PDA

View Full Version : Wallace is a bum. one-trick pony

Oviedo
12-09-2012, 03:06 PM
The guy is a bum. His defenders need to stay silent and hide. Near perfect throw and he can't make a slight adjustment. There is NOTHING to defend about him. In the past few weeks we have seen every reason everyone not drooling over Wallace gave about why he isn't elite. Sure he ran fast past his man but we saw the real Wallace limitations.

Great that Ben was talking to Brown walking off for the timeout. I'm sure he was telling him I'm going to you instead of that bum!

Steelhere10
12-09-2012, 04:15 PM
I can't argue , I defended him early in the season but now I'm glad we didn't pay him.

pittpete
12-09-2012, 04:20 PM
Shoulda took the $$$$ Mike.

Snatch98
12-09-2012, 04:23 PM
Well that was a hell of a throw and a nice catch. Still doesn't get Wallace out of the dog house.

Oviedo
12-09-2012, 04:25 PM
Well that was a hell of a throw and a nice catch. Still doesn't get Wallace out of the dog house.

Just proves that a perfect throw in his breadbasket he can catch. If he needs to make an adjustment, he is done. His drop early in game was a game changer.

NJ-STEELER
12-09-2012, 04:41 PM
where's our "best" and "highest paid" receiver been??

certainly not in the end zone.

unless you count the unbelievably stupid play to not knock the ball out of bounds on the charger DTD

pittpete
12-09-2012, 04:44 PM
How the F_ck can you constantly defend Wallace?
Brown didnt hold out,he didnt say he was a top WR in the NFL and he didnt turn down the $$$ offered to him.
What has Wallace done to show we need him?

Steelhere10
12-09-2012, 04:45 PM
where's our "best" and "highest paid" receiver been??

certainly not in the end zone.

unless you count the unbelievably stupid play to not knock the ball out of bounds on the charger DTDYou have a point. Once again Wallace scores the only TD.

pittpete
12-09-2012, 04:46 PM
And dropped yet another

NJ-STEELER
12-09-2012, 04:49 PM
How the F_ck can you constantly defend Wallace?
Brown didnt hold out,he didnt say he was a top WR in the NFL and he didnt turn down the $$$ offered to him.
What has Wallace done to show we need him?

im not defending wallace, he's been really bad.
im concerned with the offense moving forward with a #1 receiver who cant seem to ever find the end zone and will be the focus point for DBs once wallace is gone

Eddie Spaghetti
12-09-2012, 04:50 PM
nobody has to "run and hide". This is a message board.

should the lebeau haters run and hide too?

Steelhere10
12-09-2012, 04:52 PM
Well Brown just dropped a perfectly thrown ball by Ben, A little harder than Wallace but he still should have caught IT

pittpete
12-09-2012, 04:53 PM
im concerned with the offense moving forward with a #1 receiver who cant seem to ever find the end zone and will be the focus point for DBs once wallace is gone
When Wallace is gone, then hopefully our OC will adjust the offense and the someone else will step up.
Same crap when Plax and Stonio left.
Why do people keep having to be reminded that this is a team game?

pittpete
12-09-2012, 04:54 PM
Well Brown just dropped a perfectly thrown ball by Ben, A little harder than Wallace but he still should have caught IT

The one just thrown out of bounds?
You see the one he just caught?

NJ-STEELER
12-09-2012, 04:55 PM
hmmm

could of used stonio on the last drive of the last SB...no?

NJ-STEELER
12-09-2012, 04:56 PM
Well Bro

. wn just dropped a perfectly thrown ball by Ben, A little harder than Wallace but he still should have caught IT

and what if that was wallace that couldnt keep his feet in on the sidelines. ya know we'd hear it

pittpete
12-09-2012, 04:56 PM
hmmm

could of used stonio on the last drive of the last SB...no?

But we had Wallace.
What did he do?

Steelhere10
12-09-2012, 04:57 PM
The one down the sideline before that play.

pittpete
12-09-2012, 04:58 PM
GTG now, but keep defending a guy who'll be on the Rams next year

pittpete
12-09-2012, 04:59 PM
The one down the sideline before that play.
yes the one out of bounds.
Wallace wouldnt have even attempted to catch it.

NJ-STEELER
12-09-2012, 05:01 PM
whats brown's stats today? besides costing us 5 points

even with the drops, wallace has a TD and over 100 yards.

Steelhere10
12-09-2012, 05:01 PM
Now that was a great TD by Wallace. 4 rec on that drive.

NJ-STEELER
12-09-2012, 05:02 PM
edit

2 TDs

is AB allergic to the grass in the end zones of each stadium in the league?

feltdizz
12-09-2012, 05:10 PM
nobody has to "run and hide". This is a message board.

should the lebeau haters run and hide too?

Not today... lol.

Jooser
12-09-2012, 05:15 PM
THe only one's who should hide are the MT apologists. The whole team sucked today, Mike didn't have them prepared and it showed.

DBR96A
12-09-2012, 05:16 PM
Mike Wallace's big TD reception doesn't change the fact that he's too damn inconsistent to warrant the salary he wants.

NJ-STEELER
12-09-2012, 05:22 PM
AB with a TD finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DukieBoy
12-09-2012, 05:30 PM
Their touchdowns happened after the outcome of the game was decided. Easier to do under those circumstances. Leaves me underwhelmed.

Jigawatts
12-09-2012, 05:41 PM
That non touchdown catch and run changed the game. Maybe it was the lack of concentration he was talking about earlier in the week.

DukieBoy
12-09-2012, 05:44 PM
That non touchdown catch and run changed the game. Maybe it was the lack of concentration he was talking about earlier in the week.

Agree. That was a momentum play, then it was dropped.

Chadman
12-09-2012, 06:06 PM
Double the yards of his nearest team mate. 3 times the yards of the #1 WR. 2 TD's.

Wallace is a weapon, and won't be replaced by a guy on this roster. If/when the Steelers lose him, they'll need to replace him. Sanders, however, does a good Antonio Brown impersonation.

Hate Wallace all you like, but at least try & be more balanced in the arguments. Anyone would think Wallace is little more than a part-player.

In 4 seasons he's accumulated 3,934 yards. He's coming off back-to-back 1000+ yards seasons. He's never had less than 6 TD's in a season. He's on track for another 1000+ season, even with an offence that doesn't suit his style, and has admittedly underperformed.

Brown on the other hand has 1 1000+ yard season under his belt, and doesn't look likely to eclipse that number this season, despite now being the #1 WR. He has never had more that 2 recieving TD's in a season. And he's had his number of drops this year too.

But you all go on blaming Mike Wallace for the Steelers woes. By signing Brown to "Wallace's money" earlier this season, the Steelers didn't only 'make a statement', they built a rod for their own back, and put all their eggs in one basket. The FO must have known that, unless they would pony up more money for Wallace, that this would be a 'sign of disrespect' for a guy that has clearly outperformed Brown, which the FO must have known would make re-signing Wallace increasingly more difficult. Well done in keeping Brown, who is a very good possession reciever, in the fold. He looks a quality player. But they overspent for him, when Sander can do essentially the same job. Nobody on the roster can compare skill-sets with Wallace. And they've effectively run him out the door.

Nobody will convince Chadman that Wallace isn't the best WR on this roster. Can he be replaced? Yes, sure. The Steelers will need to replace him though, whereas with Brown- they had his replacement already on the roster. That doesn't sound like sound Salary Cap management to Chadman.

lloydroid
12-09-2012, 06:14 PM
Double the yards of his nearest team mate. 3 times the yards of the #1 WR. 2 TD's.

Wallace is a weapon, and won't be replaced by a guy on this roster. If/when the Steelers lose him, they'll need to replace him. Sanders, however, does a good Antonio Brown impersonation.

Hate Wallace all you like, but at least try & be more balanced in the arguments. Anyone would think Wallace is little more than a part-player.

In 4 seasons he's accumulated 3,934 yards. He's coming off back-to-back 1000+ yards seasons. He's never had less than 6 TD's in a season. He's on track for another 1000+ season, even with an offence that doesn't suit his style, and has admittedly underperformed.

Brown on the other hand has 1 1000+ yard season under his belt, and doesn't look likely to eclipse that number this season, despite now being the #1 WR. He has never had more that 2 recieving TD's in a season. And he's had his number of drops this year too.

But you all go on blaming Mike Wallace for the Steelers woes. By signing Brown to "Wallace's money" earlier this season, the Steelers didn't only 'make a statement', they built a rod for their own back, and put all their eggs in one basket. The FO must have known that, unless they would pony up more money for Wallace, that this would be a 'sign of disrespect' for a guy that has clearly outperformed Brown, which the FO must have known would make re-signing Wallace increasingly more difficult. Well done in keeping Brown, who is a very good possession reciever, in the fold. He looks a quality player. But they overspent for him, when Sander can do essentially the same job. Nobody on the roster can compare skill-sets with Wallace. And they've effectively run him out the door.

Nobody will convince Chadman that Wallace isn't the best WR on this roster. Can he be replaced? Yes, sure. The Steelers will need to replace him though, whereas with Brown- they had his replacement already on the roster. That doesn't sound like sound Salary Cap management to Chadman.

He's the 45th most productive rec. in the NFL. Let's not start worshiping him just yet. He has sucked and he is a reason we are barely an over .500 team. And don't think his totally crap attitude doesn't hurt team chemistry. I can't wait until he is off this team; it can't happen fast enough.

Mister Pittsburgh
12-09-2012, 06:20 PM

Do we run Brown on the go patterns? Are we capable of running a pass play like SD ran on their first TD?

Mister Pittsburgh
12-09-2012, 06:34 PM
He's the 45th most productive rec. in the NFL. Let's not start worshiping him just yet. He has sucked and he is a reason we are barely an over .500 team. And don't think his totally crap attitude doesn't hurt team chemistry. I can't wait until he is off this team; it can't happen fast enough.
I don't find it exactly odd that the guy that runs the go patterns, on a team with a QB that likes to 'extend plays' and go for the HR, would lead the team in yards and TD's. Yeah, they. Have Brown in the possession role and running those patterns so not a shock he isn't leading the team in yards.

Chadman
12-09-2012, 06:42 PM

There's a difference between 'worship' & 'balanced argument'. You are only focussed on one part of my post, and using that to singulary portray him as a failure. That you don't like him is fine, but foaming at the mouth in rage doesn't make you absolutely correct.

NJ-STEELER
12-09-2012, 06:43 PM

well said, chadman

and in a league thats becoming more and more pass oriented, they better not choose the cheap option(low round option) of replacing wallace if they dont want to pay for him.

they need a high pick or bring in a FA that can run and has some size... a true #1 if you will, casue i think AB is the perfect #2 (as is wallace IMO)

Chadman
12-09-2012, 06:44 PM
I don't find it exactly odd that the guy that runs the go patterns, on a team with a QB that likes to 'extend plays' and go for the HR, would lead the team in yards and TD's. Yeah, they. Have Brown in the possession role and running those patterns so not a shock he isn't leading the team in yards.

Fair point. So who can do Wallace's role as well as Wallace on this roster?

Mister Pittsburgh
12-09-2012, 07:12 PM
Fair point. So who can do Wallace's role as well as Wallace on this roster?
Can't tell till you have other WR's run the HR routes and your QB throwing it to them. I don't understand why we don't run any stop & goes, pump fakes to our wr's.

Chadman
12-09-2012, 07:27 PM
Can't tell till you have other WR's run the HR routes and your QB throwing it to them. I don't understand why we don't run any stop & goes, pump fakes to our wr's.

Without Wallace's top-end speed on the field next season, we may need to do exactly that.

DukieBoy
12-09-2012, 07:30 PM

If Ben pump-faked today, that would be all that he would have gotten off. The OL was a mess today, for whatever reasons, injury, preparation, talent, coaching. Ben had to extend plays with his scrambles today. Ben's pump fakes are killer when he has time.

Chadman
12-09-2012, 07:36 PM
If only we threw more bubble-screens...

steelfin
12-09-2012, 07:39 PM
Wallace is far from a bum like many on this board keep preaching....Sure he dropped some passes this year and probably check out early in a couple of games...but the rest of WR corp is not tearing it up...

He is the leading receiver on the team and has the most TDs...

I am not advocating that we pay two receivers crazy money...but if we want to keep him that is what we have to do....Colbert decided to play hardball and potentially let his ego get in the way...Perhaps he bet on the wrong horse...Time will tell.

The numbers don't lie....

Chadman
12-09-2012, 07:44 PM
Wallace is far from a bum like many on this board keep preaching....Sure he dropped some passes this year and probably check out early in a couple of games...but the rest of WR corp is not tearing it up...

He is the leading receiver on the team and has the most TDs...

I am not advocating that we pay two receivers crazy money...but if we want to keep him that is what we have to do....Colbert decided to play hardball and potentially let his ego get in the way...Perhaps he bet on the wrong horse...Time will tell.

The numbers don't lie....

Exactly. Not saying Brown wasn't worth keeping around, but at the expense of Wallace?

flippy
12-09-2012, 08:33 PM
Wally has the worst hands, ball awareness, and heart/effort of any #1 WR in the league. Anyone remember that movie where the WR had such bad hands the QB had to stick the ball in the WRs facemask so he'd catch it? That's what I keep waiting for from Ben.

Tomlin/Haley are showing they desparately want to get Wally going by throwing to him early in the game to keep his head in the game. I don't want a WR we have to coax into playing. I want a pro.

I say just dress Plax instead. He's awkward, but he'll fight for a ball. That's all I want out of Wally. Ben has to be exhausted by having to throw a perfect ball to Wally. And knowing he has no chance of drawing PI. It's painful to watch.

His garbage stats were too little too late.