PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else notice that Leftwich came up lame....

lloydroid
11-19-2012, 07:22 PM
....and his half roll into the endzone on his TD run? (It was no where near a full somersault, much better described as a half roll.) It didn't seem possible that that movement caused the injury, so I am assuming he injured his ribs while running, or they were injured before he ever suited up for the game. But we can all be assured of one thing: The Steelers will lie about it. If he did truly injure them on that little half roll into the endzone, then he is made of glass. I can't believe they left him in the game when he couldn't even throw the ball. It was excruciatingly obvious that he couldn't throw. Obviously, the team had to know.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-19-2012, 07:45 PM
I was thinking he got his ribs hurt by the repeated slamming by 1+ tons of human force slamming into them.

BradshawsHairdresser
11-19-2012, 08:48 PM
....and his half roll into the endzone on his TD run? (It was no where near a full somersault, much better described as a half roll.) It didn't seem possible that that movement caused the injury, so I am assuming he injured his ribs while running, or they were injured before he ever suited up for the game. But we can all be assured of one thing: The Steelers will lie about it. If he did truly injure them on that little half roll into the endzone, then he is made of glass. I can't believe they left him in the game when he couldn't even throw the ball. It was excruciatingly obvious that he couldn't throw. Obviously, the team had to know.
All I can figure is that Tomlin had zero confidence in Charlie Batch.

hawaiiansteel
11-19-2012, 08:56 PM
All I can figure is that Tomlin had zero confidence in Charlie Batch.

or didn't want to see Charlie also get hurt and be left with no QBs against the Browns...

winwithd
11-19-2012, 09:28 PM

After rewatching that play I think he might have fallen on the ball.