PDA

View Full Version : Why Byron Will Be OK

flippy
11-15-2012, 08:58 AM
Everyone seems focused on wanting Byron to be as good as Ben. But he doesn't have to be for us to win. He just has to be better than the QBs we're playing against.

Here's the murderers row coming up on our schedule:

Flacco
Weeden
Flacco
Rivers
Romo
Dalton
Weeden

I'd say Byron's just as good as any of those guys. Should be good enough to win out.

The schedule looks pretty easy, even with Byron. The best part is everyone else is going to have to step up and play their best with Ben down. It's gonna make us sharp, focused, and deadly come playoff time.

Let's go!!!!!

Eich
11-15-2012, 09:19 AM
Sorry but the only QB in that list that Byron might be as good as is Weeden. Otherwise, all the others are better than him and some are far better than him.

None of those games are gimme's with Ben. With Byron, we have to hope our run game stays very solid and our D holds all of them to low scores.

Hopefully the team will really rally in support of injured Ben and backup Byron or it could get really ugly, quick.

BradshawsHairdresser
11-15-2012, 09:35 AM
Sorry but the only QB in that list that Byron might be as good as is Weeden. Otherwise, all the others are better than him and some are far better than him.

None of those games are gimme's with Ben. With Byron, we have to hope our run game stays very solid and our D holds all of them to low scores.

$$$$$
I can't be too encouraged as I look at that stretch of games minus Ben. I don't think our run game is strong enough to carry the offense (particularly when opponents can key on stopping the run), and I think our current D is best suited to complement an offense that maintains a long T.O.P.. If this defense is forced to be out on the field a lot, it could get pretty ugly.

Hope I'm wrong.

Oviedo
11-15-2012, 09:37 AM

Hopefully the team will really rally in support of injured Ben and backup Byron or it could get really ugly, quick.

Yes to this. Leftwich will clearly be the lesser QB on the field except when we play Cleveland. IMO this is shaping up to a 3-4 seven game run.

Starlifter
11-15-2012, 10:02 AM
The season will largely be determined in the next 3 games. Lose 2 to the rats and well.....................

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
11-15-2012, 10:18 AM
This thread is funny. I've been watching football for almost 40 years and have never seen two QBs step on the field together to face off one-on-one. Byron has to be able to direct the Steelers offense against the other team's D. Romo, Rivers et al have to direct their offenses against the Steelers D. Of all of the matchups there will be, nowhere is it a challenge of QB vs. QB. If football was always about a head to head matchups between QBs there would be more undefeated teams in the history of the league.

papillon
11-15-2012, 10:26 AM

You're giving Rivers, Romo and Dalton credit for talent that they haven't shown consistently enough, although I agree that Leftwich isn't better than them, he's only a step below and if he protects the ball and makes 5-8 plays per game the Steelers will win 4 games out of the next 7 and that makes it tough for teams that are two games down in the loss column to catch the Steelers. Three of the four teams behind the Steelers would have to go 6-1 and one of them would have to 6-0 to get to 10 wins.

Flacco is better and Weeden definitely isn't and we play him twice. I'll count on Romo, Rivers and Dalton to hand the game to the Steelers with mistakes as they have for the most part in the past. Dalton is probably the best of the three IMO at this point. Rivers is a numbers quarterback (a lot yards, not enough wins) and Romo makes mistakes in almost every game (when he doesn't he's very good, that's rare).

There's 4 wins to be had in the final 7 games without Ben and the Steelers are good enough to get them.

Pappy

Slapstick
11-15-2012, 10:35 AM
Not only is this the lineup, but:

Flacco - Home
Weeden - Away
Flacco - Away
Rivers - Home
Romo - Away
Dalton - Home
Weeden - Home

This also plays a factor...hell, the Dallas game could seem like a home game as well...that stadium can't fill itself with Cowboy fans, it's too big...

SidSmythe
11-15-2012, 10:37 AM
It's time to see how good our defense really is. I think Byron's offense can put up 17 pts/game ...its up to our defense to put up less.

Keyplay1
11-15-2012, 11:07 AM
$$$$$
I can't be too encouraged as I look at that stretch of games minus Ben. I don't think our run game is strong enough to carry the offense (particularly when opponents can key on stopping the run), and I think our current D is best suited to complement an offense that maintains a long T.O.P.. If this defense is forced to be out on the field a lot, it could get pretty ugly.

Hope I'm wrong.

I do too. So I have no choice but to emphasize some positives. One thing is for sure Leftwich can fire the pellota?. There are probably very few if any that have a bigger arm then Byron Leftwich. And as Joe Starkey, the Tribune writer pointed out today, BL can "pitch from the stretch" when needed. This was in reference to the windup on the deeper throws.

It will be interesting to see how well the quick pitch, timing pass game[nobody can spell that R-word], checkdown, nickelanddime game[my favorite], or as some seem to prefer dink and dunk works out.

Some of us have seen really very little of BL. But one thing I always noticed was I don't think I have ever seen a QB that opposing D's seem to want to batter and blast more. I would bet that if the mf did not also head butt him in the KC game no penalty would have been called. Even the few times I saw a game when he was in Jax the same thing. Was this out of fear of his arm?? Many of the hits were dangerously close to penalties too but rarely called.

No doubt, as BHD pointed out, a super effort from the run game and the D is going to be needed.[ST too] But, it is very possible that plenty of damage will be done with the air game.

The temperature Sunday is expected to be mild and in the 50's. Generally clear [sunny] but with the possibility of rain. Rain we can do without. Had enough Monday night.

Big Ben 6-5 241 2004 draft
Big BL 6-6 241 2003 draft

Shawn
11-15-2012, 11:14 AM

Nah...I would take Weeden over Lefty.

Slapstick
11-15-2012, 11:31 AM

I might have as well...until I heard Weeden's post-bye press conference...

Dude didn't sound like a leader at all...

Ghost
11-15-2012, 11:37 AM
I have to admit - when I first looked at the title of this thread; I thought "Who is Byron Will"...

Shawn
11-15-2012, 12:02 PM
I have to admit - when I first looked at the title of this thread; I thought "Who is Byron Will"...

Byron Will is the guy I wish we had instead of Byron Leftwich. :)

I jest...while I'm not crazy about the idea of life without Ben...Lefty should be an adequate fill in.

flippy
11-15-2012, 01:17 PM
It's time to see how good our defense really is. I think Byron's offense can put up 17 pts/game ...its up to our defense to put up less.

That would make us the #29 scoring Offense in football.

Right now we're the #18 scoring Offense.

If Byron can just be average, he might be able to improve our scoring output and get us over 23 points a game.

flippy
11-15-2012, 01:22 PM
When they asked Byron if he can win a SuperBowl after Ben went down, Byron looked cool as a cucumber. He's not Ben, but we all know that including him. He'll make plays. He's a pro. He knows the standard is the standard.

I'm with Tomlin. The standard is the SuperBowl. Byron's the next man up and he can take us there if need be.

There's less pressure on Byron than any of these other QBs. He'll be fine. He'll do his job. I believe in him.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-15-2012, 01:46 PM
Our run game is not independent of our passing game. It was the need to defend Ben that let Redman, Dwyer, et al. excel.

I'd expect the box to be loaded against us on just about every play, until Lefty/Batch show they can hit our guys downfield. If we can't, then we will have one mighty tired D.

feltdizz
11-15-2012, 01:57 PM
This thread is funny. I've been watching football for almost 40 years and have never seen two QBs step on the field together to face off one-on-one. Byron has to be able to direct the Steelers offense against the other team's D. Romo, Rivers et al have to direct their offenses against the Steelers D. Of all of the matchups there will be, nowhere is it a challenge of QB vs. QB. If football was always about a head to head matchups between QBs there would be more undefeated teams in the history of the league.

This... it comes down to how well the other QB's perform against our D. Every time Ben goes down fans scream it's over... and more times than not we hold our own until he returns.

feltdizz
11-15-2012, 01:59 PM

I wouldn't.. Weeden is the same age isn't he? LOL...

flippy
11-15-2012, 02:09 PM
I'd expect the box to be loaded against us on just about every play, until Lefty/Batch show they can hit our guys downfield. If we can't, then we will have one mighty tired D.

This would be great. It's not like Byron can't throw.

With 8 or 9 in the box, that leaves 2-3 guys to cover Wally, Manny, and Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeath. I'll gladly take that and I bet the Steelers will too.

In fact, I would be surprised if Haley doesn't let Byron pass more on 1st downs to try to make it easier and avoid 3rd and longs.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-15-2012, 02:14 PM

With 8 or 9 in the box, that leaves 2-3 guys to cover Wally, Manny, and Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeath. I'll gladly take that and I bet the Steelers will too.

In fact, I would be surprised if Haley doesn't let Byron pass more on 1st downs to try to make it easier and avoid 3rd and longs.

Flip, that would be great. Sunday night ... can't get here soon enough!

Oviedo
11-15-2012, 02:24 PM

Byron CAN throw (he probably throws a better deep ball than Ben), but he CAN'T throw quick which is why I expect the Ravens to be blitzing him all day long to force him to hurry his throws. Give him 5+ seconds and he can sling it pretty well but when was the last time our OL did that?

flippy
11-15-2012, 02:39 PM
Byron CAN throw (he probably throws a better deep ball than Ben), but he CAN'T throw quick which is why I expect the Ravens to be blitzing him all day long to force him to hurry his throws. Give him 5+ seconds and he can sling it pretty well but when was the last time our OL did that?

Byron's not Ben. He'll take his drop and throw the ball. When he goes deep, Haley will give him time and protect him with some PA.

NW Steeler
11-15-2012, 02:57 PM
I'm reserving my judgement until after Sunday night. I have no idea what to expect.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
11-15-2012, 03:24 PM
I expect Byron to look better on Sunday after a full week of practice reps compared to stepping in cold with no practice reps.

BigRob
11-15-2012, 03:29 PM
I expect Byron to look better on Sunday after a full week of practice reps compared to stepping in cold with no practice reps.

People underestimate this. Byron will get all of the reps in practice this week as the starter. Monday night was his first live game action in what two years?

Oviedo
11-15-2012, 03:45 PM
People underestimate this. Byron will get all of the reps in practice this week as the starter. Monday night was his first live game action in what two years?

I really hope we are all on this board Monday morning raving about BL's performance!!!!! Talking to a couple other fans from other teams (Packers and Pats) here at work they both said we are so lucky to have someone as good as BL. They both said if their starter goes down they are done without a question. Maybe we are luckier than we think right now.

hawaiiansteel
11-15-2012, 03:47 PM

and if Lefty can't throw quick short passes he's going to have a difficult time adjusting to Haley's playbook...

hawaiiansteel
11-15-2012, 04:15 PM
Starkey: Leftwich can handle it

By Joe Starkey
Published: Wednesday, November 14, 2012

http://triblive.com/csp/mediapool/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?STREAMOID=EeSWM fsRLsj2aWo0Yginb8$daE2N3K4ZzOUsqbU5sYv0d$OscytzvBX r1ATG5dsTWCsjLu883Ygn4B49Lvm9bPe2QeMKQdVeZmXF$9l$4 uCZ8QDXhaHEp3rvzXRJFdy0KqPHLoMevcTLo3h8xh70Y6N_U_C ryOsw6FTOdKL_jpQ-&CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg

Steelers back up quarterback Byron Leftwich plays against the Cheifs in the second half at Heinz Field Nov. 12, 2012

The purpose here is to offer a defense of Byron Leftwich, but I’ll let Marcus Gilbert go first.

Gilbert tweeted the following item Wednesday: “Wow amazing all the hatred towards Leftwich those people can kiss my (butt)! — m.gilbert”

Thank you, Marcus.

Leftwich defended Leftwich, too. Pretty fervently. All I had to do was mention his windup. Panicked fans are wondering how Leftwich can execute Todd Haley’s quick-pass offense (I didn’t say dink-and-dunk) with a windup longer than “Lord of the Rings III.”

Leftwich has been hearing about the windup since his college days. Does he buy the idea that it compromises his ability to get rid of the ball quickly?

“No. I don’t,” he said. “I normally defend myself and say a whole bunch of numbers (when the topic arises), but I’ll save that for the offseason.”

Actually, he saved it for the very next sentence.

“Hey, man, I’ve thrown the ball the way I’ve thrown the ball my whole entire life. I’ve played 10 years in this league, and to play this long, they don’t just let guys that can’t play sit there. I don’t think about ‘his mobility, his windup, he can’t do this, he can’t do that.’ I try to worry about the things I can do.”

The things he can do should suffice when the Steelers face the Baltimore Ravens without Ben Roethlisberger, though it’s hard to predict how an athlete will react after spending the better part of three years in mothballs.

Leftwich isn’t ancient. He’s 32. His game is no mystery, either. He’s a pocket passer. A fastball pitcher. He can make all the throws, including simple ones to Heath Miller without using a full windup (he can pitch from the stretch). He is smart. He is competitive. And maybe most importantly — in the role of backup — he has a keen sense of his weaknesses.

“Yeah, I have a long windup,” Leftwich said. “I’m not the fastest guy in the world. But I believe I can play a little bit. We’ll just see Sunday night.”

Listening to reaction around town, you’d think the Steelers were turning to Brady Quinn or Dennis Dixon.

People are quick to tell you Leftwich has lost six straight starts with three different teams. They’ll mention he has started one game in 30 months and has never started for the Steelers, despite seemingly being on their roster since 1987.

They’ll remind you that he moves slower than the Mario Lemieux statue. And the windup. Did I mention the windup?

I’m not saying Leftwich is Kurt Warner. There are reasons he isn’t a starter anymore.

But my sense is that the Steelers are in steady hands.

Remember Dixon’s starts against the Ravens and the Falcons? He lost one via interception and easily could have lost the Atlanta game had Falcons defenders not had a bad case of butter fingers.

Combine all of Leftwich’s appearances in a Steelers uniform — preseason and regular season — and these are the pertinent numbers: 126 attempts, 10 touchdowns, no interceptions, 107.2 passer rating.

What’s it mean?

At the least, it’s a strong indication that Leftwich will heed the No. 1 rule for a No. 2 quarterback: Don’t lose the game.

The rampant criticism of Leftwich’s performance Monday was ridiculous. He did no worse than the other two quarterbacks (Matt Cassel, Roethlisberger) who played that night.

After missing on his first three attempts, Leftwich completed 7 of 11 passes. He had two dropped. He also took a huge hit in delivering a pass that was close enough for Emmanuel Sanders to draw an interference call.

Leftwich wasn’t the quarterback who made the game-losing mistake. Cassel was. Give him a week of reps, and he has a chance to be a little better against the 26th-ranked Ravens defense. And even if Antonio Brown is out again, the Steelers aren’t exactly the 3-13 Buccaneers of 2009 — the last team for which Leftwich started.

“It gives me comfort, understanding who I’m going out there with,” he said. “This ain’t the Bad News Bears.”

Bad news? The Steelers are enduring their share.

But they could do a whole lot worse than Byron Leftwich behind center.

http://triblive.com/sports/joestarkey/2950085-74/leftwich-windup-steelers-game-bad-ball-gilbert-lost-mention-ravens#ixzz2CJuDZYSR

Oviedo
11-15-2012, 04:55 PM
Excellent article by Starkey! I feel better already;)

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
11-15-2012, 05:25 PM
I find it hard to believe that a QB made it through college and into the NFL without being able to throw a quick short pass. Sure, we all know that his strong suit is the 60 yard bomb that comes with an excruciatingly long wind-up, but even in offenses built around him not every ball was deep. He must be able to perform the three step drop and hit a guy 5-10 yards away without looking like Luis Tiant (sorry to the younger crowd for this reference, but it is a good one!). He has the summer with Haley's offense, he will have had a full week of reps to shake the rust off - I expect a decent backup performance from BL - better than what we saw in relief on Monday.

lloydroid
11-15-2012, 07:12 PM
Everyone seems focused on wanting Byron to be as good as Ben. But he doesn't have to be for us to win. He just has to be better than the QBs we're playing against.

Flacco
Weeden
Flacco
Rivers
Romo
Dalton
Weeden

I'd say Byron's just as good as any of those guys. Should be good enough to win out.

Judging by the entire career # of all these QBs, Flacco, Romo, Rivers and Dalton are ALL better QBs than BL. Just is ridiculous wind up delivery in his throwing motion alone makes him worse than all those guys. And his lack of touch on short and medium routes is also a problem. He just winds up and BLOWs the ball to every target, full force, plus he can't/won't avoid the rush and get blasted out there, pretty much guaranteeing that he is going to get hurt in a game or two. It's gonna happen; even KC was creaming the guy. You just can't take NFL full shots like that and stay in one piece, so then we will be down to Charlie, who, being almost 40, makes him a likely injury within 1 or 2 games. Remember I said this.

NorthCoast
11-15-2012, 09:00 PM
While everyone is focused on Leftwich and the offense as keys, I still say it comes down to the defense. Forget about long, time-consuming offensive drives. The defense will be on the field alot during these games and we know how exposed they can get. I expect field goals will be the primary method of scoring for the Steelers. The defense may need to hold teams under 10 pts to win games...

NorthCoast
11-15-2012, 09:03 PM
Judging by the entire career # of all these QBs, Flacco, Romo, Rivers and Dalton are ALL better QBs than BL. Just is ridiculous wind up delivery in his throwing motion alone makes him worse than all those guys. And his lack of touch on short and medium routes is also a problem. He just winds up and BLOWs the ball to every target, full force, plus he can't/won't avoid the rush and get blasted out there, pretty much guaranteeing that he is going to get hurt in a game or two. It's gonna happen; even KC was creaming the guy. You just can't take NFL full shots like that and stay in one piece, so then we will be down to Charlie, who, being almost 40, makes him a likely injury within 1 or 2 games. Remember I said this.

If what you say is true, isn't it odd the Steelers chose to sign a LB rather than a 3rd QB? They must have a lot of confidence BL or CB will get through the game intact..... or they are in complete denial about their fragility.

SidSmythe
11-15-2012, 09:06 PM
If what you say is true, isn't it odd the Steelers chose to sign a LB rather than a 3rd QB? They must have a lot of confidence BL or CB will get through the game intact..... or they are in complete denial about their fragility.

is that Italian???

lloydroid
11-15-2012, 09:40 PM

Well, I believe we are about to find out. But I haven't seen either BL or CB last more than 2 games for the last several seasons if called upon. Both seem to get injured within a few games.

lloydroid
11-15-2012, 09:44 PM
I find it hard to believe that a QB made it through college and into the NFL without being able to throw a quick short pass. Sure, we all know that his strong suit is the 60 yard bomb that comes with an excruciatingly long wind-up, but even in offenses built around him not every ball was deep. He must be able to perform the three step drop and hit a guy 5-10 yards away without looking like Luis Tiant (sorry to the younger crowd for this reference, but it is a good one!). He has the summer with Haley's offense, he will have had a full week of reps to shake the rust off - I expect a decent backup performance from BL - better than what we saw in relief on Monday.

I expect him to be better than last week yes. Do I think he can last for more than a few games with his style of play, taking so many punishing shots? No. He won't. He really gets tattooed back there. He won't last.

pfelix73
11-15-2012, 10:24 PM
Bullsheet- Haley will have a solid game plan in there for Byron. He'll be fine. You all worry too much.. Go get your blood pressure checked. lol

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
11-15-2012, 11:19 PM
I expect him to be better than last week yes. Do I think he can last for more than a few games with his style of play, taking so many punishing shots? No. He won't. He really gets tattooed back there. He won't last.

I hear ya, but Haley's O has caused less hits on Ben this season (last game and the injury notwithstanding) and if performed the same way can also cause fewer hits on BL.

Steelreal
11-17-2012, 11:04 AM

Flacco
Weeden
Flacco
Rivers
Romo
Dalton
Weeden

The schedule looks pretty easy, even with Byron. The best part is everyone else is going to have to step up and play their best with Ben down. It's gonna make us sharp, focused, and deadly come playoff time.

Let's go!!!!!

Leftwich also audibles more than Ben. Remember the game vs the Skins? On goaline Lefty saw that the corner was playing off of Tone and he hot routed and hit Tone with a great slant Td. More reasons that Byron will be ok

Leftwich played in the same games as Ben did in 08 vs the Eagles, Skins, Browns and Texans and didn't encounter the same problems as Ben did vs the blitz. In fact in same games in 08 Leftwich rivaled Ben.

vs. Skins- Leftwich 7-10 129 yards 1 TD 145 rating
- Big Ben 5-17 50 yards 1 INT 15.1 rating

vs. Browns Lefty- 7-12 80 yards 78.5 rating 1 Td run
Roethlisberger 9-14 110 yards 1 INT 58.6 rating

vs. Eagles Big Ben 13-25 131 yards 1 INT 50.6 rating
Leftwich 4-7 60 yards 85.4 rating

Not trying to say Lefty is better than Ben just trying to build morale guys. Remember this from Lefty to Wallace?

Video of Leftwich to Wallace in Pre Season game. Perfect pass.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-m...t-Miss-Ben-who

Nice Breakdown

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2010/08...ace-touchdown/

Steelreal
11-17-2012, 11:06 AM
Lastly, when Leftwich was with the Jags, they used to give us fits. Ugly games but I do believe he was 1-1 vs Ben and Ben had the better team.

flippy
11-17-2012, 11:12 AM
Leftwich also audibles more than Ben. Remember the game vs the Skins? On goaline Lefty saw that the corner was playing off of Tone and he hot routed and hit Tone with a great slant Td. More reasons that Byron will be ok

Leftwich played in the same games as Ben did in 08 vs the Eagles, Skins, Browns and Texans and didn't encounter the same problems as Ben did vs the blitz. In fact in same games in 08 Leftwich rivaled Ben.

vs. Skins- Leftwich 7-10 129 yards 1 TD 145 rating
- Big Ben 5-17 50 yards 1 INT 15.1 rating

vs. Browns Lefty- 7-12 80 yards 78.5 rating 1 Td run
Roethlisberger 9-14 110 yards 1 INT 58.6 rating

vs. Eagles Big Ben 13-25 131 yards 1 INT 50.6 rating
Leftwich 4-7 60 yards 85.4 rating

That's some good stuff. I think it's because he's not Ben that he's more effective sometimes. By not holding the ball and forcing the linemen to block longer on every play, it keeps them fresher to block better on passing plays. And it keeps them fresher for run blocking and helps us run better.

Ben's fine line impacts the performance of the rest of the team. Some for the better (WRs, TEs) and some for the worse (OL, RBs). Overall he helps more than he hurts. But when you get a typical pocket passer like Byron, the rest of the players can collectively play a little better. We end up being worse because Ben's better than Byron. But it's doable.

Steelreal
11-17-2012, 11:14 AM
That's some good stuff. I think it's because he's not Ben that he's more effective sometimes. By not holding the ball and forcing the linemen to block longer on every play, it keeps them fresher to block better on passing plays. And it keeps them fresher for run blocking and helps us run better.

Ben's fine line impacts the performance of the rest of the team. Some for the better (WRs, TEs) and some for the worse (OL, RBs). Overall he helps more than he hurts. But when you get a typical pocket passer like Byron, the rest of the players can collectively play a little better. We end up being worse because Ben's better than Byron. But it's doable.

I agree with this post 100% Excellent post man

Steelreal
11-17-2012, 12:29 PM
I think that Leftwich is a better pure passer than Ben (This includes processing info quickly, audibling, hot routing, seeing the field) but Ben is stronger, tougher, more durable,more clutch. Ben has so many intangibles. They are off the charts

Steelreal
11-17-2012, 12:37 PM
Ben is more accurate too

flippy
11-17-2012, 02:31 PM
Ben's clutch and he's inhuman on 3rd down. But our Offense still doesn't put up huge points like it needs to. There's still a lot of room to improve.

And that's why we're ok with Byron or Charlie. They aren't clutch. The aren't 3rd down machines. But can they use the weapons we have on Offense to keep us at #18 in scoring in the league? I think the answer is yes.

Steelreal
11-17-2012, 02:55 PM
I wouldnt call Roethlisberger a third down machine. This year? YES. All the others? No way. (Except 07). He has been clutch every year though

steelz09
11-17-2012, 03:26 PM
Leftwich isn't going to be ok against the Ravens. This offense doesn't suit him at all. He has no touch on the ball... That is not good for Haley's offense. Batch is more suited for a Haley-style offense.

steelz09
11-17-2012, 03:27 PM
I think that Leftwich is a better pure passer

I don't and I don't even think it's close.

BradshawsHairdresser
11-17-2012, 04:33 PM
Lefty does a better Gary Coleman impersonation.

Steelreal
11-18-2012, 05:39 AM
I don't and I don't even think it's close.

Ben is a extend the play draw it up in the dirt passer. Prior to this year that was his game. Leftwich has been a pocket passer his whole career. He sees the field much quicker than Ben. Hes just slow and goofy. Terrible athlete. Remember that TD run Lefty had vs the Browns in 08? He almost fell on his face before running in. The whole bench was laughing at how goofy he looked haha ha

Steelreal
11-18-2012, 01:30 PM
Leftwich isn't going to be ok against the Ravens. This offense doesn't suit him at all. He has no touch on the ball... That is not good for Haley's offense. Batch is more suited for a Haley-style offense.

Why wouldnt the offense suit him? We dont even know the offense. Heck we havent even seen 10 games of his offense. A good coordinator suits his offense to his personel. So he formulated his offense to suit Ben. Thats not the same offense he ran in KC or In Arizona. This is evidence that he changes it for each quarterbacks strengths as he should. I think Haley will do the same with Leftwich. I dont thik any of us truly knows "Haley's offense"

Steelreal
11-18-2012, 01:33 PM
And if Leftwich does ok then the Steelers do to. I dont know why guys are already getting down on our qb. What Leftwich ever done for us? He has only come off the bench to play well for the Steelers. I could care less what he did in Jacksonville or Tampa. While in the burgh he has played well. Very well. The notion that this team is sunk without Ben is ludicrous.

Steelreal
11-18-2012, 01:34 PM
If Leftwich does well we will have Steeler fans picking apart his performance. Where they would give Ben a pass for a bad decision, they will be all over Lefty. "Small sample size", "not enough film on Byron so thats why he had success". We will see similar posts like that hahaha

hawaiiansteel
11-18-2012, 02:46 PM
hey Steelreal,

having a nice conversation with yourself?

Steelreal
11-18-2012, 06:11 PM
Isnt the idea of a forum to post? You guys dont want guys to post? Whats your deal bro?

hawaiiansteel
11-18-2012, 09:29 PM
Isnt the idea of a forum to post? You guys dont want guys to post? Whats your deal bro?

nothing wrong with it bro...

sometimes when I want to have an interesting conversation I talk to myself also. ;)

Steelreal
11-19-2012, 01:30 AM
I hear ya lol