PDA

View Full Version : Leftwich Sucks

BradshawsHairdresser
11-18-2012, 11:03 PM
Maybe they can come up with something at halftime to help him.

BradshawsHairdresser
11-18-2012, 11:30 PM
Guess not.

AngryAsian
11-19-2012, 12:07 AM
I was about to start a thread with the exact same title...lol...
He's turable.

pittpete
11-19-2012, 12:37 AM
Lefty obviously hurt and cant throw but hes still in there when we need a few big throws...
Man o man

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-19-2012, 12:37 AM
He's a friggin' back up. What can we expect, another Tommy>Ben transition?

squidkid
11-19-2012, 01:01 AM
Lefty obviously hurt and cant throw but hes still in there when we need a few big throws...
Man o man

seems like a head coach might have noticed something and made a decision

SteelBucks
11-19-2012, 01:03 AM
Saying they're thin at QB is an understatement. It's time to see what Batch can do.

Steelreal
11-19-2012, 01:34 AM
When Ben stays in hurt he is called tough. When he play subpar the Steeler Nation makes 50 excuses for his performance. Why doesnt leftwich get the same courtesy? The guy hasnt started in years. Has had a handful of practices with the 1st unit. He was playing the Ravens. Its not like Ben lights it up vs the Ravens.

Having said that, Leftwich sucks! GOLLY

squidkid
11-19-2012, 01:38 AM
When Ben stays in hurt he is called tough. When he play subpar the Steeler Nation makes 50 excuses for his performance. Why doesnt leftwich get the same courtesy? The guy hasnt started in years. Has had a handful of practices with the 1st unit. He was playing the Ravens. Its not like Ben lights it up vs the Ravens.

Having said that, Leftwich sucks! GOLLY

i guess we now know why ben never wants to come out when hes hurt

Steelreal
11-19-2012, 01:46 AM
NO player wants to come out when they are hurt

LordVile
11-19-2012, 01:56 AM
NO player wants to come out when they are hurt

jay cutler in the NFCC?? :D

Steelreal
11-19-2012, 01:59 AM
Was the coaching staffs decision not Cutlers

Steelreal
11-19-2012, 02:07 AM
Ben Roethlisberger- 22- 41 280 Yards 53.7 % 6.8 YP 4 Sacks 1 TD 3 INTS 52.9 QBR. These are our starters stats in the 35-7 loss to the Ravens last season. Does our starter suck? Of course not. Just a bad game vs a good defense. Lefty should get a pass too

Steelreal
11-19-2012, 02:09 AM
Ok maybe not. lol

LordVile
11-19-2012, 03:03 AM
;) ...........

Jooser
11-19-2012, 08:40 AM
Leftwich: 18/39 201 yrds. Not bad considering the line was about as effective as a screen door last night. By comparison, Flacco was 20/32 164 yrds. Lefty, even hurt and getting killed by the blitz was effective enough to win last night. The Wallace fumble and the Punt return were the difference in the game. You can't expect a guy who's started one game in 2 years to come in and light it up in a division rivalry game folks, perhaps you should check your expectations at the door.

BigBubba
11-19-2012, 08:49 AM
As697 As Ravens fan, I am not sure what is more painful, looking at the Steeler uniforms or listening to Chris Collingsworth for three hours

flippy
11-19-2012, 08:58 AM
Lefty looked great until he hurt himself on his 31 yard TD run.

He threw some really bad balls, but he also threw a couple of good ones and didn't get much help. Sloppy pass blocking. Couple penalties. Some lack of effort. The team didn't step up and help him out much.

I thought the Ravens would attack Adams because he's horrible in pass pro, but they did something smart - they realized they can beat him with 1 guy. And they sent 2-3 guys at Max Starks when they needed pressure. And of course, we always leave Max alone because he's so good. But he can't block 3 guys. How do the Ravens line up 3 guys on Starks and no one decides to help him multiple times? Were we that concerned about helping Adams with his 1 guy?

Oviedo
11-19-2012, 09:03 AM
Lefty looked great until he hurt himself on his 31 yard TD run.

He threw some really bad balls, but he also threw a couple of good ones and didn't get much help. Sloppy pass blocking. Couple penalties. Some lack of effort. The team didn't step up and help him out much.

I thought the Ravens would attack Adams because he's horrible in pass pro, but they did something smart - they realized they can beat him with 1 guy. And they sent 2-3 guys at Max Starks when they needed pressure. And of course, we always leave Max alone because he's so good. But he can't block 3 guys. How do the Ravens line up 3 guys on Starks and no one decides to help him multiple times? Were we that concerned about helping Adams with his 1 guy?

Totally correct on the pass blocking. Starks is a rock for us at LT. Can't even imagine after the past two season how anyone can criticize him.

Adams is not ready for primetime. I said it last week before the game. The Ravens were going to blitz all night long. Our OL just isn't good enough to handle that.

Eich
11-19-2012, 09:25 AM
Ben Roethlisberger- 22- 41 280 Yards 53.7 % 6.8 YP 4 Sacks 1 TD 3 INTS 52.9 QBR. These are our starters stats in the 35-7 loss to the Ravens last season. Does our starter suck? Of course not. Just a bad game vs a good defense. Lefty should get a pass too

EXCEPT this year's Ravens defense doesn't even resemble last year's. The RATS were prime for the taking last night and our offense and special teams let them down.

Sad that Leftwich is so fragile that he hurt himself untouched in the end zone on the 2nd play of the game. Sad that our receivers were not stepping up and helping Leftwich look a little better. Sad that our coaches didn't at least try Batch after how many fizzled drives? Sad that we got our running game going only to abandon it near the end zone and settling for 3 points.

Steelreal
11-19-2012, 09:33 AM
The Ravens defense looked the same to me. Did you see the massive hits they put on us? Yes, Leftwich hurt himself (by goofily falling) but Ben hurt himself by running around like a lunatic and not getting rid of the ball. If Ben was smarter he wouldnt be hurt. The Steelers are known for having fizzled drives even when Ben is in. When has Ben lit up the Ravens? I can think of only once on Monday Night. The game deebo went off in. I could post Roethlisbergers stats vs the Ravens the last 9 years and you will see the same thing (inconsistent play from the qb). The difference is that Ben doesnt look as goofy and fragile as Leftwich does. But I'm a fair and objective Steeler fan, not a biased one. Some of the things that Lefty gets blamed for Ben is given a pass and thats bs

Steelreal
11-19-2012, 09:35 AM
We lost by 3 points AGAIN. Without Ben, Polamalu etc. I think that is a VERY good showing

steelz09
11-19-2012, 09:37 AM
I think the Steelers overall had a good showing especially the defense..

However, if Leftwich doesn't play better than that, it's very possible that we'll lose out and miss the playoffs.

BradshawsHairdresser
11-19-2012, 09:40 AM
We lost by 3 points AGAIN. Without Ben, Polamalu etc. I think that is a VERY good showing
We keep making very good showings like that one, and pretty quick, we'll be completely out of playoff contention...

Jooser
11-19-2012, 10:01 AM
Losing to an 8-2 divisional rival by three points, without our HOF QB, HOF Safety, a hurt JH (DPOY), Rookie RT, a Whiffy Colon, and RB by committee (The coaches can't decide who "obviously" has the hot hand). It still wasn't a bad showing. Honestly, I think we'll clip 'em on the next round. First, we gotta get by the stains and quit shooting ourselves in the foot with stupid drops and fumbles, not to mention the penalties are just incredible at this point. Oh, and tackle the damn punt returner.

Jooser
11-19-2012, 10:03 AM
No Antonio Brown either....

Ghost
11-19-2012, 10:08 AM
This game is the perfect example of why you have to beat the sh!t teams - Raiders/Titans - when you play them, as you never know what's going to happen later in the season. Win those 2 and the Steelers would stil be in great possition with some time to prepare for the second Ravens game, a team they can beat.

Jooser
11-19-2012, 10:49 AM
This game is the perfect example of why you have to beat the sh!t teams - Raiders/Titans - when you play them, as you never know what's going to happen later in the season. Win those 2 and the Steelers would stil be in great possition with some time to prepare for the second Ravens game, a team they can beat.

Agreed :Agree:Agree

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
11-19-2012, 11:10 AM
The Ravens defense looked the same to me.

They looked the same statistically because Lefty kept missing wide open receivers. While everyone is dumping on Wallace for not diving for the ball at his feet, we are forgetting the fact that he was wide open and the throw did not get to him. Almost every out pattern was thrown out of bounds. He missed many throws that Ben routinely makes. So, we then find ourselves in 3rd and long, forced into a passing situation, sacked, and the Ravens look the same. If some of those throws are made then they can't pin their ears back so many times, and they look like an aging group that is playing without so many of their injured stars.

AngryAsian
11-19-2012, 11:54 AM
All you Leftwich apologists crack me up. The guy hurt himself tripping over his feet in the EZ on his RD run. That is up there with Bill Gramatica tearing his ACL on a celebration jump after making a field goal. Sorry, just an opinion folks....he's collecting some serious cash to hig pine and at least he can come in and be prepared whenvhis number is called. He missed some seriously open throws.

Mister Pittsburgh
11-19-2012, 01:13 PM
Any of you guys see the movie 'Unbreakable' with Bruce Willis? Leftwich is pretty much Samuel L. Jacksons character in that movie. I'm pretty sure Leftwich could roll an ankle taking his morning piss.

ikestops85
11-19-2012, 06:41 PM
Here is my problem with Leftwich's performance. He chose pride out of performance. He put his pride in front of the team goals. He couldn't throw the ball further than 10 yards down the field on the last drive yet he didn't take himself out of the game.

I laugh at those blaming Wallace for not getting that low ball. Those guys have been practicing all week catching from the cannon arm of Lefty. I'm sure when Wallace saw the ball coming he had no idea it was a change up that took a nose dive at the end of the throw.

Now for the part that really hurt. He has Galbreath wide open for a touchdown which would have won the game. There was nobody within 20 yards of Galbreath and Lefty couldn't even get the ball halfway there. For a few seconds I thought we were going to steal this game from them the way they stole one from us last year.

Lefty had to tell the coaches he couldn't make the plays. I don't know if Batch would have been better but at least we would have had a shot to win.

Steelreal
11-19-2012, 11:15 PM
They looked the same statistically because Lefty kept missing wide open receivers. While everyone is dumping on Wallace for not diving for the ball at his feet, we are forgetting the fact that he was wide open and the throw did not get to him. Almost every out pattern was thrown out of bounds. He missed many throws that Ben routinely makes. So, we then find ourselves in 3rd and long, forced into a passing situation, sacked, and the Ravens look the same. If some of those throws are made then they can't pin their ears back so many times, and they look like an aging group that is playing without so many of their injured stars.

Ben has mad a career of underthrowing the long ball. Leftwich was obviously hurt (come to find out his ribs were broken). Ben is called Tough and given a pass while Lefty gets blame. Of course he missed throws that Ben routinely makes. BEN is always getting the reps. Have you ever been to an NFL practice? The backup gets ZERO reps. So Leftwich had maybe 3 practices with the 1st team and you want him to play as well as Ben? Really? Leftwich hit Cotchery AND Wallace for TDs and they were both dropped (feet).

I'm not saying Leftwich is great because he certainly isnt but why does Ben get a pass and 80 excuses and Lefty does not? Some people are just plain biased as hell.

Steelreal
11-19-2012, 11:20 PM
All you Leftwich apologists crack me up. The guy hurt himself tripping over his feet in the EZ on his RD run. That is up there with Bill Gramatica tearing his ACL on a celebration jump after making a field goal. Sorry, just an opinion folks....he's collecting some serious cash to hig pine and at least he can come in and be prepared whenvhis number is called. He missed some seriously open throws.

How did Ben get hurt? He hurt himself. How did Ben get hurt last season? He hurt himself. What happened to Ben in Georgia? He hurt himself. What happened to Ben on the motorcycle? He hurt himself.

Leftwich is our backup for a reason. He is not as good as Ben. He missed a lot of passes, I agree. He is goofy as heck, I agree, he is fragile as hell, I agree. He is a borderline scrub, I agree but lets be FAIR when we criticize.

Steelreal
11-19-2012, 11:21 PM
Here is my problem with Leftwich's performance. He chose pride out of performance. He put his pride in front of the team goals. He couldn't throw the ball further than 10 yards down the field on the last drive yet he didn't take himself out of the game.

I laugh at those blaming Wallace for not getting that low ball. Those guys have been practicing all week catching from the cannon arm of Lefty. I'm sure when Wallace saw the ball coming he had no idea it was a change up that took a nose dive at the end of the throw.

Now for the part that really hurt. He has Galbreath wide open for a touchdown which would have won the game. There was nobody within 20 yards of Galbreath and Lefty couldn't even get the ball halfway there. For a few seconds I thought we were going to steal this game from them the way they stole one from us last year.

Lefty had to tell the coaches he couldn't make the plays. I don't know if Batch would have been better but at least we would have had a shot to win.

Why wouldnt he? He learned it from #7. Lefty is wrong but Ben is tough when he does it right? lol

hawaiiansteel
11-19-2012, 11:26 PM
How did Ben get hurt? He hurt himself.

yes 43, that clumsy Ben obviously hurt himself. :roll:

http://aeryssports.com/aerys-offsides/files/2012/11/566038_1.jpg

Sugar
11-19-2012, 11:39 PM
yes 43, that clumsy Ben obviously hurt himself. :roll:

http://aeryssports.com/aerys-offsides/files/2012/11/566038_1.jpg

Wow, Hali must be so relieved that he didn't do it!

steelz09
11-19-2012, 11:45 PM
I would have pulled the plug on the Leftwich experience after the 1st half which was pathetic.

Sugar
11-19-2012, 11:47 PM
I would have pulled the plug on the Leftwich experience after the 1st half which was pathetic.

Coaches don't typically like to do that kind of thing. This is the guys first starting experience in years. It's not like the Ravens were rolling on them or something. Sometimes you just have to see if a guy can get hot.

Steel Life
11-19-2012, 11:54 PM
Why wouldnt he? He learned it from #7. Lefty is wrong but Ben is tough when he does it right? lol
Are you Lefty's agent? Just acknowledge he played like crap & missed a lot of throws...the win was there for the taking & he wasn't up to the task.

Chadman
11-20-2012, 12:11 AM
Thought Leftwich went ok, to be honest. Not great, but not enough to cost victory either. Pretty much the same level Batch has offered for a number of years.

He was badly protected, the Steelers didn't run effectively enough, WR's were dropping balls.

Not all the blame shoud go Lefty's way. Could he be better? Yes. And if he'd been healthier over the last couple of seasons, chances are he would have been better. But there's gotta be a lot of rust there.

Given that we've praised Haley for his gameplans so far, it's fair to be critical when he comes up short. Didn't think Haley put the Steelers in the best position to win this game- not enough variety in the run game to spring points, not enough reliance on the run game to keep the ball away from the Ravens. And the WR's looked bad yesterday. And that's all of them- not just Wallace. They didn't put themselves in good enough positions to have the back-up QB do his job, and too many plays left on the field.

Leftwich is a fine back-up QB. But he's not Ben, and can't be asked to run an offense like Ben.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-20-2012, 12:16 AM
He was friggin' playing with two broken ribs! How are people saying he sucked?? Sure, he's not HOF material, or even Pro Bowl, but he left everything on the field for his team last night. If that's not a Steeler, I don't know what is.

DukieBoy
11-20-2012, 12:32 AM
If Lefty was healthy the whole game, we'd have won it. Lefty was hurting bad. He's a warrior, won't stop fighting, someone has to know that and throw in the towel. Coaches should have pulled him, IMO.

Steelreal
11-20-2012, 12:37 AM
Im glad there are some UNBIASED guys here. Refreshing.

BEN GET WELL. PLEASE!!

Steelreal
11-20-2012, 12:41 AM
Are you Lefty's agent? Just acknowledge he played like crap & missed a lot of throws...the win was there for the taking & he wasn't up to the task.

Read my posts, I Typed that he didnt play well. My contention is that Ben plays like crap too. Why does he get a pass? I said "Leftwich sucked". Ben threw THREE picks vs the Ravens last year and lost 35-7. Does he suck? Nope, he gets a pass. Thats my contention.

When Ben plays injured he is tough. Leftwich did and is selfish. Why the double standard. Please explain.

hawaiiansteel
11-20-2012, 12:43 AM
Im glad there are some UNBIASED guys here. Refreshing.

because you're not biased at all...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_RbyavnOjCtI/S0-bU-lSY8I/AAAAAAAABUM/72bRX7ytu3M/s400/Token-black-Baby-AW-HELL-NAH-.jpg

Steelreal
11-20-2012, 12:47 AM
Roethlisberger had a 82 rating and a 52 rating and FOUR picks in 2 games vs the Ravens last season. Does he suck?

OF COURSE NOT. He just played poorly vs a good defense. But make no mistake about it he played badly just like Leftwich did.

OD

Steelreal
11-20-2012, 12:48 AM
[QUOTE=hawaiiansteel;533796]because you're not biased at all...

How am I biased? Please explain.

Steel Life
11-20-2012, 01:08 AM
Read my posts, I Typed that he didnt play well. My contention is that Ben plays like crap too. Why does he get a pass? I said "Leftwich sucked". Ben threw THREE picks vs the Ravens last year and lost 35-7. Does he suck? Nope, he gets a pass. Thats my contention.

When Ben plays injured he is tough. Leftwich did and is selfish. Why the double standard. Please explain.
Obviously you missed the humor...anyway Ben gets a pass because even when hurt he is better than both Byron & Batch, he gets a pass because he has still found a way to win when hurt, he gets a pass because he's a Pro-Bowl & Super Bowl QB, he gets a pass because he's been taking the same hits for years that Byron did last night & he still gets us in position to win - he gets a pass because he's earned it.

hawaiiansteel
11-20-2012, 01:13 AM
[QUOTE=hawaiiansteel;533796]because you're not biased at all...

How am I biased? Please explain.

you are the antithesis of Crash, both of your acts wear thin after awhile...

Steelreal
11-20-2012, 01:18 AM
Obviously you missed the humor...anyway Ben gets a pass because even when hurt he is better than both Byron & Batch, he gets a pass because he has still found a way to win when hurt, he gets a pass because he's a Pro-Bowl & Super Bowl QB, he gets a pass because he's been taking the same hits for years that Byron did last night & he still gets us in position to win - he gets a pass because he's earned it.

He is better? Is that why Ben is the starter because he is better? lol WHO has said they are better? I dont recall anyone saying they are better.

Here are Ben Roethlisbergers QBRating vs the Ravens in his career.

2010 75.9, Playoffs 101.8
2009 75.2
2008 80.4, 81.9. Playoffs 84.8
2007 158.3,
2006 46.2, 47.2
2005 85.0,
2004 82.5, 125.1

NINE BAD games out of the TWELVE he has played. It doesnt mean he sucks. It just means the Ravens have a great defense.

Ben, Polamalu, AB, Mendy (healthy), Redman were all out and we lost by 3. Noone is saying that Leftwich is better than Ben, thats crazy BUT dont act like Ben plays well when hurt. Shall I cite the Cleveland game of 09 and 08? Shall I cite 06? SB 40? AFCCG vs the Jets (33 rating was lower than Leftwiches 51).

Leftwich isnt Ben and no one is saying he is but lets be fair. Some of you dont have it in you to be unbiased. I understand.

Steelreal
11-20-2012, 01:19 AM
[QUOTE=Steelreal;533799]

you are the antithesis of Crash, both of your acts wear thin after awhile...

I asked you to please explain how I have a bias. I really would like to know. Really

hawaiiansteel
11-20-2012, 01:24 AM
[QUOTE=hawaiiansteel;533802]

I asked you to please explain how I have a bias. I really would like to know. Really

I'll be sure to point it out to you from now on, you really need to get some new material.

fordfixer
11-20-2012, 01:27 AM
[QUOTE=hawaiiansteel;533802]

When you were here last you were banned partly for spamming threads with your hatred for Ben just as you are doing now, looks biased too me

hawaiiansteel
11-20-2012, 01:43 AM

steelers43, stopplayn, how many screen names have you used not only on this board but on other message boards as well to spew your anti-Ben bias and agenda?

seriously dude, Ben is the best QB we've had since Terry Bradshaw. Crash is over at steelernation, go over there and argue with him about Ben because you two are truly a match made in heaven.