PDA

View Full Version : Holy cr*p, Tomlin HATES Hairball!!!!

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-02-2012, 09:10 PM
Look for that clip of the "handshake" at the end of the game. Coach T looks like he had to do all he could to not spit on the d*bag (apologies to all d*bags).

I LOVE IT!!!

DukieBoy
12-02-2012, 09:21 PM
He turned a Whinebaugh behavior back upon a Whinebaugh, or so it seemed.

SidSmythe
12-02-2012, 09:22 PM
Can't wait to hear about this one!

Starlifter
12-02-2012, 09:27 PM
Douchebag said something to coach t. Anyone catch what he said?

BradshawsHairdresser
12-02-2012, 09:27 PM
Sounded like he said "Congratulations."

fordfixer
12-02-2012, 09:32 PM
Sounded like he said "Congratulations."
He said something after that but I couldn't tell what

Djfan
12-02-2012, 09:45 PM
970 am is reporting that Tomlin left in a hurry because he was looking for Flacco.

They also said that it is already on the net in video form, but I can't find it. Any help?

Djfan
12-02-2012, 09:54 PM
Found it!

Tomlin blows him off like a bloody snot ball.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap2000000104700/Tomlin-Harbaugh-heated-handshake

SteelCrazy
12-02-2012, 09:59 PM
That was disrepectful in HairBalls eyes.....Tomlin is a big meanie!

SteelCrazy
12-02-2012, 10:10 PM
This is what they said during their brief conversation.............

Hairball, "Congratulations."

Tomlin tries to walk away...

Hairball," Hey, hey, hey, I said congratulations."

Tomlin," Thank you. Good Job."

The End

Mister Pittsburgh
12-02-2012, 10:11 PM
You act like a whiny d!ck, and never give your opponent any credit after they beat you, you deserve to get blown off. Harbaugh is one coach I can't stand. I respect the Ravens. Don't like them, but respect them as a team, but not Habaugh.

papillon
12-02-2012, 10:13 PM
Mike Tomlin definitely won't be inviting the Harbaughs over for Christmas dinner, ya gotta love that, because most Steeler fans don't care for Harbaugh and now the coach gives him the obilgatory handshake because he has to, otherwise you know Mike Tomlin wouldn't have wasted the time to jog over to him.

Pappy

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-02-2012, 10:14 PM
Gotta think at some level this helps with team chemistry too. "We know you can't say it coach, but we know!!".

ROLROC
12-02-2012, 10:22 PM
Tomlin is a class act in regards to his 'coach' actions. If you have ever noticed the prior post game exchanges with Harbaugh, this was not unexpected and actually been a long time coming. F that POS Harbaugh.

Mister Pittsburgh
12-02-2012, 11:57 PM
"I think we missed a couple of opportunities early to really take a hold of this game even more," Flacco said. "I thought we could have put up 30 or 40 points today and we didn't. I think that's a reflection that we hurt ourselves."

This is why I despise Flacco and Harbaugh. You could of hung 40 on us? F U flacco.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-03-2012, 12:05 AM
"I think we missed a couple of opportunities early to really take a hold of this game even more," Flacco said. "I thought we could have put up 30 or 40 points today and we didn't. I think that's a reflection that we hurt ourselves."

This is why I despise Flacco and Harbaugh. You could of hung 40 on us? F U flacco.

:wft:roll::lol::lol::loser

ikestops85
12-03-2012, 12:08 AM
I'm really not sure what Flacco is talking about. I think we made the most mistakes ... without those we could have hung 40 on them.

DukieBoy
12-03-2012, 12:08 AM
Maybe the delusions help Flacco somehow.

Ghost
12-03-2012, 12:23 AM
Harbaugh is as big a douche as there is in the NFL.

As for Flacco - I don't recall any QB being so out of touch with his own ability as this ass clown, ever. He's mediocre at best and just got out played by Batch and still thinks he should be mentioned with the elites. He's literally not in touch with reality.

JDSteeler
12-03-2012, 12:26 AM
Cant wait for NFLN to replay this one!!!

JD

skyhawk
12-03-2012, 01:19 AM
:wft:roll::lol::lol::loser

I don't know what game you were watching, but the Ravens flat out dominated in the first half. We were lucky to be down only 13-3 and 13-6 at half.

Snatch98
12-03-2012, 01:27 AM
I don't know what game you were watching, but the Ravens flat out dominated in the first half. We were lucky to be down only 13-3 and 13-6 at half.

Dominated? We definitely weren't watching the same game. We shot ourselves in the foot a few times but dominated? Never. They weren't getting near batch, had a couple deep throws and a ticky tack PI call. Dominated? Are you serious? What game were you watching?

hawaiiansteel
12-03-2012, 01:36 AM

I disagree, if Batch doesn't overthrow a wide open Wallace in the end zone we would have only trailed 13-10 at the half...

skyhawk
12-03-2012, 02:18 AM
Steelers were shooting themselves in the foot, to be sure, they didn't do much of anything in the first half. The second half was a completely different story.

Maybe domination is a stretch but temper that with my expectations at the time. They were pretty low. I knew Batch had played well in the past but I didn't expect him to come thru so well today!

The curse of the towel continues! Wow!

Slapstick
12-03-2012, 06:35 AM
I don't know if Coach T. does or not...but, I kind of do...

Slapstick
12-03-2012, 07:46 AM

I agree.

Just as you will agree, I'm sure, that dominating for one half is utterly meaningless unless you also win the game...

Unless you think that the Raves are telling each other, "We're great! We dominated the first half!!!"

Jooser
12-03-2012, 08:10 AM

Yeah, if anybody left any points on the field it was US! My lord they are delusional in Baltimore.

Jooser
12-03-2012, 09:45 AM
....and I might add, I hate Hairball as well.

JAR
12-03-2012, 09:48 AM
....and I might add, I hate Hairball as well.

Both of them...

fezziwig
12-03-2012, 09:50 AM
I thought we should have been over the top with this game in our favor and we were the ones that continued to allow opportunities to slip by. Had Ben been in the game, I believe we would have crushed them yesterday and two weeks ago.

Jooser
12-03-2012, 09:53 AM
I thought we should have been over the top with this game in our favor and we were the ones that continued to allow opportunities to slip by. Had Ben been in the game, I believe we would have crushed them yesterday and two weeks ago.

Absolutely, without question fezz. ...and the Stains also. It's going to be UGLY for them when they come to our house with Ben playing.

flippy
12-03-2012, 09:57 AM
Love me some Mikey T. I hope this gets some airplay this week. Thanks for showing Summer's Eve the respect he deserves.

fezziwig
12-03-2012, 10:03 AM
Love me some Mikey T. I hope this gets some airplay this week. Thanks for showing Summer's Eve the respect he deserves.

Summers Eve , lmao. I can see Hairbaugh now doing a commercial riding a bike in a flowery summery gown wearing a floppy hat.

flippy
12-03-2012, 10:29 AM
Summers Eve , lmao. I can see Hairbaugh now doing a commercial riding a bike in a flowery summery gown wearing a floppy hat.

Gotta credit RB for calling him Coach M (the douche) and my inability to remember how to spell the M word. :)

fezziwig
12-03-2012, 11:08 AM
Gotta credit RB for calling him Coach M (the douche) and my inability to remember how to spell the M word. :)

Massengill is how its spelled. The reason why I know this is, during the Baltimore interview after the game there was a box Massengills on the top shelve in Harbaughs office in the background.

He must use lady napkins too because there was container on the same shelf that read, " good to the last drop. "

flippy
12-03-2012, 02:26 PM
Massengill is how its spelled. The reason why I know this is, during the Baltimore interview after the game there was a box Massengills on the top shelve in Harbaughs office in the background.

He must use lady napkins too because there was container on the same shelf that read, " good to the last drop. "

No, not the vampire tea bags....

fezziwig
12-03-2012, 03:18 PM
That's Flaccos mistake right there. He/Ravens left their points on the field and the Steelers left theirs on the score board. He must have not gotten the memo.

RuthlessBurgher
12-03-2012, 04:35 PM
No, not the vampire tea bags....

http://cbswzgc.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/family_guy_thats_nasty1-e1284388614974.jpg

fezziwig
12-03-2012, 04:46 PM
I thought I would at least got one laugh out of the " good to the last drop comment. " flippy must have ruined it with his tea bag comments. i guess if your a cowboy type vampire you can use them as scoal bandit type chew.

RuthlessBurgher
12-03-2012, 04:53 PM
I thought I would at least got one laugh out of the " good to the last drop comment. " flippy must have ruined it with his tea bag comments. i guess if your a cowboy type vampire you can use them as scoal bandit type chew.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTDcochrtVGpmVhitfKmy2oc_ljPcNNB Rdm8MpT0JVYKTC1om1awLCy7fhq

lloydroid
12-03-2012, 05:18 PM
So why do you think MT hates him? MT always says things like "They bring out the best in us. We are basically the same team as each other" etc. But he genuinely looked like a man who hated JH. Before this, I would assume that he respected and even liked him. Do you think they are coaching the Ravens to do dirty things that MT thinks is over the line? Is that why he would hate him?

spyboots
12-03-2012, 05:38 PM
You don't respect someone who doesn't respect You. Tomlin always gives props to the other team (even in a loss). The douchebag didn't.

lloydroid
12-03-2012, 05:43 PM
You don't respect someone who doesn't respect You. Tomlin always gives props to the other team (even in a loss). The douchebag didn't.

JH approached MT and said, "Congratulations." It was MT who showed he wanted nothing to do with JH.

Iron Shiek
12-03-2012, 05:58 PM
I was reading a rats board just to see their reaction. I'd say its about 60% seeing nothing to this, 25% melting down over the lack of respect and class Tomlin apparently showed and then 5% actually defending Tomlin (mostly steelers fans posting, but a few rats fans even saying that Harbaugh showed a lack of class).

How's that for a scientific study.
Carry on...

**Edit: I forgot to mention that someone on there said Harbaugh was asked about it in the press conference and he just said that he wanted to make sure Tomlin heard him say congratulations.

NorthCoast
12-03-2012, 08:32 PM
I agree.

Just as you will agree, I'm sure, that dominating for one half is utterly meaningless unless you also win the game...

Unless you think that the Raves are telling each other, "We're great! We dominated the first half!!!"

Yes.

I am sure the Cowboys and Chiefs would agree with that statement. If games were decided in halfs, Ravens record would be worse.

It was clear what the gameplan of the Ravens was, chuck the ball up field a few times and hope for a Steeler CB fail or a PI. Problem was, the Steelers CB didn't cooperate.

The QB and HC of the Ravens are so dismissive of their opponents I am glad Coach T returned the favor on the handshake. The only satisfying way to end all of this is through a beat-down of the Ravens in the playoffs. Hope my dream comes true.

Eddie Spaghetti
12-03-2012, 09:04 PM
the ravens are dirty.

watch the extra point tries last night. The way they attacked warren cheap as hell.

good for tomlin as I have zero respect for john harbaugh and the brand of football he coaches.

Mister Pittsburgh
12-03-2012, 09:05 PM
JH approached MT and said, "Congratulations." It was MT who showed he wanted nothing to do with JH.
Read every post game interview, in the Ravens losses to us, and Harbaugh never gives credit to us...always states they are the better team. After their win 2 weeks ago Harbaugh was spouting off how the better team won. The more physical team won. Do you hear Tomlin saying how awesome we are after wins? That's bush league.

Also, every game we play them they hit our QB's in the head and when we were driving near the end they tried taking Batch out, twice going with blows to his head. I think they are dirty. I think they got all the calls and most the breaks yesterday and we still kicked their butts. They are as overrated as it gets. If Ben was healthy this year we crush them both times.

Eddie Spaghetti
12-03-2012, 09:09 PM
add to that, everytime the ravens beat us they celebrate like they just won the superbowl.

the little brother complex is pathetic and funny at the same time.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-03-2012, 09:15 PM
add to that, everytime the ravens beat us they celebrate like they just won the superbowl.

the little sister complex is pathetic and funny at the same time.

There, I fixed that for you, Eddie Spaghetti!

Mister Pittsburgh
12-03-2012, 09:38 PM

the little brother complex is pathetic and funny at the same time.

this is so true....

BradshawsHairdresser
12-03-2012, 11:13 PM
A fan calling in to NFL Radio today said that after the Ravens game two weeks ago, Harbaugh blew off Tomlin after the game. Does anyone know if this is true? If it is, it might explain MT's response after the rematch...

fordfixer
12-03-2012, 11:57 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/tomlin-john-harbaugh-awkward-handshake-ravens-steelers-game-143149566--nfl.html

Tomlin, John Harbaugh have awkward handshake after Ravens-Steelers game
By Jay Busbee | Shutdown Corner

You know how postgame coaches' handshakes are supposed to work: The field generals, surrounded by a retinue of local police trying hard not to smile for the TV cameras, meet at midfield and handshake, share a dude-embrace, and offer up some local steakhouse recommendations or whatever. These guys understand what each other is going through more than anyone else on earth.
So when something goes awry with the usual routine, we notice. Like at the conclusion of Sunday's Ravens-Steelers game, when losing Baltimore coach John Harbaugh wasn't content with the nice-game quickshake of Pittsburgh's Mike Tomlin. As you can see in the video above, Harbaugh hauls Tomlin back to make sure Tomlin knows that Harbaugh wants to congratulate him. I'm not going to be ignored, Mike!
Yeah, so, that was weird. While it's tempting to attach mystical, metaphorical significance to a single moment, let's not do that. Let's just wonder why it is that Harbaugh felt it necessary to wrangle Tomlin and force him to accept Harbaugh's congratulations, and then look at the departing Tomlin several times in apparent frustration/disgust/hurt feelings. The Ravens and the Steelers are both teams who have no trouble stirring up rivalry and bad blood, and this looks to be another one of those moments. Not exactly earth-shattering, of course, but enough to raise a couple eyebrows.

What's up with the Harbaughs and handshakes? This marks at least the fourth time that John Harbaugh or his brother Jim, head coach of the 49ers, have had a little trouble pulling off the ol' postgame grip-and-grin:
— Last year, Detroit Lions head coach Jim Schwartz chased down Jim Harbaugh after Harbaugh gloated a bit in the wake of the 49ers' win over Detroit.
— Also last season, John Harbaugh and then-Chiefs head coach Todd Haley had a testy exchange over the Ravens' use of timeouts in a preseason game.
— And back in 2009, when Jim Harbaugh coached Stanford and now-Seattle coach Pete Carroll headed up USC, the coaches got into a battle of what's-your-deals after Stanford manhandled the Trojans 55-21.
Although this is an absurdly small sample size, this is the Internet, so we'll just leap right to judgment: The Harbaughs should be banned from performing postgame handshakes until they can handle themselves appropriately. Perhaps they can have proxy handshakers to demonstrate proper form. That seems like a logical solution, yes?

fordfixer
12-04-2012, 01:01 AM
John Harbaugh, Mike Tomlin share awkward handshake after Steelers beat Ravens
GAME ON!

Chris Chase, USA TODAY

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/12/02/tomlin-harbaugh-testy-handshake/1741585/

8:56PM EST December 2. 2012 -
Another Harbaugh, another handshake controversy.

Baltimore Ravens coach John Harbaugh was involved in a testy handshake with Mike Tomlin on Sunday, moments after the Pittsburgh Steelers last-second win in the bitter division rivalry.

Harbaugh said "congratulations" as the two met at midfield following Shaun Suisham's game-winning field goal at time expired. Tomlin, who was jogging and looked disinterested in exchanging pleasantries, stabbed at Harbaugh's hand from a distance, grabbed it briefly and continued on his way without breaking stride. He wanted the run-off handshake.

But Harbaugh didn't let go and pulled Tomlin back toward him, while saying, "hey, hey, hey I said congratulations." He had the tone of a mother reminding her son to say "thank you."

A bemused Tomlin didn't resist. He reluctantly came back to Harbaugh, said "thank you, good job," and ran away. Not that we ever want to assign a thought to another person, but it's not too much of an assumption to say Tomlin may have been thinking something else. His eyes said it all during the brief moment he and Harbaugh made eye contact.

This is all on Harbaugh. He acted like a petulant child, which is to say he acted like his brother, Jim, who gained handshake infamy last year when he swatted Jim Schwartz on the back after his San Francisco 49ers won in Detroit. Tomlin offered his hand. That's all he needs to do. Pulling him back and admonishing him was petty and juvenile.

Some will say Tomlin wasn't a good winner. He didn't make eye contact, he didn't acknowledge Harbaugh's initial words and he ran away from the handshake. All true and all nonsense. Perfunctory exchanges make not sportsmanship. Why does Tomlin need to act like Harbaugh's "good game" was a heartfelt expression from a defeated gladiator? It's phony. It's meaningless. You may not believe that. Regardless, can you deny Harbaugh was more of a bad loser than Tomlin was a bad winner?

If you were watching the game on CBS, you would have missed the awkward moment. The network was showing a long embrace between 37-year-old quarterback Charlie Batch and injured starter Ben Roethlisberger. Only the briefest flicker of the handshake was aired live.

hawaiiansteel
12-04-2012, 01:35 AM
http://i831.photobucket.com/albums/zz240/stbsteeler/306069_500561613310520_1538250135_n.jpg

NorthCoast
12-04-2012, 01:53 PM
John Harbaugh, Mike Tomlin share awkward handshake after Steelers beat Ravens
GAME ON!

Chris Chase, USA TODAY

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/12/02/tomlin-harbaugh-testy-handshake/1741585/

8:56PM EST December 2. 2012 -
Another Harbaugh, another handshake controversy.

Baltimore Ravens coach John Harbaugh was involved in a testy handshake with Mike Tomlin on Sunday, moments after the Pittsburgh Steelers last-second win in the bitter division rivalry.

Harbaugh said "congratulations" as the two met at midfield following Shaun Suisham's game-winning field goal at time expired. Tomlin, who was jogging and looked disinterested in exchanging pleasantries, stabbed at Harbaugh's hand from a distance, grabbed it briefly and continued on his way without breaking stride. He wanted the run-off handshake.

But Harbaugh didn't let go and pulled Tomlin back toward him, while saying, "hey, hey, hey I said congratulations." He had the tone of a mother reminding her son to say "thank you."

A bemused Tomlin didn't resist. He reluctantly came back to Harbaugh, said "thank you, good job," and ran away. Not that we ever want to assign a thought to another person, but it's not too much of an assumption to say Tomlin may have been thinking something else. His eyes said it all during the brief moment he and Harbaugh made eye contact.

This is all on Harbaugh. He acted like a petulant child, which is to say he acted like his brother, Jim, who gained handshake infamy last year when he swatted Jim Schwartz on the back after his San Francisco 49ers won in Detroit. Tomlin offered his hand. That's all he needs to do. Pulling him back and admonishing him was petty and juvenile.

Some will say Tomlin wasn't a good winner. He didn't make eye contact, he didn't acknowledge Harbaugh's initial words and he ran away from the handshake. All true and all nonsense. Perfunctory exchanges make not sportsmanship. Why does Tomlin need to act like Harbaugh's "good game" was a heartfelt expression from a defeated gladiator? It's phony. It's meaningless. You may not believe that. Regardless, can you deny Harbaugh was more of a bad loser than Tomlin was a bad winner?

If you were watching the game on CBS, you would have missed the awkward moment. The network was showing a long embrace between 37-year-old quarterback Charlie Batch and injured starter Ben Roethlisberger. Only the briefest flicker of the handshake was aired live.

Harbaugh can't have it both ways. Can't say "congratulations" and ask for a gracious acceptance, then follow it up with postgame comments saying they were the better team. Were these Harbaugh brothers mistreated by their mothers or something?

Mister Pittsburgh
12-04-2012, 02:29 PM
Have we played a game against them where they didn't cheap shot our QB AND go helmet to helmet on at least one of our WR or TE? I mean Ben got his nose ripped apart by them, Leftwich took a shot to the head by them, Batch took two cheap shots to the head by them, Sanders took a helmet to helmet this year by Reed, last year Heath got knocked out of the game and the following two weeks for a cheap shot helmet to helmet hit. I am sure I am missing some....

Piss on that team. If we face them in the playoffs I'm having Timmons blitz up the middle and going straight helmet to helmet spearing style on Flacco, take the 15 yard penalty, and pay the fine. He wouldn't get suspended as apparently Ed Reed can go helmet to helmet on people half a dozen times, get suspended, and then have the suspension revoked. I would kill Flacco on the first series they have the ball so he has to try and play the entire game in a daze.

hawaiiansteel
12-07-2012, 02:19 AM
Mike Tomlin's college teammate says 'bad blood' exists with John Harbaugh

Nate Davis, USA TODAY
December 6. 2012

You better be careful what you say about coach Mike Tomlin's Pittsburgh Steelers because it could come back to bite you.

His undermanned team ended the Baltimore Ravens' 15-game home winning streak Sunday, evidently fueled in part by some two-week old comments from Ravens coach John Harbaugh, and set the stage for Tomlin's drive-by handshake with his counterpart following the game.

"There's bad blood between these two coaches," said NFL Network analyst Darren Sharper, who was Tomlin's college teammate at William & Mary in the 1990s, on Showtime's Inside the NFL on Wednesday night.

"You think about the fact that the teams do not like each other, so that carries over to the coaches because they're the ones preaching to the team before the games. And before this game there was a little bit of an incident in which Coach Harbaugh had some comments after they beat the Pittsburgh Steelers which he knew the camera was on, too."

Sharper was referring to a locker room clip of Harbaugh lauding his club immediately after its 13-10 win at Heinz Field on Nov. 18, the Steelers' first game this season without injured quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.

Said Harbaugh to the troops that night: "The toughest team won that football game. The mentally tough team won that football game. The better team won the football game. The team that knows how to win won that football game."

Yes, if you're keeping track, Tomlin's team has reached two Super Bowls and won one since 2008, Harbaugh's first year in Baltimore. The Steelers eliminated the Ravens in the playoffs on the way to both of those Super Bowls, and many Baltimore players acknowledge that the lone missing element in the teams' bloody rivalry is the fact that none of them (save Ray Lewis 12 years ago) have rings.

So hearing Harbaugh deem the Ravens the tougher team clearly didn't sit well with Mr. T.

"Coach Tomlin, like all coaches do, they watch everything. They read the papers — they try to say they don't — they read the papers, they look at television, and he thought that was a message towards his team," said Sharper, who wasn't merely speculating.

"I know this for sure. I talked to Mike, and after the game I asked him about the handshake, and he said that there is some bad blood there. And he did not appreciate what Coach Harbaugh said postgame after the first victory."

If you're watching, Coach Harbaugh, NFL Films captured Tomlin repeatedly referred to his troops as "tough team" as he shook each player's hand on their way into the visitors' locker room at M&T Bank Stadium, which lasted hosted a victor on Dec. 5, 2010 ... that's right, Tomlin's Steelers.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/12/06/mike-tomlin-jim-harbaugh-bad-blood-steelers-ravens-darren-sharper-inside-the-nfl/1750687/

Mister Pittsburgh
12-07-2012, 08:05 AM
Suck it Harbaugh.

Slapstick
12-07-2012, 09:14 AM
Suck it Harbaugh.

Suck it?

Hell, thank you, Harbaugh!!

If you weren't such a whiny douchebag, such a poor winner and such a sore loser, perhaps the Steelers lack that little bit of extra motivation to end that home winning streak of yours...

Enjoy those chickens that came home to roost...and crapped on you in your house...

phillyesq
12-07-2012, 10:48 AM
the ravens are dirty.

watch the extra point tries last night. The way they attacked warren cheap as hell.

good for tomlin as I have zero respect for john harbaugh and the brand of football he coaches.

They are absolutely dirty. The way that Yanda just dives directly at Hampton's knees without is absolutely dirty, even if legal. It's not like he is trying to make a low block - he's trying to blow out a knee. They are dirty, whiny cheap shot artists and it comes from their no-class head coach.

When the leader of your team is somebody who should probably still be in jail, what else would you expect?