PDA

View Full Version : I need the opinion of the board

D Rock
11-28-2012, 06:58 PM
Tomorrow night I will be attending the Saints-Falcons game here in Atlanta. My fiancee is from Baton Rouge and my buddy got us tickets to this game as an engagement gift.

Clearly I will not be wearing anything supporting an NFL team that is not the Steelers so here is the question -

Should I go full out Steelers gear for this game, or should I wear a Pens jersey and at least from a color scheme perspective lend my support to the Saints.

I'm leaning towards the Pens jersey right now. Heck, this may be the only sporting event I have the chance to wear this jersey for this year.

DukieBoy
11-28-2012, 07:07 PM
I think it would be real cool to wear a hockey jersey in New Orleans just to see the reactions, but in Atlanta I'd go with the Steelers jersey. Or you could go with the Pens Jersey and hold up a sign that says "The Real Ice is in the Burgh" or some such local irritant.

phillyesq
11-28-2012, 07:07 PM
The last non-Steelers game I went to was the Eagles/Cowboys game, and I opted for a Steelers shirt with the 6 rings, but against the full jersey. I got a few wierd looks, but after explaining that the Cowboys were a common eney of all, it went over ok.

I would probably wear something neutral - I generally don't wear a Steelers jersey to any sporting event other than a Steelers game.

hawaiiansteel
11-28-2012, 07:21 PM
I think you should wear this to the game:

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb182/lemapp/Super%20Bowl%20XLIII/Steelers_Front.jpg

D Rock
11-28-2012, 07:26 PM
I'm in. Where do I get one in the next 20 hours Hawaiian?

SidSmythe
11-28-2012, 07:28 PM
No question. Last time I went to a non Steeler game was the Bills vs. Dolphins back in 1997.
I was all decked out in Steeler gear and walked thru the parking lot with my arms in the air like I was the champion.
Steelers were on a bye week (otherwise I would have never gone to the game).

Lonbull
11-28-2012, 08:08 PM
Tomorrow night I will be attending the Saints-Falcons game here in Atlanta. My fiancee is from Baton Rouge and my buddy got us tickets to this game as an engagement gift.

Clearly I will not be wearing anything supporting an NFL team that is not the Steelers so here is the question -

Should I go full out Steelers gear for this game, or should I wear a Pens jersey and at least from a color scheme perspective lend my support to the Saints.

I'm leaning towards the Pens jersey right now. Heck, this may be the only sporting event I have the chance to wear this jersey for this year.

First of all Congratulations!!

If it were me I'd just wear black and support your fiancee's team --- you've got nothing to lose here.

However if it's either Steelers or Penquins.....definitely Steelers -- why show support for a sport that has had two major strikes in the past eight years?!?

L.B.

hawaiiansteel
11-28-2012, 08:46 PM
If it were me I'd just wear black and support your fiancee's team

L.B.

you sound like a very wise man...:Clap

D Rock
11-28-2012, 08:52 PM
you sound like a very wise man...:Clap

fortunately for me, the Penguins are her team.

One of the benefits of a southern girl...you get to prove to her that there is in fact a sport known as hockey, and its easy to convince her that your team is the best team.

She also knows more about the Steelers than the Saints now. I'd say she is 75% converted at this point.

D Rock
11-28-2012, 08:53 PM
First of all Congratulations!!

If it were me I'd just wear black and support your fiancee's team --- you've got nothing to lose here.

However if it's either Steelers or Penquins.....definitely Steelers -- why show support for a sport that has had two major strikes in the past eight years?!?

L.B.

Thanks, Lonbull. Its always good to see you back posting.

fordfixer
11-28-2012, 08:58 PM
I always get compliments on my Steelers stuff at other sporting events. Wear it proudly brother:tt1:tt1:tt1

RuthlessBurgher
11-28-2012, 09:12 PM
The Pens sweater with a Steelers cap sounds good to me.

BnGSteel
11-28-2012, 10:58 PM
I went to see the Bills/Chiefs game in Buffalo in 1996 with a friend of mine from college. He was a HUGE Chiefs fan, and I hadn't seen a game at that stadium yet, so I went to support him. However, I opted to wear the Steelers sweatshirt and my Towel despite the non-Steeler game. It was actually my buddy who got more grief for wearing a Montana Chiefs jersey as people kept yelling "Montana doesn't play for them any more!".

Having said that, it's always good to keep your girlfriend/wife happy and do what's needed. Hope you enjoy the game.

flippy
11-29-2012, 08:47 AM
When in doubt, go shirtless and run through the stands. No one will notice.

http://talleywhackers.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/steeler_fan_proudly_waving_terrib_2.jpg

flippy
11-29-2012, 08:48 AM
Another option would be a bag on your head to support the saints and Steelers gear on your body.