11-30-2012, 04:25 PM
Just heard. True or False?

RuthlessBurgher
11-30-2012, 04:29 PM
I'm voting None of the Above.

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=I.4601212179580840&pid=1.9

RuthlessBurgher
11-30-2012, 04:31 PM
Seriously, though, according to Steelers.com, he has been ruled out for Sunday already:

Who’s in, who’s out this week
Posted by Teresa Varley on November 30, 2012 – 2:25 pm

Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has been officially ruled out for Sunday’s game against the Baltimore Ravens, still recovering from his shoulder injury. In addition, tackle Mike Adams (ankle), quarterback Byron Leftwich (ribs) and linebacker LaMarr Woodley (ankle) will not play on Sunday.

Wide receiver Jerricho Cotchery (ribs) and tackle Willie Colon (knee) are listed as questionable, and both were limited in practice on Friday. If Colon doesn’t play, Maurkice Pouncey will start at guard.

“It’s football. I am an offensive lineman, I have to adjust to it,” said Pouncey. “It’s still run blocking and pass blocking. I am pretty sure they will pull me a couple of times to see how I look out there. Hopefully I will do good.”

Complete Injury Report:

Steelers

Out – T Mike Adams (ankle), QB Byron Leftwich (ribs), QB Ben Roethlisberger (right shoulder), LB LaMarr Woodley (ankle)

Questionable – T Willie Colon (knee), WR Jerricho Cotchery (ribs)

Probable – WR Antonio Brown (ankle), DT Casey Hampton (illness), S Troy Polamalu (calf), T Max Starks (back)

Ravens

Out – CB Jimmy Smith (abdomen)

Doubtful – TE Ed Dickson (knee)

Questionable – LB Dannell Ellerbe (ankle, knee), CB Chris Johnson (thigh), DE Pernell McPhee (thigh)

Probable – WR Anquan Boldin (knee), DT Terrence Cody (elbow), CB Corey Graham (illness), WR Jacoby Jones (ankle), TE Dennis Pitta (neck), S Bernard Pollard (chest), S Ed Reed (shoulder), WR Torrey Smith (thigh), LB Terrell Suggs (ankle)

http://blog.steelers.com/2012/11/30/whos-in-whos-out-this-week/

fezziwig
11-30-2012, 04:32 PM
I heard it on the Fan or at least that is how it sounded as I started up my truck. Yeah, I got in my truck started it up and I thought I heard the annoucer say, Ben is out for the Ravens game. I wasn't excatly paying attention to the radio at the time, you know how that is.

flippy
11-30-2012, 04:40 PM
Thanks. I should remember to check steelers.com to verify stuff. :)

SidSmythe
11-30-2012, 05:32 PM
Thanks. I should remember to check steelers.com to verify stuff. :)

It's also on ESPN.com

skyhawk
11-30-2012, 07:26 PM
heard it earlier on espn radio about 1pm EST.

Do we have a chance at a wild card? Should the Steelers rest some starters in hopes to win 4 in a row if Ben is back next Sunday?

Can the Steelers beat the Ravens now? LOL!!! What say yinzes?

LordVile
11-30-2012, 07:37 PM
He will play next week.. dont' need him all beat up like last year against the Niners.. ruined the playoffs.. this is not a MUST WIN game.. the division is out of reach.. Just get him healthy for the stretch starting next week.. All the teams we face have losing records (xcept cincy), we got mostly home games, just gotta DEFINATELY beat the BUNGALS at home for that wild card slot..

Keyplay1
12-01-2012, 01:20 PM
He will play next week.. dont' need him all beat up like last year against the Niners.. ruined the playoffs.. this is not a MUST WIN game.. the division is out of reach.. Just get him healthy for the stretch starting next week.. All the teams we face have losing records (xcept cincy), we got mostly home games, just gotta DEFINATELY beat the BUNGALS at home for that wild card slot..

That sounds about right. But what really bothers me about all this is Ben playing in that Frisco game last year. If you recall, in many ways the game was meaningless. I was totally totally against him playing in that game. It surely impacted the season and in the wrong way.

And indirectly is affecting the mood of the fans and possibly the organization in this years situation. Last years totally wrong decision to play Ben in that game had all but eliminated any chance or even hopeful speculation that Ben would play in this game. Why? Because of the totally negative results from last year.

What I am trying to say is had Ben not played in that game last year at least this year some of us fans would have had a realistic hope he might make it this year even though not 100%.

This is actually hard to explain. Ok. Bill Cowher used to often say "2 wrongs don't make a right." I think that gets it. In other words opting to let Ben play this year after last years debacle, even if it was only marginal, would be unthinkable.

This is of course all a mute point. Anyone watching this weeks news could see Ben is barely tossing the ball a few feet. In fact, don't be so sure he will be able to play next week. It will probably be day to day and by Thursday the arm should be okay. Maybe?

lloydroid
12-01-2012, 04:48 PM
I told you all he was not going to make this game 2 weeks ago. All the BS with them lying was obvious to me. Those BS tricks accomplish nothing. It is so tired and lame. Wake up, Pgh, you fool no one and you look like a joke.

RuthlessBurgher
12-01-2012, 05:03 PM
I told you all he was not going to make this game 2 weeks ago. All the BS with them lying was obvious to me. Those BS tricks accomplish nothing. It is so tired and lame. Wake up, Pgh, you fool no one and you look like a joke.

Why do you get your panties in a bunch over this injury reporting issue? If they really were trying to play this up for a competitive advantage of some kind, they would have said he would be a game-time decision and not announced that he was deactivated until an hour or so before kickoff on Sunday (I heard interviews from Harbaugh, Rice, and Suggs which were all somewhat expecting Ben to pull a Willis Reed this week). And yet they make the announcement that he's out on Friday.

Steelhere10
12-01-2012, 06:52 PM
If Ben miss one more game, this season is over!

chiken
12-01-2012, 08:04 PM
If Ben miss one more game, this season is over!

It really isnt

ikestops85
12-02-2012, 12:24 AM
I think we can win this game with Batch at QB. The team will pick it up and Batch will look much better than he did last week.

There, I said it!! :tt2:tt2:tt2

RuthlessBurgher
12-02-2012, 01:51 PM
I think we can win this game with Batch at QB. The team will pick it up and Batch will look much better than he did last week.

There, I said it!! :tt2:tt2:tt2

Why did we lose the last two games against Baltimore and Cleveland? Everyone points to feeble, geriatric backup QB's Byron Leftwich and Charlie Batch first, but the fact is that Byron and Charlie threw for more yards in the last two games than their counterparts Flacco and Weeden (Leftwich and Batch had 199 yards each, whicle Flacco had 164 and Weeden had 158).

The reason is that we were MINUS TEN IN TURNOVER DIFFERENTIAL IN THOSE TWO GAMES ALONE (minus 3 vs. Baltimore and minus 7 vs. Cleveland). And, somehow, we still only lost those two games by NINE POINTS COMBINED (lost by 3 to Baltimore and lost by 6 to Cleveland). With horrendous back-to-back turnover differentials like those, most teams would have lost those games by scores of 28-3 and 45-10 (or something like that) rather than 13-10 and 20-14. For how bad we looked in the last two weeks, we were still within one score of victory at the end of each game.

If we don't shoot ourselves in the foot (perhaps a poor choice of phrase now that Plaxico is back on our team) by turning the ball over again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again, then we would have beaten both of those teams quite handily. If we simply hold onto the ball today, we can beat this flawed Ravens team, even with Batch under center.