ouch. Of course, I don't think pads would've have helped his gastroc or soleus muscle.

pittpete
12-11-2012, 07:56 PM
What a shocker:shock:

lloydroid
12-11-2012, 08:32 PM
you are correct. An article from Oct. 17th:

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2792211-85/polamalu-calf-week-muscle-season-won-injury-steelers-game-sunday#axzz2EmopCBfc

from the article:

“Calf strains are in the muscle bellies, so they tend to heal on their own and take time,” said Dr. David Geier, an orthopedic surgeon and the director of sports medicine at the Medical University of South Carolina. “If you try to go back too soon, a sudden explosive (move) can stretch muscle fibers, and you start back at square one. Calf strains are a tough injury because everything you do in sports involves pushing off.”

I fail to see how our resident high school debate captain thinks this is some mysterious injury

I would like to hear this doc's response if asked if it is unusual for a calf sprain to last 3 years running. I wonder if our resident cult member realizes 3 years for a calf strain is unheard of?

D Rock
12-11-2012, 10:51 PM
I would like to hear this doc's response if asked if it is unusual for a calf sprain to last 3 years running. I wonder if our resident cult member realizes 3 years for a calf strain is unheard of?

and what cult would that be?

Can you please document the 3 year history of this calf injury for me, or is this just more of you making things up to fit your argument?

steelblood
12-12-2012, 08:33 AM

So, you think Troy is faking it or hiding something worse?

D Rock
12-12-2012, 09:03 AM
Here's a little help for lloydroid -

http://www.kffl.com/player/5973/nfl/injury_history/troy-polamalu

Ghost
12-12-2012, 09:03 AM
Calfgate continues.....

"I am not a limping safety" - T. Polamalu

flippy
12-12-2012, 10:57 AM
"I am not a limping safety" - T. Polamalu

Allegedly, Mike Tomlin asked Troy to do 1000 Box Jumps the same day he asked Daniel Sepulveda to punt 1000 times and Willie Parker to take 1000 carries in practice. Mikey was able to make the wheels fall off one, the leg fall off another, but the final Steeler's calf was resistant to the overwork because of his superhuman powers. Some conspiracy theorists believe that Troy's calf disintegrated that day and he's been trying to overcome a missing calf muscle. Everyone has been pleased with his progress except 1 fan. And that guy blames Tomlin.

RuthlessBurgher
12-12-2012, 02:28 PM
Some people beat dead horses, but Lloydroid prefers to beat a calf like he is trying to tenderize his veal. Poor baby cow.

By the way, when I read the Genius Book of World Records, I like to drink Genius Irish Lager. Those two guys in the commercials wouldn't keep saying "Brilliant!" if their beer wasn't Genius, after all.

http://lovehateadvertising.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/guiness-brilliant.jpg

lloydroid
12-12-2012, 02:54 PM
and what cult would that be?

You tell me. I am not up on all the Scientology/Mormon/Jehova Witness, etc. options that are out there.

Can you please document the 3-year history of this calf injury for me, or is this just more of you making things up to fit your argument?

The Steelers are notorious for not coming clean with injuries so obviously I can't point to reports, as they constantly lie and distort what the truth is. But I can tell you this: Troy was no where near himself in the 2010 season Super Bowl, and what was wrong? He was limping on the same leg that keeps coming up bum now - same limp, same leg. It was a big reason we lost that SB as GB picked on him all night. What was wrong with him? Who knows; it's another Steeler State secret. I don't what specific injury he had then; they admitted he was injured but I don't see where they specify what the injury was/is, but common sense tells me: same leg, same limp, same injury. He keeps "re-injuring" the same leg ever since 2010.

By the way, I don't need to make things up; your assertion is hollow, per usual. The people more in need of "making stuff up to fit their stories" tend to be the cult believers.

Oviedo
12-12-2012, 03:15 PM
You tell me. I am not up on all the Scientology/Mormon/Jehova Witness, etc. options that are out there.

The Steelers are notorious for not coming clean with injuries so obviously I can't point to reports, as they constantly lie and distort what the truth is. But I can tell you this: Troy was no where near himself in the 2010 season Super Bowl, and what was wrong? He was limping on the same leg that keeps coming up bum now - same limp, same leg. It was a big reason we lost that SB as GB picked on him all night. What was wrong with him? Who knows; it's another Steeler State secret. I don't what specific injury he had then; they admitted he was injured but I don't see where they specify what the injury was/is, but common sense tells me: same leg, same limp, same injury. He keeps "re-injuring" the same leg ever since 2010.

By the way, I don't need to make things up; your assertion is hollow, per usual. The people more in need of "making stuff up to fit their stories" tend to be the cult believers.

OK. Now you really sound like you are wearing a tin foil hairpiece. I don't think the screen name "Oliver Stone" has been taken

lloydroid
12-12-2012, 03:26 PM
OK. Now you really sound like you are wearing a tin foil hairpiece. I don't think the screen name "Oliver Stone" has been taken

Why are you resorting to ad hominem attacks? Refute the assertions, if you can. Why resort to name calling, which I have been told is not tolerated on this board? FACT: Troy had the same limp, on the same leg back in the 2010 season, and GB fried his butt all game long, because he was obviously not right and limping and slow. Last game, he came up limping on that very same leg, as he did most of 2011 as well. You want to address those realities or resort to more ad hominem attacks? Socrates would be disappointed with you.

lloydroid
12-12-2012, 03:29 PM
So, you think Troy is faking it or hiding something worse?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/590351-super-bowl-2011-troy-polamalu-charles-woodson-and-the-latest-super-bowl-news/entry/45494-super-bowl-2011-troy-polamalu-will-play-but-how-effective-will-he-be

You tell me. It was a "mysterious" injury back in 2010, 2011 and now in 2012. Same leg, same limp. How can any of you forget how hobbled he was in the Super Bowl that year and how badly GB scorched him all night. Oh, but that's right, the Steelers constantly lie about injuries so none of us really can figure out and see the obvious connections. Oh, I mean, those of us who lack the ability to apply critical thinking.

D Rock
12-12-2012, 03:41 PM
Are you seriously engaging in "limp analysis" and claiming to know what is wrong with Polamalu based on that? And I have weak and hollow arguments?

That's some funny stuff there!

lloydroid
12-12-2012, 04:20 PM
Are you seriously engaging in "limp analysis" and claiming to know what is wrong with Polamalu based on that? And I have weak and hollow arguments?

That's some funny stuff there!

I guess the gullible shall remain gullible. Oh well, how you do (think) anything is how you do everything.

I guess I am not the only one who figured this out. Bwahahahahha, now how silly to you feel?

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2012/10/09/pittsburgh-steelers-troy-polamalu-calf-injury-may-be-result-of-2010-achilles-strain/

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/09/15/steelers-polamalu-injury-latest-hit-to-steelers-defense/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jmmUJdJjDM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8474614/pittsburgh-steelers-troy-polamalu-leaves-game-calf-injury

RuthlessBurgher
12-12-2012, 04:26 PM
I'm still not sure what exactly your argument is here. Most rational football fans realize that football players tend to get injured. And if those players push themselves to come back and play again before that injured body part is allowed to fully heal, then there is a further tendency to reinjure said body part. Also as players get older, these injuries tend to linger longer. So what is your point here, other than the Steelers organization is not entirely forthcoming about injuries (which is only a requirement to report for gambling purposes, by the way)?

lloydroid
12-12-2012, 05:25 PM
I'm still not sure what exactly your argument is here. Most rational football fans realize that football players tend to get injured. And if those players push themselves to come back and play again before that injured body part is allowed to fully heal, then there is a further tendency to reinjure said body part. Also as players get older, these injuries tend to linger longer. So what is your point here, other than the Steelers organization is not entirely forthcoming about injuries (which is only a requirement to report for gambling purposes, by the way)?

I think you are being purposely obtuse because you don't want to admit my assertion was right on the $ all along. This goes further than just "Oh well, if you rush back too soon, you can re-injure your injury." And, you probably know it, but don't want to admit it, so you are playing dumb. Fact is, the injury was ALWAYS more than a calf strain, as the team was trying to lie about. It was an Achilles all along, which explains why it has lingered for so long. A calf pull would never linger this long. No way. Fact is, the injury was ALWAYS more serious than the team was letting on, and now it's becoming impossible to deny. But, I guess you never wondered why they always left things vague when reporting on Troy's injury? They were careful to not call it an Achilles, but instead a calf injury? And you just bought that lie, like a duped patsy? How much obvious does this have to get until you see the truth?

Jason Bridge- US PRESSWIRE

Safety Troy Polamalu of the Pittsburgh Steelers returned to action Sunday against the Philadelphia Eagles. He did not last through the first quarter as a right calf injury finished him for the day. Polamalu missed the previous three games due to the calf. He is not expected to play Thursday against the Tennessee Titans.

The problem he is experiencing may be due to lingering effects from an Achilles injury suffered in 2010. If it is his career may be in jeopardy.

Two years ago Polamalu suffered a lower right leg injury early in the season. It was thought at the time to be a calf strain. Polamalu played the first 13 games before sitting out two. He returned to the field in a week 17 victory over the Cleveland Browns then played in two post season games and Super Bowl XLV.

It was reported late in 2010 that Polamalu’s injury was a strained Achilles tendon. If Pittsburgh had not been headed for the post season, he probably would have been put on injured reserve and done for the year. With a chance to win the Super Bowl he was not.

The 2010 NFL defensive player of the year played all three post season games, but was not at full strength. Hampered by the injury Polamalu played more coverage and did not blitz as often. The Steelers were able to defeat the Baltimore Ravens and New York Jets without a reckless Polamalu, but in the Super Bowl could not stop the Green Bay Packers and quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

Polamalu played all 16 games in 2011. The calf did not seem to be a problem. It was the first season since 2008 that he was able to play in every game. In 2009 he missed 11 games after suffering a torn medial collateral ligament in his left knee.

However, an Achilles tendon is one which needs time to heal or could linger. Any damage to it effects the leg from heel to hip. This includes the calf. I know this from suffering ruptures to both of mine. I am currently in the process of rehabilitation on the left one. The area that is giving me my biggest problem is the calf.

Since Polamalu has never had surgery on his Achilles he has still been playing on it. The more he plays the weaker the area around it becomes. Most doctors do not like to perform surgery on an area unless they deem it absolutely necessary. Since Polamalu can walk and run there has seemed to be no need for him to go under the knife.

However, when he hopped off of the field Sunday my first thought was he’d suffered a torn Achilles. Fortunately it only seems to be a calf strain.

Whether it is the calf or Achilles Polamalu has a real problem on his hands. Though he may not need surgery the calf may always be weak from the damage done to the Achilles. If the problems continue, Polamalu may need more medical tests done in order to get it fixed.

Let’s hope that Polamalu recovers and is able to return to full strength soon. Let’s hope that he can not do any more damage to his calf or Achilles.

Seeing Polamalu leave the game Sunday without being hit has to make one wonder if the injury is a little worse than originally thought. It also brings up the question of whether it is a result of his 2010 Achilles strain.

If it is his career may be in jeopardy.
Read more at http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2012/10/09/pittsburgh-steelers-troy-polamalu-calf-injury-may-be-result-of-2010-achilles-strain/?bGxtqGIAoglHpzS8.99

Oviedo
12-12-2012, 05:31 PM
I'm still struggling to determine what the point of this is. Two sentences or less and what does it matter?

Eddie Spaghetti
12-12-2012, 05:48 PM
I'm still struggling to determine what the point of this is. Two sentences or less and what does it matter?

nothing and nothing, but I bet the word "assertion" finds its way in there somewhere.

Jigawatts
12-12-2012, 05:50 PM
Did someone say obtuse? Ruthless, here's your cue...

Eddie Spaghetti
12-12-2012, 05:51 PM

its a softball.

lloydroid
12-12-2012, 05:52 PM

Why it matters? By downplaying the nature of TP's injury it gives us false hope, when reality is, it was always more severe than they were letting on, making us feel his 100% health was likely, when it really never was. I don't know about you, but I don't like being lied to. Most people don't. If you don't mind being played the fool, then OK. But that is a personal decision.

lloydroid
12-12-2012, 05:53 PM
I think you are being purposely obtuse because you don't want to admit my assertion was right on the $ all along. This goes further than just "Oh well, if you rush back too soon, you can re-injure your injury." And, you probably know it, but don't want to admit it, so you are playing dumb. Fact is, the injury was ALWAYS more than a calf strain, as the team was trying to lie about. It was an Achilles all along, which explains why it has lingered for so long. A calf pull would never linger this long. No way. Fact is, the injury was ALWAYS more serious than the team was letting on, and now it's becoming impossible to deny. But, I guess you never wondered why they always left things vague when reporting on Troy's injury? They were careful to not call it an Achilles, but instead a calf injury? And you just bought that lie, like a duped patsy? How much obvious does this have to get until you see the truth?

I mean, really people, I even put the important sentences is large letters. And you still can't grasp this? Really?

lloydroid
12-12-2012, 05:54 PM
nothing and nothing, but I bet the word "assertion" finds its way in there somewhere.

Sorry Eddie. You can go to www.dictionary.com if you are having trouble following.

D Rock
12-12-2012, 06:06 PM
Why it matters? By downplaying the nature of TP's injury it gives us false hope, when reality is, it was always more severe than they were letting on, making us feel his 100% health was likely, when it really never was. I don't know about you, but I don't like being lied to. Most people don't. If you don't mind being played the fool, then OK. But that is a personal decision.

Aww, poor little guy got his hopes up and was let down. I understand now. He's just emotionally hurt, that's all.

BigRob
12-12-2012, 06:23 PM

I'm beginning to think you must be a 15 year old. This is a very naive view of the world. The only people who would care about this are gamblers.

They disclose the minimum amount of injury information necessary to satisfy NFL Rules. That's it.

lloydroid
12-12-2012, 06:48 PM
Aww, poor little guy got his hopes up and was let down. I understand now. He's just emotionally hurt, that's all.

Well, I could use a cult to make me feel better, right? Isn't that who cults prey on: the weak minded?

D Rock
12-12-2012, 06:58 PM
Well, I could use a cult to make me feel better, right? Isn't that who cults prey on: the weak minded?

I'd still love for you to tell me what cult it is that I am a part of. Or would you prefer to keep whistling past the graveyard on this one?

RuthlessBurgher
12-12-2012, 08:18 PM

He doesn't deserve the Shawshank treatment. No Warden Norton for you!!! Way too good of a movie to waste here...are there any prison movies starring Pauly Shore or Carrot Top that we could use instead? Although it would be funny if he followed through on his threat to quit his Steeler addiction cold turkey because of how embarrassing this team is (but he's not a fairweather fan!)...then we can use a Warden Norton line, "Lord, it's a miracle! Man up and vanished like a fart in the wind!" :p

Therefore, instead for my usual pictorial representation of obtuse, I can simply explain to him that his armpit (not rpmpit) would be an example of an obtuse angle whenever lloydroid is performing his favorite activity when talking about God's gift to running backs, Jonathan Dwyer (with a remarkable 510 yards and 1 TD this year).

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQY7Psuth3DBVNNmLtf74uvZucLhWZCO bbA6lYdBxGYXFibnDMH

If that is too difficult to understand, here are 8 obtuse angles in a single sign to remind lloydroid what he should problably do the next time he considers droning on and on about cults of people being mislead about NFL injuries.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ3quzhZ5zQ3RX7j6flrhYlnkaFeIS6w qvvC42r6rbSfg0Ye2vtGMGxxi8

You understand me? Catching my drift?... Or am I being obtuse?

SDSteel1
12-12-2012, 08:28 PM
Well for the record I have had a nagging calf injury for over 7 years. I lost weight, I tried different stretches, and I would get it to where I thought it was ready, then bam, I would be running, or making a quick movement and I would strain it again. It happened over and over and over.

That being said, it is finally healthy...but it has been 7 years of on and off frustration. On a side note I think everyone saw the play where Troy reinjured the leg, when he and Keenan Lewis collided in the endzone. There was no mystery in that because his calf made big contact with Lewis.

I think maybe the injury or lack of one that more people would be looking at is Ben's separated shoulder, sprained SC joint, and dislocated rib. Less than a month after the injury the guy shows no pain, makes all of the throws, and even goes head first more than once during the game instead of sliding to protect the injury. Maybe Ben should give Troy whatever he's taking.

fordfixer
12-12-2012, 08:28 PM
I would recommend Jim Jones Cult just stay away from the Kool-Aid

lloydroid
12-12-2012, 09:02 PM
He doesn't deserve the Shawshank treatment. No Warden Norton for you!!! Way too good of a movie to waste here...are there any prison movies starring Pauly Shore or Carrot Top that we could use instead? Although it would be funny if he followed through on his threat to quit his Steeler addiction cold turkey because of how embarrassing this team is (but he's not a fairweather fan!)...then we can use a Warden Norton line, "Lord, it's a miracle! Man up and vanished like a fart in the wind!" :p

Therefore, instead for my usual pictorial representation of obtuse, I can simply explain to him that his armpit (not rpmpit) would be an example of an obtuse angle whenever lloydroid is performing his favorite activity when talking about God's gift to running backs, Jonathan Dwyer (with a remarkable 510 yards and 1 TD this year).

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQY7Psuth3DBVNNmLtf74uvZucLhWZCO bbA6lYdBxGYXFibnDMH

If that is too difficult to understand, here are 8 obtuse angles in a single sign to remind lloydroid what he should problably do the next time he considers droning on and on about cults of people being mislead about NFL injuries.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ3quzhZ5zQ3RX7j6flrhYlnkaFeIS6w qvvC42r6rbSfg0Ye2vtGMGxxi8

ob·tuse
[uh b-toos, -tyoos]
adjective
not quick or alert in perception, feeling, or intellect; not sensitive or observant; dull.

Well, I did say you were being purposefully obtuse. And I think that is fairly obvious.

lloydroid
12-12-2012, 09:12 PM
I'd still love for you to tell me what cult it is that I am a part of. Or would you prefer to keep whistling past the graveyard on this one?

"Blue Like Jazz?"

D Rock
12-12-2012, 09:14 PM
"Blue Like Jazz?"

Don't be afraid to say it out loud. You want to bring it up and then run away because you know you will piss people off?

I am a Christian, and Lloydroid does not like that.

lloydroid
12-12-2012, 09:23 PM
Don't be afraid to say it out loud. You want to bring it up and then run away because you know you will piss people off?

I am a Christian, and Lloydroid does not like that.

There is a lot out there about that book/movie. I don't see me running any where. Once again, you make a failed claim. But you will just keep making them and then moving the goal posts. After it is obvious that I am running no where, you will never admit to that, and move on to some other claim. And once I disprove your next criticism, you won't follow that up but just race to something else. Just like with Troy's injury being ongoing an Achilles related, you ran away from that and changed the subject. Pretty simple pattern.

lloydroid
12-12-2012, 09:25 PM
There is a lot out there about that book/movie. I don't see me running any where. Once again, you make a failed claim. But you will just keep making them and then moving the goal posts. After it is obvious that I am running no where, you will never admit to that, and move on to some other claim. And once I disprove your next criticism, you won't follow that up but just race to something else. Just like with Troy's injury being ongoing an Achilles related, you ran away from that and changed the subject. Pretty simple pattern.

By the way, WWJD? I am not feeling your love. Just like Shawn.

D Rock
12-12-2012, 09:26 PM

I don't need to prove anything, you've already done it for me with every post you make. The only one who doesn't see it...is you.

D Rock
12-12-2012, 09:26 PM
By the way, WWJD? I am not feeling your love. Just like Shawn.

I'm human, not Godly.

lloydroid
12-12-2012, 09:32 PM
I'm human, not Godly.

Oh one of my favorite trap doors. If you don't aspire and attempt to follow the teachings of Jesus, then how can you claim to be Christian? You can't. What's the purpose of studying Christ if you make no attempt to follow his lessons? That is beyond absurd and illogical. "Oh, I sin because I am merely a man. <shrugs shoulders>. Nothing I can do about it. I can't be perfect, that is why I ask God to forgive me. So I am mean to my fellow man all the time? Oops, can't help it."

lloydroid
12-12-2012, 09:34 PM
I don't need to prove anything, you've already done it for me with every post you make. The only one who doesn't see it...is you.

And that's why you will keep the "shuck and jive" routine going where after you can't refute a point, you will just change the subject and pretend you know nothing of your failed claims. How many times in this thread alone?

D Rock
12-12-2012, 09:39 PM
And that's why you will keep the "shuck and jive" routine going where after you can't refute a point, you will just change the subject and pretend you know nothing of your failed claims. How many times in this thread alone?

I'll give you this, you're a funny dude.

lloydroid
12-12-2012, 09:40 PM
I'll give you this, you're a funny dude.

Thank you.

Chadman
12-12-2012, 09:45 PM
If nothing else, this thread is a great advertisement for not drinking to excess.

DukieBoy
12-12-2012, 09:45 PM

Well, this has certainly been an entertaining thread to read through.
Quoted your post, Ruthless, to suggest Idiocracy in lieu of Shawshank.

fordfixer
12-12-2012, 09:49 PM
If nothing else, this thread is a great advertisement for not drinking to excess.
:D......................

Jigawatts
12-13-2012, 11:01 AM
"Lord, it's a miracle! Man up and vanished like a fart in the wind!" :p
lol, but I'm at least gonna give roiddroid the Family Guy treatment.

http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz60/CosmoKramer121/Stop_being_obtuse_copy.png

flippy
12-13-2012, 11:18 AM

Seeing you and Ovi agree on the absurdity tells me Lloydroid must be going all John Harbaugh on the board again. Summers Eve, makes me feel fine......

Oviedo
12-13-2012, 12:01 PM

So it doesn't matter because the team has zero obligation to be forthcoming on the extent of player injuries. That is a personal matter between the team and the player.

The hope that fans feel is pretty meaningless so this is really much ado about nothing.

Oviedo
12-13-2012, 12:02 PM
Seeing you and Ovi agree on the absurdity tells me Lloydroid must be going all John Harbaugh on the board again. Summers Eve, makes me feel fine......

Frightening isn't it;)

NC Steeler Fan
12-13-2012, 12:23 PM
Um, can someone point me to the football forum? :D

BTW, as for Troy, I heard it was a sprained labia that they've been hiding from the media...

flippy
12-13-2012, 12:44 PM
Um, can someone point me to the football forum? :D

BTW, as for Troy, I heard it was a sprained labia that they've been hiding from the media...

I've heard labiaplasty is becoming a more common procedure these days. Allegedly the doctors with the most experience are at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore and the Cleveland Clinic. Coincidence? You decide.

NC Steeler Fan
12-13-2012, 04:33 PM
I've heard labiaplasty is becoming a more common procedure these days. Allegedly the doctors with the most experience are at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore and the Cleveland Clinic. Coincidence? You decide.

:cool: Dude, that was frickin' hilarious!

lloydroid
12-13-2012, 04:56 PM
Well for the record I have had a nagging calf injury for over 7 years. I lost weight, I tried different stretches, and I would get it to where I thought it was ready, then bam, I would be running, or making a quick movement and I would strain it again. It happened over and over and over.

That being said, it is finally healthy...but it has been 7 years of on and off frustration. On a side note I think everyone saw the play where Troy reinjured the leg, when he and Keenan Lewis collided in the endzone. There was no mystery in that because his calf made big contact with Lewis.

I think maybe the injury or lack of one that more people would be looking at is Ben's separated shoulder, sprained SC joint, and dislocated rib. Less than a month after the injury the guy shows no pain, makes all of the throws, and even goes head first more than once during the game instead of sliding to protect the injury. Maybe Ben should give Troy whatever he's taking.

This is the first time I have ever heard of a case like this. 7 years? Wow. I had a groin last for 6 months. Same thing, felt healed, and BAM, goes again when I went to run up stairs. With Ben, it appears the injury was kind of exaggerated from the start (by the media, not team), with docs on TV using skeleton models to show where they rib could puncture the heart etc.

D Rock
12-13-2012, 05:03 PM
This is the first time I have ever heard of a case like this. 7 years? Wow. I had a groin last for 6 months. Same thing, felt healed, and BAM, goes again when I went to run up stairs. With Ben, it appears the injury was kind of exaggerated from the start (by the media, not team), with docs on TV using skeleton models to show where they rib could puncture the heart etc.

wait wait wait wait...

You've had so much trouble believing that this calf injury was coming and going, yet you've had a msucle injury yourself with the same problems???

This just gets better and better!

RuthlessBurgher
12-13-2012, 05:07 PM
Well, this has certainly been an entertaining thread to read through.
Quoted your post, Ruthless, to suggest Idiocracy in lieu of Shawshank.

Another good one!

Please come back when you can afford to make a purchase.
Your kids are starving.
Carl's Jr. believes no child should go hungry.
You are an unfit mother.
Your children will be placed in the custody of Carl's Jr.

http://skreened.com/render-product/m/d/t/mdtkizukqcwkmeswxfgm/idiocracy-movie-shirt.american-apparel-unisex-fitted-tee.white.w760h760.jpg

lloydroid
12-13-2012, 05:46 PM
wait wait wait wait...

You've had so much trouble believing that this calf injury was coming and going, yet you've had a msucle injury yourself with the same problems???

This just gets better and better!

It's all coming together and now makes sense: You just don't see the obvious. I had a GROIN pull that last SIX MONTHS. Troy has - who knows what - for YEARS. And you can't differentiate between the two. Wow. Blue like Jazz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmPPav_-BBM

BigRob
12-13-2012, 06:03 PM
This has to be the most pointless thread and axe to grind in the history of this board.

flippy
12-13-2012, 06:05 PM
It's all coming together and now makes sense: You just don't see the obvious. I had a GROIN pull that last SIX MONTHS. Troy has - who knows what - for YEARS. And you can't differentiate between the two. Wow. Blue like Jazz.

I thought pulling your groin made you go blind :)

D Rock
12-13-2012, 06:59 PM

Sandwiches.

(The crazy thing is, this post makes as much sense as yours do.)

lloydroid
12-13-2012, 07:11 PM

No, but it gives you a sharp pain in your groin area. It ain't no picnic. When it first happens, you might go blind for a few seconds now that I think of it. :o

lloydroid
12-13-2012, 07:12 PM
Sandwiches.

Another shuck and jive. No substance. But you always have your Blue like Jazz. :o

DukieBoy
12-13-2012, 08:03 PM

:D:Clap:tt1

DukieBoy
12-13-2012, 08:07 PM

:lol::lol::lol:

On the board, the Ignore procedure seems to have a similar effect.

RuthlessBurgher
12-13-2012, 08:21 PM
Sandwiches.

Haikus are easy.
But sometimes they don't make sense.
Refrigerator.

D Rock
12-13-2012, 08:55 PM
Haikus are easy.
But sometimes they don't make sense.
Refrigerator.

That is just stupid.
Haikus are for silly folk.
Long live the Hines-ku.

flippy
12-13-2012, 09:01 PM
That is just stupid.
Haikus are for silly folk.
Long live the Hines-ku.

Lloydroid hearts JD
Told Us a Million Times And
Now Hates Tomlin Too

RuthlessBurgher
12-13-2012, 09:02 PM
Chris Fuamatu
Ma'Afala can't be on
one line in haiku

RuthlessBurgher
12-13-2012, 09:04 PM
Lloydroid hearts JD
Told Us a Million Times And
Now Hates Tomlin Too

Lloydroid insulted.
Steelers said Troy hurt his calf,
not his Achilles

D Rock
12-13-2012, 09:04 PM
I am divorced, and
Run a bar with drug dealers.
My identity?

D Rock
12-13-2012, 09:06 PM
Lloydroid insulted.
Steelers said Troy hurt his calf,
not his Achilles

Shawn can stay at home
Connected, but not the same
No mystery here

RuthlessBurgher
12-13-2012, 09:07 PM
I am divorced, and
Run a bar with drug dealers.
My identity?

He is half black and
half Korean and he was
a Georgia Bulldog

RuthlessBurgher
12-13-2012, 09:08 PM
He is half black and
half Korean and he was
a Georgia Bulldog

Has no ACL
but still won Dancing With The
Stars on ABC

RuthlessBurgher
12-13-2012, 09:10 PM
Has no ACL
Stars on ABC

Caught a touchdown pass
from Antwaan Randle El in
Super Bowl, not Ben.

D Rock
12-13-2012, 09:11 PM
Has no ACL
Stars on ABC

Acronyms aren't fair
Totally haiku cheating
Someday you'll 'get it'

RuthlessBurgher
12-13-2012, 09:13 PM
Caught a touchdown pass
from Antwaan Randle El in
Super Bowl, not Ben.

Broke Keith Rivers' jaw
so NFL made a rule
with his name on it.

RuthlessBurgher
12-13-2012, 09:15 PM
This thread was awful.
Haikus make it fun again.
Need 5 syllables.

D Rock
12-13-2012, 09:22 PM
Brees, tight end, hamster
for Benjarvus Green-Ellis,
Witten, Rivers. Oops.

flippy
12-13-2012, 09:29 PM
Calfgate Forgetten
SuperBowl is now Certain
Cause Hines-Ku is Back.

flippy
12-13-2012, 09:35 PM
Limping Gangnam Style
Eh - Troy looks like a lady
Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh

flippy
12-14-2012, 09:20 AM
Would it be obtuse
To only speak in Hines Ku
On PlanetSteelers?

RuthlessBurgher
12-14-2012, 11:14 AM
Would it be obtuse
To only speak in Hines Ku
On PlanetSteelers?

Don't call me obtuse.
Library book barbeque.
You're with Sodomites.

flippy
12-14-2012, 12:03 PM
Don't call me obtuse.
Library book barbeque.
You're with Sodomites.

This is fantastic. We could re-do movies in Hines-Ku.....

His name is Forrest.
Named him after his Daddy.
His Daddy Forrest?

or

Robert better not
get in my face cause I'll drop
that mother humper.

RuthlessBurgher
12-14-2012, 01:18 PM
Sounds like a quality thread idea for another subforum (the Humor section has been barren for a while, and could use some sprucing up)

RuthlessBurgher
12-14-2012, 01:23 PM
By the way, I considered using "Get #&@%ed by a train" instead of "You're with Sodomites" for my Warden Norton haiku, but I decided against using that, because my obscenity censorship had # and @ in it, and I already banned those from my haiku. :D

lloydroid
12-14-2012, 05:57 PM
Hmm, so I guess no one should ever be reprimanded for ever posting off topic ever again, as the mods are clearly allowing this pure nonsense to go untethered.

D Rock
12-14-2012, 07:02 PM
720 721722

lloydroid
12-14-2012, 07:14 PM
OK, so between all these off topic posts and ad hominem attacks, it's it safe to say that the board rules do not need to be followed from now on?

BigRob
12-14-2012, 07:18 PM
OK, so between all these off topic posts and ad hominem attacks, it's it safe to say that the board rules do not need to be followed from now on?

Your so absurd, how could anyone take you seriously now? Mods or otherwise.

D Rock
12-14-2012, 07:18 PM

you are correct, sir

flippy
12-15-2012, 09:23 AM

Starting to make sense
You need to be managed and
Think same for others

flippy
12-15-2012, 09:26 AM
720 721722

Thought first pic lizard
And second Village People
Gay Reptile Confused?

RuthlessBurgher
12-15-2012, 05:59 PM
Thought first pic lizard