PDA

View Full Version : Go San Diego

flippy
11-25-2012, 06:41 PM
Beat up the Ravens and set em up for a beat down next week.

Jigawatts
11-25-2012, 06:50 PM
The division is Baltimore's. I think we actually want them to win and help keep San Diego out of the wild card picture.

But you're right, beat them up please.:twisted:

flippy
11-25-2012, 06:57 PM
The division is Baltimore's. I think we actually want them to win and help keep San Diego out of the wild card picture.

But you're right, beat them up please.:twisted:

You might be right. Plus we don't want San Diego coming to town with something to play for.

But if Baltimore loses this week and next, we'll be 1 game back. And Baltimore might start thinking they aren't that good knowing they should have lost 3 in a row and somehow we can snake the AFC North.

winwithd
11-25-2012, 07:01 PM
I'm not ready to concede the division either.

winwithd
11-25-2012, 07:03 PM
Plus, I dont think there would EVER be situation where I could root for the Ratturds. Only if it would eliminate another team from the playoffs so we could get in. And even then it would be hard to do.

Steel Life
11-25-2012, 08:14 PM
SD just imploded on 4th down to give the Ratbirds life...plus the Refs missed Boldin with an illegal block & gave a generous spot to get the crucial first down - the "real" Refs let us down again.

Eddie Spaghetti
11-25-2012, 08:17 PM
they converted a 4th and 29.

unreal

Steelhere10
11-25-2012, 08:24 PM
they converted a 4th and 29.

unrealOn a short dump off. SD deserves to lose.

BradshawsHairdresser
11-25-2012, 08:56 PM
I'm not ready to concede the division either.
After beating the Chargers in OT, the Rats now have a three-game lead on us...with 5 games left, I think they pretty much have the division in the bag...sorry to say it...

Eich
11-25-2012, 09:02 PM
After beating the Chargers in OT, the Rats now have a three-game lead on us...with 5 games left, I think they pretty much have the division in the bag...sorry to say it...

IF Ben doesn't come back strong and the offense doesn't stop playing sloppy ball, we will be lucky to win another game this year. We could very easily end up third in the division the way we're playing right now.

Screw the chargers for throwing that game away. Pathetic.

What a horrible weekend in football.

winwithd
11-25-2012, 09:03 PM
They got a generous spot to say the least. And even with a review to correct it they gave him a half yard past the 34 yd line when it sure looked to me like he was a half yard short. To make it worse the officials moved the chains as if it were a first down before the review happened so as to further make it questionable.

That should have been a turnover on downs.

SteelBucks
11-25-2012, 09:09 PM
On a short dump off. SD deserves to lose.

Or Baltimore deserved to win.

Losses to Oakland, Tennessee and Cleveland sealed the Steelers fate in terms of the division. Now it's time to fight for a Wild Card.

DukieBoy
11-25-2012, 09:13 PM
They got a generous spot to say the least. And even with a review to correct it they gave him a half yard past the 34 yd line when it sure looked to me like he was a half yard short. To make it worse the officials moved the chains as if it were a first down before the review happened so as to further make it questionable.

That should have been a turnover on downs.

Clear to me that they got a generous spot of at least one full yard on the Rice catch and run. That said, Ray Rice willed that play into a first down. Rice has incredible determination. We missed out in that draft.

winwithd
11-25-2012, 09:25 PM
I just rewatched the play on NFL.com and where I was able to pause it. Rice's knee hits the ground about 6 inches short of the 35. He is leaning forward but relatively vertical. There is no way the ball in his hand is at the 33 1/2 at that moment. They spotted the ball where he stretched out and then bounced to. No way on the replay you can even give him the 34 which is where the first down markers were before they were moved. Rats get an early Christmas gift from the league.

Steel Life
11-25-2012, 09:29 PM
I just rewatched the play on NFL.com and where I was able to pause it. Rice's knee hits the ground about 6 inches short of the 35. He is leaning forward but relatively vertical. There is no way the ball in his hand is at the 33 1/2 at that moment. They spotted the ball where he stretched out and then bounced to. No way on the replay you can even give him the 34 which is where the first down markers were before they were moved. Rats get an early Christmas gift from the league.
You forget that Rice is almost 7 ft. tall... ;)