PDA

View Full Version : Foote is horrible!

Steelhere10
11-25-2012, 04:09 PM
Taking about a misleading stat. He has to be the worst I'll in the league.

Slapstick
11-25-2012, 05:32 PM

He's especially bad when getting robbed of a forced fumble...:rolleyes:

RuthlessBurgher
11-25-2012, 05:48 PM
Any complaints about the defense on a day when the offense turns the ball over 8 times and has a single 3rd down conversion all game should be completely ignored.

It's amazing how some were crucifying LeBeau because his scheme was so focused around one guy (Polamalu), that whenever Troy was out, the defense simply crumbled. Well, now we have been without Polamalu for essentially all of this season (other than a couple of brief cameo appearances), and our defense is still leading the league in multiple categories. Meanwhile, the offense loses one guy (Roethlisberger) and the offense looks like an inept Pop Warner squad (well, except for the guy who blames all of our offensive woes on being without Antonio Brown instead).

Eddie Spaghetti
11-25-2012, 05:49 PM
it really is amazing ruthless.

Steelhere10
11-25-2012, 05:50 PM
I didn't say the defense . Matter of fact as a whole the defense gets the game ball but Foote is the worst of the bunch and got cleaned up on several runs by Trent even the wining td.

Eddie Spaghetti
11-25-2012, 05:53 PM
timmons didn't hold his gap on the richardson TD.

got pushed to the outside.

not sure how that's on foote.

Steelhere10
11-25-2012, 05:55 PM
Go back and watch Foote on the play , he got cleanup as well.

Steelhere10
11-25-2012, 05:55 PM
And he allowed the pass to the TE for the touch.

Eddie Spaghetti
11-25-2012, 05:58 PM
that was a great route and throw on the TD. Foote had help out there too from allen, I think.

you don't like foote, I get it.

SidSmythe
11-25-2012, 06:01 PM
Actually I went back during the commerical and Foote got sealed off by an O-Lineman but he held his gap responsibilities and Clark over pursued the play. Timmons got washed out of his gap...hardly can pin this one on FOOTE (if you have a clue about football that is)

SidSmythe
11-25-2012, 06:03 PM
As for the TD pass...ALLEN lost the battle off the line and was suppose to feed the TE to the Inside. Foote was playing zone over the top.
That play falls mostly on ALLEN.

flippy
11-25-2012, 06:04 PM
At least he doesn't fumble. Plus he took one away near the end of the game.

Foote's fine. The D is fine. Worlids is a stud subbing for Woodley. Can Woodley switch sides when Harrison is done?

SidSmythe
11-25-2012, 06:06 PM
At least he doesn't fumble. Plus he took one away near the end of the game.

Foote's fine. The D is fine. Worlids is a stud subbing for Woodley. Can Woodley switch sides when Harrison is done?

How anyone can pin this game on any DEFENSIVE player is absurd.

Worilds has come along but WOODLEY is built to play over the TE (strong side).

flippy
11-25-2012, 06:08 PM
SS nailed both plays as I saw them. They were on Allen and Timmy respectively.

And I agree with RB. I have no idea how we're getting by on D but somehow we are. We essentially can't pressure the QB or get a turnover to save our lives, but we're dominating on D. Just embrace it. This might be one of the most impressive D coaching jobs ever given the key injuries and the things we can't do. DL is at his best ever and Foote is a key cog in making this D go.

Mister Pittsburgh
11-25-2012, 06:09 PM
Some people don't know what they are talking about...

flippy
11-25-2012, 06:09 PM
How anyone can pin this game on any DEFENSIVE player is absurd.

Worilds has come along but WOODLEY is built to play over the TE (strong side).

I think they both are.

Jigawatts
11-25-2012, 06:11 PM
As bad as the Steelers offense played today the Browns were actually held to less yards than the Steelers.

The only problem with our defense today was that we didn't get 8 turnovers.

flippy
11-25-2012, 06:24 PM

There it is.

Mister Pittsburgh
11-25-2012, 06:34 PM
There it is.
Really tired of the idiotic mentality some Steeler fans have where the defense is the issue no matter what. When can the offense be the side of the ball to carry us, ever?

BradshawsHairdresser
11-25-2012, 06:39 PM
Like I said a couple weeks ago, Foote is no all-pro, but he's far from the biggest problem with this team.

NJ-STEELER
11-25-2012, 06:40 PM
foote also would have had the late strip fumble of richardson if the official had a clue

NJ-STEELER
11-25-2012, 06:42 PM

the only problem with the defense today was the offense turning the ball over 7 times (last one was meaningless)

flippy
11-25-2012, 06:44 PM
foote also would have had the late strip fumble of richardson if the official had a clue

I dont know how they didnt see it. When they called Richardson down, Foote already had the ball. I'm not even sure Richardson knew he didn't have the ball. It was a sneaky take away. I haven't gone back to watch it yet, but it kinda looked like a magic trick watching it live.

DukieBoy
11-25-2012, 06:46 PM
As for the TD pass...ALLEN lost the battle off the line and was suppose to feed the TE to the Inside. Foote was playing zone over the top.
That play falls mostly on ALLEN.

Post-game radio with Tom Bradley saying the play was on Allen, not Foote, supporting what you said.

flippy
11-25-2012, 06:48 PM
Post-game radio with Tom Bradley saying the play was on Allen, not Foote, supporting what you said.

Allen missed touching the TE at the LOS and kinda tripped over his own feet from what I remember (or at least got off balance).

SteelCrazy
11-25-2012, 06:51 PM
Allen tried to jam the te and missed allowing the te a free release to the flat...

Dee Dub
11-25-2012, 07:13 PM

You wont get any arguments from me. I have been saying this since last year. He is a major liability versus the run. Oh and also in pass coverage. He gets tackles and everyone thinks he is doing well but most of those tackles are 7-8 yards down the field.

phillyesq
11-25-2012, 07:45 PM
Foote is no all pro, but players more culpable in the loss include:
- The running backs
- Charlie Batch
- Legursky and the entire offensive line

Somewhere well below this is Larry Foote.

papillon
11-25-2012, 07:49 PM
Foote is no all pro, but players more culpable in the loss include:
- The running backs
- Charlie Batch
- Legursky and the entire offensive line

Somewhere well below this is Larry Foote.

Anything to do with the defense today is far down the culpability list that it doesn't even register, regardless if you think Foote is a HOFer or just another hack LBer. Seven turnovers of consequence, really, and fans want to tell me how bad Larry Foote played, okay, that gets a whatever...

Pappy

hawaiiansteel
11-25-2012, 08:05 PM

nah, let's just go ahead and blame Larry Foote anyway...:roll:

SidSmythe
11-25-2012, 09:48 PM
nah, let's just go ahead and blame Larry Foote anyway...:roll:

I think the only people down on FOOTE are the ones who had their minds made up before the season started that he would suck. Nevermind watching the games and making decisions. He's the fall guy I suppose.

Dee Dub
11-25-2012, 09:58 PM
I think the only people down on FOOTE are the ones who had their minds made up before the season started that he would suck. Nevermind watching the games and making decisions. He's the fall guy I suppose.

Well that makes no sense in regards to me because I have been on this forum for years saying Foote is a liability versus the run and in pass coverage. I watch him with regularity and see him often being pushed back, out of position, over pursuing and giving up his responsibility. But he does make a lot of tackles. Usually 7-9 yards past the line of scrimmage.

Me personally I want a play maker who can play down hill and stop the run closer to the line of scrimmage or maybe even behind it. But that's just me.

Dee Dub
11-25-2012, 10:00 PM

..but it's ok. Two more losses and we are in the Manti T'eo hunt. :)

Steelhere10
11-25-2012, 10:05 PM
I think the only people down on FOOTE are the ones who had their minds made up before the season started that he would suck. Nevermind watching the games and making decisions. He's the fall guy I suppose.Just do something for me, the next game keep a eye on Foote and Hampton and tell me do they deserve to be starters. I mean he couldn't even contribute on a terrible Lions team.

feltdizz
11-25-2012, 10:08 PM
7 TO's on O and Foote is the problem? LOL...

NorthCoast
11-25-2012, 10:11 PM
Actually I went back during the commerical and Foote got sealed off by an O-Lineman but he held his gap responsibilities and Clark over pursued the play. Timmons got washed out of his gap...hardly can pin this one on FOOTE (if you have a clue about football that is)

exactly what i saw as well. OK, Foote isn't the greatest ILB in the game, but he plays pretty sound football. No way the loss gets pinned on the defense or Foote.

SidSmythe
11-25-2012, 10:12 PM
7 TO's on O and Foote is the problem? LOL...

Especially when both TD's came off a 10 yard drive and a 31 yard drive after the OFFENSE fumbled in our own territory.
Lets blame the DEFENSE!! Brilliant.

feltdizz
11-25-2012, 10:17 PM
Just do something for me, the next game keep a eye on Foote and Hampton and tell me do they deserve to be starters. I mean he couldn't even contribute on a terrible Lions team.

Foote was the leading tackler for the Lions in 2009. You may want to stop posting about Foote for a while.

SidSmythe
11-25-2012, 10:17 PM
exactly what i saw as well. OK, Foote isn't the greatest ILB in the game, but he plays pretty sound football. No way the loss gets pinned on the defense or Foote.

Lets remember the thread title is called "Foote is HORRIBLE" ... Yes HORRIBLE!!

NJ-STEELER
11-25-2012, 10:19 PM

why?

so he can sit on the bench for 2 years to learn the 'system'

Eddie Spaghetti
11-25-2012, 10:21 PM
Foote was the leading tackler for the Lions in 2009. You may want to stop posting about Foote for a while.

thats pretty funny.

Steelhere10
11-25-2012, 10:22 PM
If you look at when I posted, it was well before halftime and I watched Foote missing tackles and getting blocked out of the play regularly. Not once did I blame the defense. So please don't put words in my mouth. I also posted about the offense playing terrible. But I get it , you have something opposite of anything I post anyways but who cares.

SidSmythe
11-25-2012, 10:32 PM
If you look at when I posted, it was well before halftime and I watched Foote missing tackles and getting blocked out of the play regularly. Not once did I blame the defense. So please don't put words in my mouth. I also posted about the offense playing terrible. But I get it , you have something opposite of anything I post anyways but who cares.

You're the one who said "HORRIBLE"
Your posts are HORRIBLE!! How's that!?!?! :D

Steelhere10
11-25-2012, 10:33 PM
Foote was the leading tackler for the Lions in 2009. You may want to stop posting about Foote for a while.Woo hoo , a mlb in A 4-3 defense with 99 tackles oh that's impressive.

Steelhere10
11-25-2012, 10:35 PM
You're the one who said "HORRIBLE"
Your posts are HORRIBLE!! How's that!?!?! :DThey might be, but you find your way too them often.

SidSmythe
11-25-2012, 10:37 PM
They might be, but you find your way too them often.

I'm a bully, what can i say ?? ;)

Eddie Spaghetti
11-25-2012, 10:46 PM
Woo hoo , a mlb in A 4-3 defense with 99 tackles oh that's impressive.

but thats not what you said.

you said he didnt even contribute.

Steelhere10
11-25-2012, 10:54 PM
but thats not what you said.

you said he didnt even contribute.You are correct , I should have said barely. I'm to lazy too look it up but I'm willing to bet that is bottom 5 of all the teams that run a 4-3 that played 14 games and if I'm wrong , there will be nothing else said from me about him. Scouts honor lol

hawaiiansteel
11-25-2012, 11:00 PM
You are correct , I should have said barely.

you think averaging over 7 tackles a game is "barely contributing"?

I would say Larry Foote contributed "quite a bit" when he played for the Lions in 2009.

NorthCoast
11-25-2012, 11:36 PM
Foote currently ranks 31st among all LBs for total tackles and 28th for solo tackles.

hawaiiansteel
11-25-2012, 11:38 PM
Foote currently ranks 31st among all LBs for total tackles and 28th for solo tackles.

sounds about right as Foote is an average LB, not great and certainly not horrible.

Steelhere10
11-25-2012, 11:51 PM
Foote currently ranks 31st among all LBs for total tackles and 28th for solo tackles.Thanks NC.

hawaiiansteel
11-25-2012, 11:59 PM
Thanks NC.

there are about 100 starting LBers in the NFL, Larry Foote ranking in the top third in tackles doesn't help your argument that Foote is horrible.

Slapstick
11-26-2012, 07:16 AM

I am as impressed by Te'o as anyone, but he should not even be a blip on our radar screen at this point...

We may want to consider:

1) A RB who will actually hold onto the ball...

2) A deep threat WR who actually wants to catch the ball...

3) A backup QB who can actually throw the ball...

...before we consider Manti Te'o...

Steelhere10
11-26-2012, 07:29 AM
there are about 100 starting LBers in the NFL, Larry Foote ranking in the top third in tackles doesn't help your argument that Foote is horrible.Dude i hope you're not even counting Olb especially in a 3-4 defense their not even designed to make tackles. You will never / rarely see Harrison or Woodley leading the team in tackles If you are , there's no need to debate with you stick to copy and pasting articles!

Steelhere10
11-26-2012, 10:17 AM
It's also funny on a website that I respect a great amount that watches countless hours of game footage mentioned three linebackers as his winners and none of their name was Foote.

anger 82&95
11-26-2012, 10:38 AM
Focusing on Foote’s play yesterday is akin to worrying about a pimple when you’ve just been bitten by a Black Mamba. He may be an average linebacker, but it was the offense that was utterly and entirely useless yesterday. In reality, Batch, i.e., Methuselah, looked like he was throwing wiffle balls in a wind tunnel.

feltdizz
11-26-2012, 10:40 AM
It's also funny on a website that I respect a great amount that watches countless hours of game footage mentioned three linebackers as his winners and none of their name was Foote.

I laugh out loud at this

Sugar
11-26-2012, 11:31 AM
Focusing on Foote’s play yesterday is akin to worrying about a pimple when you’ve just been bitten by a Black Mamba. He may be an average linebacker, but it was the offense that was utterly and entirely useless yesterday. In reality, Batch, i.e., Methuselah, looked like he was throwing wiffle balls in a wind tunnel.

This is spot on. The Offense was the problem yesterday. The Defense did it's job and did it well. The fact that they held as well as they did was admirable.

RuthlessBurgher
11-26-2012, 11:33 AM
Especially when both TD's came off a 10 yard drive and a 31 yard drive after the OFFENSE fumbled in our own territory.
Lets blame the DEFENSE!! Brilliant.

Yup...when your team is MINUS SEVEN in turnover differential, that typically means that you lose something like 45-10.

The fact that we were within 6 points at the end, in spite of our offense handing the opposition tremendous field position again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again, meant that our defensive effort yesterday was absolutely HUGE. We had ABSOLUTELY NO BUSINESS being in that game at all based on how pitiful our offense was, but our defense still somehow kept us in the game until the very end. Props to everyone on our defense (including Larry Foote, who had a tremendous strip of the ball from Richardson late in the game that everyone agrees should have been rule a fumble at a crucial stage of the game).

steelblood
11-26-2012, 12:04 PM
Foote is not a great player. But, he played pretty well yesterday. Our offense played perhaps the worst game I've ever seen (and I have seen every Steeler game for 34 years).

fezziwig
11-26-2012, 02:43 PM
If this sounds like a shot on the defense it isn't meant to be. Everyone knows or should know by now that our secondary doesn't come up with the interceptions as they should. I've seen many passes go thru the hands of our corners, corners just muffing interceptions or imagine it how you like. I've also heard if these guys could catch they would be receivers. Having said all that, why can't these guys catch a ball that hits them in the hands ?
They have running backs that fumble the ball get punished by holding the ball all week after a bad game, does that really help them and if so, why not have the corners do the same ?

fezziwig
11-26-2012, 02:46 PM
Foote is not a great player. But, he played pretty well yesterday. Our offense played perhaps the worst game I've ever seen (and I have seen every Steeler game for 34 years).

Cooky on the radio pretty much said the same thing. This is the worse or second worse Steeler offense production or lack of production that he has ever seen. Him and Vinny couldn't describe it and this coming from two guys paid to do well with the english language.

NJ-STEELER
12-02-2012, 08:42 PM
bump

monster game for larry

Eddie Spaghetti
12-02-2012, 09:00 PM
this thread is even funnier this week!!!

Dee Dub
12-02-2012, 09:17 PM
bump

monster game for larry

Your comment shows the disconnect of Steelers fans on this topic. You see this as a monster game (6 tackles and 1 sack), and some like myself see it as a descent game. Hardly a monster game.

SidSmythe
12-02-2012, 09:21 PM
Your comment shows the disconnect of Steelers fans on this topic. You see this as a monster game (6 tackles and 1 sack), and some like myself see it as a descent game. Hardly a monster game.

I wouldn't call it a Monster Game but "decent" leaves a lot to be desired. If you were set up on a blind date and you asked how she looked and ur buddy says "she's decent" ...i wouldn't go on that date. Larry Foote had a GOOD, if not GREAT game.

...and as for the original poster. ur post sucks this week just like it did last week :)

Dee Dub
12-02-2012, 09:29 PM
I wouldn't call it a Monster Game but "decent" leaves a lot to be desired. If you were set up on a blind date and you asked how she looked and ur buddy says "she's decent" ...i wouldn't go on that date. Larry Foote had a GOOD, if not GREAT game.

...and as for the original poster. ur post sucks this week just like it did last week :)

Well let's think about this. Foote came untouched on his sacks. This was a missed block. If someone had done his job that would mean Foote would have had 5 tackles and nothing else. Again...to me..that's descent. Hardly a monster game. But after a win (just like after a loss), fans tend to see things a little skewed. Heck there are people today praising Charlie Batch and totally ignoring the fact that he really is a poor QB.

BradshawsHairdresser
12-02-2012, 09:39 PM
Well let's think about this. Foote came untouched on his sacks. This was a missed block. If someone had done his job that would mean Foote would have had 5 tackles and nothing else. Again...to me..that's descent. Hardly a monster game. But after a win (just like after a loss), fans tend to see things a little skewed. Heck there are people today praising Charlie Batch and totally ignoring the fact that he really is a poor QB.

So Foote came untouched on his sack...at least he made the play. Many on this board champion LaMarr Woodley, but it's the same with him--most of the times he gets a sack, he's not blocked. Again, Foote is not a great player...I'd love to get an "upgrade" in the draft...but Foote is far from our greatest liability. I wouldn't say he had a "monster game," but he was good enough to help us win today.

Likewise, we should seek to replace Batch if we can...but give him some props for today's performance. It's far from easy to go into Baltimore and engineer a win. Poor QB? Not today.

BradshawsHairdresser
12-02-2012, 09:42 PM
BTW, if you want to pick on a defensive player to complain about, how about Fat Hampton? If Tomlin had the same kind of performance "standard" for his defensive players as he does for his offensive guys, Casey would be on the bench. I think quite a few 60-year olds can move faster than he can.

skyhawk
12-02-2012, 10:16 PM
Hampton was flat out dominated in the first half. Wow. This is his last season.

NJ-STEELER
12-02-2012, 10:17 PM

lining up as an OLB and getting a sack isnt consdiered a good play when he plays ILB??

certainly outshined the highest drafted defnsive player we have , right next to him.

timmions looks afraid to go full speed when he's rushing the Qb...afraid he's gonna get hit or something

ROLROC
12-02-2012, 10:29 PM
lining up as an OLB and getting a sack isnt consdiered a good play when he plays ILB??

certainly outshined the highest drafted defnsive player we have , right next to him.

timmions looks afraid to go full speed when he's rushing the Qb...afraid he's gonna get hit or something

Foote played a good game. However, he cannot hold 94's jockstrap. Timmons has absolutely been a beast- MVP of our D this season. Honorable mentions to Clark and Will Allen.

NJ-STEELER
12-02-2012, 10:30 PM
do you realize he had the pressure on flacco (again lining up outside) on baltimore's last possession that caused them to get off the field (which they wouldnt see again).

and yes, he beat ray rice's blitz pick up and hit flacco's arm that caused the ball to come out bad.

Umm, i'm no larry foote fan per se. but to think we need to spend another 1st rounder on a unit that can only give a 2nd rd pick a few years ago time on the field when someone gets hurt is assinine. the unit is very good and deep enough.
and if timmons ever lives up to the predictions most on here and the coaches have for him... it should be for the near future as well

Mister Pittsburgh
12-02-2012, 11:12 PM
Foote is solid and sometimes shines. Definitely not the weakest link.

hawaiiansteel
12-03-2012, 01:24 AM

completely agree...

Steelhere10
12-03-2012, 07:59 AM
Cortez Allen had 5 tackles and 3 pass defense , I guess he had a monster game. Like I said misleading stats.

SidSmythe
12-03-2012, 09:14 AM
Cortez Allen had 5 tackles and 3 pass defense , I guess he had a monster game. Like I said misleading stats.

Dude, quit defending ur idiotic post!! Go away!! why are you even SteelHere??
Just jokin'!! i just wanted to say SteelHere. :D

eniparadoxgma
12-04-2012, 05:51 PM

completely agree...

x3. Pointless topic.

BigRob
12-04-2012, 07:50 PM

Pro football focus agrees that Timmons had a bad game:

The Steelers’ defense deserves a lot of credit for this much-needed win, but Lawrence Timmons was the weakest link on this day. Aside from a penalty-free day, the LB graded negatively in all categories, especially run defense (-3.1). Though he had two stops, he had trouble getting off linemen’s blocks at the second level and was absolutely dominated on a 10-yard run by Vonta Leach (12:03, 2nd quarter). Add in a missed tackle on Pierce, no pressure on six blitzes, and allowing all three passes into his coverage to be completed (two of which led to first-down conversions) and this is by far the worst we’ve seen Timmons play all year.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/12/04/refo-steelers-ravens-week13/

Bad game for a guy that is having a good year.

pittpete
12-04-2012, 07:57 PM
MVP of our D this season. Honorable mentions to Clark and Will Allen.

You forgot someone

hawaiiansteel
12-04-2012, 09:39 PM
You forgot someone

Ziggy Hood? :razz:

fezziwig
12-04-2012, 09:58 PM
Hood actually made a sack or was it a tackle and didn't act like he was Mark Gastineau.

fezziwig
12-04-2012, 10:20 PM
Sorry I got off track with the original story line of this thread but, I never did have a Foote fetage.

hawaiiansteel
12-04-2012, 10:28 PM
Sorry I got off track with the original story line of this thread but, I never did have a Foote fetage.

I'll bet Rex Ryan would love to have Foote playing on his team...

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/MXxTUAblaMU/0.jpg

Slapstick
12-04-2012, 10:32 PM
Hood actually made a sack or was it a tackle and didn't act like he was Mark Gastineau.

I think Hood had a sack, two tackles for loss and the fumble recovery...

If he wanted to act like Mark Gastineau that particular game, he was entitled...

fezziwig
12-05-2012, 09:57 AM
I'll bet Rex Ryan would love to have Foote playing on his team...

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/MXxTUAblaMU/0.jpg

Ha ! I Forgot about the feet loving Jets coach. What a circus act that coach and team have been since he had taken over. I'm so glad we're lucky enough to have the Rooneys as the Steeler owners. Once Art II retires, are there any up an coming Rooneys to step in as the figure head and voice of reason for the team/corporation ?

SidSmythe
12-05-2012, 10:37 AM
I think Hood had a sack, two tackles for loss and the fumble recovery...

If he wanted to act like Mark Gastineau that particular game, he was entitled...

That was a coverage sack....after HOOD finally ran a marathon around the RT he caught Flacco b4 he made it back to the LOS.
I'd give 1/4 to Allen, 1/4 to Troy, 1/4 Clark & 1/4 to Lewis on that one.

Slapstick
12-05-2012, 11:37 AM
That was a coverage sack....after HOOD finally ran a marathon around the RT he caught Flacco b4 he made it back to the LOS.
I'd give 1/4 to Allen, 1/4 to Troy, 1/4 Clark & 1/4 to Lewis on that one.

Coverage sack or no, Hood is the guy who made it...

The commentators slobbered all over Paul Krueger for a similar play earlier in the game...

phillyesq
12-05-2012, 02:21 PM
Pro football focus agrees that Timmons had a bad game:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/12/04/refo-steelers-ravens-week13/

Bad game for a guy that is having a good year.

Leach had a really good game and I noticed the play where he pancacked Timmons.

I'd like to see the methodology from PFF re pass coverage. For example, there was one play where Timmons had good coverage down the field on the TE and a pass was not thrown. Is that accounted for? Not challenging - just wondering.

feltdizz
12-05-2012, 02:37 PM

I'd like to see the methodology from PFF re pass coverage. For example, there was one play where Timmons had good coverage down the field on the TE and a pass was not thrown. Is that accounted for? Not challenging - just wondering.

Coaches love that stuff when they look at the film. Fans love splash plays and bad plays but they have a hard time appreciating the little things like completing your assignment without getting your name called.

RuthlessBurgher
12-05-2012, 03:32 PM
Ha ! I Forgot about the feet loving Jets coach. What a circus act that coach and team have been since he had taken over. I'm so glad we're lucky enough to have the Rooneys as the Steeler owners. Once Art II retires, are there any up an coming Rooneys to step in as the figure head and voice of reason for the team/corporation ?

Art II's brother (Dan Jr.) has been a scout for the team (he was the one who suggested that we sign FWP as a UDFA once upon a time), and he was recently given a promotion to player personnel coordinator this offseason, so that's another Rooney who is heavily involved in the organization. I believe the next generation (the great-grandchildren of the Chief) are still too young to know about what paths they will take in life.

NJ-STEELER
12-07-2012, 02:25 AM

not sure if its the same play im thinking of, but leach knocked him back 5-6 yards on a run play too