PDA

View Full Version : Haley to replace Whis as HC next year? (Lacanfora's speculation)

spyboots
12-10-2012, 09:48 PM
Bottom of Lacanfora's article:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/21346344/monday-observations-plenty-of-qbs-should-rent-not-buy

If Arizona finishes with 12 straight losses, it's hard to imagine Whisenhunt surviving, even though the Cards would have to eat $5.5 million to let him go, which is out of character for them. If he is gone, keep in mind the job Todd Haley did there as coordinator, and the high esteem with which the Bidwills hold him. Ownership wanted Haley back on the staff for 2012, and it didn't work out. But people I am talking to in the league could see Haley back as head coach.

Starlifter
12-10-2012, 09:53 PM
haley is a very good OC and I'm pleased with the offense this year - at least the part that puts the ball in contact with the receivers hands.

still his last two jobs shows just how effective or uneffective a guy can be depending on the horses he's got. Kurt Warner + Larry Fitz = superbowl. Matt Cassel + no one equals fired.

the cards still have serious QB issues. sometimes it's wise to wait for the right situation. I think many folks will be eyeing san diego after norv leaves. great location, great owners, lot's of talent.

Mister Pittsburgh
12-10-2012, 10:13 PM
Man, I DO NOT want Kirby Wilson as our OC.

RuthlessBurgher
12-10-2012, 10:30 PM
O.C. Haley to Arizona as H.C. and OL coach Haley to UTEP as head coach.

Whis and Grimm return to Pittsburgh with their tails between their legs to take back the now vacant O.C. and OL coach positions. :p

fezziwig
12-10-2012, 10:38 PM
Man, I DO NOT want Kirby Wilson as our OC.

Brother you said it. He doesn't even impress me as a runningback coach let alone an OC. Arian II, here we come.

Mister Pittsburgh
12-10-2012, 10:41 PM
Brother you said it. He doesn't even impress me as a runningback coach let alone an OC. Arian II, here we come.
I would literally be depressed if that happened.

fezziwig
12-10-2012, 10:50 PM
I would take Wizz back if Haley left.

phillyesq
12-10-2012, 11:30 PM

So would I. I would prefer to keep Haley to allow the offense to have another year with the same system and coordinator, but Whiz would be a fine replacement if Haley gets a HC gig.

Djfan
12-10-2012, 11:35 PM
Norv Turner will be available.

Oviedo
12-11-2012, 10:11 AM

No freakin way. Ben and Whis would be a disaster. Ben didn't like him when he was here and as a much more experienced player he won't like him.

phillyesq
12-11-2012, 11:41 AM
No freakin way. Ben and Whis would be a disaster. Ben didn't like him when he was here and as a much more experienced player he won't like him.

I see your point, but nobody thought he would like Haley and that worked out ok.

feltdizz
12-11-2012, 12:11 PM
I see your point, but nobody thought he would like Haley and that worked out ok.

how OK has it worked out? I don't think it's been lovely production wise... I like the efficiency but we aren't scoring in bunches.. we are bubble screening and tip toeing down the field to kick FG's.

Slapstick
12-11-2012, 12:27 PM
how OK has it worked out? I don't think it's been lovely production wise... I like the efficiency but we aren't scoring in bunches.. we are bubble screening and tip toeing down the field to kick FG's.

Up until the injury, Ben was having one of his best seasons...even now, he has a 4 to 1 TD/INT ratio, is completing passes at a rate better than his career average and over 7 yards per attempt...he is on pace to be sacked the fewest times since 2005 when he only played in 12 games...

Haley has helped Ben do this without the benefit of a healthy Mendenhall and continued poor health on the o-line...

RuthlessBurgher
12-11-2012, 02:11 PM

After dealing with the likes of Lindley and Skelton, Whis would LOVE Ben and trust him without question going forward.

fezziwig
12-11-2012, 05:10 PM
If Haley left I would like to see Norv Turner here.

lloydroid
12-11-2012, 05:50 PM
Norv Turner will be available.

I would be fine with that. He's a good OC, but a horrible head coach. Even worse than what we have.

Eddie Spaghetti
12-11-2012, 06:01 PM
I agree with ovi again. (getting wierd here)

whiz and ben would be a disaster.

jury still out on the haley offense. Next year without wallace is starting to scare the hell out of me.

DBR96A
12-12-2012, 08:47 AM
If Todd Haley leaves, that'll be more depressing than anything that's happened since Super Bowl XLV.

Oviedo
12-12-2012, 08:54 AM
I agree with ovi again. (getting wierd here)

whiz and ben would be a disaster.

jury still out on the haley offense. Next year without wallace is starting to scare the hell out of me.

Sitting here twitching as I type that I agree with ES...again this week.

IMO you can't evaluate a new offense in the first year. It really needs to be a two year and more thing to see the real effectiveness. They are still learning from an execution standpoint and making adjustments, but as Slapstick described all the trends are going in the right direction.

I'm not so sure that Haley is anxious to jump back into the HC ranks especially with a bad team with no QB. If he would fail it would probably be the last time he ever got a HC opportunity and the Cardinals are set up for failure. Even ultimate team guy Larry Fitzgerald is showing signs of growing discontent.

Haley's best move would be to stay with the Steelers for about three years and get a job with a better team.

Jooser
12-12-2012, 08:55 AM
How about Bruce Arians as interim HC? :D