PDA

View Full Version : Why why why????

SidSmythe
11-19-2012, 12:22 AM
Why would you call a T.O. at right before the TWO minute warning.
NOW the Ravens can pass it b/c an incomplete won't make a difference with the CLOCK!!!

SidSmythe
11-19-2012, 12:25 AM
Great, we saved 4 SECONDS!!! UGH!

pittpete
11-19-2012, 12:34 AM
Bad clock management..
Is Mendy braindead also not running out of bounds?

SidSmythe
11-19-2012, 12:37 AM
Bad clock management..
Is Mendy braindead also not running out of bounds?

Yeah, he went to the same school of clock management that Tomlin did.

steelz09
11-19-2012, 12:39 AM
It wasn't bad clock management.

What screwed them was the defensive offsides.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
11-19-2012, 12:42 AM
It wasn't bad clock management.

What screwed them was the defensive offsides.

Disagree. They either should have called it around 2:50 or saved it until after the 2:00 warning. Instead we had no two minute timeout.

The 2:04 timeout put us in position to have bad things happen.

papillon
11-19-2012, 12:47 AM
Disagree. They either should have called it around 2:50 or saved it until after the 2:00 warning. Instead we had no two minute timeout.

The 2:04 timeout put us in position to have bad things happen.

I disagree, on 3rd and 7 with the Ravens offense rarely making more than 5 yards on any given play stopping the clock at 2:04 would have killed the clock at about 1:55 at the worst with it being 4th down. The Steelers get the ball back with 1:48 worst case after the punt.

They played it right and put the pressure on the Ravens offense to convert a 3rd and 7, the mistake was Kiesel's brain cramp offside penalty.

Pappy

phillyesq
11-19-2012, 12:59 AM
I disagree, on 3rd and 7 with the Ravens offense rarely making more than 5 yards on any given play stopping the clock at 2:04 would have killed the clock at about 1:55 at the worst with it being 4th down. The Steelers get the ball back with 1:48 worst case after the punt.

They played it right and put the pressure on the Ravens offense to convert a 3rd and 7, the mistake was Kiesel's brain cramp offside penalty.

Pappy

I agree with Pappy. Good call. Bad execution.

Steelreal
11-19-2012, 01:48 AM
Of course its a good call. Blame Tomlin and not Keisel?

The agenda is OBVIOUS. WOW

Jigawatts
11-19-2012, 07:48 AM
What's worse is the two time outs near the goal line that led to 3 points. You can't burn 2 timeouts and not come out with 7 in that situation.

flippy
11-19-2012, 08:37 AM
I woulda called the timeout at 2:50 making it more dangerous to pass on 3rd down and potentially getting the ball back with more time on the clock. Calling a TO early always gives you the potential to get more time on the clock. Waiting never gives you a chance at extra time.

Oviedo
11-19-2012, 08:59 AM

Pappy

Totally agree. Rare lack of focus by Kiesel is what screwed us. Nothing wrong with the timeout.

Ghost
11-19-2012, 09:04 AM
What's worse is the two time outs near the goal line that led to 3 points. You can't burn 2 timeouts and not come out with 7 in that situation.

It can't be overstated how horrendous this was. 2 timeouts gone and still couldn't come up with a TD play. Head scratching bad.

Steelreal
11-19-2012, 09:18 AM

Oh stop that. Like Ben is a TD machine. Ben is king of the FG. I think the play ddnt get in in time. Thats all Haley/Tomlin

Steelreal
11-19-2012, 09:19 AM
No Keisel criticism? Really guys?

feltdizz
11-19-2012, 09:26 AM
The T.O. at 2:04 was smart. Keisel screwed it up with the penalty but I guess it's hard to blame certain players on this team when they make mistakes.

Jigawatts
11-19-2012, 09:27 AM
Oh stop that. Like Ben is a TD machine. Ben is king of the FG. I think the play ddnt get in in time. Thats all Haley/Tomlin

You're kidding right? This has nothing to do with Ben. What are you, Leftys adoptive father? To come away with a field goal is disappointing. To come away with a field goal AND burn two timeouts is a disaster.

steelz09
11-19-2012, 09:35 AM

The play didn't get in on time?!?! How? When you had a full time out beforehand.

Eich
11-19-2012, 09:36 AM
You're kidding right? This has nothing to do with Ben. What are you, Leftys adoptive father? To come away with a field goal is disappointing. To come away with a field goal AND burn two timeouts is a disaster.

That was the game right there. To that point, our run game was having their way. And we abandonded it at the goal line. Having Lefty throw a fade pass into the end zone seems like it had far less chance of success than any kind of crafty run play. Pound it up the middle, Mendy on the outside, a reverse - anything but a rusty, old, hurt QB trying to throw a fade to a relatively short Wallace who apparently wasn't willing to sacrifice his body to keep the 2nd foot in bounds.

SidSmythe
11-19-2012, 10:43 AM
Of course its a good call. Blame Tomlin and not Keisel?

The agenda is OBVIOUS. WOW

Blame Keisel for what???
Jumping offsides when the Left Tackle made a false start?? Go watch the replay.

Slapstick
11-19-2012, 10:47 AM
Blame Keisel for what???
Jumping offsides when the Left Tackle made a false start?? Go watch the replay.

So, that's Tomlin's fault?

NJ-STEELER
11-19-2012, 06:53 PM
The T.O. at 2:04 was smart. Keisel screwed it up with the penalty but I guess it's hard to blame certain players on this team when they make mistakes.

i thought so too...try and save every second.

another angle i heard today is tomlin wanted teh ravens to pass. give us a chance at a turnover and change the game around. like the play troy made 2 years ago