PDA

View Full Version : OT: Ravens Fire Cam Cameron

phillyesq
12-10-2012, 12:56 PM
For as bad as things look after yesterday, the Ravens just fired Cam Cameron with three games left in the season. Jim Caldwell, who has never been an OC, will replace him.

This might actually help the Ravens, whose under-utilization of Ray Rice has been mind boggling.

Slapstick
12-10-2012, 12:59 PM
So, the defense gives up the FG in OT, but Cam is fired?

Djfan
12-10-2012, 01:44 PM
Sounds like he took the fall for others, maybe?

feltdizz
12-10-2012, 01:54 PM
So, the defense gives up the FG in OT, but Cam is fired?

Actually.. the ST's gave up a long return after the Rats offense went 3 and out(ugly possession) to start OT.

It's not Cam Cameron... well, yeah it is, it's more on Flacco but I think Cam tried to hard to make Flacco into a star.

Djfan
12-10-2012, 02:19 PM
I bet he gets picked up again before too long.

Eddie Spaghetti
12-10-2012, 02:19 PM
reeks of a panic move by the douchebag HC.

Oviedo
12-10-2012, 02:23 PM
reeks of a panic move by the douchebag HC.

I agree. This was all about throwing a sacrifice on the alter to deflect blame from "Hairball" himself

RuthlessBurgher
12-10-2012, 02:24 PM
Cam Cameron seemed like his coaching star was on the rise when he turned his head coaching gig at Indiana (during the Randle El era there) into a successful run at the O.C. in San Diego.

However, after his one disasterous season as head coach of the Dolphins, he's been O.C. of the Ravens since then (you'd think he would have realized after several seasons that Ray Rice is a weapon and everyone else on offensive pretty much sucks, right?). His mind-boggling stupid play calling in Baltimore made Bruce Arians look like Bill Walsh. That's one gripe that annoying Ravens fans often had on-the-money.

Oviedo
12-10-2012, 02:31 PM
Cam Cameron seemed like his coaching star was on the rise when he turned his head coaching gig at Indiana (during the Randle El era there) into a successful run at the O.C. in San Diego.

However, after his one disasterous season as head coach of the Dolphins, he's been O.C. of the Ravens since then (you'd think he would have realized after several seasons that Ray Rice is a weapon and everyone else on offensive pretty much sucks, right?). His mind-boggling stupid play calling in Baltimore made Bruce Arians look like Bill Walsh. That's one gripe that annoying Ravens fans often had on-the-money.

IIRC Jim Caldwell has never been an OC. Is that correct? If true, love the move by the idiots in B-more.

Eddie Spaghetti
12-10-2012, 02:35 PM
the guy I don't want to see there is norv turner.

he is a joke as a HC, but a very good OC.

RuthlessBurgher
12-10-2012, 02:37 PM
IIRC Jim Caldwell has never been an OC. Is that correct? If true, love the move by the idiots in B-more.

You are correct...he's never been an O.C.

Iowa
(graduate assistant)
Southern Illinois
(wide receivers coach)
Northwestern
(offensive assistant)
Colorado
(wide receivers coach)
Louisville
(wide receivers coach)
Penn State
(quarterbacks coach)
Wake Forest
(head coach)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
(quarterbacks coach)
Indianapolis Colts
(quarterbacks coach/ assistant head coach)
Indianapolis Colts
(head coach)
Baltimore Ravens
(offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach)

Slapstick
12-10-2012, 02:40 PM
Actually.. the ST's gave up a long return after the Rats offense went 3 and out(ugly possession) to start OT.

Between Cameron and Harbaugh, which one was a special teams coach? hmmm....

phillyesq
12-10-2012, 02:42 PM

Yeah, I saw that many of them were upset, rightfully so, that Ray Rice did not have a carry in the fourth quarter against Pittsburgh. I get that you want to avoid running Rice until the wheels come off, but he is a heck of a weapon who Cameron does not use enough.

Djfan
12-10-2012, 03:06 PM
the guy I don't want to see there is norv turner.

he is a joke as a HC, but a very good OC.

I agree. I actually wanted him here, had they fired him sooner. Happy with Haley, though.

fordfixer
12-10-2012, 03:12 PM
Can he coach the O-line :-)

flippy
12-10-2012, 06:33 PM
I don't want to see them ride Rice. Unless they make the wheels fall off quicker.

lloydroid
12-10-2012, 06:42 PM
This is somewhat puzzling. I guess you have to go with Jon H. needing to throw the sacrificial lamb out there to deflect blame. I do have to say one thing: If I were a Rat's fan, I would be very angry over how many games, in the 2nd half, Cam had Flacco throw tons of passes - and he seemed to go no where and not make first downs - instead of keeping the play mix more balanced giving Rice touches. As a Steeler fan, that trend pleased me, but that is one area where Cam just seemed to create brain farts on a steady basis. Flacco seemed to go from accurate deep throws when the rushing game is going, to all-of-a-sudden beyond inconsistent when they go into a heavy pass dose on play calling. Yes, it did seem the team was desirous of Flacco proving to be a top tier QB, but is he? He shows flashes but he also consistently shows that when they go pass heavy, he starts to press and starts to panic and throw bad balls.

Regardless, it's probably good news for us that they made such an extreme move so late in the season.

RuthlessBurgher
12-10-2012, 07:18 PM
Regardless, it's probably good news for us that they made such an extreme move so late in the season.

I doubt it impacts us at all. Baltimore is by far the weakest of the 4 AFC division leaders, so they will likely get the 4th seed. If we manage to sneak in to the playoffs as a wildcard, it will be as the #6 seed, since we aren't passing Indy at this point. Therefore, if we got in, we'd be playing in Denver or New England (whichever one of those two doesn't get the first round bye), while Baltimore would host the Colts in the reverse Irsay Mayflower Moving Truck Bowl. If there was one team I wouldn't mind facing in the playoffs, it would be Baltimore, but that's quite unlikely. I think our victory over the Ravens last week was not necessarily a reflection of strength in our team, but more of an exposure of Baltimore as a fraud.

feltdizz
12-10-2012, 07:25 PM
Cam Cameron breaks both legs in car accident.

http://cam.cameron.mediafetcher.com/news/top_stories/football_car_crash?location=Baltimore

lloydroid
12-10-2012, 08:18 PM
Cam Cameron breaks both legs in car accident.

http://cam.cameron.mediafetcher.com/news/top_stories/football_car_crash?location=Baltimore

I thought this was going to say he got two broken legs because he got thrown under a bus.

Starlifter
12-10-2012, 09:49 PM
no matter how you cut it, firing the OC with 3 games left in the season for a playoff contender smacks of desperation and an attempt by the HC to pass the buck. you would think with flacco as QB ray rice would get more touches than he could handle - he's the only playmaker on the team.

still, always fun to watch the rats implode.

fezziwig
12-10-2012, 10:35 PM
That is very serious when you break both legs. They'll need to keep an eye on him throughout his recovery. It all depends on how badly they're broke but, it is a serious issue.

Yep, the first thing I thought of was, Hariball was throwing Cam on the fire before it got too hot for himself. Can you say ? " scape goat "

RuthlessBurgher
12-11-2012, 02:24 PM
The "Cam Cameron breaks both legs in a car accident" is a web sham.

You can look up "Ray Lewis breaks both legs in a car accident" and the same crap comes up from earlier this season.

feltdizz
12-11-2012, 03:03 PM
ohhh... they got me. Apologies...

lloydroid
12-11-2012, 03:15 PM
Source: The Baltimore Sun - Jeff Zrebiec

Updating previous items, the Baltimore Ravens have fired Cam Cameron as offensive coordinator. Quarterback coach Jim Caldwell will take over.

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ OUR VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

Cameron's offense lacks punch and is stuck in the 90s. The struggles of the team falls squarely on his shoulders. Baltimore runs nothing but iso routes and everyone knows what is coming before the snap. Receiver distribution and location must be used in order to alter the defensive gameplan.

This is from Football Guys daily email. I did not realize that Balt. was only running iso routes and that the O was merely of 1990's design and every D knew it. But, it's not like they just realized this. What, did Hairball just now figure this out with only 3 weeks left in the season?