PDA

View Full Version : Cincy and Baltimore both lose, that helps

SteelCrazy
12-09-2012, 05:28 PM
But if we play like this again it wont matter. Still in the hunt tho. Hopefully we get our act together.

DukieBoy
12-09-2012, 05:35 PM
We have become dependent, can't make it on our own, like we're on football welfare. Not impressive at this point.

Snatch98
12-09-2012, 05:37 PM
We have become dependent, can't make it on our own, like we're on football welfare. Not impressive at this point.

The team has been decimated by injuries and we came out stale on offense and the defense couldn't get them off the field. It was a bad game, they happen. The offense got the momentum the team needed to close out the game and as the thread title points out both the Bengals and the Ravens lost. We beat cincy and get some consistency and it's "back in business". Hopefully DeCastro is ready to rock soon. Just one of those games today.

DukieBoy
12-09-2012, 05:40 PM
The team has been decimated by injuries and we came out stale on offense and the defense couldn't get them off the field. It was a bad game, they happen. The offense got the momentum the team needed to close out the game and as the thread title points out both the Bengals and the Ravens lost. We beat cincy and get some consistency and it's "back in business". Hopefully DeCastro is ready to rock soon. Just one of those games today.

Yeah, I'm hopeful too. Just not impressed right now. I expected a W today vs a 4 and 8 team who had a decimated OL.

Starlifter
12-09-2012, 05:42 PM
just another wasted opportunity in a year of wasted opportunities. we're not out of it and if we're dancing in january with the experience on this team they could make a run - but dang if they're not on a mission to make this one of the most frustrating years in steelers history.

SteelBucks
12-09-2012, 05:46 PM
Forget Baltimore and Cincinnati. Realistically this team needs to win out. They've lost 3 of their last 4 and played like dogs today. Start with Dallas next week and go from there.

Snatch98
12-09-2012, 05:52 PM
Forget Baltimore and Cincinnati. Realistically this team needs to win out. They've lost 3 of their last 4 and played like dogs today. Start with Dallas next week and go from there.

You can't say "forget Baltimore and Cincy" because they both lost. It's like today's loss never happened because those two teams lost, more importantly the Bengals so no you can't say "forget" because those two losing was huge. No excuse for today but things couldn't have gone any better with the other teams in our division.

Captain Crunch
12-09-2012, 05:52 PM
So far this years team has proven to be just average... An elite team doesn't lay this many eggs in one season. This team obviously still has a lot of holes and no identity. Steelers were flat as a pancake today, not what you'd expect from a team that controlled its own destiny. They got physically beat on both sides of the ball. Embarrassing...

SteelBucks
12-09-2012, 05:56 PM
You can't say "forget Baltimore and Cincy" because they both lost. It's like today's loss never happened because those two teams lost, more importantly the Bengals so no you can't say "forget" because those two losing was huge. No excuse for today but things couldn't have gone any better with the other teams in our division.

I know what you mean but I don't want a 9-7 team limping into the playoffs. The Steelers need to figure this out quickly or it will be one and done if they get into the postseason. It's safe to say they are not peaking at the right time.

Snatch98
12-09-2012, 05:57 PM
So far this years team has proven to be just average... An elite team doesn't lay this many eggs in one season. This team obviously still has a lot of holes and no identity. Steelers were flat as a pancake today, not what you'd expect from a team that controlled its own destiny. They got physically beat on both sides of the ball. Embarrassing...

No excuse for today but this "elite team" was without it's franchise QB for 3 and a half games and a slew of other players. It's a bit of a miracle that we're 7-6 and still in the hunt. I'm tired of reading the above. If this team stayed healthy all year we're in a much better position right now. It's just the nature of the game.

Snatch98
12-09-2012, 06:00 PM
I know what you mean but I don't want a 9-7 team limping into the playoffs. The Steelers need to figure this out quickly or it will be one and done if they get into the postseason. It's safe to say they are not peaking at the right time.

They just need to get healthy. There were some serious mistakes today. Brown should have kicked the ball out of pounds to keep 5 points off the board. Wallace dropped a huge ball and the defense played like crap. After last week no one expected this game but with Ben coming back from injury the defense needed to play better. Even in garbage time you have to be encouraged with how the offense closed out the game. Hopefully DeCastro is ready to go and we pull Mendenhall out of the dog house. We're going to need Mendenhall going forward because for as much as I like Redman and Dwyer neither have "elite" intangibles. However I do agree, I have no desire to limp in to the playoffs and pull a one and done.

SteelBucks
12-09-2012, 06:14 PM
Any way you slice it, that upcoming game against the Bengals looks to be winner take all.

steelfin
12-09-2012, 07:34 PM
The only thing that it helps is to prolong the agony....I hate saying it, but this team is going nowhere this year.

Our offense just plain sucks....The defense (although statistically #1) is solid but is not making the plays the team needs to overcome our ineptness on special teams and offense.

Snatch98
12-09-2012, 07:36 PM
The only thing that it helps is to prolong the agony....I hate saying it, but this team is going nowhere this year.

Our offense just plain sucks....The defense (although statistically #1) is solid but is not making the plays the team needs to overcome our ineptness on special teams and offense.

Come on, our offense does not suck if Ben is healthy and we can get some sort of semblance of a running game. Mendenhall needs to get pulled from the dog house and put in the platoon even if he gets less carries than the other two.

steelfin
12-09-2012, 07:40 PM
Come on, our offense does not suck if Ben is healthy and we can get some sort of semblance of a running game. Mendenhall needs to get pulled from the dog house and put in the platoon even if he gets less carries than the other two.

All I hear is a bunch of ifs.....right now how can you argue that the offense doesn't suck? Really?

Jooser
12-09-2012, 07:42 PM
THere are many teams in the NFL playing with a lot of hurt players, some suck it up and play better than others....

feltdizz
12-09-2012, 08:34 PM
I'm sick of the injury excuse as well... we were at home vs a west coast team at 1pm and we looked like we had jetlag.

pittpete
12-09-2012, 08:44 PM
If this team stayed healthy all year we're in a much better position right now.

And if this team had wings, they could fly.
Enough with the excuses allready.
Does it make me happy to criticize this average penalty induced heartless sack of a team?
No, I'm crying in side but I refuse to make excuses.
The Chargers had 3 new OL starting and they played like they were together for years.
This isn't 1 bad game, this is a bad game every other week.
When we lose, we lose bad.
When we win, it's barely.
If players cant step in when starters are injured who's to blame?