11-27-2012, 01:19 PM
News and notes from the PC:

Injuries:

All these guys have a chance to play this weekend-

Troy
Ben
Brown
Maybe Colon
Byron was throwing too. He could be ready.

Out course, it will be decided later in the week if any can go.

Those that are out:

Woodley- Worllds will start

Adams- Beechum will start

DD will back up Foster at G

Batch will start at QB unless Ben can go....

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-27-2012, 01:22 PM
"Batch will start at QB unless Ben can go ...". OK, it's settled - HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!!!!

grotonsteel
11-27-2012, 01:35 PM
Beechum will start??? What....???

Good Luck to whoever is planning to play the QB position.

BigRob
11-27-2012, 01:35 PM

We are phuuuucked. Kruger is going to eat him alive all game long. How long will it be before DD is starting and Foster is the tackle?

Mister Pittsburgh
11-27-2012, 01:39 PM
We are phuuuucked. Kruger is going to eat him alive all game long. How long will it be before DD is starting and Foster is the tackle?

That just means Heath will go out for ZERO passes and be velcroed to Beachums side.

Djfan
11-27-2012, 01:39 PM
If Beachum starts, let's hope Lefty does too. Save Ben for the wildcard run.

grotonsteel
11-27-2012, 01:40 PM

Agreed.

Why not play DD at LG and move Willie Colon to RT or play DD at RG and move Ramon Foster to RT.

I would take my chances with a 1st Rd pick over a 6th Rd guy who sucked in pre-season.

grotonsteel
11-27-2012, 01:42 PM
If Beachum starts, let's hope Lefty does too. Save Ben for the wildcard run.

True.

Ben might want to give his shoulder a rest for one more week.

When is Adams expected to come back???

phillyesq
11-27-2012, 01:50 PM
Beachum should not be on the roster, let alone starting against the Ravens. He is barely practice squad material. I'd much rather see DD at RG and Foster at RT. Foster is not a great option at tackle, but he certainly is better than Beachum. I expect that Beachum in the lineup will force the Steelers to either use a lot of two TE sets or keep Miller/Johnson in to block.

pfelix73
11-27-2012, 02:00 PM
He mentioned in the presser that there is an option of moving Foster to RT and putting DD at RG. Sounds like DD might not quite be 100% though. He also stated It's looking good for Colon to play, but that will be determined later in the week.

Supposedly, Beechum did enough in the game to warrant the start.- He hinted at that. Personally, I would leave Ben out, even though he wants to play ASAP. That turf- I don't like, esp. in Balto.

hawaiiansteel
11-27-2012, 02:07 PM
When is Adams expected to come back???

Mike Adams of Steelers could miss 'significant' time

By Marc Sessler
Nov. 27, 2012

The bad news keeps coming for the battered offensive line of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

CBSSports.com's Jason La Canfora reported Tuesday that starting right tackle Mike Adams is expected to miss a significant amount of time after suffering a high ankle sprain in Sunday's loss to the Cleveland Browns. At his Tuesday morning news conference, coach Mike Tomlin listed Adams as out for Week 13's game against the Baltimore Ravens.

Pittsburgh has been forced all season to shift players around on the line. Rookie Kelvin Beachum stepped in for Adams on Sunday, who was already filling in for the injured Marcus Gilbert, who was placed on injured-reserve this week.

The Steelers do gain some flexibility after activating guard David DeCastro, their first-round pick who hasn't played yet due to a knee injury suffered in the preseason.

Another intriguing depth-chart move: Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported Tuesday that coach Mike Tomlin has listed Mike Wallace *or* Emmanuel Sanders across from Antonio Brown. That's a first for the Steelers, but Wallace struggled Sunday, pulling down just one catch against the Browns.

There's options at wideout, but the Steelers cannot afford another injury in the trenches.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000101684/article/mike-adams-of-steelers-could-miss-significant-time

Chadman
11-27-2012, 08:34 PM
And the musical chairs on the OL continues.

Maybe the Steelers will play no FB on passing downs & just use Pope or Johnson as Beachum's sidekick? At least that lets Heath break from the line..

eniparadoxgma
11-27-2012, 08:46 PM
And the musical chairs on the OL continues.

Maybe the Steelers will play no FB on passing downs & just use Pope or Johnson as Beachum's sidekick? At least that lets Heath break from the line..

I really doubt they'd use our number one touchdown maker Pope for mundane blocking duty.

Chadman
11-27-2012, 09:51 PM
I really doubt they'd use our number one touchdown maker Pope for mundane blocking duty.

True... could be a diversionary tactic.. you THINK Pope will be there to block, only to watch him streak like a gazelle 3 yards for the TD.. it'll happen, just watch.

flippy
11-28-2012, 08:21 AM
Wonder what Kemo's doing these days?

Chadman
11-28-2012, 08:49 AM
Wonder what Kemo's doing these days?

Probably getting flagged for a false start to the fridge, followed by a flag for unneccessary roughness to the BBQ chicken within said fridge, only to be ejected by his wife for constant fouling.

steelblood
11-28-2012, 08:58 AM

Injuries:

All these guys have a chance to play this weekend-

Troy
Ben
Brown
Maybe Colon
Byron was throwing too. He could be ready.

Out course, it will be decided later in the week if any can go.

Those that are out:

Woodley- Worllds will start

DD will back up Foster at G

Batch will start at QB unless Ben can go....

What about Cotchery?

pfelix73
11-28-2012, 01:04 PM
Oopp on Cotchery. I forgot him. I think he's listed as questionable, but may play. Anyone hear otherwise?

pfelix73
11-28-2012, 01:06 PM
Kemo has a wife???? Wonder which one rules that house... First image that came to me on this, was of that Tasmanian Devil in those Bugs Bunny cartoons. Tasmanian Devil and that She Devil.....lol