PDA

View Full Version : Finally national commentators noticing

lloydroid
11-26-2012, 04:53 PM
I am glad to see others finally noticing some of the BS coming out of Pgh. On First Take, they finally questioned how any calf injury lasts as long as Troy's and that there is a problem when you are seen more on commercials and the side lines than seen on the play field. I am so sick of seeing Troy in commercials and on the side lines. I wouldn't miss him in the least if they just cut him next year. No calf injury known to mankind last this long. His injury is to his Achilles not to his calf. Once again, the Steelers are being liars.

They also questioned why Batch is on an active roster at all, and at his age, let him be a coach if you want him around, but there is no reason to have a guy that age, with that weak of an arm, on your active roster. The Steelers are often loyal to a fault, and this is yet another case of that. Charlie is from Western PA, and the Rooneys always apply way too much weight to that. Who the F cares if a player is from PA? You allow your team to be inferior just to have more players from the region on the roster? That is moronic. Johnson should have been our 3rd-string QB. The front office/coaches have screwed the pooch at the fan's expense.

As I predicted, this team went from 6-3 to 6-6 leaving no room for error. They have pulled off things like that before (see 2005) but the odds are, they won't win out the last 4 games. They need a purge. There are malcontents on this team and that shows up in the chemistry and end product. I am perfectly happy for a down season or 2 to get this team solid again. Trying to win with a patched up, jerry rigged team is not the way; starting players on past performance instead of today's reality (Hampton instead of McClendon, etc.) is no way to run a team. Mendenhall has proved more than ever that he sucks. End the Troy all-commercials-no-play ways. I would cut Wallace TODAY - what would we lose without that jack ass? It's time for this team to face realities and end their idealistic ways. Grow up.

Sugar
11-26-2012, 04:56 PM
Wow, what national commentator said all that??

hawaiiansteel
11-26-2012, 05:08 PM

it's possible that lloyd may have embellished slightly...:razz:

lloydroid
11-26-2012, 05:48 PM
it's possible that lloyd may have embellished slightly...:razz:

They asserted the first two paragraphs, the third one was my personal rant.

Correction: the 2nd part of the 2nd paragraph was mine too. ;)

SidSmythe
11-26-2012, 05:53 PM
Was it the same national commentators who said Facebook's IPO would go to $100/share overnight??
National Commentator's are awesome!! Find me more, I wanna know who's gonna win the SuperBowl this year??

fezziwig
11-26-2012, 06:02 PM
I was all for MClendon starting over Hampton earlier this season and I don't know if the Steelers have now brain washed me but, Hamptons seems to be doing well still. I don't hate Wallace or anyone on the team as far as I know but, it wouldn't affect me if Troy and Casey were not invited back next season. I would like to see us keep Wallace only if we can get him at a fair price and we don't crush the teams future for signing other players that will be needed.
Mendenhall can take a hike for all I care. I thought he was going to turn out to be something special but with him and his injuries, his unwillingness to hit the hole when it comes down to it.. all I can say is ciao.
I'm one of the ones that wanted Batch to remain so I'm just as bad as the others. I never realized he has a cream puff of an arm. Charlie needs to be given his walking papers too. I never cared for Byron Leftwich, never. He's one of the worse qb's we have had on this team except for the one guy back in the Kordell days. I think it was Kent Grahm or something like that. Maybe Lefwich could show something if he wasn't always getting hurt.
If we can save some money, let go of Hampton too. I would rather see McClendon getting more time to play and learn with Hampton on the side lines talking experience to him. And if things get tough, then put Hampton in. Oh well, I guess that is what coaches are for.

Now the Steelers have done it again in my opinion with spending more money than they need to. They did it with Wallace and now it will be that way with Lewis also. I believe many of us knew two season ago Wallace was going to be a star. The Steelers allowed him to start and have a great season knowing, they would need to pay him the money. They should have signed Wallace two seasons ago.
Same goes for Lewis. As soon as they noticed he had promise they should have signed him. I don't want to rip the players off but, don't wait until these guys have everything in their favor either.
Obviously I know little to nothing about the business side of football and their contracts and I'm sure I can be corrected with my rant so, be gentle.

flippy
11-26-2012, 06:08 PM
We're 6-5. Don't give the Ravens next weeks' win so quickly.

We can probably get in the playoffs going 3-2 in our last 5 games as long as we beat the Bengals. Then again, they're the Bengals, so we may even need less.

winwithd
11-26-2012, 07:29 PM
We're 6-5. Don't give the Ravens next weeks' win so quickly.

We can probably get in the playoffs going 3-2 in our last 5 games as long as we beat the Bengals. Then again, they're the Bengals, so we may even need less.

I agree, 100%. Supposing Ben and AB are healthy starting the following week against SD, we are 3-1 maybe 4-0 from there, if the D keeps playing like this.

Steelhere10
11-26-2012, 08:16 PM
This is Hampton last year under contract, so a say he's a goner and as far as Troy it will not hurt my feelings neither because actually Allen is playing well.

BradshawsHairdresser
11-26-2012, 08:42 PM
Supposing Ben and AB are healthy starting the following week against SD, we are 3-1 maybe 4-0 from there, if the D keeps playing like this.Not if our backs keep putting the ball on the ground, and Wallace keeps playing like a pu$$...

Vindrow
11-26-2012, 10:11 PM

It was Skip Bayless on First Take.

DukieBoy
11-26-2012, 10:14 PM

Oh. Thanks Vindrow. It puts the comments into a certain perspective.

D Rock
11-26-2012, 10:21 PM
Any Steeler fan talking about not missing Troy Polamalu needs a reality check.

RuthlessBurgher
11-26-2012, 10:30 PM

Skip Bayless agrees with your viewpoint, and that is vindication in your mind? :p

If that doofus happened to agree with one of my opinions, that would probably cause me to start re-thinking my opinion.

Bayless is simply an airbag who spouts out contrarian ideas in order to get a rise out of people.

Talk to me when an knowledgable NFL mind (former player/coach/GM) agrees with you, not some newspaper blowhard.

papillon
11-26-2012, 10:32 PM
Any Steeler fan talking about not missing Troy Polamalu needs a reality check.

Ya think, I just ignore those posts and in particular I ignore Skip Useless

Pappy

Tomlinator
11-27-2012, 11:17 AM
Looking at some of the Polamalu comments makes me think some have come full circle on Troy and returned to Bustamalu.

If you have, I think you've lost your mind.

Were you also on board the "dump Woodson" bandwagon back in the day, due to his contract/injury? How'd that work out for us?

NW Steeler
11-27-2012, 12:46 PM
Skip Bayless is a blowhard and a tool bag.

flippy
11-27-2012, 12:56 PM
Skip Bayless is a blowhard and a tool bag.

He reminds me of most of us :)

I listen to ESPN radio and his show from time to time. And sometimes he has some interesting things to say. And some of the guests are good. But it does get annoying when they have to disagree and argue senseless positions. I guess that's just like all of us afterall. :)

feltdizz
11-27-2012, 01:43 PM

oh my... that's like using Sarah Palin or Snooki for vindication

Vindrow
11-27-2012, 02:34 PM
Skip Bayless agrees with your viewpoint, and that is vindication in your mind? :p

If that doofus happened to agree with one of my opinions, that would probably cause me to start re-thinking my opinion.

Bayless is simply an airbag who spouts out contrarian ideas in order to get a rise out of people.

Talk to me when an knowledgable NFL mind (former player/coach/GM) agrees with you, not some newspaper blowhard.

I guess in lloydroid's mind it is:D

There are 2 things you count on from Skippy:

1. Skippy blowing his load over Teblow

2. getting some good laughs from his viewpoints.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-27-2012, 02:44 PM
oh my... that's like using Sarah Palin or Snooki for vindication

Legal in 49 states, as long as it's consensual (not yet in Alaska, which is why she moved).

lloydroid
11-27-2012, 03:14 PM
I agree, 100%. Supposing Ben and AB are healthy starting the following week against SD, we are 3-1 maybe 4-0 from there, if the D keeps playing like this.

I'm not buying the Steelers lying game on Ben. They are trying their typical lying ways thinking they will make Balt. waste practice time on defending the PS with Ben in there. It's all BS, per usual. It's Tuesday; is he out there throwing the ball yet? No, I don't believe he is. Oh wait; he can hold his baby with his right arm so that means he can play NFL football. <ROLLING EYES>

lloydroid
11-27-2012, 03:15 PM
This is Hampton last year under contract, so a say he's a goner and as far as Troy it will not hurt my feelings neither because actually Allen is playing well.

Allen is playing OK, but TP is a former DMVP of the year. Not in the same ball park.

lloydroid
11-27-2012, 03:25 PM

AH, yes, falling for the "blah, blah, blah, whine, whine, whine" because Bayless ate your lunch routine. It's not who says what, it's what is true. So, let's put your jacked mindset and logic mode to a test. If Skip Bayless has an opinion it automatically makes the opinion wrong. Do you have any sense at how flawed your logic is? Do you have no desire to realize the truth in life, or does your jaded, defensive needs to serve your ego preempt simply seeking what is true? So, by the very definition of what you assert, if Skip holds an opinion, it automatically proves said opinion must be flawed. Hmmmm. That sounds like a super way to evaluate things. FACT is no calf injury lasts this long. It must be his Achilles. I have been saying it for months, and now Skip has also realized it. So, using your "logic" (using the word as lightly as possible here), Troy really just has a pulled calf muscle since Skip said it must be more than that? Have a nice life with using logic like that. Wow. Hey, I heard Skip say the world was round, so it must be flat. I am using your model of logic here.

And this just in: Terrell Suggs had an actual Achilles tear, and he is back playing football. But Troy just had a calf pull and he is missing the entire season. Isn't that special?

lloydroid
11-27-2012, 03:32 PM
He reminds me of most of us :)

I listen to ESPN radio and his show from time to time. And sometimes he has some interesting things to say. And some of the guests are good. But it does get annoying when they have to disagree and argue senseless positions. I guess that's just like all of us afterall. :)

His job is to entertain - and that requires passionate opinions in his case. I love how he fights for his points, and he is more often right than wrong. I love his Tebow takes and how he never ceases. It is amusing to me. For those who get angry over it, he is laughing at you all the way to the bank. He could care less. He realizes what he is doing. That is why you often see him laughing his @ss off. It cracks me up that so many get all p-ssy over him. You have been OWNED.

http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/picture/Voltage/owned_asian_baby.jpg

lloydroid
11-27-2012, 03:35 PM
I guess in lloydroid's mind it is:D

There are 2 things you count on from Skippy:

1. Skippy blowing his load over Teblow

2. getting some good laughs from his viewpoints.

I love how some of your hatred for Skip is so immense that you are forgetting what the point is, making yourselves look silly. So, is your position that Troy really just has a pulled calf muscle? Is that what you are claiming? Damn, you look goofy. Do you know anything at all about injuries? Do you really think a pulled calf keeps you out for an entire season? I don't want any of whatever you are smoking; it must cause too severe of hallucinations.

Slapstick
11-27-2012, 03:41 PM
I love how some of your hatred for Skip is so immense that you are forgetting what the point is, making yourselves look silly. So, is your position that Troy really just has a pulled calf muscle? Is that what you are claiming? Damn, you look goofy. Do you know anything at all about injuries? Do you really think a pulled calf keeps you out for an entire season? I don't want any of whatever you are smoking; it must cause too severe of hallucinations.

Umm...I'm not Shawn or anything, but I do know that a severe muscle strain can take up to 10 weeks to heal properly...probably longer if the person who suffered the severe strain tried too aggressively to do something strenuous (like play professional football) too soon into the recovery period...

papillon
11-27-2012, 03:47 PM
Skip Bayless is a nationally syndicated writer/reporter/commentator which by default means that he really has no idea about each individual team and the situations inside the teams injury reports. Making statements about Polamlau, a subject I'm sure he knows very little about, is done simply to irritate, stir up, and in general get a fan base worked up to see if he can generate clicks or viewers for his company's TV/radio or internet markets.

It's not that he doesn't know anything, it's that he simply doesn't know the facts (and nether do we by the way and we're avid fans) and he's throwing something out there without an investigative report to substantiate any of it. So, yes, as far as I'm concerned he's Skip Useless.

Fine, so it's an opinion and he's paid for opinions, but something like that should have some amount credibility shouldn't it? I mean questioning a future HOFer about his calf injury, really?

Pappy

lloydroid
11-27-2012, 03:54 PM
Umm...I'm not Shawn or anything, but I do know that a severe muscle strain can take up to 10 weeks to heal properly...probably longer if the person who suffered the severe strain tried too aggressively to do something strenuous (like play professional football) too soon into the recovery period...

This was the same "injury" that had him hobbled the last two years, including in the Super Bowl vs. Green Bay. That was 2010. This is 2012. Same leg, same limp. This is something more than a pulled calf muscle. They constantly lie about injuries. They are chronic liars.

flippy
11-27-2012, 03:55 PM
His job is to entertain - and that requires passionate opinions in his case. I love how he fights for his points, and he is more often right than wrong. I love his Tebow takes and how he never ceases. It is amusing to me. For those who get angry over it, he is laughing at you all the way to the bank. He could care less. He realizes what he is doing. That is why you often see him laughing his @ss off. It cracks me up that so many get all p-ssy over him. You have been OWNED.

http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/picture/Voltage/owned_asian_baby.jpg

I dont think anyone gets angry at him. I think it's a conspiracy theorist type of enjoyment. People watch and imagine there's people out there he's driving nuts and they have a good laugh at those people. But those people are just imaginary. Anyone that he irritates would just turn the channel and watch the NFL network, CNN, Fox News, etc.

I feel bad for the guy personally. Sure, he makes $500k/yr. But he's got listen to Stephen A Smith. That doesn't seem like a fair tradeoff to me.

lloydroid
11-27-2012, 04:08 PM
Skip Bayless is a nationally syndicated writer/reporter/commentator which by default means that he really has no idea about each individual team and the situations inside the teams injury reports.

Explain this logic. How is this so? How does this make sense? He uses his eyes and ears, seeing TP is still not playing, hears and reads that the team claims it is a calf strain, then uses his brain and history which tells him that that assertion simply does not make sense. How is being a nationally syndicated commentator prevent him from not seeing through this claim as not true? So, if you are a nationally syndicated commentator or writer, it prevents you to use your brain to make conclusions? Just as Skip, in my entire life I have never seen a calf "strain" last this long, ever. So, that makes it likely that his injury is something more significant than that. Just plain old common sense tells you that.

Making statements about Polamlau, a subject I'm sure he knows very little about, is done simply to irritate, stir up, and in general get a fan base worked up to see if he can generate clicks or viewers for his company's TV/radio or internet markets.

And, you know this as fact? You don't think he really believes in his assertions? It is the exact opposite. He passionately believes in what he is saying is true and defends it all the time. He is VERY driven to make claims that are true. He lives for being proved right. There is no way he would make this claim not believing it. His career is partially riding on providing assertions that end up being proven correct. If you don't realize this, you haven't listened/watch much of him.

It's not that he doesn't know anything, it's that he simply doesn't know the facts (and nether do we by the way and we're avid fans) and he's throwing something out there without an investigative report to substantiate any of it. So, yes, as far as I'm concerned he's Skip Useless.

The above is pure opinion not based on fact. You seem to be what you claim Skip is.

Fine, so it's an opinion and he's paid for opinions, but something like that should have some amount credibility shouldn't it? I mean questioning a future HOFer about his calf injury, really?

Yes, really. Common sense would lead you to the same conclusion: his injury is not merely a pulled calf muscle. The Steelers constantly lie about injuries and they have done so with TP's leg in this case. Common sense is all you need in order to clearly see this is the case. He has been struggling with the same leg since 2010. Does that sound like a pulled calf muscle to you? Freaking Terrell Suggs DID tear his Achilles and he has made it back in the same year.

lloydroid
11-27-2012, 04:20 PM
I dont think anyone gets angry at him. I think it's a conspiracy theorist type of enjoyment. People watch and imagine there's people out there he's driving nuts and they have a good laugh at those people. But those people are just imaginary. Anyone that he irritates would just turn the channel and watch the NFL network, CNN, Fox News, etc.

I feel bad for the guy personally. Sure, he makes $500k/yr. But he's got listen to Stephen A Smith. That doesn't seem like a fair tradeoff to me.

Really? Just in this thread there is evidence that people get mad at him. Have you not read the posts in this thread?

feltdizz
11-27-2012, 05:30 PM
Really? Just in this thread there is evidence that people get mad at him. Have you not read the posts in this thread?

I have... and all of them made light of Skip Bayless' opinion. His name is Skip... why would anyone get mad at what he says?

The only one who sounds mad....

is you.

lloydroid
11-27-2012, 05:34 PM
I have... and all of them made light of Skip Bayless' opinion. His name is Skip... why would anyone get mad at what he says?

The only one who sounds mad....

is you.

Yea, that's it. Nice transference. Nothing like a cup of transference to pick up the day. Why would I be mad? Because another assertion I made is apparently true? That makes me happy. Or do you really think Troy has been out all this time from a "calf strain?" ROTMFFLMMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flippy
11-27-2012, 06:27 PM

Which people? RB, Pappy, Hawaiian? I bet you could punch those guys in the face and they'd still be happy.

Sid? It's just his shrunken head avatar that makes him look angry. That's not him.

Fezzy? He's got too many toys to ever be angry?

Is it possible you're practicing your Skip Bayless shtick? Well, we're not mad at you :)

Slapstick
11-27-2012, 08:12 PM
This was the same "injury" that had him hobbled the last two years, including in the Super Bowl vs. Green Bay. That was 2010. This is 2012. Same leg, same limp. This is something more than a pulled calf muscle. They constantly lie about injuries. They are chronic liars.

This is also an unsubstantiated opinion...

Skip, is that you?

eniparadoxgma
11-27-2012, 08:45 PM
Which people? RB, Pappy, Hawaiian? I bet you could punch those guys in the face and they'd still be happy.

Sid? It's just his shrunken head avatar that makes him look angry. That's not him.

Fezzy? He's got too many toys to ever be angry?

Is it possible you're practicing your Skip Bayless shtick? Well, we're not mad at you :)

:lol::lol::lol::tt2:tt2

About Troy's injury, I have no opinion. I do know that he's one of the best football players I've ever seen, and I hope he comes back sooner rather than later.